Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread - Updated Throughout The Week!

Thekrakrabbit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hello and welcome to the official Hollywood Video Deals Thread, brought to you by Thekrakrabbit and Cheap Ass Gamers around the world!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to be used to learn about and post about all deals that can be found at Hollywood Video stores around the nation. Feel free to post any deals you may have found, some details and your location and when I see it I will edit this post ASAP to let evetyone know about the money-saver. Please make sure that any deals you post about have your location included to help out fellow CAGs.

I wish you all the best of luck in your quest to be a CAG, and lets all save some cash!

Happy Hunting! :bomb:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Deal(s):

*PLEASE NOTE*
These deals will not work in Hollywood Video stores that have a "Gamecrazy" or "Movie Gallery" in them most of the time. 99% of the time, only standalone Hollywood Video stores or those with a "Gamezone" will run the deals. YMMV. Most of the time, Hollywood Video stores either alone, or with a "Gamezone". NOT Gamecrazy or Movie Gallery.

DVD Deals:

All Movies $12.99 or Less Are Discounted To $4.99 (Needs coupon code up front)
All Movies $9.99 or Less Are Discounted To $3.99 (Needs coupon code up front)
Buy Any Two (2) Movies, Get Two (2) Free (Priced $14.99 or less) (Needs coupon code up front)
Pre-Order Bonuses:

:360::360::360::360::360:

None!

Multiplatform:

None!

Xbox Live 12+1 Month Gold Cards - $39.99:

{Serious YMMV though, as not every Hollywood Video carries these Xbox Live cards, and not every store will have the same amount of stock. Not every store will have many, if they have any.}

New Copies of Madden NFL 10 - $39.99:

{Again, serious, serious, serious YMMV deal as this is not an official Hollywood Video deal and the odds of you scoring such a great steal are slim to none. Nevertheless, a solid deal if you can find it.}

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from mine and got some games. Not as good as the last sale, but the manager said they haven't had many trade ins since his store switched to the only 19.99 and under games. I should have had him check the prices on quite a few games because they had Fallout 3, Star Ocean, Little Big Planet, Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, all at 34.99. Even from the last sale I remember people saying they got Galaxy and Mario Party 8 for 5 dollars. I should go back and have him check the prices on those...

Resident Evil 5 PS3
Midnight Club LA PS3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games Wii
Saint's Row 2 360

Fairlawn, Ohio store is worthless. They barely have any games over $15. Most are already well under $10 and qualify for the 3 for $15 deal.

Another confirmation that Movie Galleries are doing this too. I scored:
Darkness (PS3)
SW: Force Unleashed (PS3)
Elebits (Wii)
Ghost Squad (wii)
Da Blob (wii)

The guy working there had already put aside some good stuff for himself which I think is a fair trade-off for having to work at a video store on Thanksgiving.

If other CoMO CAGs are out there, the store at Broadway/Stadium seems to have a good selection of 360 games left, but nothing much for PS3 or Wii. The Rangeline store has even less selection. I didn't check the Chapel Hill Rd. store.

Went to 4 (5th store was closed.. lol) Hollywood Video stores in my town and came away with:

:360:Street Fighter IV (Rental Case/Cover w/ Instructions)
:ps3:Street Fighter IV
:ps3:Uncharted
:ps2:Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
:ps2:Dark Cloud 2
:ds:Pokemon Diamond
:gc:Zelda: Twilight Princess

Not bad, I'd have to say. There are still 2 more in my area, but don't want to drive 25 minutes to the other city.

A question to those whose HWVs closed... one of the stores had a big sign up saying "Core Collection DVDs $6.99". Their new release board was all erased and all the used games were in the glass cases with the doors open. Am I correct to assume that this store is closing soon?

Somebody please help me out! I just came from HWV and found a couple of games that qualify for the sale. I asked the clerk to check the price of the games and he said that they rang up the same as the sticker price.:cry: The guy wasn't a jerk, but it seemed like he just didn't know. Should I give him the code or is this YMMV?

Thanks for the heads up super_dawn.

Manged to get:

Prototype
Left 4 Dead
Uncharted
Heavenly Sword
Gears 2
MK vs DC
Animal Crossing
Wario Land Shake It

Games that rang up OVER 29.99:

Resistence 2
UFC
Mario Galaxy
Paper Mario

only 1 store left open in my hood and i didn't get there till 11:30. took me a friggin hour at gamecrazy trying to get my credit on a giftcard. ended up with:

50 cent blood on the sand
guitar hero world tour
far cry 2
velvet assassin
mercenaries 2

wii
dead rising chop till you drop

ps3
soul calibur 4
up
hawx
bad company

not that great of a haul, but i didn't expect much being almost 2hrs late. apparently there were already 2 people waiting outside before they opened and an employee had first dibs the night before.

The two I went two were jokes. Anything that was worth grabing was nonexisitent and the thing that cracked me up was almost ever game had a 49.99 sticker coving the real price.

PS3-
Mortal Kombat vs. DC
MGS4

360-
Bionic commando
Oblivion
Bully
Dead Space
Ninja Gaiden 2
Bioshock

Wii-
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis

total = 55 - 35 for flipping bioshock and the wii games to Game Crazy - 10 for selling mgs4 to a friend

= 10 dollars...too bad none of the games were actually that good...

Wish I would've gone earlier but I still got some great games

* Prototype (Xbox 360)
* Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360)
* Pokemon Platinum Version (DS)
* Animal Crossing Wild World (DS)
* Godfather 2 (Xbox 360)
* Midnight Club L.A. (Xbox 360)
* Guitar Hero World Tour (Wii)

Got a okay haul between 2 stores here in Kent, WA. I got Uncharted and Heavenly Sword and bought China Wars for the DS as well...not bad for $15 and some change

[quote name='ackbar7']Went to many stores, none were doing the deal today. WTF! I am super pissed.[/QUOTE]
At one of the stores I went to the girl working the counter didn't know about the deal, but when I asked about it, she checked the computer and found the info right away. YMMV as far as getting an employee who's willing to look it up.

Managed to score:

360 -

GoW 2 x 2
Saints Row 2
Prototype
Midnight Club : LA

Wii -

WarioWare Smooth Moves
Mario Power Tennis

Games that didnt ring up under 30 -

Skate 2 - 360
Fallout 3 - 360..

Not bad..Im happy..

the first place I went to they would only allow one game purchase and they had nothing to choose from...dejected I drove to another nearby store and hit the jackpot!!!

PS3:
ninja gaiden sigma
Hot shots golf out of bounds
Fuel
Chronicles of riddick
assassins creed 1
dead space
H-A-W-X
midnight club
heavenly sword

Xbox 360
mirrors edge
street fighter 4
saints row 2
midnight club

ps2:
Okami

Gamecube:
mario paryt 7
legend of zelda twilight princess

i got

PS3

Midnight Club: LA
Dynasty Warriors 6 - Is this a good game i don't even know anything about it but my store just had 2 PS3 games lol.

Wii

Resident Evil 4
Boom Blox: Bash Party

FU to the leecher who picked up 28 games (multiples of some) and never posts here, not even a thank you to the people who allow him to rape local stores of their best games.

I picked up a few games at the stores he didn't clear out:
(all XBox 360)

Left 4 Dead
LotR: Conquest
Gears of War 1 :(
Tomb Raider Underground
Resident Evil 5
FEAR 2

Thanks to all posters who shared their information and didn't get greedy.

[quote name='The Linguist']At one of the stores I went to the girl working the counter didn't know about the deal, but when I asked about it, she checked the computer and found the info right away. YMMV as far as getting an employee who's willing to look it up.[/QUOTE]
I had 2 employees look it up. Both found nothing. At that point I didn't know what to do, now I have the code written down, I hope I can get someone to take it.

I managed to get

:ps3:Uncharted Drake's Fortune
:ps3:Red Faction Guerilla
:ps3:Midnight Club:LA (for my uncle)

I also had :wii:Animal Crossing marked $19.99 but when the cashier scaned it it rang up to $34.99 . WTF

[quote name='vicks']What did you end up getting?[/QUOTE]

The first store I went to had closed two months ago, sadly.

I decided to go to another one and got this:

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga
Prototype
Left 4 Dead
Halo 3

PS3
Saints Row 2
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Far Cry 2
Prince of Persia

None had original cases, though, but for $5, I can't complain because most had the manuals and original insert art instead of the lame Hollywood Video cover art.

Would have loved to find Gears 2 or Little Big Planet. It's weird. Pickings were VERY slim, even though the stock from the closed store was supposed to have been transferred here, and they had multiple copies in their rental aisle of older current gen games like Heavenly Sword. There were very few titles for sale, and most had only one copy.

Drove to another out of town HWV after Thanksgiving dinner. The clerk at that store told me they had shipped everything out that was over $19.99, so they pretty much only had sports games from 2008 and before.

[quote name='reapersaurus']FU to the leecher who picked up 28 games (multiples of some) and never posts here, not even a thank you to the people who allow him to rape local stores of their best games.

I picked up a few games at the stores he didn't clear out:
(all XBox 360)

Left 4 Dead
LotR: Conquest
Gears of War 1 :(
Tomb Raider Underground
Resident Evil 5
FEAR 2

Thanks to all posters who shared their information and didn't get greedy.[/QUOTE]

You have a pm.

Tis the season. :)

To the people who went/are going later in the day, did they ever get the coupon problem worked out? I feel bad for the people who had to ring up all the games one at a time.

I managed to snag:

PS3:
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future

360:

Resident Evil 5
Oblivion
Street Fighter IV
Godfather II

I'd be willing to trade pretty much any of them, especially Ratchet.

I got (all $4.99):

:pS3:
Ghostbusters
MGS4

Nothing else of note at my store, so I didn't buy as many as I would have liked...

Picked up some some games and then flipped them to GC for an extra 30% trade boost:

360:

GTA IV x2
Street Fighter IV x2

Wii:
Animal Crossing City Folk x2

GCN:

LoZ: Twilight Princess

OMG! I got

PS3
Civ Revolution
RE5
MGS4
Heavenly Sword
Ghostbusters
Fuel
FarCry2
Eternal sonata
Chronicles of Riddick
SFIV

Saints Row 2
Vesperia
Prototype
Eternal Sonata
Civ Rev
Assasin Creed
FNR4
Gears 2
Grid
Far cry 2

wii
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Legend of Zelda
Where the Wild Things Are
Mario Super Slugger
Wario Land Shake It
Warioware Smooth Moves
Ghostbusters

DS
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
FF Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

I'm glad I had $130 on a gift card....was able to go hog wild. I was told by the manager she bought $130 of games before me and 2 other people spent a $100+ before me also. There was still TONS left at Paso, CA store. I got all but 3 games there.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Picked up some some games and then flipped them to GC for an extra 30% trade boost:

360:

GTA IV x2
Street Fighter IV x2

Wii:
Animal Crossing City Folk x2

GCN:

LoZ: Twilight Princess[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Don't the games in HWV come in generic cases and not the original boxes (although manual is included)? If it's missing the original artwork insert with the UPC, does GC still take it?

[quote name='estofan']Hmmm... Don't the games in HWV come in generic cases and not the original boxes (although manual is included)? If it's missing the original artwork insert with the UPC, does GC still take it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, unlike GameStop, Game Crazy doesn't charge a refurbished fee if you don't have the original case and/or manual. GC takes in any PS3/360/Wii game as long as it works.

I did pretty well at the 4 stores I visited today. 75 games total, all but 10 were original cases with manuals.

PS3 -

Bioshock
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters (x2)
Heavenly Sword
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Need For Speed Underground
Pure
Resident Evil 5
Rock Band 2
Street Fighter IV (x2)

Wii -

Big Brain Academy (x2)
Boom Blox Bash Party (x4)
Deadly Creatures
DeadRising Chop Till You Drop
Disney G-Force
Ghostbusters
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (x2)
Mario Tennis NPC
Mario Strikers Charged
Mini Ninjas
Monsters vs Aliens (x2)
Pikmin NPC
Punch-Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Up
Wario Land Shake It (x2)
Wario Ware Smooth Moves (x2)
Wii Music

360 -

50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Bioshock
Chronicles of Riddick
Damnation
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Fuel (x2)
Gears of War 2 (x3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (x3)
Halo 3 (x5)
Midnight Club Los Angeles (x2)
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (x6)
Ninja Gaiden II
Resident Evil 5
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter IV (x3)
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

[quote name='earvcunanan']Yes, unlike GameStop, Game Crazy doesn't charge a refurbished fee if you don't have the original case and/or manual. GC takes in any PS3/360/Wii game as long as it works.[/QUOTE]

Good to know! Thanks!

[quote name='twinton']I did pretty well at the 4 stores I visited today. 75 games total, all but 10 were original cases with manuals.

PS3 -

Bioshock
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters (x2)
Heavenly Sword
Pure
Resident Evil 5
Rock Band 2
Street Fighter IV (x2)

Wii -

Big Brain Academy (x2)
Deadly Creatures
Disney G-Force
Ghostbusters
Mario Tennis NPC
Mario Strikers Charged
Mini Ninjas
Monsters vs Aliens (x2)
Pikmin NPC
Punch-Out
Up
Wario Land Shake It (x2)
Wii Music

360 -

Bioshock
Chronicles of Riddick
Damnation
Fuel (x2)
Gears of War 2 (x3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (x3)
Halo 3 (x5)
Ninja Gaiden II
Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter IV (x3)
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania[/QUOTE]

REALLY ??? Thanks for saving anything for any other people looking to get something !!!!!

to the people getting all the hauls, are your hollywood videos ones that stock a full selection of new release games? The one I went to that shot me down was a $19.99 and under store, and they didnt have many games to begin with.

Also, I called a couple of stores I didnt feel like driving to (yeah I know) and the people said they didnt even stock games...is that possible?

[quote name='Derrick1979']REALLY ??? Thanks for saving anything for any other people looking to get something !!!!![/QUOTE]

Well you know its important to get six copies of Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe in case five of them break.

I went to one store and they had a bunch of games worth getting but the guy said they weren't doing the deal. Maybe because they are closing and starting liquidation next week. The other store that was doing the deal didn't have anything worthwhile that I don't already have. :(

[quote name='Derrick1979']REALLY ??? Thanks for saving anything for any other people looking to get something !!!!![/QUOTE]

You're very welcome! Because, in fact, I did leave a lot of stuff for others, including - multiple copies of Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Ghostbusters, Street Fighter IV, GTA IV, MK vs DC...just to name a few.

If you had a better attitude and lived anywhere near the stores I visited, I would have been happy to share the locations with you. But you live in Wisconsin, and I'm in Washington...so I guess you should just do the leg work yourself and worry about your local stores.

The point of people posting lists of their finds is to alert people what to look for at their local HWVs! What have you contributed to this thread?

I had a great time getting some games I had my eye on for some time:
Pokemon Pearl
Final Fantasy 3
gears 2
zelda twilight princess GC
heavenly sword
uncharted
street fighter 4
prince of persia
midnight club la
afro samurai
mlb front office manager (im a nerd)

[quote name='*Deathblade2']to the people getting all the hauls, are your hollywood videos ones that stock a full selection of new release games? The one I went to that shot me down was a $19.99 and under store, and they didnt have many games to begin with.

Also, I called a couple of stores I didnt feel like driving to (yeah I know) and the people said they didnt even stock games...is that possible?[/QUOTE]

i went to my hollywood first thing this morning. the place was dead. the deal was on, but the pickings were really slim. they didnt get any new shipments so pickings were slim. did manage to get:

pikmin (gamecube)
zelda twilight (wii and gamecube)
gears 2 game of the year edition
halo 3 special edition
rainbow six 2

the guy there told me that new games were included too (very YMMV) since the second plaace i went to said its only used.
virtua fighter 5 (brand new)
viva pinatat tip (brand new)

there were a lot of games listed here that were still 34.99 and up (like sfiv, animal crossings, punch out, ghostbusters,and the newer games)

Tried one store down here (South Florida) this morning--only one in 25 miles of me, and it's not even listed on their Web site, as someone else pointed out.

I found it on Google Maps after checking three other locations that had evidently closed. I sent requests to Google to remove those listings for other people's benefit--sucks driving around and not finding any deals.

I didn't see anything I was interested in, but it's the one in--ironically--Hollywood FL. On Taft Street. Just to let fellow Floridians know we do have one still, for future reference.

They had lots of sports leftovers, SFIV, not much that stood out.

[quote name='Original Post']

*PLEASE NOTE*
These deals will not work in Hollywood Video stores that have a "Gamecrazy" or "Movie Gallery" in them most of the time. 99% of the time, only standalone Hollywood Video stores or those with a "Gamezone" will run the deals. YMMV. Most of the time, Hollywood Video stores either alone, or with a "Gamezone". NOT Gamecrazy or Movie Gallery.[/QUOTE]

Nope.

ProphetJanus, that's the Hollywood Video I hit up. (Taft Street)

Yeah, there wasn't much left... just

Halo 3 (complete)
Dead Space (360)(complete, but case is beat to hell.)
WarioWare Smooth Moves (complete, but case is beat to hell.)

I was there right after opening, so I must admit, the selection sucked. It looks like they are turning it into a $19.99 and less store, which severely is limiting our options in South Florida. I know some HWV's are in Miami, but I don't drive down that south.

The guy who was working at the time said he could see if it worked on New games, so I grabbed The Darkness and DMC4 (New) for $5 each.

Otherwise, you didn't miss out. The place was basically desolate.

[quote name='prophetjanus']Nope.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't see that at first...

The Movie Galleries here were in on most of the
other deals that have went on (XBOX, PS2, GC Games for $3.99)....

[quote name='twinton']You're very welcome! Because, in fact, I did leave a lot of stuff for others, including - multiple copies of Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Ghostbusters, Street Fighter IV, GTA IV, MK vs DC...just to name a few.

If you had a better attitude and lived anywhere near the stores I visited, I would have been happy to share the locations with you. But you live in Wisconsin, and I'm in Washington...so I guess you should just do the leg work yourself and worry about your local stores.

The point of people posting lists of their finds is to alert people what to look for at their local HWVs! What have you contributed to this thread?[/QUOTE]

So saying you got 75 games which included 3-5 of the same copies of certain titles and your quote under your user name says "Flipping Addict"... hmmm what have you contributed to this thread or site other then tarnishing it further????

[quote name='twinton']I did pretty well at the 4 stores I visited today. 75 games total, all but 10 were original cases with manuals.

PS3 -

Bioshock
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters (x2)
Heavenly Sword
Pure
Resident Evil 5
Rock Band 2
Street Fighter IV (x2)

Wii -

Big Brain Academy (x2)
Deadly Creatures
Disney G-Force
Ghostbusters
Mario Tennis NPC
Mario Strikers Charged
Mini Ninjas
Monsters vs Aliens (x2)
Pikmin NPC
Punch-Out
Up
Wario Land Shake It (x2)
Wii Music

360 -

Bioshock
Chronicles of Riddick
Damnation
Fuel (x2)
Gears of War 2 (x3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (x3)
Halo 3 (x5)
Ninja Gaiden II
Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter IV (x3)
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania[/QUOTE]

You're going to need a lot of spare time on your hands to finish all those games you got for yourself.

*rolls eyes*

[quote name='sTaTIx']You're going to need a lot of spare time on your hands to finish all those games you got for yourself.

*rolls eyes*[/QUOTE]
The best part is the 6 copies of Mortal Kombat, 5 of Halo 3, and Bioshock for both PS3 And 360.

oh and like 3 copies of Ghostbusters for all systems.

I'm going to go ahead right now, break the rules, and beg everyone or anyone that can find me a copy of Heavenly Sword for $5 complete.

Please, the only two HVs in my area closed a week and a half ago and I'm positive this is something my brother wants.

Any help would be great.

bread's done
Back