Official LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS Thread !

Head over to gametrailers for a Zelda retrospective. There are 4 parts so far and they are fun to watch. Possible spoilers if you haven't played all the Zelda games though. As if you really needed anything else to get you pumped for Twilight Princess.

http://www.gametrailers.com/

[quote name='jkam']Head over to gametrailers for a Zelda retrospective. There are 4 parts so far and they are fun to watch. Possible spoilers if you haven't played all the Zelda games though. As if you really needed anything else to get you pumped for Twilight Princess.

http://www.gametrailers.com/[/QUOTE]

I've been watching these and using these as a tutorial for my gf who hasn't experience Zelda (poor girl).

If I don't plan on playing any of the older Zelda games, except maybe OOT, and MAYBE MM if I have time, would this give me better insight into the story or what? Or would it spoil OOT for me (I already know sheik is Zelda and ... ya thats all I know about OOT, am I missing any big plot thing on this game?)

I am dying to play this game. I had been wavering on getting a Wii but all this Zelda info has me really excited. I loved OoT and watchign the intro to the new one made me really nostalgic.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']I am dying to play this game. I had been wavering on getting a Wii but all this Zelda info has me really excited. I loved OoT and watchign the intro to the new one made me really nostalgic.[/QUOTE]

Most previews seem to agree that it's awesome on Wii, too. Embrace the New Generation!

[quote name='lordwow']Kotaku essentially called the game lackluster. I wasn't too impressed with their hands-on.[/QUOTE]
Kotaku seems to be the most negative out of the 30 or so journalists who attended the event. I know because I've read at least 15 or so different sites and there previews.

In all I have to say if Kotaku is the most negative and even they say its better, though marginally, then thats pretty telling.

From reading all the sites they all seemed to have talked about there experiences together and I strongly get the impression that Kotaku was just trying to be the dissenting voice in a sea of praise.

That being said have you guys read some of the previews. All of them pretty much say the controller is fantasic, especially the bow and slingshot, the remote couldn't possibly get your arm tired unless you're a crazy person with it. The graphics for the twilight realm look really good. And about 5 different sites said this game made them think that maybe art direction and attention to detail could make this game easily compete graphically with games like gears of war. I'm not so sure about that last part but... It does look fantastic. I'll have to get it on my HD widescreen to see for myself. I couldn't be more hyped for this game if I tried.

I'm mainly a PC gamer. So I'm more then used to fantastic graphics.in ultra high resolution.

[quote name='j.elles']I strongly get the impression that Kotaku was just trying to be the dissenting voice in a sea of praise.[/QUOTE]

I got the same feeling.

This WILL be the best Zelda game ever... no doubt about it. I mean 60 hours! The best graphics (Even though I loved Wind Wakers, that style isn't good for the Zelda series forever in my opinion)... and the wolf thing is sweet, story looks awesome, and ya riding the horse and shooting reminds me of shadow of the colossus except better cause you actually get to shoot stuff... and yep it'll be the best.

kinda not psyched about the length. I'll probably never finish the game. I'd much rather it be a strong 20-25 hours.

Trust me if its as good a game as it probably will be you'll have to stop yourself from playing it. I speak from experience as I have been a gamer for a while.

The mark of a 10 out of 10 game is that you have to literally tear yourself away from it sometimes.

I've started playing games sometimes, very rarely, with the intention of playing for half an hour to maybe hour and ended up playing 4 and a half and cursing myself for not studying, missing work sometimes...

[quote name='j.elles']Trust me if its as good a game as it probably will be you'll have to stop yourself from playing it. I speak from experience as I have been a gamer for a while.

The mark of a 10 out of 10 game is that you have to literally tear yourself away from it sometimes.

I've started playing games sometimes, very rarely, with the intention of playing for half an hour to maybe hour and ended up playing 4 and a half and cursing myself for not studying, missing work sometimes...[/QUOTE]

er....that's not quite how I work. an example is Okami. it's the best game I've played in years, but I probably won't beat it till some time next year.

Ya for me the same, if I realllly enjoy a game, I'll play it so much till I beat it... I haven't had one of those for awhile now though, maybe a year. I'm so excited about this right now

That means to me you don't like the game as much as you think. I can count on one hand how many games were that level of addicting for me. And I've been gaming since I was 4 years old all the way back to the mid 80's.

My playtimes are generally one maybe two day a week and half an hour to an hour each day only. I have games I really like that I've had for years and years.

Trust me when I say it's not that thats not how you work. It's just that you haven't found those one or two diamonds.

[quote name='j.elles']That means to me you don't like the game as much as you think. I can count on one hand how many games were that level of addicting for me. And I've been gaming since I was 4 years old all the way back to the mid 80's.

My playtimes are generally one maybe two day a week and half an hour to an hour each day only. I have games I really like that I've had for years and years.

Trust me when I say it's not that thats not how you work. It's just that you haven't found those one or two diamonds.[/QUOTE]

sure bud. ...?

I've said it before I'll say it again. The Cube version should be cancelled.

By the way. I'm just saying I've played a lot of games and theres only like 3 that I consider great and were addicting enough that I could play through them a couple times as well as play it for hours and hours on end.

I'm not sure whether I want the GC version or not...the way they had to move the wiimote to get link to use the sword seemed pretty annoying...

I've read pretty much every site that went to the event and none of them said it was annoying. Most of them said it was better and they can't go back to pressing a button, and a couple said it was the same and they didn't care either way.

I think you should try rent it or play it at a friends house to get a feel for it if you're on the fence. Either that or wait for reviews.

Very possible. Plus it will get more people to buy both. I'm glad I'm planning on just the Wii version though. I don't think my wallet could take that much punishment.

It might just be the Wii in general but... it's very possible that he was talking about Zelda though. Like a WiiConnect24 download that seperates the Fishing game so that you don’t have to play the main game. Or a seperate feature that enables a Four sword game. It’s a good idea and very possible.

I don’t want to get my hopes up to high either but… the more I think about it the harder it gets. Nintendo could do a lot of fantastic things with WiiConnect 24 and I hope they use it to its fullest potential.

[quote name='2Fast']I still would rather have the GCN version :/[/quote] You have seen this right?
Twilight Princess may have started as a GameCube title, but it finished a Wii one. There remains this faction of gamers that refuses to accept the possibility. You know who you are. You continue to argue that because the controls were originally designed for the GameCube pad there is no hope for the Wii build. You say that your arms will get tired using the Wii remote. You speak of mirrored worlds and right-handed Link. And you know what? It's all crap. If you have the means to buy Twilight Princess for Wii and you still get it for GameCube, you are a fool.

[quote name='Kaijufan']You have seen this right?[/quote]

Interesting. I'm not worried about right-handed Link, that it was originally designed for the GCN, or my arm getting tired; I just want to see if it actually works well with the game. I've been reading up about it since I posted what I posted and by all accounts it should be fine. I'll probably preorder the Wii version when I go to pick-up Gears of War.

Most people are right handed. This makes him right handed. I'm left handed so I have no idea what there talking about.

Reading that review...if its true that all 30 preferred the Wiimote... I don't see why wouldn't prefer it the same. Either way...I'm still gunna rent the console first before I buy it =P

Seeing so many people say it lives up to the hype... I don't know. These journalists tend to be jaded so it's not hard to believe them. Then theres the fact that nearly every site said that. Thats bad. It makes me even more hyped for Zelda TP. We'll see if its a worthy successor to the often heralded greatest game of all time soon enough though won't we.

The only thing I don't want spoiled is the end. Or things near the end of the game. Plot twists as well. Seeing Dungeans, monsters, items, charecters, and learning the backrounds of some of the charecters I see as adding to the experience once I play it.

I'll be pissed to though. But I dont think that will happen till the games released. That and I don't think it will happen quickly. This game is supposed to be long. The dungean count isn't even confirmed. Nine is just a guess. Some sites said it might be 10 and that Nintendo was being really dodgy with the question when asked.

Ya I dont care about charcaters...just story stuff since I basically know who the characters are.

Ok, I lied, I'm back. ;)

I'm thinking about picking up the offical guide with the game. Amazon has it for $10 and change. I know Nintendo's guides tend me be beautiful filled with artwork and other neat things. Is there any word on what's all going into the guide out there? I'm heard nothing about it. Also, 192 pages, that a decent length for a guide, long, short? I've never gotten a guide with a game, ever, but the help it would avail me to plow through this game with my limited amount of time available to gaming coupled with a nice design/layout/unique content makes me kinda want it.

I don't know why people ever buy guides... waste of money to me cause you usually don't actually need them to make it through a game, and otherwise you can just look on gamefaqs lol

[quote name='daroga']Ok, I lied, I'm back. ;)

I'm thinking about picking up the offical guide with the game. Amazon has it for $10 and change. I know Nintendo's guides tend me be beautiful filled with artwork and other neat things. Is there any word on what's all going into the guide out there? I'm heard nothing about it. Also, 192 pages, that a decent length for a guide, long, short? I've never gotten a guide with a game, ever, but the help it would avail me to plow through this game with my limited amount of time available to gaming coupled with a nice design/layout/unique content makes me kinda want it.[/quote]Decided to get the guide myself. The only question would be if it's available at launch, since you get 20% off with purchase of the game at EB/GS, making it $12 or somethin. In EB credit that's a good deal.

Though even if it isn't available to buy with the game, I'm sure I can go back and get it at the discounted rate.

I guess something could be said about previews in general. When's the last time a game getting like a 4.0 review hasn't had some stunning preview about it beforehand. Does anyone ever preview a game and say "No... it sucks." I'm not as skeptical about Zelda because Zelda always impresses me, but still.

[quote name='Spades22']I don't know why people ever buy guides... waste of money to me cause you usually don't actually need them to make it through a game, and otherwise you can just look on gamefaqs lol[/quote]
I totally agree. However, this game is an event, and I don't want to wait for some guy to write a FAQ when I get stuck on my second day of playing (which, I assure you, will happen. ;) ).

[quote name='lordwow']I guess something could be said about previews in general. When's the last time a game getting like a 4.0 review hasn't had some stunning preview about it beforehand. Does anyone ever preview a game and say "No... it sucks." I'm not as skeptical about Zelda because Zelda always impresses me, but still.[/quote]1 out of every 10 previews lacks a glowing endorsement, but you can usually read between the lines on those. They may nitpick about stuff, but the real reason previews aren't so cutting is because things can theoretically get changed before the game goes retail. Which is usually why they gloss over negatives until the game actually hits the shelves (or their mailbox).

But yeah, in general, a good preview can result in anything from a 6 to a 10 when the review comes along.

Also interested in a guide. Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker (misprint aside) were very helpful, moreso than an FAQ due to maps and such.

Keep in mind the only guides I've ever owned were for Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy VII and VIII, Super Mario 64, Pokemon Yellow and Crystal, and the two previously mentioned Zelda games, so I'm certainly no guide whore.

With Artwork and some great maps guides can be great. Especially if they tell you with those maps and such where every secret thing you could miss is.

Very rarely are they great though. A lot down right suck and don't even cover the entire game and everything you can do. Zelda usually has dcent guides though.

I wouldn't be surprised if you needed the guide with how difficult it might be but still... I don't think that will be an issue with me at least. I've played and beaten every Zelda game except for Zelda 2 Adventure of Link.

I hope it is very challenging. I love fighting in Zelda and would like to see that become more difficult.

All I know is that the mapping materials that came with Nintendo Power back in the days of the original Zelda were a gift from the Gods.

I have a bunch of copies of those, along with all the icons they gave you sheets of, to paste in the grid the location of every secret you could find.

[quote name='botticus']All I know is that the mapping materials that came with Nintendo Power back in the days of the original Zelda were a gift from the Gods.

I have a bunch of copies of those, along with all the icons they gave you sheets of, to paste in the grid the location of every secret you could find.[/quote]

Are you talking about the NES Atlas? I had that thing back in the day and used the maps on Zelda II. That book was the shizz

I'm getting the TP guide but only because I didn't know what other free swag to get with my Nintendo Power subscription. I probably won't use it but it will look nice on my shelf. I know Nintendo Power is pretty much worthless but something about it makes me want to subscribe to it. I think its the once in like every 6 issues where they give a little more info than other magazines on some new games coming out. Maybe Nintendo has brainwashed me? Either way Zelda Twilight can't come fast enough!

bread's done
Back