Official LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS Thread !

[quote name='Z-Saber']Hey, I was quoting (with the period only) because that's the exact reason I get them.[/quote]

Oh, woops.:cry:

[quote name='Tybee']And these people have actually experienced the Wii controls when, exactly?

:roll:

The situation you describe is a case of preference based on experience. What we have here is simple ignorance. These people are dismissing something out of hand with zero evidence on which to base that decision (and, when you get down to it, a lot of evidence to the contrary).[/quote]Well, to be fair, one could look at how Wind Waker controlled and assume that the GC controls would be as good if not better than that. Yet, without actual side-by-side comparisons, as you said, it's unreasonable to say one is better than the other, especailly when none of us have played final builds of either version.

In the end I think it'll all come down to personal preference. The Wiimote and the Cube controller will both do what they do very well. I dare say those who invest int he Wii will like that better, and those who wait for the GC version will like that better. ;)

Oh yes. And debate won't happen. People won't buy both versions and spark crazy debates.

In the end we don't even know much about the game in its final form. The Wii could have items, side quest dungeans, etc... exclusive. Who knows. This is going to be a huge game.

Nintendo is scary tight lipped. We won't know of some things until the week of release or maybe the day of. There is presidence for this. There was the store in Zelda on the Game Boy Color that could only be accessed on the Advance.

In the end even if the controls are about the same and the framerate exlusive content availible only for Wii.... expect people to belittle the cube version often and relentlessly.

It might not happen... but it probably will. Ask yourself why woudn't Nintendo add exclusive content to the Wii version to ensure that some people will buy both and shut up the people who say they'll just buy the cube version and take the steam out of the Wii hype train.

Let us not forget about the Zelda downloadable content statement! That could make the Wii version more worthwhile in the long run as well.

Hey thats a cool and true point...maybe we could get like uhh multiplayer Zelda... 32 player fights kinda like an FPS across the land lol

[quote name='j.elles']In the end if the controls are the same and the framerate, and exlusive content is availible for Wii.... expect people to belittle the cube version often and relentlessly.[/QUOTE]

So far, I've found the opposite to be true. There seems to be a larger (or at least more vocal) group of people villifying the Wii version of the game. I've seen little to no ragging on the GCN version (unless by that same group of people throwing out conspiracy theories that the GCN will be crippled or deliberately sabotaged for no other reason than so Nintendo can sell more Wiis).

Some of this paranoia stems from fear of the new controls. Some from a sense of betrayal in that "this was supposed to be on the GameCube" and "We waited (2, 5, 15) years for this and now Nintendo has pulled a bait and switch!" and so on. It's sad, really.

[quote name='Spades22']Hey thats a cool and true point...maybe we could get like uhh multiplayer Zelda... 32 player fights kinda like an FPS across the land lol[/QUOTE]

Link's Row, where you can name your wolf pack and tear up villages.

BIG ASS COLLARS!!!

I meant after both versions are out people will belittle the cube version. After all with Nintendo we probably won't know everything about the game until it's out. And we probably won't know whats not in the cube version until thats out 3 weeks later. In the end expect to be spoiled if you are getting the cube version. It's ENEVITABLE. That should be enough reason really for anyone to get the Wii version.

You know...I'd kinda like them to cancel either the GC or Wii version to make my decision easier lol. (Well we know it wont be the Wii version cancelled, so I guess that means cancel the GC ... XD)

I agree. Cancelling the Gamecube Zelda would make sense. I think it will have an extremly limited run though. I just got a feeling.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm getting the Cube version... I'm saving a good $250 this way, since the only difference is widescreen and the controls. I can live with that, since the content is still the same.[/quote]And the entire game is reversed. Not that it matters, but whatever guide/FAQ you read better be for the right version.

I just ordered 1-year subscription with Zelda:TP guide and i'm getting the soundtrack, I really hope it's in a nice case with a booklet with artwork and name of the songs and things like that.

I hope the guide is well designed, good walkthrough, and artwork on it though I won't really use the guide till I am done beating it on my own since that'll be more fun that way.

I have been staying away from zelda sites and forums because i'm trying to not spoil myself i've only seen the first trailer or teaser not sure what's it called.

Oh and they'll know the controls for each cause they'll rent it cause its assuming they have both systems of course...

I need this game now.

Also, if you have the game preordered at GS, bring a copy of that bestbuy ad that offers a copy of the Strat guide for free when you buy it. They should match that deal (as long as they have the ad).

Reality's Fringe;2346436 said:
I need this game now.

Also, if you have the game preordered at GS, bring a copy of that bestbuy ad that offers a copy of the Strat guide for free when you buy it. They should match that deal (as long as they have the ad).
Unfortunately I think that free guide is with purchase of Zelda AND ExciteTruck. But if you are getting both of those, might as well give it a shot.

But I double-checked my Nintendo Power renewal, and my free guide + soundtrack is good to go.

[quote name='j.elles']It's ENEVITABLE.[/quote]

It's what?

Crap. I do want Excite Truck, and I've got Zelda preordered and paid for at EB (plus $8 credit I could use) so I could probably get the guide there. But I *really* want that soundtrack. Guess I'll just extend my subscription.

How is Nintendo Power these days? It used to be the hot fire, but then it turned into cold shit. I hear it's getting a bit better?
Also, hooray for the "darker" kind of tone. Watching some of the gameplay vids makes me think the atmosphere is much more "adult oriented", I guess you can say. Not to say I didn't fucking love Windwaker, but this will be an interesting changeup.

Reality's Fringe;2346542]How is Nintendo Power these days? It used to be the hot fire said:
I don't find it bad at all (relative to EGM and Game Informer, which are the other subs I get), but I hesitate to say that as usually any time I comment positively about NP around here, I get treated to a new asshole.

If nothing else, the review scores are fairly realistic.

I think on the ign review of zelda wii, he said that they never made fishing on the gamecube version, that that was concent on the wii. IS this true. Does this mean the gc version wont have fishing?

[quote name='botticus']I don't find it bad at all (relative to EGM and Game Informer, which are the other subs I get), but I hesitate to say that as usually any time I comment positively about NP around here, I get treated to a new asshole.

If nothing else, the review scores are fairly realistic.[/quote]

I'll back you up on that. NP used to be a thinly-veiled mouthpiece for Nintendo. But more recently they've done a decent job of fostering some impartiality. It's weird to see review scores from them actually coming in below the rest of the field, but it happens. Given the day and age, they don't really break much news, as they're not going to beat the online sources. But they do a nice job of summarizing all of the Nintendo-related news (and there are usually at least a couple things I've missed) and it's a great source of quality screenshots, There are some nice features profiling some of the creative folks working on TP and Smash Bros. and the like. I also like their RPG section.

I'll third the props to NP. Obviously, they've got a narrow focus, but they no longer give like perfect 10s to every last game that Nintendo publishes or makes. I had 3 free issues and thought it was decent.

I actually do wanna order Nintendo Power again.. where is the Zelda guide at?? It's giving me a bunch of guides, just not that :(

EDIT: You gotta click on "SHOW ME EVERYTHING" lol.. I just don't like how they are shipping them on launch (ok it makes sense...) but will take 4-6 weeks!! in 4-6 weeks, I may be halfway done the damn guide. Grr

EDIT #2: Oh LOLZ @ me!1!1 "Your free item will arrive within 2-3 weeks from the time your order is processed.". The first issue is what takes 4-6 weeks. Ok, I guess waiting until the first-second week in December shouldn't be too bad then. I'm sure I'd need the guide later on in the game.. :)

Inevitable is what I meant. I fail. I need to pay more attention to what I type and not assume that it was what I meant to type.

I need this game now.

As has been stated, the BB deal is for the free guide if you purchase TP and Excite Truck, but, since when does GS deal-match?

how much better is the Wii version supposed to be in terms of graphics?

will the wiimote add that much to the game?

come on, objective non-crazed consumers, inform me :D

[quote name='daroga']I'll third the props to NP. Obviously, they've got a narrow focus, but they no longer give like perfect 10s to every last game that Nintendo publishes or makes. I had 3 free issues and thought it was decent.[/quote]

I'll go ahead and toss support my way too. I have not taken advantage of the Zelda deal (as I expected to) simply because my Wii budget has been unexpectedly slashed a bit, and I need that $20...but I did buy the current NP today to get a feel for the mag after having not read it in several years. It's good...good articles, nice amount of screenshots, fair reviews, the Pulse section is still good. I plan to subscribe ASAP.

I will say this, though: these days, the magazine has a more traditional page layout, more uniform, like you see in every mag. I miss the old days when each feature pretty much had its own unique layout based on that game...i.e., a four page feature about a Mario game with each page having a full-page Mario-themed background, heavy on artwork, Mario colors, etc.

[quote name='guessed']As has been stated, the BB deal is for the free guide if you purchase TP and Excite Truck, but, since when does GS deal-match?[/QUOTE]

They've always matched stuff like that as long as I had the print ad. Maybe it's just my storE? Either way, I'm still going to try it.

"See, it says with the purchase of Zelda...and ignore that other part."

[quote name='Sleepkyng']how much better is the Wii version supposed to be in terms of graphics?

will the wiimote add that much to the game?

come on, objective non-crazed consumers, inform me :D[/quote]

-It has widescreen support and may have additional bloom lighting effects.
-From the reviews so far, yes. Yes it does. That extra bit of immersion seems to just make things better. It was reading previews of Call of Duty 3 where they had trouble deciding on the xbox360/PS3 versions or the Wii version because it was more fun to play on Wii, but the graphics kicked ass on the other two.

-will do

[quote name='SpottedNigel']From the reviews so far, yes. Yes it does. That extra bit of immersion seems to just make things better. It was reading previews of Call of Duty 3 where they had trouble deciding on the xbox360/PS3 versions or the Wii version because it was more fun to play on Wii, but the graphics kicked ass on the other two.[/QUOTE]

Do you have links to this? It would be perfect to rub in my friend's face.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Wow, that was pretty awful.

The game falls flat because you can't completely accurately see a bobber and read signs?

Yeeeeeeeeek...[/quote]I'm hoping their next criticism is that the designers had to take out the ability for Link to sweat after extensive sword-fighting due to limited hardware.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but PT 5 of the Legend of Zelda Retrospective series is up at Gametrailers.com. If you haven't watched all the other parts, they're pretty sweet and will make the wait for TP even harder
[Media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul_WE386hD4[/Media]

[quote name='Foolman']Joystiq is getting kinda sad.
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/11/nintendos-new-zelda-falls-flat/
"Hay guyz, how i reed sine?"[/QUOTE]
I thought it was a joke at first, but....

This is Vlad Cole here, this is the same douchebag that said people will buy the PS3 because it's subsidized, thus making the Wii too expensive because nintendo is making money on it. So either his sarcasm ability is so good it's just miles beyond the understanding of a normal person, or he really believes all of this shit.

He goes to Wharton, man. Don't rumble with him!

[quote name='Foolman']Joystiq is getting kinda sad.
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/11/nintendos-new-zelda-falls-flat/
"Hay guyz, how i reed sine?"[/quote]
Just a quick question for the more Zelda-knowledgeable.

If you *could* "read" the signs, wouldn't they all be in a Hyrulian script anyway, so not English, so it doesn't matter at all. It's either be able to see gibberish and have Link translate, or see blurry gibberish and have Link tell you what it says.

Wow. What a detriment. Dork. ;)

[quote name='daroga']Just a quick question for the more Zelda-knowledgeable.

If you *could* "read" the signs, wouldn't they all be in a Hyrulian script anyway, so not English, so it doesn't matter at all. It's either be able to see gibberish and have Link translate, or see blurry gibberish and have Link tell you what it says.

Wow. What a detriment. Dork. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's exactly right.

Signs? Signs?! Is that all he can write about? How the signs are illegible?

"The graphics are bad, they don't immerse the player in the experience. Just look at the illegible signs for proof"

That aisde I'm going to be using composite cables as I don't even own a TV capable of 480P. (well my brother and my father do but not me) Will I still notice a difference between Wii and GCn version?

It's a big one.

IMG_1330.jpg

bread's done
Back