Official LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS Thread !

[quote name='daroga']This game taunts me from my shelf and beckons, "Replay! Replay!"[/quote]

lol, same. But I can't and won't give in!!!! :hot:

A little refresher course, please, on fighting those Twilight creatures (?): Is there an easy way to beat them down/round them up? I'm on the ones that are in the Zora Ice cave. I beat down the solitary one, but the other two I can't get close enough in the "warp circle" to get them.

[quote name='daroga']This game taunts me from my shelf and beckons, "Replay! Replay!"[/quote]
Ugh, I liked Twilight Princess and everything but I don't think I could replay it. I really don't ever replay games, but still. :lol:

A Link to the Past on the other hand...

[quote name='SteveMcQ']A little refresher course, please, on fighting those Twilight creatures (?): Is there an easy way to beat them down/round them up? I'm on the ones that are in the Zora Ice cave. I beat down the solitary one, but the other two I can't get close enough in the "warp circle" to get them.[/quote]As long as you're charging up the circle before they get there, that's about all you can do. Once I took out the easy one, I'd usually go provoke one of the other two and have it chase me towards the last. Usually that worked reasonably well.

I'd replay the game if there was a reason to (unlockables, secrets, second quest, etc...). I know there are a few side quest type things you can do that people who have to get a "100%" clear will go after but the reward for doing them is minimal. I completed the Cave of Ordeals and gathered all of the bugs but haven't gone for the Poes. I also haven't done the fishing minigame or played the other games to get all of the heart pieces.

I feel so guilty for not playing this game. It's really the reason I bought a Wii in the first place, and I just can't get into it.

I just got my tunic and I'm sure a temple will be up very soon, but I can't motivate myself to play it.

I started over because I can't rememer anything from 6 months ago when I quit to play Gears (I was in the snow temple). I'm in between the second and third dungeons now and damn there's a lot to do. I'm like 11 hours in.

I just started playing again today. Last save: 3/17. :shock: I was near the end and I really want to finish it, so today's the day.

Finally got back to it a week or two ago. I'm on the last two dungeons, but I'm scoping the world for heart pieces, bugs, Poes, etc., first. Kinda sucks though since (if anyone remembers) I had to download a save relatively close to where my game glitched due to the dreaded cannon save bug. This guy definitely missed a lot of hearts that I found, especially in the dungeons.

[quote name='moiety']I just started playing again today. Last save: 3/17. :shock: I was near the end and I really want to finish it, so today's the day.[/quote]

I enjoyed the ending. Hopefully you will too. Oh, and a fun tip for the final battle with you-know-who that isn't necessary to win, but is amusing nonetheless:

Try cracking out your fishing pole and see what happens.

I too just returned to this today. My last save was 1/20. I went ahead and played for about 2 hours and beat the Desert Temple. That was actually a really cool boss battle.

[quote name='Tybee']I enjoyed the ending. Hopefully you will too. Oh, and a fun tip for the final battle with you-know-who that isn't necessary to win, but is amusing nonetheless:

Try cracking out your fishing pole and see what happens.
[/quote]
Finished it on Sunday, only had a couple hours left in the game. I did enjoy the ending! Great game overall. I enjoyed it the whole way through, even if I did take a rather long hiatus...
Heh, I saw that mentioned somewhere afterwards, I might go back and play the final battle again just to try it...

Tell me what happens when
you take out the fishing pole during the final battle
. My son and I are busy playing other stuff (like MP8 and Pokemon), but if it's cool or funny I might tell him to pop Zelda back in. Thanks.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Tell me what happens when
you take out the fishing pole during the final battle
. My son and I are busy playing other stuff (like MP8 and Pokemon), but if it's cool or funny I might tell him to pop Zelda back in. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ganondorf is mesmerized by the fact that you took out a fishing pole and just stands there while you take out your sword to attack him. IE: Instant Win for Link. More of a cheat then anything else. I am surprised it took so long for people to find the trick out. I am used to the intertubes finding all secrets within the first week of the game's release date.

I stalled again... I started over last week and played through the weekend but I haven't picked it up in a couple of days. I finished the third dungeon and I'm on my way to
Hyrule Castle
. I really really want to keep playing but it's not the typ of game that you can pick up for a 1/2 hour and quit... I will continue the fight tonight!

I got the Twilight Princess toys in the mail the other day. I highly recommend that anyone who likes this game pick them up, I only paid around $15 (though it was kind of expensive to ship them from Hong Kong) for the set on Ebay. You can see my Xbox next to them quite clearly in the first picture, to get a size of the scale of the toys.

[quote name='hbkhbk']I can't believe there's no voice over in a next-gen game...[/quote]

It's a Zelda franchise thing more than a technical limitation or budget thing. I can only imagine the fanboy paroxysms of rage and disillusionment if Nintendo gave Link and Zelda actual voices. But maybe for the next one they could do something like Corruption, where at least all of the NPCs have voices.

Yeah, I started playing this again as well since my 360 red ringed on me. My last save was from 4/9 I think. Got to the part where I'm looking for 3 reflective pieces and am in the snow .... had no idea where I was to go so I had to turn to a guide. Anyway, Metroid has taken my attention, but the long span between saves has made it tough to enter into my "pick up and play for 15 minutes" needs so I may migrate back over to Zelda (the save system is my bitch for Super Paper Mario as well).

is there a whole zelda series thread
like I would like to know which handheld is everybody's favorite I just beat minish cap about to start link's awakening dx

is there a zelda series thread, I would like to know which handheld is everybody's favorite because I just got done playing minish cap about to start link's awakening dx

[quote name='scuba t']is there a zelda series thread, I would like to know which handheld is everybody's favorite because I just got done playing minish cap about to start link's awakening dx[/quote]

I'll handheld your mother! DS thread! Now get!

I've been itching to replay this since I finished it last December, and I just restarted it a day or two ago. Just beat the forest temple. I forgot how slowly the intro to the game goes, but it's ramping up now.

The combat seemed all wonky to me at first, but I kinda forgot how big of an impact all the techniques that you gather change the way you fight. Such a good game.

[quote name='daroga']I've been itching to replay this since I finished it last December, and I just restarted it a day or two ago. Just beat the forest temple. I forgot how slowly the intro to the game goes, but it's ramping up now.

The combat seemed all wonky to me at first, but I kinda forgot how big of an impact all the techniques that you gather change the way you fight. Such a good game.[/quote]

I to will be re-visiting twilight princess. but problem is, there is so many games to play this holiday season. where do you get the time daroga?!?!

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']I to will be re-visiting twilight princess. but problem is, there is so many games to play this holiday season. where do you get the time daroga?!?![/quote]I'm not completely convinced I'll get it done before Christmas (or therefore, any time soon), but I kinda wanted to at least partially dive back into it. I used to hardly ever replay games so this is a new thing for me, just enjoying the games I own rather than always buying new things *looks a pile of stuff bought in the last 2 months and then looks away*

;)

[quote name='daroga']I've been itching to replay this since I finished it last December, and I just restarted it a day or two ago. Just beat the forest temple. I forgot how slowly the intro to the game goes, but it's ramping up now.

The combat seemed all wonky to me at first, but I kinda forgot how big of an impact all the techniques that you gather change the way you fight. Such a good game.[/quote]Wow...I picked this up last year and I still haven't gone through it. I think I'm only at the part where you meet Gorons.

[quote name='daroga']I'm not completely convinced I'll get it done before Christmas (or therefore, any time soon), but I kinda wanted to at least partially dive back into it. I used to hardly ever replay games so this is a new thing for me, just enjoying the games I own rather than always buying new things *looks a pile of stuff bought in the last 2 months and then looks away*

;)[/quote]

i'm struggling to finish a few games. I found smash bros melee for 20 euro ( which is like super-cheap over here) and couldnt resist. what am I doing on CAG? I have games to play! also, pile a link to the past, paper mario and wind waker into the mix with the 6 or so wii games, and you have one very busy mega_n00bzer. And one with no money either..

bread's done
Back