Official LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS Thread !

Digression...

Hey Snake, your pic reminds me of the NES Metal Gear i got in the basement :) that was my favorite game of all times in High School. I even remember the bug i discovered in the game. Remember the pits? If you step into a pit, you die instantly? Well, at one point, i was pretty pissed with the layout of the pits and i kept dying... Well, to my surprise, if you pause the game when the pit reveals itself, after unpause, the pit will not kill you as long as you walk straight, prety neat huh!

[quote name='soonersfan60']Where to fish...
You have to be beside the sign. I don't recal all of the specifics, but it is mentioned earlier in the thread.
[/QUOTE]

Is this in response to my question? Meaning I have to fish in that little portion of the water?

Yes.
There is a pier with a sign on it. We were standing to the left of the sign and caught the bottle and bag of rupees by accident. This is after we had lots of problems catching the first fish, so it really is pretty easy.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Yes.[/quote]

Thanks for the answer and to double check you are saying
that in order to catch the Sinking Lure I need to fish to the left of the sign by the pier/bridge?

no
We didn't catch any "sinking lure." The bobber/lure you have on the pole when you get it from the kid is enough for this part. What you should catch is another empty bottle and a bag of rupees.

[quote name='soonersfan60']no
We didn't catch any "sinking lure." The bobber/lure you have on the pole when you get it from the kid is enough for this part. What you should catch is another empty bottle and a bag of rupees.
[/QUOTE]

Gotcha I am later on looking for the
sinking lure
thanks though.

I just started this game yesterday!
Being a wolf blows ass. How much longer will this last? I'm collecting little blue bugs right now for one of the light spirits. I want to be Link again.

That happens for every area (so far from what I've seen). It brings everything back to "normal" and then you can go about your normal routines.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']That happens for every area (so far from what I've seen). It brings everything back to "normal" and then you can go about your normal routines.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's stupid.

[quote name='munch']Really? That's stupid.[/quote]It takes a little getting use to, but you'll came to really like Wolf Link I daresay. It's certainly an interesting story mechanic if nothing else.

[quote name='daroga']It takes a little getting use to, but you'll came to really like Wolf Link I daresay. It's certainly an interesting story mechanic if nothing else.[/quote]I agree, i personally liked being a wolf except for the fact that you can't block :cry:

i dont mind the wolf its just most of the settings resemble a darkplace. At least you can move faster without a whip meter.

It gets better later in the game
when you earn the ability to change back and forth between the wolf and human Link whenever you want (right in the middle of anything or anywhere)

[quote name='soonersfan60']
It gets better later in the game when you earn the ability to change back and forth between the wolf and human Link whenever you want (right in the middle of anything or anywhere).
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for not putting that in the spolier tag. I really like to find out what's going to happen in the game before I find out for myself.

I was just about to ask about the wolf thing. But yeah, spoiler those things next time please.

Picked the game up again after a 4 month break. The controls seemed a little...off.

[quote name='munch']Thanks for not putting that in the spolier tag. I really like to find out what's going to happen in the game before I find out for myself.[/quote]

Sorry about that. It was actually mentioned earlier in the thread, and I just was trying to save you the trouble of paging through everything. (I didn't say where or when or how it happened, but I will use spoiler tags next time.)

Color me disappointed so far
So, I'm at the Goron mines dungeon. I'm cool with the controls and everything. And Jesus, that horseback battle was the shit! But I feel like I'm playing Ocarina of Time part 2. I feel no sense of connection to the story because I've done it before. Hopefully this will change. i still really like the game, I just think this is getting kind of stale.

Well here's my opinion, but the whole thing might have to be spoiler tagged, I dunno. Read at your own risk.
Anyone else all the other races villages seem to gotten mimimal attentionand treatment? They don't really seem like towns or villages or whatever. There was just the leader's room, and thats it. And there's nothing even to do at those places. Even the whole twilight zone place. The whole place was just the dungeon, and you couldn't even talk to the people. How disappointing

I was going to write something agreeing with the both of you, but then I read the April Fools Previews section of Game Informer (first time I've ever received it, since I had to renew my Edge card last month). I don't think it deserves spoilers:

The Legend of Zelda: Trousers of Redemption

RETREADING NEW GROUND

[first paragraph kinda boring]

WARNING: The following paragraph contains major spoilers! Link will start the game with a weak, wooden sword. However, after several hours, he will obtain something known as the "Master Sword," which is significantly stronger. He will also use bombs, arrows, and a hookshot to explore a land called Hyrule and its puzzle-laden dungeons. The dungeons will incorporate environmental themes; one contains a lot of fire, another is full of ice, and there's even one out in the desert!

"As you can see, this game is totally revolutionary," says a Nintendo rep speaking on the condition of anonymity. "This is the exact same cutting-edge innovation that Zelda fans have enjoyed since 1987." At this point, the only other mystery that remains is who will be the final boss: Ganon or Ganondorf. You'll just have to play the game and enjoy the surprise!

I've just recently started this game back up, I'm at the
16 or 17 hour mark
and MAN is this game awesome, I'm about to go into
another dungeon right after freeing the third lake spirit
. At this point I can't wait to see
the rest of the game
!!!!

Just finished it today.. took me like 45 hours....

I think it's an overall better game than Ocarina of Time, but nothing beats OoT's last boss battle. Good times.

[quote name='MadChedar0']Just finished it today.. took me like 45 hours....

I think it's an overall better game than Ocarina of Time, but nothing beats OoT's last boss battle. Good times.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think what makes me like it more than OoT is the controls. I just can't go back to playing Zelda the old way now.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Yet another game I need to finish eventually. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I've had it since December and I'm just now nearing the end =/

It is an awesome game, though some of the stuff at the end, namely
the dominon rod
is starting to feel a lot like filler. Hell, the entire
city of sky
dungeon felt like it was thrown in there to artificially length the game.

Good boss fight, though.

Another complaint of mine - this is the second time I've missed the Big Key and I've had to backtrack and waste time to get it.

I'm kind of glad I'm nearing the end, at 35 hours into it I'm getting a bit sick of Zelda... I actually think it was a bit TOO long, at this point.

C'mon, do we really need spoiler tags ? Anyone coming into a 65 page thread about a specific Zelda game should expect to read about "spoilers".

Or here's a good idea, just stop reading the thread about your favorite game and play the freaking thing already if you're too anal to have your experience "spoiled".

[quote name='Roufuss']Don't worry, I've had it since December and I'm just now nearing the end =/

It is an awesome game, though some of the stuff at the end, namely
the dominon rod
is starting to feel a lot like filler. Hell, the entire
city of sky
dungeon felt like it was thrown in there to artificially length the game.

Good boss fight, though.[/quote]Heck, that's exactly where I stopped playing. If you noticed earlier in the thread, I got hit by the stupid cannon save glitch. I downloaded a save that had started in the next dungeon and haven't really progressed beyond that.

Also, I've had it since launch.

Finally beat it! I finished the entire Cave of Ordeals, got the Big Quiver, but skipped the rest of the bonus stuff.

Is it me, or did Poe hunting or bug hunting seem like a huge huge huge waste of time? I would have been pissed to get all the poes and get the reward
unlimited 200 rupees, according to the guide
because there was BARELY ANYTHING TO SPEND YOUR MONEY ON!!! Once I got the Magic Armor, that was it, I never spent money again, except to do one minigame costing 15 rupees.

It just seemed like doing a lot of the bonus stuff simply isn't worth the time, hell, you don't really need to finish the Cave of Ordeals, just finish the first 10 floors so that
the fairies appeared in one lake
and you're set with that.

But all in all, good game, feels good to finally finish it... I enjoyed the ending, as well.

[quote name='SinnerChrno']Just finished the Cube version a little while ago. Great game! 52 hours or so.

Holy CRAP Midna is hawt after she transforms back!
[/quote]

I just beat it about an hour ago. The game starts out kinda slow, but really picks up and turns out to be an amazing game. I had a 3 month period where I didn't want to play it because
the beginning wolf shit really turned me off.

Also... (ending spoiler)
That cat bitch was too fine! God damn, I've never had a thing for furries before, but now I'm starting to wonder... :lol:

I love Zelda games, but I cannot get into this one. I've played 14 hours, just entered the Water Temple, and can't get motivated to do anything else. I'm really close to trading this game, and it hurts me to say that.

Finished it a couple weeks ago (made myself before I started Super Paper Mario). I enjoyed it quite a bit. Thought the difficulty was about right (though tending toward the easy side), and liked the size of the world.

I liked collecting the bugs, and the reward(s) were worthwhile. Haven't collected all the Poes. There's too many, and the reward doesn't sound like it's worth it. Also didn't do the Cave of Ordeals, but I may go back and do that at some point.

I think one of the best things about the game was just how well the aiming with the Wiimote worked. It really made taking out guys with the bow and using some of the other ranged weapons a blast and added a new wrinkle to the gameplay. Hopefully we'll see more games make use of this in the future (Metroid being the most likely candidate).

[quote name='munch']I love Zelda games, but I cannot get into this one. I've played 14 hours, just entered the Water Temple, and can't get motivated to do anything else. I'm really close to trading this game, and it hurts me to say that.[/quote]

Welcome to Zelda Fatigue.

My suggestion would be to finish the game. There are some very nice parts that are worth seeing, and they do offset the tiresome bits.

Even if it offends your sensibilities, grab a FAQ when you come to a boring point, because it will almost always be something that is more of an irritation than a true puzzle. The ladder you didn't see. The switch hidden around a corner in a completely illogical place. The headache you'll get from trying to do something your way, only to find out that wasn't the designer's idea and you have to do it their way. So don't fight it.

Don't look at is as giving up or cheating; look at it as cutting out the irritation, the backtracking, and the pointless things you'll wish you hadn't bothered with anyway.

I feel no shame for not getting the biggest bomb bag, the biggest quiver, all the bugs, or all the Poes because they're all unnecessary and, for me, the reward isn't worth the work. I reached my irritation limit and moved on. Zelda's reward system sucks; your real reward is seeing all the environments and solving the dungeons.

And some of them are worth it.

[quote name='blandstalker']I feel no shame for not getting the biggest bomb bag, the biggest quiver, all the bugs, or all the Poes because they're all unnecessary and, for me, the reward isn't worth the work. I reached my irritation limit and moved on. Zelda's reward system sucks; your real reward is seeing all the environments and solving the dungeons.

And some of them are worth it.[/quote]

Damn straight.

I do have to say, though, that Wind Waker was much better in terms of really off-the-wall side quests. The amount of islands to explore, and the varied feel of all of them was more exciting to me. But at the same time, I can not begin to imagine what bores some of Twighlight Princess. Please don't read this as "you are all idiots" or "I think it is the shits, so you should too." I'm just saying that Twighlight Princess had some excellent gameplay in it, despite the familiar formula.

I will say that my favorite bits of the game came at the end, though. The last few dungeons are remarkable, to say the least, and I don't want to use spoiler tags. There is one that plays kind of like Psychonauts. There's another in which you find the most hip-hop item ever in a Zelda game (and it rocks hard). And then there's one that is so dark, sinister, and beautiful, that I felt bad that it was easy enough for me to knock out in one sitting. Some of the later bosses are a pleasure to see, though none had the same effect on me when the big-ass bug creature from the first Wind Waker dungeon rose up in a shitload of cartoon smoke. Delicious.

[quote name='munch']I love Zelda games, but I cannot get into this one. I've played 14 hours, just entered the Water Temple, and can't get motivated to do anything else. I'm really close to trading this game, and it hurts me to say that.[/QUOTE]
It sounds like everyone takes a break right at the Water Temple. Very true because the game just feels slow and lagging. Finish it. The game speeds up significantly afterwards since you can change into a wolf anytime and the world just opens up more. I stopped at the water temple back in Feb, 3 weeks ago I resumed playing and now I'm 2 dungeons from the finish.

And for the collecting sprees, I'd say if you do any just do the bugs. Its pretty easy and the number is low compared to the poes.

[quote name='CouRageouS']And for the collecting sprees, I'd say if you do any just do the bugs. Its pretty easy and the number is low compared to the poes.[/quote]
There's also some sense to it. If you find one gender bug in an area, you know the other gender is in that same area (and once you have both, you can move on). I only needed help (guide) to find one or two. Plus, you get money for every bug you find, which keeps you motivated.

With the poes, you could pass through the same area many times, and if it wasn't at night, you wouldn't see it. And many of them are in places you'll only pass through once.

[quote name='CouRageouS']It sounds like everyone takes a break right at the Water Temple. Very true because the game just feels slow and lagging. Finish it. The game speeds up significantly afterwards since you can change into a wolf anytime and the world just opens up more. I stopped at the water temple back in Feb, 3 weeks ago I resumed playing and now I'm 2 dungeons from the finish.

And for the collecting sprees, I'd say if you do any just do the bugs. Its pretty easy and the number is low compared to the poes.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I stopped playing right after completing the water temple (about 3 months ago). I fully intend to get back into it, and may just do that now that I'm pretty much finished with Rogue Galaxy.

Little help as I've tried to get back into the game after months off: I'm in the Goron mines and my shield just burned up. Can I just buy another at any store and if so, where is the closest one? And when do I get a real shield? (Yeah, yeah, I know I've barely gone that far. Kind of weird that a Zelda game hasn't pulled me in. I've had this since launch.)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Little help as I've tried to get back into the game after months off: I'm in the Goron mines and my shield just burned up. Can I just buy another at any store and if so, where is the closest one? And when do I get a real shield? (Yeah, yeah, I know I've barely gone that far. Kind of weird that a Zelda game hasn't pulled me in. I've had this since launch.)[/quote]There's a store behind the Goron mountain, in the springs. That may have a replacement shield, but probably not a sturdy one. I'm not sure if the store opens up before or after the Goron mine dungeon, but
the devil baby runs one of the stores in the village, after you find the kids and free them when they're kidnapped, that had the good shield for sale.

Thanks Frisky. Made my way through the mines.

Another simple question: How do I call up the horse again? Don't I have to play the grass thing? I can't find any by the northern gate in the village going towards Hyrule Field and it seems I can't get out without the horse. Are those weeds located somewhere else in the level?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Little help as I've tried to get back into the game after months off: I'm in the Goron mines and my shield just burned up. Can I just buy another at any store and if so, where is the closest one? And when do I get a real shield? (Yeah, yeah, I know I've barely gone that far. Kind of weird that a Zelda game hasn't pulled me in. I've had this since launch.)[/QUOTE]

SPOILER:

Once the baby shop opens up in Kakariko, you can buy the Hylian shield, which is indestructible.

bread's done
Back