Official LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS Thread !

Oh and ya just read there is also S-video...don't know what that is either =/, I'm guessing the order from best to worst is:

component, S-video, composite, and finally RF?

Bah I don't know what that is either =/ PS/2... anyway I looked on wikipedia and now I know what it looks like, just where would this thing plug into? I've never seen any slot for that on a tv before.

Darn though I gotta get some new cables, I've been using an RF switch for years...

I'm pretty sure you need a new TV, not new cables, as you would've seen the inputs before. That B&W, 14" Worstinghouse just won't do in the next-gen.

[quote name='Spades22']lol well it IS color, its like a 25 inch or something flat screen and its like 2-3 years old...[/QUOTE]

If it's really 2-3 years old, I'd think it would at least have S-Video. Unless, of course, it's a cheap-ass WalMart special, which is what it sounds like with only RF and composite inputs.

No this one has 4 different sets of 3 colored things in the back, one is for component (I think...cause it has those 3 colors) and the other 3 are composite colors...Its a Toshiba from Future shop but its worked good since my family bought it.
'
And I just watched this "Wolf fight" vid on IGN and dang it looks pretty fun being a wolf.

You should get component. If it has them that TV should be capable of 480p.

There are TV's that are capable of 480p and no higher. I've seen them online.

[quote name='Spades22']No this one has 4 different sets of 3 colored things in the back, one is for component (I think...cause it has those 3 colors) and the other 3 are composite colors...Its a Toshiba from Future shop but its worked good since my family bought it.
'
And I just watched this "Wolf fight" vid on IGN and dang it looks pretty fun being a wolf.[/QUOTE]

Then you're good to go. Because it's an SD set, there's little reason to throw yourself into the crush of HD people currently going for the component cables.But you should definitely pick some up once they're readily available. You'll be glad you did.

[quote name='j.elles']You should get component. If it has them that TV should be capable of 480p.[/quote]

Not true. I have a Sony set with two sets of component inputs that cannot do progressive scan.

There are TV's that are capable of 480p and no higher. I've seen them online.

Yup. That's what is called "Enhanced Definition" (EDTV).

Component helps for SDTVs, making the picture sharper. But if the TV doesn't support progressive scan (EDTV), you're not going to get as much benefit out of it.

I notice a sharper picture when using s-video over composite, and I will probably notice an equally sharper picture using component over s-video, but it's not as if you need to worry yourself about not having component to play Zelda.

Just look up you're tv's model number on the internet. Just going to the manufacturers website is usually easiest.

I don't really recomend the component if it's not capable of 480P. A lot of people don't really see a difference.

[quote name='j.elles']Just look up you're tv's model number on the internet. Just going to the manufacturers website is usually easiest.

I don't really recomend the component if it's not capable of 480P. A lot of people don't really see a difference.[/QUOTE]

He will if he's going from composite. If he was going from S-video, I would agree with you, as the improvement between those two is nominal. And since the price of the Wii S-Video cable is the same as for the component, why not get the latter and be future-proofed?

Well I'd be going from the RF Adapter to...whatever I can use, I guess component is my best bet and if that doesn't work S-video?

Just finished LoZ: WW. Man, what a game.
I was reluctant to play it because I did not like the sailing aspect as it seemed that it consumed too much time. Fortunately, I got past this annoyance and let this great game wash over me. Once you get that warp thingy the game really picks up. The whole experience was great.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Just finished LoZ: WW. Man, what a game.
I was reluctant to play it because I did not like the sailing aspect as it seemed that it consumed too much time. Fortunately, I got past this annoyance and let this great game wash over me. Once you get that warp thingy the game really picks up. The whole experience was great.[/quote]Amen. Those that didn't give Wind Waker a chance are fools. Those that did and still didn't like it are entitle to their opinion. But it's a fantastic game, with a few flaws.

Did anyone mention what Links's new instrument is?
It's his howl in wolf form

Gametrailers.com has a new preview of it up, and it makes me want it...so bad.

GUYS I JUST READ A SPOILER AND LINK ACTUALLY DIES AT THE END AND ONE OF THE VILLAGER CHILDREN APPEAR IN THE FINAL SCENE AS THE NEW LINK FOR THE SEQUEL!!!!

j/k xD

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Gamespot gave it an 8.8. Ouch.[/QUOTE]
I can't say it is surprising. After I found out Jeff was going to do the review for Zelda:TP I figured it wouldn't score higher then a 9.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Gamespot gave it an 8.8. Ouch.[/quote]I'll read it later, but just from the numbers, it seems like a review that's blatantly "non-conformist" and crap.

How hard will it be to find a copy of this game? I pre-ordered my Wii at EB, so I'm not really willing to wait anywhere for Zelda because I'll be picking up the Wii and Excitetruck at midnight, so I'm going to go home and play, not wait in another line. Will I be able to find this anywhere on Sunday? I think my best bet will be Target, but just because they didn't preorder away all their copies. What do you guys think??

gamespot sucks. I almost NEVER agree with any of their reviews. I really don't even consider them close to credible.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746691p1.html

IGN's review! - 9.5/10

8.0 Presentation
A truly epic new Zelda complete with a compelling, darker storyline, enhanced controls, and brand new gameplay mechanics. Lack of voice acting and orchestrated music are unfortunate.

8.5 Graphics
An absolutely gorgeous GameCube game. An enormous, detailed world brought to life via beautiful art. But Wii is still capable of much more, as the adventure's sometimes-blurry textures prove.

8.0 Sound
Again, where's the orchestrated music? Come on, Nintendo. Everything else is great, from the moody sound effects to the atmospheric MIDI compositions.

9.5 Gameplay
Superb. The tried-and-true Zelda gameplay mechanics are taken to new heights with the Wii remote and nunchuk. Overworld and temple designs are stellar. Classic Zelda reborn for a new generation.

9.5 Lasting Appeal
It'll keep you busy for at least 50 hours and you could spend double that in Nintendo's new Hyrule. So much to do and see that you'll be busy for weeks, if not months.

Incredible

OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I read both reviews, and it seems like they've take the Fanboy (IGN) vs OMGGRAPHICSSUXXX (Gamespot) positions. I trust IGN more than Gamespot for this review, but I'll reserve judgement for when I get the game.

[quote name='lordwow']I read both reviews, and it seems like they've take the Fanboy (IGN) vs OMGGRAPHICSSUXXX (Gamespot) positions. I trust IGN more than Gamespot for this review, but I'll reserve judgement for when I get the game.[/QUOTE]
Gamespot isn't a credible site in my opinion. I can't stand Jeff's reviews as he only seems to care about graphics and sheer power. I admit that most of the time IGN boosts reviews much more than what is deserved, but I expected a little more from them (they gave windwaker a 9.8 and Metroid Prime a 9.8 I THINK)

Wow if what you say is true, then of course that influenced his score. He won't go against what he said and give it a 9.7 or whatever...that would kill his credibility.

[quote name='GI Review']The monsters are some of the best I have seen since Princess Mononoke [/quote]

:whistle2:k That's a very very very bold statement.

[quote name='Apossum']:whistle2:k That's a very very very bold statement.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same hting...but Hell, even if it isn't quite up to that standard, getting close will still be fucking awesome, right?

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I was thinking the same hting...but Hell, even if it isn't quite up to that standard, getting close will still be fucking awesome, right?[/QUOTE]

right.

and I'm gonna rent Princess Mononoke tonight to help pass the time before an early sleep (hopefully)

haven't seen it in years... :bouncy:

[quote name='fred_h_haddad']Any reviews for the *cube* version of LOZ: TP?

I want to see how it stacks up with the older controller & lesser graphics?[/QUOTE]

Since the Cube version is 3 weeks away...no.

You guys know this game is available now right?

I bought it earlier today at Target. They had all the Wii launch titles for sale with the light up GCards and the pamphlets that say you get $20 GC if you buy 3 games. I was going to buy Trauma Center and Zelda but I just got Zelda for the sake of avoideing the search later.

[quote name='Santurio']You guys know this game is available now right?

I bought it earlier today at Target. They had all the Wii launch titles for sale with the light up GCards and the pamphlets that say you get $20 GC if you buy 3 games. I was going to buy Trauma Center and Zelda but I just got Zelda for the sake of avoideing the search later.[/QUOTE]

Yes, check out 3-5 others threads regarding this game and others.

[quote name='zaxo']How hard will it be to find a copy of this game? I pre-ordered my Wii at EB, so I'm not really willing to wait anywhere for Zelda because I'll be picking up the Wii and Excitetruck at midnight, so I'm going to go home and play, not wait in another line. Will I be able to find this anywhere on Sunday? I think my best bet will be Target, but just because they didn't preorder away all their copies. What do you guys think??[/quote]

I'm not sure, but Target, bestbuy, and any other store with a game section should have it in most people already bought zelda at like best buy some places already had it out some are waiting for 19.

[quote name='zaxo']How hard will it be to find a copy of this game? I pre-ordered my Wii at EB, so I'm not really willing to wait anywhere for Zelda because I'll be picking up the Wii and Excitetruck at midnight, so I'm going to go home and play, not wait in another line. Will I be able to find this anywhere on Sunday? I think my best bet will be Target, but just because they didn't preorder away all their copies. What do you guys think??[/quote]

*Update*

A little while ago, I read somewhere on CAG (I think in this thread) that someone had purchased Zelda at Target. I had to go by there anyway, so I stopped in and they are were selling everything but the Wii itself. Nobody was buying it, but that might be because I don't think anybody knew about it. Anyway, I've got my copy of Zelda. Now I just have to wait 4 hours and 22 minutes so I can go pick up my Wii.

[quote name='zaxo']*Update*

A little while ago, I read somewhere on CAG (I think in this thread) that someone had purchased Zelda at Target. I had to go by there anyway, so I stopped in and they are were selling everything but the Wii itself. Nobody was buying it, but that might be because I don't think anybody knew about it. Anyway, I've got my copy of Zelda. Now I just have to wait 4 hours and 22 minutes so I can go pick up my Wii.[/QUOTE]

There seems to be no consistancy among chains. At one BB here in Boston, there was absolutley nothing on sale for the Wii yesterday, at another they had their entire stock of games and accessories out.

bread's done
Back