Official LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS Thread !

I just beat the first dungeon and im a little over 5 hours in. I am loving the game BUT sometimes the Wiimote is unresponsive when trying to aim with the items. I saw you can recalibrate in the menu so I guess ill have to try that.

I beat the game early today. Very awesome game. Took me right at 46 hours for the main quests, did almost no sidequests.

I'm at 24:21 and have spent the last 2 hours at the fishing hole. It could very easily be it's own game. between lure fishing, and bobber fishing, maybe my dream of a Nintendo themed fishing game will come true.

I'm at 7:18 and I just finished the first dungeon. This game is so freaking awesome. There have been a ton of puzzles to solve so far and everything can be figured out if you think about it.

Wow, I didn't think this game would really have so much depth. I can't wait to play it over the holidays. But I have to get a Wii first! :bomb: :shock:

It seems having a guide would just ruin the fun of solving all the great puzzles in this game. But I would like to have one for collecting all the heart pieces and stuff.

So it looks like not that many people have beaten it yet. I beat it yesterday afternoon sometime. I am really happy with the way it turned out. I thought the ending was somewhat sad. If its not better than Ocarina, it still is very good. My only complaint might be that the bosses are pretty easy. Overall it is, I think, the best game of the year, or pretty damn close.

I don't know how some of you guys beat this already.

I've played this game what I would consider "a lot" given everything else I have to do, 8 hours in over 3 days. 60 hours in 5? that's crazy.

I'm 20 hours in at the Water Temple. I thought I was far along. I wish I could just sit around playing video games all day long.

[quote name='AshesofWake']^^^ how long did it take you?[/quote]my time was about 40 something hours. I did a few side thingies, but I left my system on a couple times while I was watching tv, so you could probably beat it in about 40 or a little less. I would say its definitely not 70 hours unless you try to find everything.

[quote name='evanft']So, how does the difficulty compare to WW?[/quote]WW was pretty easy, but I would say that there are puzzles in this game that will have you scratching your head for a while, and the bosses are harder than WW for the most part.

Good. I'm playing WW right now, and I feel invincible cause I have like a dozen hearts.

Oh, and the 1up Show with the Zelda review is pretty cool.

[quote name='evanft']Good. I'm playing WW right now, and I feel invincible cause I have like a dozen hearts.

Oh, and the 1up Show with the Zelda review is pretty cool.[/quote]yeah i just saw that. they all loved it.

I haven't touched Zelda in a few days (and haven't played it very much before that - have been playing other games too much, that's the bad thing about buying 5 games at launch), and I've been playing a bit tonight, and man oh man is this game awesome. I'm not very far into it at all, I'm at the part where
I'm collecting the light from the insects so I can return to my normal form. Getting here was crazy, going through Hyrule Castle covered in twilight, etc.
So far, this is turning out to be an awesome game. Already feels a lot more over the top and engaging than OoT ever felt...and I'm sure there's pah-lenty in store for me to experience.

[quote name='evanft']Good. I'm playing WW right now, and I feel invincible cause I have like a dozen hearts.

Oh, and the 1up Show with the Zelda review is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way. I didn't even bother fishing out all the heart pieces in WW, because I knew the last boss wouldn't put up much of a fight. I loved WW, but my one complaint was that it was kind of insultingly easy compared to other Zeldas.

By comparison, I've died a few times in TP already. That game's not brutally hard, but it'll definitely put up a fight, and there are some good puzzles so far (I'm just now entering dungeon #4).

[quote name='javeryh']I'm at 8:25 and I just got to
Kakariko Village for the first time. Holy crap!
[/quote]Don't worry
:), the Goron Temple is a fucking cake walk. The Dungeon is so linear, I love it.

Quick question. Coming up on the third temple here (well, sorta...) and I know things are going to get more complicated as I go and time to play will be less and less so quick question. Nothing really in the way of spoilers here if you've beaten the first dungeon, but I'll tag it anyway.

Is it possible to use the warp bird (occococcococcoaa1? ;)), get out of the dungeon, save the game, turn the system off, and come back to it, and warp back to where I was, or does the bird only work while the system is on? I'd rather not have to beat bigger dungeons in a single sitting or have to traveser through the whole thing again when I load the game, but if I must, I must. Just wondered if anyone had tried this yet.

I've just finished the third dungeon, and I've got around 20 hours. Granted, I am doing tons of side stuff. Pieces of heart and all that. Honestly though, if the game had ended after those first three dungeons, it still would have been the best game I've played in the past 2 years.

[quote name='panasonic']i want a wii only for zelda. after i beat zelda i am selling it[/QUOTE]

Go away and never come back.

[quote name='daroga']Quick question. Coming up on the third temple here (well, sorta...) and I know things are going to get more complicated as I go and time to play will be less and less so quick question. Nothing really in the way of spoilers here if you've beaten the first dungeon, but I'll tag it anyway.

Is it possible to use the warp bird (occococcococcoaa1? ;)), get out of the dungeon, save the game, turn the system off, and come back to it, and warp back to where I was, or does the bird only work while the system is on? I'd rather not have to beat bigger dungeons in a single sitting or have to traveser through the whole thing again when I load the game, but if I must, I must. Just wondered if anyone had tried this yet.
[/quote]
I am wondering this too. The dungeons are huge and I can usually only play for 45 minutes to an hour at a time.

If there were VO in a Zelda game, what actors would you want to play what characters? I'm thinking Christopher Lee as Ganon would be pretty awesome.

A quick question for those who have beat the game:

Are you able to continue exploring after you've beaten the game, or should I collect everything before the final boss fight

I just got to

the Goron village, anyway the huge fight on horseback was probobly one of the best Zelda parts ever, im loving this game

I'm a little over 7 hours in and I'm about to go to the goron dungeon. There haven't been many side quests this far in right? I sure as hell talked to everybody and haven't found any other than
the second hidden skill which required going back to the forest.
Everything else seems like it's pretty much part of the story itself.

I used a walkthrough for way too much of WW just because I wanted to beat it fast before I got the Wii and I've sworn off of them for twilight princess so I hope I'm not missing anything :p.

[quote name='SpazX']I'm a little over 7 hours in and I'm about to go to the goron dungeon. There haven't been many side quests this far in right? I sure as hell talked to everybody and haven't found any other than
the second hidden skill which required going back to the forest.
Everything else seems like it's pretty much part of the story itself.

I used a walkthrough for way too much of WW just because I wanted to beat it fast before I got the Wii and I've sworn off of them for twilight princess so I hope I'm not missing anything :p.[/QUOTE]

I feel like such an idiot. I did the wolf call, but forgot where the wolf is in the forest. Can you tell me exactley where he was? Also, I need the last insect for the Death Mountain spirit, but I don't know how to get it. I've gone as far as I can up the mountain, and I knocked the bug out of the gate, but there's one across the chasm or something. Help me, please!

I thought I could answer a few questions since I am one of the few who has beaten it.
first Daroga and Javeryh I dont really think its a spoiler but I will wrap it anyway.
That little bird guy Occoo can get you out of dungeons and you can save and quit while your out and then go right back to the room you were in last. So if you are going to turn off the system in a dungeon I would do this.
Now Lordwow's question
you can continue exploring after you beat the game, but it wont save after the final boss, so I would save right before the last boss because I hadnt saved since the dungeon before and I lost a ton of stuff.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']
I feel like such an idiot. I did the wolf call, but forgot where the wolf is in the forest. Can you tell me exactley where he was? Also, I need the last insect for the Death Mountain spirit, but I don't know how to get it. I've gone as far as I can up the mountain, and I knocked the bug out of the gate, but there's one across the chasm or something. Help me, please!
[/quote]

If you bring up your map it's marked, he's over at the lake near Link's house where you first go to get Epona. I don't exactly remember all the bugs for kakariko and death mountain, but if you get over to the mountain and just climb all the way up there you should be a spirit and a geyser thing blocking your path. You just drop down from there and have to fight some shadow creatures and get that one. If that's not the one you're missing let me know.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='SpazX']
If you bring up your map it's marked, he's over at the lake near Link's house where you first go to get Epona. I don't exactly remember all the bugs for kakariko and death mountain, but if you get over to the mountain and just climb all the way up there you should be a spirit and a geyser thing blocking your path. You just drop down from there and have to fight some shadow creatures and get that one. If that's not the one you're missing let me know.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help with the wolf, but I dont' think that's the right insect. I'm the part of Death Mountain where the lava rains down, and there's a Goron ghost on top of a ridge I can't get to. There's a big gate, and a little entrance by the gate, but it's elevated, so I can't get up. There are lots of rocks to roll around, as well.

Shouldnt the bug be on your map? I dont really think it should be that hard. just keep looking around where the dot is on your map.

[quote name='smellytim']
Shouldnt the bug be on your map? I dont really think it should be that hard. just keep looking around where the dot is on your map.
[/QUOTE]

It's on the map, but I can't get to where it is on the map. It seems to be on top of a ridge I can't climb or jump to.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Haha, as soon as I went back to the game, I figured it out. Thanks anyway, guys. :D

Yeah, that was the spot, Tim. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

That one was a pain in the neck to find. I was searching for it for about 15 minutes yesterday.

[quote name='pop311']Does anyone like the fact that the first 3 temples are kinda sorta linear? I do.[/QUOTE]

I do really like the first 3 dungeons, but i never really thought of them being linear.

Right now I'm just running around Hyrule collecting Heart Pieces, Bugs and Fishing. I just did the lure fishing and played it for an hour, awsome!

Waitaminute...question about the wolf call. I think I may have missed the second skill:

I did the first wolf call scene while getting the tears in Kakariko village and he told me to come back for a skill...I finished the tears quest and have gone all the way to rescuing the kid during the on-horse battle. Did I miss a hidden skill?

bread's done
Back