Official LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS Thread !

Well I know the Snow Temple is next for me... but before I went to it I've been doing some other stuff. After I beat Arbiter, I spent a few hours getting golden bugs/heart pieces/poes. I got 22 poes, 21/24 golden bugs, and I think I have about every heartpiece I can get at this point in the game (I have 12 and 3/5...theres one more piece I could get but I need 900 more rupees). Oh ya I also got the Magic Armor. So ya...now I'll probably go to Snowpeak soon...

but I just wanted to know at what point in the game can I actually get all 24 bugs? I'd really like that 1000 Rupee bag.

The other thing I wanted to know, was how in the world do I get that freaking empty bottle at the fishing hole!! I know that its by the no littering sign, on the left side of the bridge in the GAMECUBE version I think. (I have the GC version). But ya I've bobble-fished there for awhile and to no avail! Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or any super specific location (Try to make it GC specific if you can)

It's funny that you're having an issue with getting the bottle by the no littering section. I just cast into that area while bobber-fishing and got it on my first try. I just threw my line out as far as I could and nabbed it.

I continue to be amazed by the beauty and spirit of this game!! I spent over 7 hours playing today. Advanced the plot a little, but mainly focused on sidequests (poe souls, golden bugs, pieces of heart).
The two mini-dungeon caves were rad, especially the one in the Lake Hylia area with the pits and narrow plank bridges.

Another favorite part is the goron on the sight seeing deck in Castle Town who uses the phrase "it's a secret to everybody." Awesome!!! Any other old schoolers smile at that?

I feel like I'm intentionally going slow just to make the whole experience last longer. Too much fun!

[quote name='Scobie']I continue to be amazed by the beauty and spirit of this game!! I spent over 7 hours playing today. Advanced the plot a little, but mainly focused on sidequests (poe souls, golden bugs, pieces of heart).
The two mini-dungeon caves were rad, especially the one in the Lake Hylia area with the pits and narrow plank bridges.

Another favorite part is the goron on the sight seeing deck in Castle Town who uses the phrase "it's a secret to everybody." Awesome!!! Any other old schoolers smile at that?

I feel like I'm intentionally going slow just to make the whole experience last longer. Too much fun![/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing - I don't quite understand why someone would want to rush through to the ending and then go back for the sidequests. I was suffering from major Zelda withdrawal until I finally opened my $10 copy of Chibi-Robo today; what an awesome game!

I finally played it after a week or so (damn holidays). got through the snow peak ruins and went around after words to pick up a few bugs in the area, and easy heart peices i had passed up. saved it at the very begining of the temple of time. its hard to find a couple hours to get through the dungeons sometimes.

Ah nvm I got the bottle on my first try right after I posted above...weird... I spent like 30-45 min yesterday trying to get it. Half the time I found that I was fishing on the wrong side, and the other half it just didn't show. WEIRD! Anyway, I finally have all 4 bottles, managed to donate 1000 Rupees to that castle town guy to get the heart piece (from bug money), got magic armor, 21/24 bugs, 24 poes, as many heart pieces as I can... and ya, I'm about halfway through Snowpeak. It says I've played 35 hours...but I think thats more like 30 or less since I leave the system on a lot when I dont want to exit in the middle of a dungeon.

Ya I'm at the Temple of Time now too (I think...its the forest one).. saved right before it. Got 14 and 3/5 heart pieces... it's pretty sweet, usually I get all the other stuff after I beat the game, but its fun in this game getting it during so you can be invincible :D

I havent had much trouble in this game still...most I've been stuck for is probably 15min. Statue puzzle I beat on my 4th try, and the ice sliding one in snowpeak I beat fairly quickly. Also, the heartpiece that required ice sliding was so easy after I got the one in snowpeak ruins. So I'd say the statue part is the hardest real puzzle in the game.

Ya the ball and chain owns. I like just swinging it in a circle above my head and watch a mob of enemies pitiful attempt at touching me.

But ya I agree... its a great game but doesn't feel very epic-like or Zeldaish. I think its cause the triforce doesn't have much to do with it and most of the game all you're trying to do was rid the world of darkness or find a mirror or something. I think Wind Waker felt more epic...I mean it was crazy when I got the MAster Sword...they spent awhile building up the power of the weapon. In TP they're like "Ok time to get the Master Sword to free the curse!" Then you get it, and its over and the game continues. Wind Waker had that sweet battle in the sunken Hyrule Castle after. But I still really like the game... Wind Waker was like my favorite game ever and this is pretty close to it, if not better. But I'll determine that for sure once I beat it xD

[quote name='pop311']who else thought that his was a great, awesome game, just not very Zelda-y as previous zelda games.[/quote]
dident that happen with wind waker? i dont think any game will every be as zelda-y as link to the past or zelda1

i think zelda tp was on the edge of passing link to the past in terms of best zelda ever, But spades22 had good points. Getting the master sword wasent that big of a thing. Also link starts out with a triforce on his palm but they dont explain that once. not once. Also whats up with no shadow link? the hinted at it early on but then it never came to play. tisk.

All and all though, it was a good game, it just lost its umph. Zelda was the most under developed charicter in that game. And i think thats really sad.

I think in the end, the game sufferd from script problems.

Ya they needed to explain Zelda more... he just seemed like he had no personality at all. Basically you knew everything there was to know about him from the very start. In Wind Waker it unfolded more throughout the game.

I just beat Temple of Time and I think I'll nominate it as the easiest dungeon so far! Took me less than 1.5 hours and I got every chest...didnt get stuck once, it was so easy. The DarkNut guy was fun though. The boss also was my easiest yet for sure. Goron Mines was also easy and I'd say gets 2nd.

Oh ya and I also want to say that the miniboss, the DarkHammer or whatever (the guy who gives you the ball and chain)... he was definitely the hardest miniboss yet. I think he got me down to like 1 and 3/4 or 2 and 3/4 hearts. I found out now you could grapple above him... I kept trying to roll around him and would always get hit.

[quote name='Spades22']Ya they needed to explain Zelda more... he just seemed like he had no personality at all. Basically you knew everything there was to know about him from the very start. In Wind Waker it unfolded more throughout the game.
[/quote]
zelda is a he? #-oomg what did I do?!!!

I think once i finish TP ill finally go back and finish Wind Waker after losing my game saves twice :roll: this game has givin me motivation to play the other Zeldas i havent played through or finished yet.

oops...but you know that Zelda DID actually turn into a he during the time that:

(SPOILERS)

Zelda vanished to save Midna!

(END SPOILERS)

Oh and I meant Link for that part, not Zelda lol

Dude, spades USE SPOILER TAGS, luckily I already did that part that you just talked about, but if I hadn't Id be pissed. Dont just write spoiler, actually use the tags.

I wasn't able to play for a week or so but I played last night. I just finished up the 5th temple and I absoutely love this game. I love the controls now more than ever and can't picture playing this on the Cube now. Being that this game is basically a Gamecube game it really makes a statement that more can be done with less and it makes other developers look quite lazy or inadequate. The art style is superb. There are basically no loading times what so ever and the whole world is seamless. Great Stuff.

I dont know I really like the gamecube controls. After hearing how hard it can be to do a shield attack... pressing "R" on the controller feels so much better... havent tried the Wii version though.

[quote name='Spades22']I dont know I really like the gamecube controls. After hearing how hard it can be to do a shield attack... pressing "R" on the controller feels so much better... havent tried the Wii version though.[/QUOTE]
I have no problem at all doing a shield attack on the Wii. I am taking my time with this game and getting all hearts and bugs that I can in each area before moving on to the next dungeon. I'm only on the third dungeon and have 14 hours invested.

[quote name='addicted2games']I'm only on the third dungeon and have 14 hours invested.[/QUOTE]

I've got that beat by a mile! I'm officially over 40 hours into the game and just ready to go to Gerudo Desert. Wind Waker was rad, but I'm actually having even more fun with Twilight Princess!

About the last five or so hours have been blown on fishing. Hyrule be damned! I'm landin' lunkers!

[quote name='Scobie']I've got that beat by a mile! I'm officially over 40 hours into the game and just ready to go to Gerudo Desert. Wind Waker was rad, but I'm actually having even more fun with Twilight Princess!

About the last five or so hours have been blown on fishing. Hyrule be damned! I'm landin' lunkers![/quote]

Yeah, fishing is awesome. I really enjoyed Wind Waker but Twilight Princess is a lot funner, I hated having to sail around in Wind Waker.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, fishing is awesome. I really enjoyed Wind Waker but Twilight Princess is a lot funner, I hated having to sail around in Wind Waker.[/QUOTE]
Thats what made me stop near the end of WW. I hated sailing around and I was trying to get most of the sidequests done. I should go back and just beat it without doing the rest of the sidequests.

40 hours and Gerudo!!?? Wow...thats crazy. I didnt really find fishing fun. Then again I dont like it in real life either...takes too much time of just sitting there lol. I'm at like 40 hours playtime and about to go to the 7th dungeon. It's not like I rushed though...I've done every sidequest and gotten everything I can(All bugs and I have 16 2/5 heart pieces) and at the beginning I'd just run around Hyrule cause I loved the graphics.

i just finished it on the cube...loved it 100%. recently i went through the demo on the wii and was blown away; simply can't wait to get my own wii to replay it!

[quote name='Spades22']40 hours and Gerudo!!?? Wow...thats crazy. I didnt really find fishing fun. Then again I dont like it in real life either...takes too much time of just sitting there lol. I'm at like 40 hours playtime and about to go to the 7th dungeon. It's not like I rushed though...I've done every sidequest and gotten everything I can(All bugs and I have 16 2/5 heart pieces) and at the beginning I'd just run around Hyrule cause I loved the graphics.[/quote]

it took me 82 hours for the whole thing, so if played like i play (in a explorer way without a guide, not worrying about time, and getting all the hearts, bugs, and upgrades, and armor, and items, and looking for a bridge that never existed) its really a quite long game, and quite fun. Although, for some odd reason i felt thier wasent enuff side quests. The hearts were too easy (except for one of them, but thats my fault).

[quote name='Spades22']I dont know I really like the gamecube controls. After hearing how hard it can be to do a shield attack... pressing "R" on the controller feels so much better... havent tried the Wii version though.[/QUOTE]

The shield attack has never been a problem for me either.

Ya hearts were easy. I didnt use a guide for anything in the main game, but I did use a guide for finding the bugs and LOCATIONS(not how to get them...if my eyes didnt glance over it) of the heart pieces. Poes I might do later in the end of the game (I have 33 already, so 20 gives me the bottle which is what I wanted) and I'll do the Cave of Ordeals once I get 20 hearts as well. But ya I'm guessing I'll hit around 60 hours on my actual gametime, which is 50-55 hours of me actually playing since I leave the system on.

I started out with a "No guide for anything" in the game idea...but I just find roaming hyrule for an hour in search of a bug to be tedious and it always feels like I'm wasting my time... The dungeons though and what to do next in the main story thing I definitely won't use a guide! That's fun to me... especially since you can usually figure it out in 15 min tops.

And about the shield attack...I just read something in a thread about a bunch of people having trouble performing it which is why I said that. But the GC version really is fun either way... the camera should have been more like Wind Waker though. You can tell they finalized the controls for a different console first then threw in the camera for the GC version at the last minute

BTW Can someone tell me where the Cave of Ordeals is? I dont feel like searching the
Gerudo Desert
for it. Also what is this thing called the Gerudo Mesa? What is that and where do I find it (I know its in the same place as above)? Thanks

[quote name='Spades22']BTW Can someone tell me where the Cave of Ordeals is? I dont feel like searching the
Gerudo Desert
for it. Also what is this thing called the Gerudo Mesa? What is that and where do I find it (I know its in the same place as above)? Thanks[/QUOTE]

You don't have to search at all...it's at the warp point in Gerudo Desert (which is Gerudo Mesa). I can't recall if it was a rock structure or whatever, but at the top of that small cliff you need to have Midna warp the cover to another point on the map (like when you moved the bridge from the Forest)...I think it's somewhere at Lake Hylia. After you warp the cover, there is a staircase leading down which is the Cave of Ordeals. Just so you know, you need the ball-and-chain and double hookshot in order to complete all 50 floors.

[quote name='Spades22']Ya hearts were easy. I didnt use a guide for anything in the main game, but I did use a guide for finding the bugs and LOCATIONS(not how to get them...if my eyes didnt glance over it) of the heart pieces. Poes I might do later in the end of the game (I have 33 already, so 20 gives me the bottle which is what I wanted) and I'll do the Cave of Ordeals once I get 20 hearts as well. But ya I'm guessing I'll hit around 60 hours on my actual gametime, which is 50-55 hours of me actually playing since I leave the system on.

I started out with a "No guide for anything" in the game idea...but I just find roaming hyrule for an hour in search of a bug to be tedious and it always feels like I'm wasting my time... The dungeons though and what to do next in the main story thing I definitely won't use a guide! That's fun to me... especially since you can usually figure it out in 15 min tops.

And about the shield attack...I just read something in a thread about a bunch of people having trouble performing it which is why I said that. But the GC version really is fun either way... the camera should have been more like Wind Waker though. You can tell they finalized the controls for a different console first then threw in the camera for the GC version at the last minute[/quote]
Yeah, I've only used a guide to help me look for golden bugs, and that's pretty much it. It's funny though, I only needed help finding about 5 of them, I was able to obtain the rest by just wandering around.

I've yet to have a problem pulling off a shield attack or a spin attack, it's not complicated at all.

I'm still undecided of whether or not I want to hunt down 60 Poe souls, for those who have beat the game, do you start a brand new quest like usual, or do they still allow you to collect things? I just don't think I want to delay beating the main game while I collect 60 Poe Souls which will make getting unlimited rupees useless by the time I collect them all.

I havent beaten it but I'm sure that once you beat the game, you can't save and continue playing. You have to start from your last save...so you could always save before the final boss, beat the boss, then go back to that save file and get the rest. And man I cant believe I missed that...I went with the Bridge of Eldin broken till now. I noticed that there was something wrong when I was trying to get to
that ladder on south eldin bridge and couldnt cause I needed a ledge, which I thought was the statue
. So that solves that at least...man you sure gotta do alot of crap to get to the sky temple >

Oh and what the heck is Gerudo Mesa! Everyone talks about it but... is it by any chance the
Mirror of Twilight Portal?
?? Thats the only one I have in Gerudo Desert.

[quote name='Spades22']I havent beaten it but I'm sure that once you beat the game, you can't save and continue playing. You have to start from your last save...so you could always save before the final boss, beat the boss, then go back to that save file and get the rest. And man I cant believe I missed that...I went with the Bridge of Eldin broken till now. I noticed that there was something wrong when I was trying to get to
that ladder on south eldin bridge and couldnt cause I needed a ledge, which I thought was the statue
. So that solves that at least...man you sure gotta do alot of crap to get to the sky temple >

Ya no kidding...that was so boring and lame. The worst part though was the
hidden village and getting ilias memory back...almost fell asleep...that village sucks

I've thought long and hard about posting here until I beat the damn thing, but since I still have yet to find a Wii for myself, it seems that I won't be able to finish the game (unless I can rock it in the last two days on my fiancee's little sister's Wii that took 13 hours in line to obtain).

Although I don't understand how some people can hate on Zelda, I'm more than willing to not get into bitching about taste buds - I still don't really "feel" the Shadow of the Colossus, and I don't understand what the big deal is about Gears of War - it seems like a colossal bore, though I haven't played either for a long time, something I'm hoping to change whenever possible (definitely will play Shadow of the Colossus soon, don't flame me yet).

I'm waiting to collect some things before getting into the fifth and sixth dugeons, though I have no idea how to get to the seventh one. Those in the know probably can guess why I don't know, though I need no help.

I thought the game was solid until the fourth dungeon. After it, however, I'm ready to swear by the game. The new item (you either know or you don't need to know yet, I'm not a fan of that "spoiler" shit) is one of the coolest things I've ever seen, and the boss battle is beyond spectacular. I've been pretty much in complete dark concerning the introduction of new gameplay elements, since I pretty much assumed that as in any Zelda, there will be a boomerang, a hook-shot, bow and arrow, bombs, and other such nonsense.

Two thumbs up, based on the experience of every dungeon in the game so far.

And if I must address the graphics "debate," I will say this... I've seen flaws in the game, some of which are a bit more than just jaggies (the smoke sprites give some nasty artifacts on the screen) and yet what I can not understand is how amazingly superior is the look of the twighlight / "sense" environments - the blur and colors are amazing and spectacular. I mean that - those parts look great, and I don't understand how someone can be dissapointed with those graphics. I will, however, say, that the "overall" look of Hyrule is greatly lacking IN COMPARISON TO THE STRIKING BEAUTY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED ENVIRONMENTS.

The design approach, artistic decisions, and overall quality of all visual material in the game is beautifully pimp-tight-awesome. It takes a bit more than jaggies or sprite-rendering artifacts to get in the way of me seeing that.

FTW.

Ya the 4th dungeons boss was pretty good. Probably my 2nd favorite boss yet. My first I just beat...the 7th, City in the Sky, had a really fun boss. It felt like Shadow of the colossus a bit but was one of my favorite Zelda bosses I've played if not my favorite!! (Well, besides Ganon on Wind waker). Double Clawshot was sweet. The temple wasn't too great at all though...they could have done more with the clawshots I'd say. Probably one of if not the worst designed temples yet in my opinion. I mean the templs seem to be getting shorter since the 6th (Temple of Time)...But whatever still fun, just not AS fun. At least the boss makes up for the not as good temple. I saved right when I exited...and I'm guessing there will be an interesting cutscene when I go back to the Mirror Portal xD

I need help.

After defeating the skull kid, I was supposed to get poe soul #2 around where I beat him. However, I did not know that, and I left teleported away before getting it. Now, I need to get back to that room, but the giant wooden door is guarding me from getting there. Before, the skull kid would open the door for me, but I've defeated him. What should I do? I need the poe soul.

[quote name='Spades22']Ya the 4th dungeons boss was pretty good. Probably my 2nd favorite boss yet. My first I just beat...the 7th, City in the Sky, had a really fun boss. It felt like Shadow of the colossus a bit but was one of my favorite Zelda bosses I've played if not my favorite!! (Well, besides Ganon on Wind waker). Double Clawshot was sweet. The temple wasn't too great at all though...they could have done more with the clawshots I'd say. Probably one of if not the worst designed temples yet in my opinion. I mean the templs seem to be getting shorter since the 6th (Temple of Time)...But whatever still fun, just not AS fun. At least the boss makes up for the not as good temple. I saved right when I exited...and I'm guessing there will be an interesting cutscene when I go back to the Mirror Portal xD[/quote]you might want to add spoiler tags to your posts spades, i already beat the game but i'd be pretty pissed if i read this, use the tags in the top right with the angry face and a finger at his mouth, and put whatever you want as spoiler text between the

Just beat the fourth dungeon tonight... wow! Such a perilous place. The sense of danger in this game seems so much greater than in any Zeldas before, and that's saying something. And like others have mentioned, it's an incredible boss battle!

After beating it I went out on a couple more sidequests. Malo has been fully helped out now... don't wanna say much more, but he turns out to be the funniest character in the game. Glad he's there.

On a different subject, I think the comparisons to Shadow of the Colossus are a bit short-sighted. Yeah, there's the whole little-hero-vs-big-boss thing, but Zelda's been doing that for a good long while, technically going back to the very first one where Ganon was about three or four times the size of Link. Even recently with Wind Waker, the bosses were enormous and the overall scale of the game was daunting -- a mood heightened by Link being a small child in that game.

It would seem to me that Shadow of the Colossus borrowed heavily from Zelda, not vice versa.

I think the main part of the "Shadow of the colossus" feel comes from the stabbing of their eye or whatever... lol. (You know if you played those 2 dungeons)

And where are there spoilers in my other post? I read all about that kind of stuff before I started the game and I didnt notice anything that spoiled the game for me...

bread's done
Back