Official Mario Strikers Charged! Discussion and FCs

Ok so now i see only 2 people, Js1 and Jeffrie. Im beginning to think you have to both be connected at the same time in order to get rid of the "connecting" thing.

Heh, just played a guy who tried to use the Dry Bones deke to get past my goalie, but apparantly didn't know how to do it right, since he never even charged the ball.

going back to your post legendary. As soon as I score 10 goals+, in the last 30 secs i just let my opponent go off, and let him get some points in before the game ends.

I think its hilarious when that happens. Its a show off move, though easier to pull off than Toad's, and its great when the gator catches them. I like it when they go too far too and Dry Bones gets electricuted in the goal.

I haven't played in like a week but I have some down time tonight. I'll add everyone's FC who I missed, probably a lot by now.

Yeah, he didn't do it successfully at all. I played another guy that tried to do it with Toad the whole game, but always got caught. I showed the first guy how to do it right with Dry Bones, though. :lol:

I wish there would be a limit of 1 type of sidekick per team. no team full of boo's, dry bones, or toads.

I just played a top player, he had daisy with 3 boo's. His defense sucked, easy win for me. I am surprised he did not dc'd on me.

Ok here are the people whom I've recently added and probably have NOT yet added me back.
Daroga
Lebowsky
KhaosX
Ep2011
Legendaryhedgehog06
Io
js1
Bardiya
Yukine
CouRageous
seanr1221
Blaine
Rocko
EXStrike
Botticus

030172 514684

yukine, do you see me as connected, or am i still connecting? I've added everyone on the list already, and i see the names with connecting, but with only 2 connected.

Game wise, i just played someone with like a 2-30 record. I scored so many easy megastrikes on him that i felt kind of sorry, and let him get 10 points after i got 13.

[quote name='KhaosX']yukine, do you see me as connected, or am i still connecting? I've added everyone on the list already, and i see the names with connecting, but with only 2 connected.

Game wise, i just played someone with like a 2-30 record. I scored so many easy megastrikes on him that i felt kind of sorry, and let him get 10 points after i got 13.[/quote]

I have you added, and you're showing up as Connecting.

I'll hop on right now, lets see if we both need to be on at the same time.

So wait, you have to be on at the SAME time for this to register? LOL

I have KhaosX just pop up and says "Connected" does that mean we are now connected as friends--OR--he's just online right now?

Edit: I just went back and his says "NOT connected"..and everyone else is "Connecting"..so once I see people as "Not connected" that means we are confirmed as friends..but...just not online?

I actually just logged in and saw you online, before you left. I was just about to invite you to a game but you logged off. I guess both people need to be connected first in order to register as friends

LOL, yes sorry! I was just on there adding my friends FC. If both people have to be logged online at the same time for it to register, that's VERY lame. You don't even have to do that for DS games! You just have to register them, and sign onto WFC. Then they do the same and you're eventually connected..lol it even works that way for the Wii code!

You know, this game can be so damn frustratingly, cheaply difficult at times but its just so damn fun that you just can't put it down.

You're showing as Not Connected now, KhaosX.

I'm not sure how this works, as I've added a bunch of people and they were not on at the same time and still showed up as Not Connected.

Maybe a firewall on your end prevented it from showing us as connected, but that was bypassed when you're really connected? I don't know.

I'll be leaving my Mario Strikers connected to experiment whether or not we need to be connected at the same time, as I have a few people on my list that are showing as Connecting. So if I don't accept your invite, don't think I'm just being a jerk.

[quote name='yukine']You're showing as Not Connected now, KhaosX.

I'm not sure how this works, as I've added a bunch of people and they were not on at the same time and still showed up as Not Connected.

Maybe a firewall on your end prevented it from showing us as connected, but that was bypassed when you're really connected? I don't know.

I'll be leaving my Mario Strikers connected to experiment whether or not we need to be connected at the same time, as I have a few people on my list that are showing as Connecting. So if I don't accept your invite, don't think I'm just being a jerk.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think if it says NOT connected it means you ARE friends, but that person is not on.

When I checked, Khaos was the only person that said connected--and then said NOT connected. Everyone else (whom I suppose didn't add me yet) says "Connecting"

Connecting, you are not friends, and I believe you both must be added and on at the same time to become friends.

Not connected, you are confirmed friends but he is not online. Connected and, well, he's online.

I'm logged in now--not looking to play w/ anyone..but if anyone adds me.. now is the time to do so!

EDIT: Ok I am pretty confident and sure that you do NOT need to be online at the same time to register.
How do I know this?

I used my friends Mii and went online. I put my friend code on his friends list. I then logged out, put HIS friend code on my friends list. He then went online for a little bit to play some matches..I log back in and along with KhaosX, his name came up as "Not connected"..meaning he is my registered friend. Plus at your main WiFi screen.."Nintendo WFC Central" it says at the top underneath how many days/hours left in the season..says "0 out of 2 friends connected"

So clearly we were never online at the same time. Just have to do it the old fashioned way of putting in the FC..and just being online for it to register.

Yeah, I know what the difference is.

I'm just wondering why I can add a bunch of CAGs and they show up as Not Connected (as friends) but for others... like Khaos, it doesn't show us as friends until we're both on at the same time. I think it's a firewall issue, or something.

I assume you all have Wii Connect 24 on, correct? Maybe for the people not showing up as friends don't have it on, and thus we both need to be connected at the same time for it to register.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, I know what the difference is.

I'm just wondering why I can add a bunch of CAGs and they show up as Not Connected (as friends) but for others... like Khaos, it doesn't show us as friends until we're both on at the same time. I think it's a firewall issue, or something.

I assume you all have Wii Connect 24 on, correct? Maybe for the people not showing up as friends don't have it on, and thus we both need to be connected at the same time for it to register.[/QUOTE]

Are you on right now?
I'm on, and you're still connecting :(

[quote name='yukine']I was on, and it was showing you as online.[/QUOTE]

Damnit, my friend is playing now. I'll have to check it when he's done...so if you saw me online..then you should be connected now as a friend :D

Just had a game with some girl named Astrid who tried to Hammer spam me over and over.

I've FINALLY gotten the hang of how to deal with it. We split the first two games and I took the last game 1-0.

I have to admit--with the people I've played online, I was this close to selling the game. The more I play, though, the more I see how to deal with this crap, and the game gets better and better. When you play a close game with someone who doesn't use the cheap tactics, the game is phenomenal.

I'll add my friend code soon.

I had one guy that had Peach with a team of 3 Birdos. I easily dominated him with Diddy and Dry Bones, sicne his whole team was slow except Peach and those two are quick. And I took the ball from him easily by making him deke with Birdo, then stealing.

I'm out of town on business through Friday this week, but I took my copy of Strikers with me. I'm going to bring it over to a friend's house with a copy of my Mii on my Wiimote.

I'm wondering if I transfer my Mii to my friend's Wii if my record will remain intact or if the Mii data is tied to the Wii it was created on? Has anyone tried to use their Mii on another system with Strikers?

[quote name='lebowsky']I'm out of town on business through Friday this week, but I took my copy of Strikers with me. I'm going to bring it over to a friend's house with a copy of my Mii on my Wiimote.

I'm wondering if I transfer my Mii to my friend's Wii if my record will remain intact or if the Mii data is tied to the Wii it was created on? Has anyone tried to use their Mii on another system with Strikers?[/quote]

Nope, but give it a shot and tell us if it works.

[quote name='lilboo']I'm logged in now--not looking to play w/ anyone..but if anyone adds me.. now is the time to do so!

EDIT: Ok I am pretty confident and sure that you do NOT need to be online at the same time to register.
How do I know this?

I used my friends Mii and went online. I put my friend code on his friends list. I then logged out, put HIS friend code on my friends list. He then went online for a little bit to play some matches..I log back in and along with KhaosX, his name came up as "Not connected"..meaning he is my registered friend. Plus at your main WiFi screen.."Nintendo WFC Central" it says at the top underneath how many days/hours left in the season..says "0 out of 2 friends connected"

So clearly we were never online at the same time. Just have to do it the old fashioned way of putting in the FC..and just being online for it to register.[/quote]

Are both your Mii's on the same system? If so, thats probably why you didnt have to be on at the same time. The Wiiconnect24 seems like a feasible arguement. Mine is off, so i guess in the little time im playing online, it doesnt register people fast enough.

[quote name='KhaosX']Are both your Mii's on the same system? If so, thats probably why you didnt have to be on at the same time. The Wiiconnect24 seems like a feasible arguement. Mine is off, so i guess in the little time im playing online, it doesnt register people fast enough.[/quote]
Try keeping Wii Connect 24 on overnight, and see if it works.

I'm going to get on in a bit (as soon as I get my son to stop playing Mario Party 6 ;)) and add everyone else in the OP. I'll see what the status of the "Connecting..." people from last week are. I know Botticus and some others were still showing that way several days after I added them.

[quote name='snipegod']In the second round tournament series of V Man (V Man) vs. snipegod (DannyBoy), I won 2-0, 3-0.

Good games, V Man.[/QUOTE]
nicely played wall defense with dry bones.... haha i knew i shoulda practiced more... how the hell did you score from my goalie's lob pass!?! geezus you hit a lot, and all your lobs were connecting...
good game!

Lilboo, I've added you. My FC is in the OP.

I've added everyone, in fact, who has posted their FC, and these people still say "connecting":

pasteater
Craig
Hink
Groucho
Sean
Berg
konicki465
Alison
Rig
Tommy
Panasonic
Steve
J Buck
Blaine
SirFragalt
botticus

So, all you listed please add me to your friendlist. I always like a friendly game ... and perhaps a movie and spoon afterwards.

[quote name='V Man']nicely played wall defense with dry bones.... haha i knew i shoulda practiced more... how the hell did you score from my goalie's lob pass!?! geezus you hit a lot, and all your lobs were connecting...
good game![/QUOTE]

Yeah. The scoring from the goalie pass was something that I had seen happen to me a few times, so I wanted to try and implement it.

Thanks, man, and good games again!

[quote name='EXStrike']GG, lilboo. At least, I think that was you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was me! lol I'm not all that great yet.. :( But hey at least in the first round you didn't completely destroy me :) hooray for my 2 goals :D

I'm getting the hang of it more now, so I feel good about playing more people online!

I made runs at the Crystal Cup last night and failed. The first time I tried using my boys as thugs having them tackle people so I could get clear megastrikes. The problem is they didn't do it consistently enough and the CPU player had an unending supply of items and special abilities to use against us. We got to the semifinal match and lost.

Then I tried it by myself and had a much easier time getting through the qualifiers (I think I lost only one game). Then I breezed through the two macthes to get to Diddy Kong. One scary moment - I tried the trick lebowsky mentioned that is supposedly breaking online and I couldn't get it to work for the life of me. It seems impossible in fact. I ended up scoring a goal for the opponent while trying it which tied the score and I had to win in overtime.

Then Diddy Kong fucking blew me away. That cheap-ass Crystal Canyon field knocks everyone out then seems to give him free reign to megastrike all day long. I got my own off too - in one game I got FOUR megastrikes off and he blocked every fucking one of them! I couldn't believe it. I'll try it a few more times, but damn is it frustrating to have to play those 10 qualifiers every time. That was a HUGE design flaw in the game IMO. They are easy to get through but tedious. I'm usually having severe (wrist) pain by the time the finals start :lol:.

How exactly does his trick work? The goalie throws automatically after a while. Are you supposed to just pass it back and forth from player to goalie?

Edit: Just took down rank 603. Had something like 8x wins and 3x losses. Did a lot of lob passing. I ended up winning in OT in game 3 thanks to Diddy Kong's special- two of his players walked right into the beam and it gave me a clear shot at the goal with Birdo's skill shot. Woo!

[quote name='Rocko']How exactly does his trick work? The goalie throws automatically after a while. Are you supposed to just pass it back and forth from player to goalie?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I must have misunderstood as I find it impossible. Something about hiding behind the goalie, but obviously I don't know the specifics of it. The goalie moves right in front of the goal so there's no way to get behind him as far as I can tell.

Anyway, I hopped online to check out my friends list and many of the "Connecting..." have now, apparently, connected. I had 18 connected, and the following still connecting: CombatCraig, ep2011, konicki465, LegendaryHedgehog, and lyric706. If you guys haven't added me please do. I also added everyone else from the list in the OP (including you Rocko), so add me if you want.

I tried the challenges for the first time and did about 6 of them. I'm having a hard time with the "win by X" challenges - the ones where you play as Peach and Waluigi. If I could figure out how to control Waluigi it might help :lol:. The problem with these chalenges is they use characters that I've never played with before, but that's what makes them interesting.

[quote name='Rocko']Hmm, odd, as I have you added, io. You're still connecting, as well as probably 15 or so people. I have 10 connected.[/QUOTE]

Well I just added you (and the rest of the ones in the OP that weren't there early last week) late Sunday night, so that's no surprise. It will "connect" soon enough. It is quite clear that it happens when you aren't on (there seemed to be some question about that earlier) as I haven't hopped online with it in several days and I went from about 6 connected to 18 in that time.

[quote name='io']I dunno, I must have misunderstood as I find it impossible. Something about hiding behind the goalie, but obviously I don't know the specifics of it. The goalie moves right in front of the goal so there's no way to get behind him as far as I can tell.

Anyway, I hopped online to check out my friends list and many of the "Connecting..." have now, apparently, connected. I had 18 connected, and the following still connecting: CombatCraig, ep2011, konicki465, LegendaryHedgehog, and lyric706. If you guys haven't added me please do. I also added everyone else from the list in the OP (including you Rocko), so add me if you want.

I tried the challenges for the first time and did about 6 of them. I'm having a hard time with the "win by X" challenges - the ones where you play as Peach and Waluigi. If I could figure out how to control Waluigi it might help :lol:. The problem with these chalenges is they use characters that I've never played with before, but that's what makes them interesting.[/quote]
A couple of those CAGs are showing up as connecting for me as well, I'm wondering if it's because they haven't played in the past week or so? That way, the system doesn't know we have added them and vice versa.

bread's done
Back