Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

^^  That's funny because I don't think I ever didn't save the council.  Maybe once, but hell if I remember.  I still say ME1 is the best game of all time. 

Haven't played ME1 in so long, but had good memories then.  Mass Effect 2 has to be my favorite in the series.

Playing Andromeda recently, hopefully I can stay steady enough to finish it before jumping to another game.  Still other games I want to clear out my backlog.

ME1 really has not aged badly. The combat is lame compared to 2 and 3 and the inventory management is a nuisance. Other than that it's great. The character models and faces still look pretty damn good tbh.

^ Texture popping and slow elevators were the main cons from ME1. Later got patched but the game is still a bit buggy. Then yeah you have the combat system, which was heavily refined in ME2/3, and the saving system was a bit limited. (Although the area I'm stuck on in Andromeda shares this same auto-save limitation)

The pros though, amazing story, really good character development, good dialogue tree, a lot of exploration and customization/RPG skill tree/weapon/armor options/freedom. Very inventive new world/lore setup and player choice being the biggest draw for ME1. A lot of the issues ME1 had were technical though, working with a new engine and all, and were fixed and/ or refined in the sequels. I feel Andromeda is a good ME1 like remake and felt the sequels after that would have some great potential. Just sad that we might never see that. 

I'm sure there's no plans of just canning the IP altogether, want to say it still did well as far as sales.

Maybe it's my imagination but the load times in both ME1 and ME2 feel a lot shorter on the Bone.

As for future ME, I'm consoling myself that they're still producing novels, and Casey Hudson is back at BioWare. They haven't abandoned the brand, at least that's what I'm telling myself. I wouldn't bet on another Andromeda game though, if there's another game it'll be back in the Milky Way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's my imagination but the load times in both ME1 and ME2 feel a lot shorter on the Bone.

As for future ME, I'm consoling myself that they're still producing novels, and Casey Hudson is back at BioWare. They haven't abandoned the brand, at least that's what I'm telling myself. I wouldn't bet on another Andromeda game though, if there's another game it'll be back in the Milky Way.
Not necessarily having the utmost confidence that Casey Hudson is back as I felt some things which he managed were handled poorly. Whatever Bioware decides to do next though, it's a sure thing they have to have a hit out of the park to even contend with the average RPG/Action gamer now.

I think it's good that Casey is back.  He clearly has nostalgia for the series as it was his baby.  If nothing else, I can see him nurturing more by the way of books or comics or maybe even our mythical remasters. 

Honestly, if I have a dream scenario right now, it'd be short AAA Indie style ME games in the vein of Senua Hellblade or whatever that game by Ninja Theory is called.  Think 8 to 12 hours in playtime, high production values using already established tools, hell....use the ME3 toolset even.  And then tell shorter stories, maybe some first contact war content, maybe some of Garrus as Arch Angel, maybe some of Kaiden/Ashley as a Spectre, Anderson fighting in London during ME3, etc.  Introduce us to a new character or two perhaps?  Each would be smaller and more intimate, but I'd buy each and every one of them at $30 a pop. 

Anthem delayed to 2019. I'm not against Anthem (I love Destiny), but it worries me that BioWare seems to be betting the farm on it, and it'll be years before we get another Dragon Age, and many more years before we get more Mass Effect, if ever.

Tomorrow is N7 day, boys and girls. Keep expectations low, but remember the excellent times we've had. That's what this day is for.
They actually just released an X1X enhanced patch for Andromeda in the last 24 hours. Not much, but considering I was expecting nothing, it's fine with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Andromeda novel, a new Tempest model, and a vague "We love Mass Effect and there will be another game someday, maybe" video from Bioware. Pretty blah N7 Day. :/

The new Andromeda novel, a new Tempest model, and a vague "We love Mass Effect and there will be another game someday, maybe" video from Bioware. Pretty blah N7 Day. :/
Yeah, but really what could we have expected today? I kept my expectations rock bottom. I guess a special bonus N7 theme kit or something like that for Anthem would've been cool, but there appears to be so much customization we can make our own N7 themes.

I didn't love Andromeda, but that Tempest model is sick. Worth the $250, I think.

bread's done
Back