Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Deals go in Deals, no matter if it's platform exclusive or not. If this is kept updated quick, I expect this thread will be a winner.

Just throwing in my two cents.

Too many CAGs flamed the OP, even bringing up his 2004 status. You guys need to lighten up because he's doing you all a favor. As long as he keeps this thread semi-updated along the Wii Points and PSN Card threads, I'm all for it. :applause:

P.S. Kidding about the Wii and PSN stuff. ;)

Appreciate the thread =)

Keep it up today, Im sure it'll be on fire if another $20/25 12 Month Live pops up again.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']So anything that is system specific should be put in their respective forums?

If this is actually updated, this thread would be very useful. Adding in PSN and Nintendo points deals wouldn't hurt either.[/QUOTE]

But does just one (ok a few that are pretty much the same) product (that isn't brand new) warrant its own thread? If that is the case then we should start having new threads for every game, point card/time cards, accessories, and etc. All that would do is clutter up the forum with a lot of unnecessary threads and probably 90% of them wouldn't actually have deals in them, much like this one with the always amazon price of Xbox Live Points.

That is not to say this thread is a bad idea, but over only one product is sort of is. And since there isn't any big "deal" besides what amazon normally prices them going on right now it doesn't really seem to fit the whole "Post Deals". I could understand posting this (to update over time) if there was a big deal (like stolen amazon codes or what not) and then keeping the thread going after that, but just randomly starting one doesn't seem to make as much sense.

We could post so many amazon "deals" because so many of their things are $3 less than the MSRP.

Again, I like the idea, but the execution needs work.

Go OP. Hold this thread strong. I'll be needing some points and a new subscription card pretty soon.

[quote name='bfg9k']A stickied thread with microsoft, sony and nintendo point deals would be even more awesome :)[/QUOTE]

agreed. doesn't deserve a sticky unless it covers everything

OK, so post the deals on PSN and Nintendo points then. The OP was interested in Microsoft points (and Live). Why are we asking him to do it all? He never said he was going to. If you want a thread for those systems, make them! Or just post your finds here, and perhaps they'll add them to the OP.

Other than the Wal-Mart clearance have Wii Points ever been on sale? Same for PSN, other than the odd, Meijer 10% off deal (which is quite limited to most not in range of a store), have they ever gone on sale?

On the flipside you can count on at least 3-4 average deals on Xbox points a year, and usually 1 great deal per year.

I don't recall too many deals on Nintendo points either. I don't know about PSN as I don't have a PSP nor PS3, so haven't followed that. What I find comical (or not) is that Amazon has a price of $19.99 for Nintendo Points, but lists the original price as $24.99. What bullshit. $19.99 has always been the retail price.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't recall too many deals on Nintendo points either. I don't know about PSN as I don't have a PSP nor PS3, so haven't followed that. What I find comical (or not) is that Amazon has a price of $19.99 for Nintendo Points, but lists the original price as $24.99. What bullshit. $19.99 has always been the retail price.[/QUOTE]

yeah the price IS $20 so you aint saving jack-

they just want those who dont know (some parents) to think their saving $5--how gamestop of them

[quote name='Corvin']Other than the Wal-Mart clearance have Wii Points ever been on sale? Same for PSN, other than the odd, Meijer 10% off deal (which is quite limited to most not in range of a store), have they ever gone on sale?[/QUOTE]

I believe I have heard people have been successful buying at least wii points at bestbuy with the 10% off coupons (12% for silver members) that get mailed out every couple of months.

[quote name='crunchewy'] What I find comical (or not) is that Amazon has a price of $19.99 for Nintendo Points, but lists the original price as $24.99. What bullshit. $19.99 has always been the retail price.[/QUOTE]

Whats funny is that if you read the reviews Amazon was selling the $20 card for the full $24.99 for awhile. So apparently they make their own retail price for wii points.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess they did that (sold at $24.99 for a short time) so that they could then list the original price as $24.99? Either way it's a pretty crappy move.

I know I've been able to get Nintendo Points from Fred Meyer when the 20% accessories comes around. I think I had in the past at TRU. Never seen a discount outside of the Target $19 Sunday ad for PSN money.

I agree thanks for this!
1.gif

a little fyi to those that were all over the Micro Center sale with 3-month XBL cards for $7.99 and $9.99, they're back to full retail now. i saw one today a local MS, and they scan for $14.99...

[quote name='sunfiredragon']I've gotta agree with the yay-sayers. This thread is much needed and much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Most people don't check these big threads. I feel individual deals should be posted in the Deals forum, not lost in an enormous, over-arching thread.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I disagree. Most people don't check these big threads. I feel individual deals should be posted in the Deals forum, not lost in an enormous, over-arching thread.[/QUOTE]

I feel that it can go either way. If there is a deal thread on x, then people know where to go to post and find those deals. Individual threads can get lost pretty fast. On the other hand, if you have a huge deal thread on x, the terminally anal will complain that all deals about x must be posted in that huge thread.

[quote name='mogamer']I feel that it can go either way. If there is a deal thread on x, then people know where to go to post and find those deals. Individual threads can get lost pretty fast. On the other hand, if you have a huge deal thread on x, the terminally anal will complain that all deals about x must be posted in that huge thread.[/QUOTE]

Also true. There's no pleasing everybody.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Also true. There's no pleasing everybody anybody.[/QUOTE]Sorry, fixed that for you.

There's people that will complain about the large monolithic threads and CAGs that will complain about the individual threads.

As long as the deal is being posted somewhere, we benefit. The large threads can give you some good comparisons to pick from, which is a benefit.

Hey not sure if anyone posted this yet but I just saw that Amazon has the 1600 XBOX point cards for 15.96. Hopefully they price match Walmart's $30 12-month cards.

[quote name='shrike4242']
As long as the deal is being posted somewhere, we benefit. The large threads can give you some good comparisons to pick from, which is a benefit.[/QUOTE]

I feel exactly the same way. If the thread isn't a sticky or wasn't started by someone with authority (like CheapyD), then deals should be posted without regard if there is a master thread or not.

And besides all of the retailer master threads sink into flipping threads which discourage people who only want to get their games cheap.

[quote name='shieryda']12-month cards are down to $30 on Amazon again! GO! GO! GO![/QUOTE]

Just bought another one, SCORE!.

having read this entire thread, i love the turn around time from this thread being a general consensus 'fuckING AWFUL IDEA' to everyone thinking it's one of the most necessary additions to the CAG forum in years.

for the record, i am of the opinion that this thread rules, even if they aren't on sale often. and i just might have to bite on the 12 month-er at walmart. thanks op!

[quote name='dmzauk']Do you have to pay with paypal to get the bing cashback?[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anything indicating I needed to - guess I'll see :D

bread's done
Back