Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you use an amazon gift card when you buy a points code on amazon? Not the actual card but the online game code version. I need some points for duke nukem and I have the credit but some of the reviews say it cant be used and I cant remember if when you click the buy button if it automatically charges you or if theres an order page.

Amazon has 4000 point card 39.99
Was going to start thread,but didn't know if I should.Don't know how long this is going to last,seems a very good deal.Hope people see it

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered the 4,000 points off Amazon, thanks. That will be helpful for the March release schedule, though it won't arrive for Borderlands DLC tomorrow; so I may end up buying another $10 worth as well, since I can't wait a day, haha.

[quote name='genfuyung']Can you use an amazon gift card when you buy a points code on amazon? Not the actual card but the online game code version. I need some points for duke nukem and I have the credit but some of the reviews say it cant be used and I cant remember if when you click the buy button if it automatically charges you or if theres an order page.[/QUOTE]

You can't buy a code but you can buy the physical card.

Aren't the past deals of $15 for a 1600 point card (MSRP=$20) better than this $40 for a 4000 point card (MSRP=$50)?

$15/$20 = $0.75 (so you pay $0.75 for every 80 MS points)
$40/$50 = $0.80 (so you pay $0.80 for every 80 MS points)

Bottom Line: paying $40 for 4000 MS points is not as good as paying $15 for 1600 MS points.

[quote name='VidPower']Aren't the past deals of $15 for a 1600 point card (MSRP=$20) better than this $40 for a 4000 point card (MSRP=$50)?

$15/$20 = $0.75 (so you pay $0.75 for every 80 MS points)
$40/$50 = $0.80 (so you pay $0.80 for every 80 MS points)

Bottom Line: paying $40 for 4000 MS points is not as good as paying $15 for 1600 MS points.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I haven't seen one in over a year.

[quote name='kburns10']Costco has a monster deal with the subscription and points combo![/QUOTE]
And that deal would be...what?

Great timing! My sub was just about to run out too...nabbed the 12 month, sad that I missed the 4k point card though. :(

Is the Amazon deal for a code via e-mail ?
If it's not is there such a way to order just a code for a 12 mo. from a reliable source?

Also there is bing cashback for buy.com. 4 to 7%. I don't know if you get 4, 7 or something in between, but it's at least 4%. Go to bing.com and then put this into the address bar and hit return:

javascript:void(eval("document.writeln('Buy.com');"))

[quote name='shieryda']Can you get free shipping (with Prime) from individual sellers?[/QUOTE]

Only if they sent the card into Amazon's wherehouse and amazon ships it. In those cases, it'll say prime eligible.

I don't know if anyone posted this but if you have a silver account on XBL and sign into it you can get 2 months for the price of 1($7.99) and you can a riot shield item for your avatar. It should be under the spotlight section on your dashboard.

They seem to be out of stock, but I've ordered from ProVantage before and they are fine. However, I'm not sure I recommend the Messenger Gold Pack anyway. Project Gotham Racing 4 is pretty mediocre to lousy (I hated all the "kudos" crap, in particular parts where you had to get kudos to proceed. Annoying.) The chat pad is also of dubious purpose. It's big and bulky and rarely needed, especially since when you do need a keyboard, you can plug a USB keyboard into the 360 and use that (or so I'm told - I didn't know that before buying the Messenger Gold Pack and haven't actually tried a USB keyboard myself, but if it works, that would certainly be a lot easier and faster to type on.) It is sometimes handy, but most of the time I just want the humongous thing off the controller, so it's convenience isn't all that really.

[quote name='crunchewy']They seem to be out of stock, but I've ordered from ProVantage before and they are fine. However, I'm not sure I recommend the Messenger Gold Pack anyway. Project Gotham Racing 4 is pretty mediocre to lousy (I hated all the "kudos" crap, in particular parts where you had to get kudos to proceed. Annoying.) The chat pad is also of dubious purpose. It's big and bulky and rarely needed, especially since when you do need a keyboard, you can plug a USB keyboard into the 360 and use that (or so I'm told - I didn't know that before buying the Messenger Gold Pack and haven't actually tried a USB keyboard myself, but if it works, that would certainly be a lot easier and faster to type on.) It is sometimes handy, but most of the time I just want the humongous thing off the controller, so it's convenience isn't all that really.[/QUOTE]

Provantage is back in stock now. My screen shows 760 copies in stock.

[quote name='Brother Daz']For those who have not seen the Kmart thread for $10 off a $20 or more coupon, it works on MS points. I picked up a 1600 point card for $10 today. You need to add a little something to your order to make it over $20. I'm sure it'll work on live subs. also

Coupon in this thread
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255636[/QUOTE]

K-Mart is kinda far but for $10 1600pts I might have to make a trip. Can you use multiple coupons on one transaction?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']K-Mart is kinda far but for $10 1600pts I might have to make a trip. Can you use multiple coupons on one transaction?[/QUOTE]
No it has to be different transactions.

just don't expect that KMart coupon deal to last long before they pull the plug on it. i know people have posted that they got refused when they tried to use it recently, and just because we got away with it at Target two years ago doesn't mean that we will get away with it at KMart after they catch on...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']just don't expect that KMart coupon deal to last long before they pull the plug on it. i know people have posted that they got refused when they tried to use it recently, and just because we got away with it at Target two years ago doesn't mean that we will get away with it at KMart after they catch on...[/QUOTE]

Under what legitimate context can they refuse? Doesn't the coupon scan? If it does, there's no reason why it should be a discretionary decision.

The only time they can refuse is if it requires a manual override. I'd raise an enormous fuss if it scanned and they wouldn't allow the sale.

[quote name='crunchewy']They seem to be out of stock, but I've ordered from ProVantage before and they are fine. However, I'm not sure I recommend the Messenger Gold Pack anyway. Project Gotham Racing 4 is pretty mediocre to lousy (I hated all the "kudos" crap, in particular parts where you had to get kudos to proceed. Annoying.) The chat pad is also of dubious purpose. It's big and bulky and rarely needed, especially since when you do need a keyboard, you can plug a USB keyboard into the 360 and use that (or so I'm told - I didn't know that before buying the Messenger Gold Pack and haven't actually tried a USB keyboard myself, but if it works, that would certainly be a lot easier and faster to type on.) It is sometimes handy, but most of the time I just want the humongous thing off the controller, so it's convenience isn't all that really.[/QUOTE]
I think you are missing the point. It's only $3 more dollars than buying a 12 month subscription card and you basically are getting a free game and messenger pad. My subscription runs out on the 25th so I am all over this deal. I already have a messenger pad and PGR4 is an alright game, but chances are I'll take my old messenger pad and PGR4 over to my local DiscReplay and trade them in and buy a blu-ray or something.

[quote name='GuardianE']Under what legitimate context can they refuse? Doesn't the coupon scan? If it does, there's no reason why it should be a discretionary decision.

The only time they can refuse is if it requires a manual override. I'd raise an enormous fuss if it scanned and they wouldn't allow the sale.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly it was supposed to be limited to the NY area but isn't mentioned on the coupon.

[quote name='Corvin']Supposedly it was supposed to be limited to the NY area but isn't mentioned on the coupon.[/QUOTE]

It now appears that there are 3 areas designed for use of the coupon: New York City, Chicago and Long Island. There are 3 different coupons which correspond to one of each of those areas.

[quote name='Sigma']I think you are missing the point. It's only $3 more dollars than buying a 12 month subscription card and you basically are getting a free game and messenger pad. My subscription runs out on the 25th so I am all over this deal. I already have a messenger pad and PGR4 is an alright game, but chances are I'll take my old messenger pad and PGR4 over to my local DiscReplay and trade them in and buy a blu-ray or something.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but 12 month subscriptions aren't really $50, at least not if you do even the most minimal shopping around. Amazon has it for $40 now, and it's been as low as $30 recently. I got a 12-month for, effectively after bing cashback, about $25 from walmart.com a short time back. So you're paying some $15 more for it going with amazon's current price, and given recent deals, you've overpaid by as much as $30.

Posted in the other thread, but I totally got a 1600 pt card with the K-Mart coupon an hour ago. Needed a manual override, but still good in Buffalo.

[quote name='Juese']Posted in the other thread, but I totally got a 1600 pt card with the K-Mart coupon an hour ago. Needed a manual override, but still good in Buffalo.[/QUOTE]

Going in a couple hours to try here in Chicago.

[quote name='Juese']Posted in the other thread, but I totally got a 1600 pt card with the K-Mart coupon an hour ago. Needed a manual override, but still good in Buffalo.[/QUOTE]

Ah, it needs a manual override? That makes it much more YMMV than I originally thought.

I'm going to KM to try the coupon in the next 30 min. I will post on here if it still works.

I got 1 1600 point card yesterday with it. Need one more for the current XBLA promo.

[quote name='sdcranford']I'm going to KM to try the coupon in the next 30 min. I will post on here if it still works.

I got 1 1600 point card yesterday with it. Need one more for the current XBLA promo.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea. Consider $10 1600 points cards with coupon + 400 points back, it will cost roughly 1200 points for all Block party titles:

1200 - Scrap Metal
1200 - Toy Soldiers
800 - Perfect Dark

3200 points = $20 (Kmart 1600 point cards x2 with coupon) + get 400 points ($5) back. Sweet.

Deal is dead at Kearney St KM in Spfld, MO. Went to get a MS 1600 pt card and as I was walking to cashier in electronics a mgr came in and said not to accept a certain coupon. I walked by the counter and there was a copy of the coupon with "DO NOT ACCEPT" written and highlighted at the top.

Just tried a couple K-marts in Dayton, Oh and both times the coupon was declined. At one of the stores in Beavercreek they took the coupon from me after trying to use it.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Just tried a couple K-marts in Dayton, Oh and both times the coupon was declined. At one of the stores in Beavercreek they took the coupon from me after trying to use it.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read the message from corporate tells the store to confiscate the coupon!

bread's done
Back