Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought 2 cards. I had a $10 VGC from something (what, I'm not sure), so for 3,200 points, the total was $23.08. Not bad. Thanks for posting that.

[quote name='azngtlman']Amazon just dropped the price by a $1 on the 1600 point cards. $16.54[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. Ordered one. Might get two more once I get my $20 RDR gift card and if the price stays the same.

Still waiting for the XBL membership to drop to $29.99 like it did in March 09 or was it February? I forget but I'm still hoping I'm good till August!

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Still waiting for the XBL membership to drop to $29.99 like it did in March 09 or was it February? I forget but I'm still hoping I'm good till August![/QUOTE]

I remember that deal. I bought like 2-3 years that time easy. I'm paid for Live till late 2012 thanks to that.

[quote name='agentcoop007']For those in the NW with a Fred Meyer close by, they have a 15% off Video Game accessories coupon until the 15th. I always use these for MS points :)[/QUOTE]

:shock: had no idea you could use those for point cards :bouncy:

[quote name='Pojomofo']:shock: had no idea you could use those for point cards :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yeah been using those Video Game accessories coupons on points for years. (I try to never buy points without using one)
Funny enough the last time I did the cashier in the video game department didn't think it would work, but scanned it and was happy to see it working.

DAAAY-UMM!
I might have to jump on this finally.
_
UUHHH… you sure 'bout that?
_
Oh! You mean from Buy.com. Gotcha!

[quote name='Pojomofo']Want to know how much I fail at being a CAG? I have been on auto-renew at $49.99 for the past 3 years :cry:[/QUOTE]I think that's CAG Newbie status for life but I'm not sure... ;)

FYI, the $34.49 at Amazon is through buy.com, they're charging me tax (California), free shipping though, still a decent enough deal. I've still got a free one month card from getting my RROD fixed again, so I think I can hold out a bit more. I miss the days of 12+1 month cards.

[quote name='WhytePanther']FYI, the $34.49 at Amazon is through buy.com, they're charging me tax (California), free shipping though, still a decent enough deal. I've still got a free one month card from getting my RROD fixed again, so I think I can hold out a bit more. I miss the days of 12+1 month cards.[/QUOTE]

Good catch. They're $37.35 (free shipping, no tax) through Amazon right now, though.

anyone know if there is a way to get zune marketplace video to upscale? i usually buy my tv shows on ps3 because the sd version looks great. but with ms points always on sale for less than msrp i'm thinking of going that route.

[quote name='Zmonkay']New live sub deal on my dash: 4 months for 9.99. Think I might jump on it (and be sure to turn off auto-renew :D )[/QUOTE]

You might want to hold off on that. I jumped on it about 1-hour ago and went to check to make sure I got the extra month but to my surprise found I only had 3 months. I then promptly called xbox customer support and have been on the phone since. I have gotten nowhere so far and no one seems to know of this promotion.

By the way the promotion I clicked on in the spotlight said it was 3 months for 9.99 plus 1 month free as part of a limited time offer sponsored by Jack Links beef jerky.

Update: Finally, got somewhere. The tech told me he was sending this to upper management and said I would get a call within the next 24-72 hours which better result in them giving me that 1 extra month.

Update 2: They called and said that the extra month won't be added for another 2-4 weeks when the promotion ends.

Hey guys when you buy the points on amazon do they just give you the code or they send you the actual card? it would be sooo much faster if they just gave codes

[quote name='Trojann']Hey guys when you buy the points on amazon do they just give you the code or they send you the actual card? it would be sooo much faster if they just gave codes[/QUOTE]

They have both as an option. However, the instant points are not on-sale, only the retail cards are.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']They have both as an option. However, the instant points are not on-sale, only the retail cards are.[/QUOTE]
Ughhh thats lame how much is it total with shipping and tax??

[quote name='jedi_dad']are those coupons available in store? I don't have access to a printer right now.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it as I have never seen them in store.

[quote name='reddjoey']I doubt it as I have never seen them in store.[/QUOTE]

seriously...thanks for posting those coupons. I was able to print them out. the manager had to authorize the $10 off XBL because the only card they had was the MW2 themed one. I also used the $25 giftcard from the Tuesday Red Dead Redemption deal.

if only XBL cost me $15 per year every year. that would be sweet.

thanks again.

[quote name='Mako1215']Got one XBL Live from Amazon for the GF. Now I get to pick her Gamertag hahahaha[/QUOTE]
No offense, well probably, take this as offensive
You're going to pick her gamertag? Is she a "girlfriend"? Do you also go and pick her purse and shoes for her?

[quote name='Morphx2']Anyone wanna buy my 1600 card? I've had it sitting unopened for around 2 months :\ $16?[/QUOTE]PM sent.

it's been mentioned before been around for almost a week and still no PM from Amazon (they PM'd the initial $16.54). the shipping charges also kill the deal at Walmart.

bread's done
Back