Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sadboy']Craz-AY. Like, how many points do people here normally stock up? You crazy CAG-people, you.[/QUOTE]

We are stocking up for the end of the world my friend :lol:

[quote name='sadboy']Craz-AY. Like, how many points do people here normally stock up? You crazy CAG-people, you.[/QUOTE]
I usually like to have 2000 points on my account for just in case moments but constantly hunt for deals.

Right now I would be happier to have 6000 instead of the 4000 I have right now... The summer looks like its going to be huge.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I usually like to have 2000 points on my account for just in case moments but constantly hunt for deals.

Right now I would be happier to have 6000 instead of the 4000 I have right now... The summer looks like its going to be huge.[/QUOTE]
The main problem I have with stocking up points is, it's easy to lose track of how much I spend. Either that, or the marketplace items are just a bit too prolific and/or expensive. So, I've primarily resigned myself to buying items (in particular, XBLA games) when they're on sale.

[quote name='sadboy']The main problem I have with stocking up points is, it's easy to lose track of how much I spend. Either that, or the marketplace items are just a bit too prolific and/or expensive. So, I've primarily resigned myself to buying items (in particular, XBLA games) when they're on sale.[/QUOTE]

Oh, just because I stock up on points doesn't mean I don't like a good sale... ;)

Many a games I was really interested in I passed on till they went on sale because they where just too expensive... but I always have hope and a number of titles look amazing this year.

I usually just put points on my account when I need em for a certain game (silly me), but I wish the points deal had come along a little quicker. How long are these inventory blow out deals supposed to last? There's 2 or 3 I want, but I can live with paying full price points for the sale prices.

[quote name='sadboy']Just a heads up:

Xbox 360 Live 1600 Points are currently $16.54 at Amazon. Unfortunately, there's a one limit cap on how many you can purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Bought one.

I'm trying to prepare for the Summer of Arcade... Definitely want Castlevania and Hydro Thunder. We'll see about the others.

[quote name='Moltres423']...They discounted the card itself but not the code? That's stupid. Was going to bite on the 16.54 but not on a 20.00 code... =/[/QUOTE]

...What?

[quote name='Moltres423']...They discounted the card itself but not the code? That's stupid. Was going to bite on the 16.54 but not on a 20.00 code... =/[/QUOTE]

Well some people can't wait and you have to pay more for instant gratification :)

Oooh I didnt even know you could buy the instant code. Gotcha. Anyway, it probably has to do with the fact that it is a retail unit and not a directly-distributed code or something to that effect.

[quote name='Moltres423']Well with a XBL sale ending in 2 days I'd rather not wait for points ;p[/QUOTE]

Agreed. As much as I want a good deal on points, I also wanted to be able to get a good deal on arcade games while I could. Lose one to gain one I guess.

[quote name='erikatwelve']have you guys ever tried buying those 8000 points live card on ebay or off sellers when you google it? whats the catch?[/QUOTE]
I think that they are usually stolen accounts, which the thief tries to sell for a profit after buying the points with a stolen Credit Card. I would not recommend it, unless it is an offer for two 4000 point cards/codes or something like that. I doubt it. Do not buy it!

I stopped buying stuff from questionable vendors a long time ago.

Most of the time, cheap or free ends up being far too expensive.

[quote name='Moltres423']http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live-1600-Points-Online/dp/B001V7QIDO

Click online game code. The price is 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I could never understand why the instant code, which requires them to do nothing except have their computers send an email, is always more expensive than having them hire someone to take a card off a shelf, pack it in a box, and ship it to my house.

And at that price, I'd be better off just buying it directly from Microsoft, rather than using Amazon as a middleman. Guess it might be good for kids who need instant gratification (and parents who don't want to tie their credit card to said kid's xbox live account)... but otherwise, what's the point?

I just tried it 5 minutes ago - same as Gorregisguy - Message saying it expired 6/26.

If it it worked for you an hour ago you must have got it in literally the last minute El Swordo

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Dunno if it's been mentioned but the $15 off code on Gamestop.com works on points (you gotta buy $75 worth though).[/QUOTE]

Interesting - the $10 codes work with points too. You can get 1600 points for 9.99 (+ tax / ship) if you need to burn some of those codes.

[quote name='handsomepete']Interesting - the $10 codes work with points too. You can get 1600 points for 9.99 (+ tax / ship) if you need to burn some of those codes.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks for the heads up! I had 3 I was just sitting on. 13.92 for 1600 points is not a bad deal at all. Now I've got one 4000 pt card and 5 1600 point cards though... Rock Band better start pumping out some better DLC than the past couple weeks ASAP :D

[quote name='handsomepete']Interesting - the $10 codes work with points too. You can get 1600 points for 9.99 (+ tax / ship) if you need to burn some of those codes.[/QUOTE]

I may be blind and just not seeing it, but what/where is this $10 code? 50% off XBL points would be nice. :D

[quote name='Pyramid Head']I may be blind and just not seeing it, but what/where is this $10 code? [/QUOTE]

I'd also like a heads up on this $10 code.

I Think the $10 code everyone is speaking of is from when they had all the deals where you order a game you get a $10 code to be used on games.

the $10 off code @ gs.com mentioned is from the ufc 2010 promotion when they were giving them out. I tried to do the 1600 point code with this but didn't work but i'll try again and hope it'll go through this time..

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think the $10 code everyone is speaking of is from when they had all the deals where you order a game you get a $10 code to be used on games.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the clarification :)

[quote name='intoxicated662']the $10 off code @ gs.com mentioned is from the ufc 2010 promotion when they were giving them out. I tried to do the 1600 point code with this but didn't work but i'll try again and hope it'll go through this time..[/QUOTE]

Yea, it did not work earlier for me too, but I just ordered it with the ufc $10 off code. $13.98 with shipping and tax.

I'm starting to think I should have bought something else to make the total at $25 or a bit over $25 and use SAVER to save the $3 on shipping. Not sure if that combo will work though ($10 off code and SAVER code)

[quote name='intoxicated662']the $10 off code @ gs.com mentioned is from the ufc 2010 promotion when they were giving them out. I tried to do the 1600 point code with this but didn't work but i'll try again and hope it'll go through this time..[/QUOTE]

I tried to use one that I got in the email, and email does say $10 off, but when I put it in it said 10% off :joystick:

[quote name='Quintox']I tried to use one that I got in the email, and email does say $10 off, but when I put it in it said 10% off :joystick:[/QUOTE]

yea, same with me too :'(

on the plus side, the code that they gave with the B1G2 glitch combines well with other coupons...

[quote name='[email protected]']yea, same with me too :'(

on the plus side, the code that they gave with the B1G2 glitch combines well with other coupons...[/QUOTE]
Is this code from the B1G2 glitch you speak of universal? I just inherited my brother's Xbox 360 and I'm in desperate need of some Microsoft Points.

[quote name='Quintox']I tried to use one that I got in the email, and email does say $10 off, but when I put it in it said 10% off :joystick:[/QUOTE]

I think you're supposed to contact customer service to have them correct the code after ordering, I've never done it though, can anyone confirm or provide further details?

Funny thing after ordering the 1600 point card

Got an email from GS saying that my credit card was declined, but I used my edge card with credit on it. Order is still verifying.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Yea, it did not work earlier for me too, but I just ordered it with the ufc $10 off code. $13.98 with shipping and tax.

I'm starting to think I should have bought something else to make the total at $25 or a bit over $25 and use SAVER to save the $3 on shipping. Not sure if that combo will work though ($10 off code and SAVER code)[/QUOTE]

I have the $10 off UFC code, and it isn't taking anything off of point cards.

May have just been a temporary glitch. I had 3 10.00 off coupons from random orders over the past year or so. I've tried in the past to apply them to points cards, and they wouldn't work. They only worked on games and accessories 19.99 or higher. When I read on here they were working, I just added a 1600 points card to my cart, put in the coupon code, and checked out. SAVER didn't stack, so I had to pay like 2.50 shipping, but final checkout price (3 separate orders) were all 13.92, all of which have shipped.

Resonance of Fate is really tempting but I'm not sure if I should get the 360 version as the PS3 version is out of stock.

Not that I have time to play this anyway. ;-)

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Funny thing after ordering the 1600 point card

Got an email from GS saying that my credit card was declined, but I used my edge card with credit on it. Order is still verifying.[/QUOTE]

May or may not be related, but I made an order for a game and a gift card and applied one of the $10 coupons (paid with Edge). My order was canceled later in the day with that same credit card declined message. After going back and forth with customer service for a few days, I finally got the explanation that their system won't process "gift card orders paid for with gift cards".

I suspect that someone manually activates the gift cards (since they have to be scanned before they're valid) and that someone cancels orders that look funny. Maybe they do the same thing with points cards? I think some people have gotten those kinds of orders through, so who knows.

[quote name='myiamoto']I have the $10 off UFC code, and it isn't taking anything off of point cards.[/QUOTE]

It didn't work for me either at first, but I just kept trying like a few hours after the first try and it worked. Try clearing your cart of anything. Wait a few hours, open your browser, go to GS.com, and add it to cart.

[quote name='handsomepete']May or may not be related, but I made an order for a game and a gift card and applied one of the $10 coupons (paid with Edge). My order was canceled later in the day with that same credit card declined message. After going back and forth with customer service for a few days, I finally got the explanation that their system won't process "gift card orders paid for with gift cards".

I suspect that someone manually activates the gift cards (since they have to be scanned before they're valid) and that someone cancels orders that look funny. Maybe they do the same thing with points cards? I think some people have gotten those kinds of orders through, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

Possible, still waiting for a response from GS

[quote name='Gabrius']Does gamestop.com charge tax on point cards?[/QUOTE]

I got charged, everything I bought online through GS.com with credit, I have paid tax.

You can contact them, since some people were able to get GCs in the mail of the tax they paid with credit.

[quote name='handsomepete']May or may not be related, but I made an order for a game and a gift card and applied one of the $10 coupons (paid with Edge). My order was canceled later in the day with that same credit card declined message. After going back and forth with customer service for a few days, I finally got the explanation that their system won't process "gift card orders paid for with gift cards".

I suspect that someone manually activates the gift cards (since they have to be scanned before they're valid) and that someone cancels orders that look funny. Maybe they do the same thing with points cards? I think some people have gotten those kinds of orders through, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

My purchase with the $10 coupon and payment of 13.9x with credit has gone through and was shipped yesterday, no email.

bread's done
Back