Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't you include info about bing points? Free MS points and they're easy to get too.. I already racked up 800 in a short amount of time.

Starting Sunday, January 30, 1600 point cards will be $17.99 at Best Buy. Not much saving, but every little bit helps.

[quote name='Deezul']Starting Sunday, January 30, 1600 point cards will be $17.99 at Best Buy. Not much saving, but every little bit helps.[/QUOTE]

Link? Wish it was PSN cards as their never on sale.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Why didn't you include info about bing points? Free MS points and they're easy to get too.. I already racked up 800 in a short amount of time.[/QUOTE]

Care to enlighten us? I've never heard of such a thing.

[quote name='XF Gator']Care to enlighten us? I've never heard of such a thing.[/QUOTE]

www.bing.com/rewards

Install the Bing toolbar on your IE (I've heard it also works on Firefox) and receive 1 point for each search you do up to 16 points max a day. Once you have 400 points you can redeem them for 400 Xbox Live points. I believe they still give 250 once you signup.

[quote name='XF Gator']Care to enlighten us? I've never heard of such a thing.[/QUOTE]
If you ever go to the free/contest forum you must've glanced by it:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273587

I have no idea what determines what your search limit is, and points aren't always rewarded for every search (it can by up to every 5). I signed up in September and got the higher end of 16-20 points in searches, my friend signed up a couple months later and ended up with 6-8, his brother signed up at the same time and got 16-20.

Yeah Bing is awesome. Little to no effort for free points. It's just a matter of remembering to do it daily (if you default browser isn't IE). I do a single account, and have managed to redeem for about 1600 so far and have another 800 I'm waiting on. Can't beat that.

[quote name='dieresis']Was anyone else limited to a maximum of one 1600 MSP card?

And does someone know if it's possible/allowed to place multiple orders of this same item?[/QUOTE]

I ordered 2 this morning no problem. Depending on sales this week I might go snag another one or two.

[quote name='dieresis']Was anyone else limited to a maximum of one 1600 MSP card?[/QUOTE]

Yep, and that's the way it was with the Xbox Live Points sales on Amazon last time (which was >6 months ago now... I think...)

hey since you can't transfer ms points to another account can i share my info with my brother so he can buy the same thing on his console? would like to just get one set of points and download the reach noble map pack

[quote name='el swordo']hey since you can't transfer ms points to another account can i share my info with my brother so he can buy the same thing on his console? would like to just get one set of points and download the reach noble map pack[/QUOTE]

There's a short guide written by Shipwreck on how to share content between 2 machines. Your brother needs your gamertag or to recover it on his console. Then with your id signed in, he can buy the content. Once that happens, you can also download it on your 360 after.

[quote name='dragonjud']There's a short guide written by Shipwreck on how to share content between 2 machines. Your brother needs your gamertag or to recover it on his console. Then with your id signed in, he can buy the content. Once that happens, you can also download it on your 360 after.[/QUOTE]

Lot's of people do this. Split DLC cost 50/50 with a friend.

[quote name='XF Gator']Lot's of people do this. Split DLC cost 50/50 with a friend.[/QUOTE]

Which is great until someone decides to recover licenses due to a dead 360. I'd rather be more conservative with the games I buy and just own them myself. Or, just wait 6 months for MS to discount them. Most of the big name games have gone on sale a few months after initial release. It's the low end sellers that seem to stay at full price.

I just bought 12 months for $35 off the dashboard. My subscription was set to expire in ten days and today I got a little notice telling me so and offering me a deal. That was pretty convenient

[quote name='Jabrim']Says "Not Available"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just went back to the link and it was OOS. It was in stock when I posted it but it had already been on SDs for about 30 mins.

[quote name='Deezul']Which is great until someone decides to recover licenses due to a dead 360. I'd rather be more conservative with the games I buy and just own them myself. Or, just wait 6 months for MS to discount them. Most of the big name games have gone on sale a few months after initial release. It's the low end sellers that seem to stay at full price.[/QUOTE]
Isn't recovering games after a console dies kind of a headache in any case? Or is it a fairly simple matter if you're only dealing with one Gamertag?

Also, does the cost-splitting thing actually violate the Terms of Service?

[quote name='mokmoof']Isn't recovering games after a console dies kind of a headache in any case? Or is it a fairly simple matter if you're only dealing with one Gamertag?

Also, does the cost-splitting thing actually violate the Terms of Service?[/QUOTE]

For Number one, recovering MAY be a headache, but if you've ever taken your 360 to work for a Christmas party, :bouncy:and you can't connect it to the company network, you want to make sure your downloadable games, and especially your Rock Band DLC, is licensed to THAT console. Or your'e just going to play the songs on disc. It's not as hard as you think, it's just time consuming if you have a lot of DLC. I think I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 pieces, so it means queuing everything up and then letting it download the license again. Last time it took me I think about 3 hours.
If you don't have Internet, you're not going to play anything that's not licensed to the console.

For Number two, it may not violate the letter of the TOS, but it violates the spirit. All games get two licenses, as you know - one for the console and one for the gamertag. MS assumes most folks will download the game to their primary console, and maybe go to a friend's house occasionally. I much prefer MS's policy over Nintendo's, where it's just licensed to the console. I can't speak about Sony's policy.

Posted over in the NW regional thread. But it's worth noting here.

Fred Meyer has Buy 1 Get 1 half Off Game Accessories, Valid 2/17/11 - 2/19/11.

In store only, coupons are on the shelves.

Excludes PSN cards and Kinect. Includes Microsoft Points .

So: 3200 points for 29.98 or 8000 points for 74.98.

**Fred Meyer is a B&M retailer mostly in the Pacific NW.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Posted over in the NW regional thread. But it's worth noting here.

Fred Meyer has Buy 1 Get 1 half Off Game Accessories, Valid 2/17/11 - 2/19/11.

In store only, coupons are on the shelves.

Excludes PSN cards and Kinect. Includes Microsoft Points .

So: 3200 points for 29.98 or 8000 points for 74.98.

**Fred Meyer is a B&M retailer mostly in the Pacific NW.[/QUOTE]

So I can still get those points today? Can't believe I almost missed this or worse yet I did. I could use some more points!

EDIT: Damn! I forgot Fred Meyer was all bought out here by Fry's. Closest store is a 600 mile drive! Oh well. :(

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yeah XBL Gold is 40% off this weekend which brings it down to $35.99. Not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

I adblocked your sig ad :lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='Fakeshake']FS/FT/HAVE :

12 Month Gold Subscription card, 59.99 retail, looking for offers![/QUOTE]
This is not a trading thread.

Is $40 the lowest the new prices is going to go down to?
I've been holding out for the old $30 ones but thinking about biting on the $40.
Would like some insight on this from other members please.

[quote name='shrike4242']Finally, those $10 off promotions will finally be worth something that handed out a long while ago when you bought a 360 game.[/QUOTE]

Seems like they don't stack, but I can confirm they are actually working. $34.99 for an instant code (I didn't go through with the purchase, because I don't need one, but was just curious to see if the promotion stacked, since I should have quite a few of them).

bread's done
Back