Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a 12 Month XBL digital code from Amazon expecting their normal $48.98 price, but then I got to the end and they applied a $10 discount (labeled as a promotion) to it making it $38.98, and I have no idea why. There was no mention of a promotion that I saw on the item's page. So, someone might want to check and see if they do the same thing for them.

[quote name='Pyramid Head']I just bought a 12 Month XBL digital code from Amazon expecting their normal $48.98 price, but then I got to the end and they applied a $10 discount (labeled as a promotion) to it making it $38.98, and I have no idea why. There was no mention of a promotion that I saw on the item's page. So, someone might want to check and see if they do the same thing for them.[/QUOTE]

They gave away $10 off Live (digital codes only, not valid on physical cards) credits last fall with the purchase of certain games (Reach was one). That's more than likely what you had applied. The deal went unnoticed by most and codes forgotten since they rarely have deals on the digital code version of Live.

[quote name='Corvin']They gave away $10 off Live (digital codes only, not valid on physical cards) credits last fall with the purchase of certain games (Reach was one). That's more than likely what you had applied. The deal went unnoticed by most and codes forgotten since they rarely have deals on the digital code version of Live.[/QUOTE]

Well, I did buy Splinter Cell: Conviction from them in November last year, but that was like $16. I guess it could have been off of that, but a $10 credit for a $16 purchase seems like a lot!

My Gold expires in two days and I just saw a $35 12 month deal on Spotlight in the dashboard. I was like, "Great, will get that soon!" Then I play Gear 3 for a couple of hours and the deal is gone from my Spotlight row, ugh.

[quote name='captpluto9465']My Gold expires in two days and I just saw a $35 12 month deal on Spotlight in the dashboard. I was like, "Great, will get that soon!" Then I play Gear 3 for a couple of hours and the deal is gone from my Spotlight row, ugh.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it was $35 ? If i ever saw this kind of deal i run to my credit card and do this in a heart beat

[quote name='Ricanlegend']Are you sure it was $35 ? If i ever saw this kind of deal i run to my credit card and do this in a heart beat[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was. Note how I really feel stupid. :wall: I didn't think it would be gone so quick.

[quote name='summer']I honestly do not recommend the Family Plan unless you are OK with only the main person being considered an 'adult' by Xbox. Unless they've fixed it in the last month, all other accounts are considered a child account and see limited things on the dashboard and can't download anything with an M rating. It's driving my husband crazy but we're trying to hold out until it runs out in March to not waste money.[/QUOTE]

Are the other accounts allowed to play M-rated games at least?
One brother uses Live the most, and plays Call of Duty and Battlefield mostly. The other brother plays Halo and Mortal Kombat. Would DLC for these games be considered M-rated?

If I downloaded the M-rated content with my Adult account on their console, they still have access to that, correct?

[If there's a better place to ask these questions, please let me know. I want to make sure this will be the right choice for us.]

I had a bunch of prepaid time on my account, but wanted to remove my credit card today. So, I called in and they did it up very quick with no hassle. I was surprised that it also took all my prepaid time off my account. They did send codes to me though to redeem to get all my time back.

Makes me wonder if something similiar could happen on a family account to get around the mature thing.

If you have points racking up, I recommend the 1 Month GameFly Gift Certificate for 660 Bing Points.

Used it for a 3rd month of GameFly. I've paid them only $7.95 in August, got 15 eBay bucks for the sign up, a $5 GameFly bucks code at the end of the first month, a free month for trying to cancel my first month on day 29, and now another $5 GameFly bucks for using the Bing Gift Certificate and being a member for 3 months. Wasn't even expecting to bilk the system like this.

Not sure if anyone noticed but Toys R Us' B2G1 Free offer includes all point and live cards...

Example 1: Buy 3 1600 MSP cards ends up for $40 for 4800 MSP (beats $50 for 4000)
$0.008 per MSP vs $0.012 per MSP.... the 4800 MSP should cost you 59.98 usually!!!!:hot:

Examples 2: Buy 3x 12 month Live Cards for $120.... that's 3 years @ $40/year (unless your store is like the site and sells them for $49.99 then you get 3 years for $100 which is $33/year:hot:)

And if you have gamer friends buy together and split the savings instead...

(ps I'm using this deal to get Gears of War dlc like season pass for cheaper then the already 33% reduction!!!:bouncy:)

[quote name='maesterjay']Not sure if anyone noticed but Toys R Us' B2G1 Free offer includes all point and live cards...

Example 1: Buy 3 1600 MSP cards ends up for $40 for 4800 MSP (beats $50 for 4000)
$0.008 per MSP vs $0.012 per MSP.... the 4800 MSP should cost you 59.98 usually!!!!:hot:

Examples 2: Buy 3x 12 month Live Cards for $120.... that's 3 years @ $40/year (unless your store is like the site and sells them for $49.99 then you get 3 years for $100 which is $33/year:hot:)

(ps I'm using this deal to get Gears of War dlc like season pass for cheaper then the already 33% reduction!!!:bouncy:)[/QUOTE]

Which would be awesome except they are all out of stock of points

[quote name='maesterjay']Not sure if anyone noticed but Toys R Us' B2G1 Free offer includes all point and live cards...

(ps I'm using this deal to get Gears of War dlc like season pass for cheaper then the already 33% reduction!!!:bouncy:)[/QUOTE]

Any chance this works on eShop or PSN cards too?

I know that in-store will not work considering they still treat them as gift cards. If you're doing it online, that $15 shipping kills the deal.

[quote name='vlv723']I know that in-store will not work considering they still treat them as gift cards. If you're doing it online, that $15 shipping kills the deal.[/QUOTE]That is correct.

You're also paying shipping on the cards, which normally is about $7 on three of them, so your savings is eaten up a bit with the shipping charges.

[quote name='shrike4242']That is correct.

You're also paying shipping on the cards, which normally is about $7 on three of them, so your savings is eaten up a bit with the shipping charges.[/QUOTE]

Normally I would agree with this, but for some reason Shoprunner (which works with TRU) gave me a free year of free 2-day shipping recently after I canceled their monthly trial..

I got it randomly in an e-mail, I would check yours as well. And thank you for the heads-up!

Edit: Apparently points cards are not Shoprunner eligible. Also, can't find the 1600 MSP cards on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpecialK7225']Amazon has a 4000 points card for $31.32. Is that a good price on sale?[/QUOTE]

Haha, so clueless. Thanks dude for finding this. I'm picking up 2 to stock up:)

[quote name='bigbabyaggie99']Thanks. I am tempted to buy a few more.[/QUOTE]

same here. I just bought 2 and am tempted to buy some more, seeing as how this is the lowest i have seen them.

[quote name='SpecialK7225']Amazon has a 4000 points card for $31.32. Is that a good price on sale?[/QUOTE]
Thanks Man! I picked 1 up and I also used my $20 credit from Gears of War 3.

Sweet deal! I picked up 2. Thanks!

Phenomonal deal. Had to pick up 5 for my eventual Dance Central and RB3 DLC. Also, can we redeem more than one 4000 pt. card to qualify for that really small points bonus we get if redeemed this month?

Thanks. That's the cheapest I've seen the 4000 point cards, went ahead and picked up 2. Finally going to get the Marvel pinball tables.

Picked up the points card and I had a 20 dollar promotional credit from something - have no clue what it was but I'll take it! Must have been for video game specific purchases because I buy other stuff from amazon all the time and it has never been applied but I haven't made a video game purchase from them in a while.

[quote name='bardockkun']Damn, tempted to get another one just for Crysis and RE4. DAMN YOU CAG! You wondrous place of deals and horrors.[/QUOTE]

screw it, just picked up 2 more!! Who knows if they will ever be this cheap?

bread's done
Back