Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpecialK7225']Amazon has a 4000 points card for $31.32. Is that a good price on sale?[/QUOTE]

YES, GREAT price. Got one for myself and may end up ordering another later on -- going to give the rest of y'all a chance to get one. :cool:

"We're sorry. The item Xbox 360 Live 4000 Points is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page."

Son of a bitch! Stupid internet problems kept me from getting any of this.

[quote name='raginginferno']edit:scratch that, page is acting up[/QUOTE]

when you first go to the page it says 49.xx, then when i hit refresh it says 31.xx, weird....

[quote name='SpecialK7225']Amazon has a 4000 points card for $31.32. Is that a good price on sale?[/QUOTE]
Might as well say thanks for making CAG's shit their pants. You've surpassed CAG in Training to...uh, whatever is next.

Wow. I usually don't check this thread. Glad I did. Happy that I got my one before they sold out. I was tempted to get 2, but now that it's sold out, the choice is out of my hands...

Thanks OP! :)

[quote name='tunavi']Combine this Deal with actual holiday sales. OMG[/QUOTE]

That's what I've always done. Rarely bought anything from the marketplace at full price. For example, got Outland when it went on sale for 400 pts ($5). Since my points were bought at a discount anyways, game ended up costing me ~ $3. :lol:

I bought 4 right before everyone here saying "deal dead". I hope it goes through.

To me, it's redemption since I missed out on the buy.com eBay deal a few weeks back.

[quote name='VipFREAK']God damn it. fuck you horders/flippers...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, man. If I don't have enough points cards on hand, I start getting the shakes...

[quote name='VipFREAK']God damn it. fuck you horders/flippers...[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I have a problem. I can never have enough points. I only bought 2 so idk if I'm that bad of a hoarder despite having quite a few points stockpiled.

[quote name='csabatini']I only bought 1 for myself, but I agree its kind of fucked up for the guy who bought like 9...[/QUOTE]

He may have been being sarcastic. Regardless, this AMAZING sale was either an error on Amazon's part or they're moving on to a different style of points card and wanted to clear out the warehouse. I've missed out on the $43 gold messenger pack and other great deals before, but you won't see me on here getting all butt-hurt about it like some posters.

DAAMMN! :wall: I was looking for deals on MS points.

Instead of checking up on CAG Deals last night, I decided to take part in the Gears of War 3: Ticker Tuesday. And, then come to find out it wasn't an 'Event' that counted toward the War Supporter Medal. Damn you, EPIC! :censored:

[quote name='scraggly']He may have been being sarcastic. Regardless, this AMAZING sale was either an error on Amazon's part or they're moving on to a different style of points card and wanted to clear out the warehouse. I've missed out on the $43 gold messenger pack and other great deals before, but you won't see me on here getting all butt-hurt about it like some posters.[/QUOTE]

nope wasnt being sarcastic. bought 9. why? so for all of next year i dont have to keep tracking this thread to get cheap ms points. i buy ALOT of dlc esp for dance central/fps. i dont wait for discounts on my fav games/dlc. release day buys for me. not worth the flip. cell phones on the other hand...

I keep missing all the good deals, too. Oh well. But my advice is that rather than grump about the hoarders, you could either 1) Stay on top of things and jump on the deals faster so you get them too (like the "hoarders" did), or 2) Ask them nicely if they'll sell you some of their points for a discount off retail, so that everybody wins.

Just don't ask me for any points because I didn't get any, haha. :p

Remember, if any of you guys work in a retail store that sells Microsoft products, you can sign up for Expert Zone. I did last month, and they always do discounts on MS points/live, sometimes games.

I believe every retailer conspires against me. I cannot get any more deals on MS points. Every time I check this thread, practically daily, there was a deal and it had just expired or sold out recently. I missed out on buy.com, eBay, and the Amazon deals because I have to work, eat, sleep, or even sometimes get in some Xbox Live play with friends; I think I now understand the phrasing of FML cus I sure would prefer better =(.

Anyway, congrats to those who did get in on those amazing deals, so long as the hoarders/resellers still allowed for a good number of persons simply wanting the items still getting it (at their acceptable price points), I do not mind them. However, I have been in communities where a select few corner the market/sales of some games to flip for profit, and I feel that is unhealthy for a community; even though it is legal and fair in the market, it's just not nice to honest persons wanting in on an aspect of videogames.

[quote name='el swordo']any good deals on xbox live gold mine expires on the 5th[/QUOTE]

wondering the same though sometimes you get special offers near or after your gold dies off.

[quote name='media_wonder']when you first go to the page it says 49.xx, then when i hit refresh it says 31.xx, weird....[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I didn't partake in the deal. I saw that normal price first UGGH! Omg and I need points super bad now too.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wondering the same though sometimes you get special offers near or after your gold dies off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just let your Gold expire, and then check the Spotlight on your dashboard a couple times a day. One day I had $35 for 12 months (which I missed), then a couple of days ago, I got 2 months for $2.

For anyone who received their 4000mp card from the $31 deal, was yours a big cardboard? I just opened mine and it looked like an oversized card, with a huge tear off in the back. I have never seen one of these cards in any retail stores before.

[quote name='CaseX']For anyone who received their 4000mp card from the $31 deal, was yours a big cardboard? I just opened mine and it looked like an oversized card, with a huge tear off in the back. I have never seen one of these cards in any retail stores before.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Mine came the next day as giant cards. As long as they work it makes no difference to me. I haven't used them yet so I can't confirm they aren't duds. I've decided to stop redeeming cards to my account until I actually need them so it might be a bit before I use them. I'll use one when I dip below 10k.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yup. Mine came the next day as giant cards. As long as they work it makes no difference to me. I haven't used them yet so I can't confirm they aren't duds. I've decided to stop redeeming cards to my account until I actually need them so it might be a bit before I use them. I'll use one when I dip below 10k.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one with this funny looking thing. I have slightly less than 10k, but I'm afraid to have too many pts in my account, so I haven't tried redeeming it yet.

[quote name='CaseX']For anyone who received their 4000mp card from the $31 deal, was yours a big cardboard? I just opened mine and it looked like an oversized card, with a huge tear off in the back. I have never seen one of these cards in any retail stores before.[/QUOTE]

Mine was and I was able to redeem it without any issues.

Amazon pushes for special packaging from manufacturers to reduce costs since they only sell online so they dont have to worry about retail theft -- retail stores prefer plastic shell packaging or cards that activate at the register after you pay for it (Amazon can just buy cards that are alrdy activated and ship them out, they dont have to waste time activating each one)

That's actually really interesting and makes a lot of sense. If it means Amazon can have ridiculous sale prices like they just did, I wholly support them.

[quote name='captpluto9465']Yeah, just let your Gold expire, and then check the Spotlight on your dashboard a couple times a day. One day I had $35 for 12 months (which I missed), then a couple of days ago, I got 2 months for $2.[/QUOTE]

right now I have 12 months showing at $35 since mine expired yesterday

BB Gamer sent a "Save $20 on XBL 12 mo. Gold Card. In stores only. Show SKU: 3866248. Ends 10/29/2011."

Will this still work for the old Joust and Halo ODST cards? I know these are old but I know there are those lucky few who know where to find some.

Was using one of my Xbox live free accounts this morning and they had a 2 months of Xbox live for $2 on the dashboard. They're promoting BF3 with the deal.

[quote name='htown01']BB Gamer sent a "Save $20 on XBL 12 mo. Gold Card. In stores only. Show SKU: 3866248. Ends 10/29/2011."

Will this still work for the old Joust and Halo ODST cards? I know these are old but I know there are those lucky few who know where to find some.[/QUOTE]

Yes just picked up a 1 year joust card for $29.99

[quote name='ColdSystem']Sorry for my ignorance, but what is BB Gamer and how do I get this coupon?[/QUOTE]
It's in best buy's gaming magazine. You can pick it up in store for $5 or subscribe (for 10 issues) at $15.

[quote name='Kanokare']Joust card are YMMV aren't they? I might head to BB soon to see if it's in stock.[/QUOTE]

Very much so YMMV. I hunted for one of those all over Austin with no luck about a year ago. Thankfully a fellow CAG hooked me up with a Joust code :)

bread's done
Back