Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went and bought 1600 points off Amazon (online code) at $19.75 and during checkout, they applied a $10 promotion. Not sure what this was for though. I still have my $10 promotion from last year to buy an online code for a Live sub, so it wasn't that.

[quote name='BigMack9737']I just went and bought 1600 points off Amazon (online code) at $19.75 and during checkout, they applied a $10 promotion. Not sure what this was for though. I still have my $10 promotion from last year to buy an online code for a Live sub, so it wasn't that.[/QUOTE]

What games have you pre-ordered from Amazon that have shipped recently?

[quote name='mailman27']Anyone have any leads on Gold subs sales? Mine expired and I haven't had any dashboard offers since it expired Nov 1st...[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is going to have 3-month cards for $7.99 on Black Friday. Not sure if it's worth fighting the people who are stepping on old ladies for the $200 42" TV, though.

Dashboard - Spotlight (mine expires on the 23rd)
3 months for $12.50 through xbl or
activate a 12 month card & recieve 400msp free

[quote name='razgriz24']just saw a dash deal for 3 months at 50% off ($12.50), it was under the mw3 tab in spotlight[/QUOTE]
Hopefully this deal is still going one. Went down to silver status back in August.

Will I be able to delete my card info online after I buy a subscription on Live?

[quote name='CKEStriker']Hopefully this deal is still going one. Went down to silver status back in August.

Will I be able to delete my card info online after I buy a subscription on Live?[/QUOTE]

It's not really hard to unlink an active card from your account. Just go to Xbox.com -> My Account -> Manage Payment Options and you should be able to remove whatever card you used.

They do also have a "Pay with Paypal" option now, if you think that's more secure.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']What games have you pre-ordered from Amazon that have shipped recently?[/QUOTE]

Batman AC, but I already used that $10 on something else.

[quote name='Gore']Dashboard - Spotlight (mine expires on the 23rd)
3 months for $12.50 through xbl or
activate a 12 month card & recieve 400msp free[/QUOTE]

How do these Dashboard deals work - do they differ from one account to the next? I'm not on my Xbox that often, but I want to get back in with MW3 now that I actually have people to play it with... the only "deal" I see on my dashboard is paying full price for a 12 month sub + 800 points :(

[quote name='spdronin']How do these Dashboard deals work - do they differ from one account to the next? I'm not on my Xbox that often, but I want to get back in with MW3 now that I actually have people to play it with... the only "deal" I see on my dashboard is paying full price for a 12 month sub + 800 points :([/QUOTE]

If you really want cheap 3 month cards just wait another week. Everyone is selling them under $13, with best buy going the lowest just for $8.

[quote name='mailman27']I'm hoping Amazon matches some of the 3 month Gold deals. That way I won't have to brave the crowds : )[/QUOTE]
If Amazon matches the 8 dollar deal , I would probably buy a bunch...

[quote name='anthonyd46']This has scam written all over it but i figure i post anyway :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1600-ms-poi...607?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2316b1c5bf

guy does have 100% positive feedback but i never seen that survey[/QUOTE]

He has already sold a bunch, so we'll see what happens to that feedback. Even if the survey was real, I don't see how he could have gotten as many as he has sold so far, unless he is just shoving one into a copier. Guess we'll find out.

[quote name='anthonyd46']This has scam written all over it but i figure i post anyway :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1600-ms-poi...607?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2316b1c5bf

guy does have 100% positive feedback but i never seen that survey[/QUOTE]

Those are fake coupons.They've been circling the internet. Do not use these as they are NOT real. You can get into a lot of trouble if you get caught using these. It is not worth the risk, and it's essentially stealing since (once again) these are NOT legitimate.

[quote name='crzyboy88']Those are fake coupons.They've been circling the internet. Do not use these as they are NOT real. You can get into a lot of trouble if you get caught using these. It is not worth the risk, and it's essentially stealing since (once again) these are NOT legitimate.[/QUOTE]

Yea that survey didnt look too real but figured someone here would know for sure thanks i didnt buy one

never heard of these fake coupons until now. maybe I should buy some and give them to friends to try lol... oh and leave negative feedback of course and get a refund :lol:

Does anybody know how long it takes for amazon to get you an online game code for points? They currently have 1600 points for $18.96. I'm thinking of snagging one to prepare for the black friday deals and to get the baconing.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']Does anybody know how long it takes for amazon to get you an online game code for points? They currently have 1600 points for $18.96. I'm thinking of snagging one to prepare for the black friday deals and to get the baconing.[/QUOTE]

About 2 minutes.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']Does anybody know how long it takes for amazon to get you an online game code for points? They currently have 1600 points for $18.96. I'm thinking of snagging one to prepare for the black friday deals and to get the baconing.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they're instant.

I think you get it right after you check out. You don't even have to wait for an email, it's just available right after you purchase.

Thanks for all the responses. In that case I'll try and hold off to make the purchase to hopefully get my $5 amazon gift card in the mail before making the purchase. Thanks.

[quote name='kitlerc']In case you don't know, Toys R Us will be having 10% off all of their gaming cards this week. (Sun 11/27 - Sat 12/3)
http://twitpic.com/7k0dag[/QUOTE]

20% off gaming cards at Target next week. I'm assuming it covers M$ cards. Someone tipped me off in the PSN thread and I'm definitely going to scoop up a PSN card or two as those sales are much fewer and further between.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309086

[quote name='Chrono Gear']20% off gaming cards at Target next week. I'm assuming it covers M$ cards. Someone tipped me off in the PSN thread and I'm definitely going to scoop up a PSN card or two as those sales are much fewer and further between.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309086[/QUOTE]Keep in mind it says "selected" cards. The ad only shows Xbox Gold, PS+, facebook, and Zynga.

[quote name='kitlerc']Keep in mind it says "selected" cards. The ad only shows Xbox Gold, PS+, facebook, and Zynga.[/QUOTE]

Right. We don't have confirmation yet but in case M$ points do go on sale it's good to know since it starts tomorrow.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Right. We don't have confirmation yet but in case M$ points do go on sale it's good to know since it starts tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
That is good to know, also good to know that you have a backup with toys r us, which is confirmed for at least a small discount.

[quote name='MasterOGA']Any deals on 4000 point cards that are still active? I needs to upgrade my MW3 Elite before December![/QUOTE]

Why is it important to get it in before December? Please do share. I was thinking I'd hold off so that the 12 months would last later in to next year.

[quote name='XF Gator']Why is it important to get it in before December? Please do share. I was thinking I'd hold off so that the 12 months would last later in to next year.[/QUOTE]

Founder status?

[quote name='XF Gator']What do you get from Founder Status/ Elite in General, besides the maps?[/QUOTE]

A sense of pride that you are supporting the Activision monster. (half joking there)

[quote name='foreinter']I think the founder status is only as of the end of November.[/QUOTE]
Which would be why he said:

[quote name='MasterOGA']Any deals on 4000 point cards that are still active? I needs to upgrade my MW3 Elite before December![/QUOTE]

[quote name='drawingboard']Amazon has 1600 pt cards for $18.96 right now. I'd jump on this if I didn't have so many already.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned a page or so ago, TRU has a 10% sale on all gaming cards, so you'd only be spending $17.99 on 1600 points if you went there.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']As mentioned a page or so ago, TRU has a 10% sale on all gaming cards, so you'd only be spending $17.99 on 1600 points if you went there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you save 0.97¢ but you spend gas & time driving to and from TRU. In my opinion, the Amazon price is better. The $18.96 applies to both the card & online game code.

bread's done
Back