Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
In for the 1 month and it's not letting me remove my cc information. Have to wait till' the month is over or add another payment option...

[quote name='D0RC']Thanks how long will this offer last? I want to redeem one for my nephew account.[/QUOTE]
No one knows for certain. It was originally the Bing Present of the Day on 12/17, but apparently the link still works.
The same goes for their Hulu Plus free month present from even earlier this month (http://www.hulu.com/plus/bing); it was supposed to be an offer for 1 day but it is lasting for an indefinite time.

Note that you have to have a credit card attached to the account/gamertag. Redeeming this offer sooner is better than later because we don't know when the offer page will disappear.

Seems to be $39.99 this week for XBOX LIVE codes

I have a question about Amazon Instant Codes? Does it give you a chance to review the purchase before checkout? It wants me to put in my CC again, it's different than the normal cart. I ask, because I think I have a $10 credit still for XBOX LIVE, so I wanted to ensure it was applied. $30 for a year would be nice.

[quote name='doubledown']Seems to be $39.99 this week for XBOX LIVE codes

I have a question about Amazon Instant Codes? Does it give you a chance to review the purchase before checkout? It wants me to put in my CC again, it's different than the normal cart. I ask, because I think I have a $10 credit still for XBOX LIVE, so I wanted to ensure it was applied. $30 for a year would be nice.[/QUOTE]

It's been a few months since I last ordered an online code from them but, at the time, it let me use my credit. It automatically applied it for me.

[quote name='doubledown']
I have a question about Amazon Instant Codes? Does it give you a chance to review the purchase before checkout? It wants me to put in my CC again, it's different than the normal cart. I ask, because I think I have a $10 credit still for XBOX LIVE, so I wanted to ensure it was applied. $30 for a year would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The final Amazon checkout page will show any 'giftcard' or 'promotional credit' applied to your order prior to hitting the 'submit' button.

[quote name='Tallkido']I totaly forgot that my live is about to expire and didnt buy 1 of those $40 cards -_-
Need new deals pls :D[/QUOTE]

You can always make a new account and get a free month while you wait for a new deal

[quote name='gcash81001']anyone seen any point deals lately?[/QUOTE]

No and I'm getting nervous. I just redeemed a 4k card and I only have 2 left in reserve!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']No and I'm getting nervous. I just redeemed a 4k card and I only have 2 left in reserve![/QUOTE]You're doing better than me... I had to buy two 1600 cards of late for 18.99. (Each)

Really need a sale...

[quote name='Ricanlegend']I cant believe there hasn't been any points sales in months , i have $50 in my pocket waiting for one :([/QUOTE]

Seriously I passed on the one around thanksgiving cause I was still good and figured we would have something by now

For those of us in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, N. California, Alaska) ... Fred Meyer is running a "$20 off Home Electronics" coupon with minimum purchase of $100. Freddie's treats XBL subscription & point cards as video-game accessories, so this is a great time to stock up! Note that if you merely get 2 4000pt cards (totaling $99.98), you'll still need to find a basket-filler, such as an RJ11 telephone jack splitter for $1'ish. The easy/lame way out is to simply purchase 1 4000pt & 3 1600pt cards for $109.96 before coupon. Coupon is good March 11-17.

Here's a link to the weekly ad & the specific coupon:
http://fredmeyer.inserts2online.com/loadServletXml.jsp?adId=41541&showFlash=false

b848125_6.jpg

[quote name='Ricanlegend']I cant believe there hasn't been any points sales in months , i have $50 in my pocket waiting for one :([/QUOTE]

You guys need to check the trading forum. There are long time, legit members selling 4000 pt codes for $33 to 40. I just picked one up from a guy I've dealt with before for $33 a few days ago.

[quote name='DaGrandMastah']Who sold you one for $33? Do they still have any left?[/QUOTE]

also wanting to know this. Would love to buy some 4000 codes for that price.

[quote name='SativaSam']also wanting to know this. Would love to buy some 4000 codes for that price.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I searched the first 10 pages of the trade forum and didn't see any for $33. I was able to get one for $39 though, which I still felt was a good deal. Basically anything under $40 for 4000 points is good in my book. There are a few people on there now selling them for $42 and $45, but < $40 is where it's at.

My XBL gold expires later this month, and I had an offer on my dash tonight - I could either renew 1 year for $39.99 (33% off) or activate a 12 month gold card and get 600 points back in 4-6 weeks.

[quote name='Bloomy']My XBL gold expires later this month, and I had an offer on my dash tonight - I could either renew 1 year for $39.99 (33% off) or activate a 12 month gold card and get 600 points back in 4-6 weeks.[/QUOTE]

It's tempting, but I don't recommend giving MS your CC number. Or Sony for that matter.

[quote name='Curufinwe']It's tempting, but I don't recommend giving MS your CC number. Or Sony for that matter.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='destro4eva']Exactly what Curufinwe said, do not give them your CC #, either of them.

Buy the points & subscription cards instead.[/QUOTE]

I reupped with a card I bought at Best Buy 2 weeks ago when they were on sale for $39.99, so I effectively got the benefit of both offers. Just wanted to let people know what MS was offering for those with soon to expire subscriptions.

I did have a card on file with MS, but it expired last year (coincidentally around the time news got out about the PSN hacking). Xbox.com won't let me remove it, and since my new card has a different number, I haven't bothered calling MS about it.

[quote name='Bloomy']My XBL gold expires later this month, and I had an offer on my dash tonight - I could either renew 1 year for $39.99 (33% off) or activate a 12 month gold card and get 600 points back in 4-6 weeks.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if that offer will be around in April. Mine expires the 10th, I think.

That'd be cool, but they are denying it right now.

From http://www.huffingtonpost.com/new-xbox-2012-microsoft_n_1362332.html?ref=technology

"While we appreciate all the interest in our long-range plans for the future, we can confirm that there will be no talk of new Xbox hardware at E3 or anytime soon," a Microsoft spokesperson said in a statement to HuffPost, referring to the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo in June. "For us, 2012 is all about Xbox 360 -- and it’s the best year ever for Xbox 360."

bread's done
Back