Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChaosLaw']great, but now the gift card counts itself as "used" after my cancelled order. shit
btw 1600 is out of stock[/QUOTE]
You should be able to get your money back from AmazonLocal. If they cancel my order, that's what I'm going to do.

[quote name='simmias']You should be able to get your money back from AmazonLocal. If they cancel my order, that's what I'm going to do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just sad to miss this deal. Now the 4000 won't even show up and the 1600 are out of stock again. I was just on the phone with them and they said both are in stock. wtf........

I don't know who the guy was who posted that microsoft cloud promo thing but thank you. They sent me two $20 off codes and you can order MS points with free shipping on their site

[quote name='GUNNM']I don't know who the guy was who posted that microsoft cloud promo thing but thank you. They sent me two $20 off codes and you can order MS points with free shipping on their site[/QUOTE]
Is this something repeatable for other people? If so please share.

Glad to see this thread is still alive. Here's a contribution:

Two current promotions for free months of Gold:

1. www[DOT]xbox[DOT]com/en-US/live/promotions/ign-gold-for-free
Good May 8- June 6 and only for current Silver members only

2. M&Ms promotion (not sure when it ends)
Text: MMSKINECT to 97979
Reply to it: Birthyear 1989
Reply to it: Token 4 code 4
Redeem on the M&Ms site for 1 month 25-digit code

The texting promotion does not work with AT&T cell phones apparently. Would stack with the previous promo, and any Gold time.

[quote name='XF Gator']Is this something repeatable for other people? If so please share.

Glad to see this thread is still alive. Here's a contribution:

Two current promotions for free months of Gold:

1. www[DOT]xbox[DOT]com/en-US/live/promotions/ign-gold-for-free
Good May 8- June 6 and only for current Silver members only

2. M&Ms promotion (not sure when it ends)
Text: MMSKINECT to 97979
Reply to it: Birthyear 1989
Reply to it: Token 4 code 4
Redeem on the M&Ms site for 1 month 25-digit code

The texting promotion does not work with AT&T cell phones apparently. Would stack with the previous promo, and any Gold time.[/QUOTE]

When I send Token 4 code 4 it says, "Sorry we don't understand your message..." Is this dead?

[quote name='i MarK i']When I send Token 4 code 4 it says, "Sorry we don't understand your message..." Is this dead?[/QUOTE]

Could be, it's been live for over a week. They'll be other promotions.

[quote name='karyadi']4000 points for $40.99 at Ebay.

Also, $14.99 for LIVE 3 month Gold Card[/QUOTE]

The average price on eBay seems to be between $40-$42 for 4000 points.

The $14.99 for 3 months isn't a very good deal. You can find the 12 months cheaper on Amazon and if you look around hard enough on eBay the 3 month cards can be had for under $13.

Doesn't hurt to check Amazon Warehouse deals for MS points or XBox Live cards.

Just tried to turn off my auto-renewal on the xbox website and got offered 3 months for $12.50

I can't decide if I want to pull the trigger or not. My auto-renewal isnt set to take place for a few more days so I might hold off for a better deal.

[quote name='poopmastr7']
I can't decide if I want to pull the trigger or not. My auto-renewal isnt set to take place for a few more days so I might hold off for a better deal.[/QUOTE]

I would wait, as I've been using a few 48-hour passes to get by with Live and after a recent expiration, there is an offer on the main page of the dashboard: 2 months for $2, with the standard "must turn on auto-renewal" jazz.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I would wait, as I've been using a few 48-hour passes to get by with Live and after a recent expiration, there is an offer on the main page of the dashboard: 2 months for $2, with the standard "must turn on auto-renewal" jazz.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I get problems when I'm doing that offer. I get this error message every time I do this and I've tried with various credit cards/paypals. The error message doesn't even attach a error code so it's just super vague.

[quote name='Cornelius']Fred Meyer has a "buy $50/$100/$150 in Home/Electronics, save $10/$20/$30" coupon good between May 10th-12th, which effectively brings point cards down by nearly 20%. The trick is to get a 4000pt card (for $49.99) plus some penny item in Home to tip you over.[/QUOTE]
Fred Meyer is currently running 15% off all gaming accessories during their Founder's Day sale, which includes Xbox point & subscription cards ...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9624948
... and if we're lucky enough, there's a chance one of the "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150" coupons may appear at the end of the week.

If that's the case ... RUN!!! ... to Fred Meyer, since 4000pt cards will effectively be $34.00 (or 1600pts for $13.60) if you get your post-15%-off cards & other Home/Apparel/Electronics merchandise to just barely over $50/$100/$150. :D

[quote name='poopmastr7']just went to silver and the 2 months gold for 2$ deal is showing up on my dashboard[/QUOTE]

If you get the free month through Raptr while that deal is up on your console, you can stack the 2/$2 with it.

I love how they incentivize letting your Gold lapse now.

[quote name='XF Gator']If you get the free month through Raptr while that deal is up on your console, you can stack the 2/$2 with it.

I love how they incentivize letting your Gold lapse now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a 3 month (8 during BF) and a 12 month ($40+ 5 free xbla games) sitting gathering dust due this trend. Might be a long while before I use them,lol.

Xbox Live 12 Month Subscription Code DLC $39.99

@ BoxedDeal.com

http://www.boxeddeal.com/xbox-liv...-code-dlc/

$39.99 (Code Emailed) Google Checkout

Amazon has it for $49.42.

Note: Some users have confirmed it as a legit deal. They did mention a phone number was needed as the company contacted them and then received the e-mail after ID verification.

1600/4000 point cards are back in stock at Yoyo.com for those people who purchase the $25 for $12 Amazon Local deal. My order has already been shipped. So basically, $40 worth of points for $27.00 is back.

Raptr.com's 1 month Gold + The Maw & R-Type Dimension freebie is still up for any current Silver member who needs it. I'm pretty sure you can stack the free month with 2/$2 if the later is up on your TV while you do the Raptr deal and then immediately buy the 2/$2.

EDIT: 2/$2 doesn't stack with the Raptr free month simultaneously. I tried it on my sisters account.

[quote name='patcrazystar64']Anyone try this recently and know if they are still giving out the $20 vouchers?[/QUOTE]

I know the small text said the first 5000, however, I signed up my roommate since she just an xbox and I want her to get Iron Brigade, I'll let you know if she gets one.

This is beast. I can go get that voucher, wait till my free month from IGN runs out, take the 2 months for 2 bucks promo when that's up, then redeem my voucher at Amazon. BOOOOOOIIIIISTTTT

[quote name='DukeMagnem']This is beast. I can go get that voucher, wait till my free month from IGN runs out, take the 2 months for 2 bucks promo when that's up, then redeem my voucher at Amazon. BOOOOOOIIIIISTTTT[/QUOTE]

The voucher is only good for like 2 weeks, so make sure to redeem it in time, then just sit on the redemption code til you're ready to use it.

This is not a deal, but my local Best Buy has 3-packs of 800 Point cards for $29.97, and being able to put your Points in 800 a time is very helpful if you're like me and always maintain a zero Point balance for security purposes.

The Points are only in my account long enough to buy whatever game I want, so if my account gets hacked the hackers won't be able to buy anything and permanently put FIFA Achievements on my profile.

Finally got to use my yoyo.com credit from the amazonlocal deal. Wanted to get some PSN credit but they didnt have it so settled on a 1600 ms point card. Didnt even order anything else to fill out my order and shipping was $5, so basically saved like $2 on ms points. Deal of the year for sure

Edit: code gone

Never heard from ^above^ with his full PM box so I gave my voucher code to sbaker44.

[quote name='cartman414']Wish I hadn't missed this. :/[/QUOTE]

You can have my voucher code to buy it for $35 if you want it, I'm not gonna use mine. If you clean out your inbox and PM me haha.

EDIT: haha ninja'd by shady. All the way down to trying to send the PM.

^Yeah I thought mine was October but it's like March or April, so I'm gonna wait. I'm don't even know how sure I am about renewing Gold when I expire anyway.

Quick Question if i buy another year with that voucher and redeem it on xbl will it add on to my ongoing live right now? like my live dont run out till like september but if i add the year right now on xbl ill have live till next september?

[quote name='xIndomitable']Quick Question if i buy another year with that voucher and redeem it on xbl will it add on to my ongoing live right now? like my live dont run out till like september but if i add the year right now on xbl ill have live till next september?[/QUOTE]

yep

Just noticed that Fred Meyer is having a 2-day sale, which includes both their legendary "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 off Home/Apparel/Electronics" coupon, as well as another 15% off Accessories coupon from this week's "Dads & Grads" electronics sale flyer.

This can make Xbox points as cheap as 30% off, depending upon cart-fillers you find in the Home dept.

I'm sure the "2 DAY SALE" flyer will be easy to find at the front of the store, and here's the coupons you're looking for:
b877178_1.jpg

Printable/scan'able PDF: http://www.fredmeyer.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Fred_Meyer/PDFs/5-4-70208_Father_Coupons.pdf

b875707_1.jpg

There's no printable PDF for this, but it's VERY easy to find the yellow coupons posted at the shelves.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Finally used my voucher from the Amazon deal today. No way MS reps will be offering $35-$40 renewals again, right?[/QUOTE]

My Gold just expired two days ago, didn't see any deal like that. There was still the two months for $2 which I bought for now. Hopefully I can find a card in the $35 range before the two months is up and cancel before the $9.99 renewals kick in.

Ears to the ground people!

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Yeah I thought mine was October but it's like March or April, so I'm gonna wait. I'm don't even know how sure I am about renewing Gold when I expire anyway.[/QUOTE]
Those vouchers expire today, so it's decision time. I think I'm right there with you, though. It doesn't seem like you get a lot for your money these days, except for the notably awesome HBO Go app. But I don't see that being an exclusive forever.

bread's done
Back