Official NHL 11 CAG Team - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Nights Tue @ 10e / Fri @ 8e

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely wanted to send our AI goalies to a Chinese prison- that's for sure. For the most part, Gary and I played excellent D, and you would fall back to help, but opposing players would get easy goals even while we had a man in front of the puck carrier and 2 other guys nearby trying to relieve him of the puck.

I think the worst goal of the night was when that dude got out of the penalty box and bam, pass right to him and of course he scores. That was a bullshit play.

So, this morning I figured, I'll mess with my EASHL Player. I put my slap shot power up to a 99 and strength up to a 99 and I couldn't shoot a slap shot that was past 85 mph. Is there another category I could put points in or is this just sorta EA's way of saying......screw you guy!

I did how ever buy a boost pack this morning and man that glitch is easy. I'm just scared to actually keep it cause of a banning though.

[quote name='Jackel09']Is it too late to join the league? I got the game a week ago and would love to get in on some games.[/QUOTE]
Never too late to join, just fill out the info from the first page.

As for you Gary, did you do that under Edit Pro? Because attributes don't mean shit in that Test on Ice.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I did how ever buy a boost pack this morning and man that glitch is easy. I'm just scared to actually keep it cause of a banning though.[/QUOTE]

I would be floored if they banned people. They didn't ban 99 glitchers in 09. They didn't ban curve shot glitchers in 10. And in my opinion, this year's glitch is less severe because it at least costs you something to do it (ie. boost slots). Even if somebody uses a +30, I don't see what huge benefit they'd be getting. Most of us can already get our shot accuracy/power to 99 without even using a +15...let alone a +30. And as I've mentioned before, speed can only be boosted by +15 at most.

As for Magic's fear that people could just use their points on the "cheap" categories while boosting the expensive ones, I don't think it makes near as big of a difference as people think. When it occurred to me that speed was rated as a 6 in cost (most expensive), while agility was only a 5, I figured it would be smarter to have a +15 boost in speed and only a +5 in agility...and just use points to get me back to where I originally was. I figured this would leave me with a few extra points since I wouldn't be using them to boost my speed. What I ended up with was the EXACT same totals...and with no points left over. So, it all balanced out in the end anyway.

I just can't see banning anybody over a glitch that makes that small of a difference. If EA is going to ban anybody, they should ban themselves for making a tuner set that made the AI dumber than they originally were.

I forget, did they threaten to ban people back in 09? I'm thinking the same as you, they're all bark and no bite when it comes to banning people.

By the way, it makes a HUGE difference as a Goalie, you could have all of your reflexes + speed/agility at 99 and STILL have points left over with a Legend Card.

[quote name='Magicking610']Never too late to join, just fill out the info from the first page.

As for you Gary, did you do that under Edit Pro? Because attributes don't mean shit in that Test on Ice.[/QUOTE]

You mean when I'm shooting at the targets on the goal and the shot speed is on the side it doesn't really matter? I'm sorta just....i don't know what to think if this is true. If i use my boost pack, I can get my guy to a 78. If I just go by stats, maybe a 74 but yet. everything I need boosted is at a 90 or 80

[quote name='Vulcan2422']You mean when I'm shooting at the targets on the goal and the shot speed is on the side it doesn't really matter? I'm sorta just....i don't know what to think if this is true. If i use my boost pack, I can get my guy to a 78. If I just go by stats, maybe a 74 but yet. everything I need boosted is at a 90 or 80[/QUOTE]
Yeah, if you press start when choosing a stick in Edit Pro, stat's don't matter. And yeah, overall is nothing to go by, I could have a Dman that's rated 92, that doesn't mean it's going to be good. If you want to use the boost pack, then use it, don't let me tell you what to do. It's your player and playstyle after all.

[quote name='Magicking610']I forget, did they threaten to ban people back in 09? I'm thinking the same as you, they're all bark and no bite when it comes to banning people.

By the way, it makes a HUGE difference as a Goalie, you could have all of your reflexes + speed/agility at 99 and STILL have points left over with a Legend Card.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of how upsetting the glitch may be, it's ridiculous to ban anybody for something that is actually IN THE GAME. It's not like people are using hex editors on their PC to edit their BAP saves. It's a glitch EA made possible. To punish anybody who gave them $60 would be stupid. Fix it as quickly as possible, sure. But people calling for punishment are nuts.

[quote name='Magicking610']http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/40903217

Well now... If a goalie feels the puck hit him in the back, then it must randomly appear next to his leg, right? Great job EA :roll:[/QUOTE]

My favorite thing about your posts is when you point out stuff that is supposed to be stupid but really isn't (my "open net miss" comes to mind). What could he really have done on that play? I mean, sure, he should be able to recognize that it's on his back, but it's not like he can just flip around and snatch the puck. Really, the biggest mistake he made was backing into the net once he felt it on his back. But those plays are just chaos. It's hard to expect the goalie to keep his composure when the puck gets behind him.

It's similar to a wild pitch in baseball. Once it gets by the catcher, anything can happen. I've seen plenty of times where they spin around, searching frantically for the ball, and it's three feet to the left of them. I'm more concerned with shots that the goalie sees coming straight at him that he doesn't lift his arm to stop...or ones where he covers the puck, then lets go of it, then covers again, then lets go. I'm kinda surprised that play even continued because it looks like the puck crosses the line the second it rolls down his back. Just a bad luck bounce, really.

[quote name='AtomicGerbal']#12 | AtomicGerbal | Atomic Gerbal | J. Viscardi | Right Defensemen[/QUOTE]

Hey, sorry for missing this. But I saw that you're on the Crotxchx Panthers roster, so I'm guessing that's where you want to be (though I have no idea if they're ever going to play...you'd have to work that out with Sean). I added you to that roster in the OP.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']My favorite thing about your posts is when you point out stuff that is supposed to be stupid but really isn't (my "open net miss" comes to mind). What could he really have done on that play? I mean, sure, he should be able to recognize that it's on his back, but it's not like he can just flip around and snatch the puck. Really, the biggest mistake he made was backing into the net once he felt it on his back. But those plays are just chaos. It's hard to expect the goalie to keep his composure when the puck gets behind him.

It's similar to a wild pitch in baseball. Once it gets by the catcher, anything can happen. I've seen plenty of times where they spin around, searching frantically for the ball, and it's three feet to the left of them. I'm more concerned with shots that the goalie sees coming straight at him that he doesn't lift his arm to stop...or ones where he covers the puck, then lets go of it, then covers again, then lets go. I'm kinda surprised that play even continued because it looks like the puck crosses the line the second it rolls down his back. Just a bad luck bounce, really.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but still... What you're telling me is that if you get punched in the back, the first thing you would do is look straight ahead instead of turning around? It was a bit of an animation problem. Speaking of animation problems, the attacker was also trying to tap the puck in when he was behind the net... and it worked.

As for tonight, who's showing up?

First off, he didn't get punched in the back. The puck hit him in the front, and landed on his back. The puck incidentally landing on your back =/= getting punched in the back.

Secondly, the goalie kicked it in himself. He would have been better skating away and letting a Dman pick it up.

Third, it's you in goal isn't it? I don't recall any philly goaltender with the number 27.

Have to work tonight, will be on later if anyone is still playing/hasn't broken their disc by then.

[quote name='moojuice']First off, he didn't get punched in the back. The puck hit him in the front, and landed on his back. The puck incidentally landing on your back =/= getting punched in the back.

Secondly, the goalie kicked it in himself. He would have been better skating away and letting a Dman pick it up.

Third, it's you in goal isn't it? I don't recall any philly goaltender with the number 27.

Have to work tonight, will be on later if anyone is still playing/hasn't broken their disc by then.[/QUOTE]

You know, good point Alan. You know what makes me think it's more of a Human Goalie is that, if it was a AI Goalie, it wouldn't have moved back at all. It would have stayed in that spot and waited for the puck to drop or just have the ref stop the play. But I will be on tonight. With my slap shots going in(about %20 of the time at least lol) I am excited to at least score some more goals for the team or at least chip in a assist here and there. :D

[quote name='Magicking610']Yeah, but still... What you're telling me is that if you get punched in the back, the first thing you would do is look straight ahead instead of turning around? It was a bit of an animation problem. Speaking of animation problems, the attacker was also trying to tap the puck in when he was behind the net... and it worked.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the biggest thing I saw wrong in the replay. It was hard to tell from that angle if he actually reached through the net or not...but stick warps happen all the time in this game. But you didn't talk about that. You only talked about the goalie. I don't know if I'd call a puck landing on your back the same thing as being punched. At the end of the day, it's still a video game, and can't perform EXACTLY like real life. I still say, once the puck gets behind him, all bets are off.

I'll be there tonight until I can't stand it anymore. Alan, Gary, and I played a few games last night, and couldn't manage to win one. We outshot almost every team we played...but it didn't matter. Had games where we had a 3 minute edge in time on attack...but it didn't matter. Goals just went in for no reason, our AI winger insisted on being the first one into the zone almost every time because he would be leading the rush, and then he'd just get destroyed and lose the puck every time. This game plays so stupid right now.

I actually had a realization that with the current tuner set, NHL 10 might be a better game because at least in that one, the AI didn't force bad passes when you didn't call for them, they would shoot the puck more, and there wasn't that 2 second delay when trying to get rid of the puck or telling the AI to shoot. As it is now, the gameplay has been pretty ugly.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, this "season" is probably a complete loss. We're 12 games under .500 and have lost 8 games in a row. I don't think anybody here is worried about the team record right now. Obviously, we still want to play good hockey and try to win games, but now is as good a time as any to gain some experience and level your player up. Everybody is more than welcome to play tonight.

My problem was that when the goalie decided to reach to his left to "cover" the puck, you would think that he would of realized that it wasn't there. Aparently that means nothing since he tried again.

The tuner set really sucks, I tried to play HUT and couldn't do anything (somehow lost a game where I had 17 minutes time on attack to the AI's 30 seconds... and the AI won). I had close to 40 shots while the AI had 3, and they ALL went in. One of those was the goalie getting sniped from center ice, and I was about to throw my xbox out my window.

[quote name='Magicking610']My problem was that when the goalie decided to reach to his left to "cover" the puck, you would think that he would of realized that it wasn't there. Aparently that means nothing since he tried again.[/QUOTE]

So, are you saying that the goalie wasn't you? Both Alan and Gary were asking about that. My guess is he reached to his left because he had no idea where the puck was. Again, once it gets behind him, that puck could bounce anywhere. Yes, because it's a videogame we know that after the puck hits off the goalie, it bounces straight up in the air, lands on his back/shoulder, and then rolls behind him. But if you're trying to be at all realistic he shouldn't just know "oh, after the puck hits me, it's going to do this". I don't see how you can get that mad over a shitty bounce on a save the goalie couldn't make cleanly. There are far more pressing issues in the game than this stupid shit.[/QUOTE]

It was me, I was speaking in third person. And I know there are more pressing issues in the game, but if a goalie can't save a puck on the goal line (since it seems to happen every game), isn't that rather pressing? For every flaw the AI goalies have, the humans seem to have a couple that seem simple enough to do in real life. But yeah, who gives a shit? Goalies are get fucked over anyway.

[quote name='Magicking610']It was me, I was speaking in third person. And I know there are more pressing issues in the game, but if a goalie can't save a puck on the goal line (since it seems to happen every game), isn't that rather pressing? For every flaw the AI goalies have, the humans seem to have a couple that seem simple enough to do in real life. But yeah, who gives a shit? Goalies are get fucked over anyway.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me, but that seems pretty realistic. You see a lot of goals in real life where the puck just kind of bounces around a little bit and finds its way in the net. It's not that unusual for the goalie to be frantically looking around for it, and even knocking it across the crease.

[quote name='ChunkyB']Maybe it's just me, but that seems pretty realistic. You see a lot of goals in real life where the puck just kind of bounces around a little bit and finds its way in the net. It's not that unusual for the goalie to be frantically looking around for it, and even knocking it across the crease.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's realistic, but how many times it happens isn't. I swear I see it at least once every 5 days, and that one only stuck out because the goalie tried to cover the same exact spot twice.

[quote name='Magicking610']Yeah, it's realistic, but how many times it happens isn't. I swear I see it at least once every 5 days, and that one only stuck out because the goalie tried to cover the same exact spot twice.[/QUOTE]

When you play the game all day every day, it makes sense that you'd see it a lot.

[quote name='Magicking610']It was me, I was speaking in third person. And I know there are more pressing issues in the game, but if a goalie can't save a puck on the goal line (since it seems to happen every game), isn't that rather pressing? For every flaw the AI goalies have, the humans seem to have a couple that seem simple enough to do in real life. But yeah, who gives a shit? Goalies are get fucked over anyway.[/QUOTE]

Oh, we're speaking in third person? Sweet. Well, Nate believes that you've already demonstrated a lack of understanding for what happened on that play. Nate feels that you've largely ignored the comments left by others. And he genuinely thinks that you're just upset that you didn't know what to do on a play like that and it made you look like a bad goalie. Nate is truly shocked by that possibility. :shock: :^o

Nate also thinks Alan already answered this whole issue above, and continuing to talk about one stupid replay where nothing that unusual even happened is a little ridiculous. However, Nate does enjoy referring to himself in the third person, and it has him contemplating changing his skater name to "The Nate", and referring to himself as "The Nate" when in professional settings. In case you lack the necessary motor skills or comprehension to scroll up, The Nate will now re-post Alan's comment that should have resolved this entire issue. Thank you for your participation. The Nate greatly looks forward to making fun of the next stupid thing you say.

[quote name='moojuice']Secondly, the goalie kicked it in himself. He would have been better skating away and letting a Dman pick it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Magicking610']My problem was that when the goalie decided to reach to his left to "cover" the puck, you would think that he would of realized that it wasn't there. Aparently that means nothing since he tried again.

The tuner set really sucks, I tried to play HUT and couldn't do anything (somehow lost a game where I had 17 minutes time on attack to the AI's 30 seconds... and the AI won). I had close to 40 shots while the AI had 3, and they ALL went in. One of those was the goalie getting sniped from center ice, and I was about to throw my xbox out my window.[/QUOTE]

You do have a point with HUT. Now maybe people will see why I have been so upset with it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Oh, we're speaking in third person? Sweet. Well, Nate believes that you've already demonstrated a lack of understanding for what happened on that play. Nate feels that you've largely ignored the comments left by others. And he genuinely thinks that you're just upset that you didn't know what to do on a play like that and it made you look like a bad goalie. Nate is truly shocked by that possibility. :shock: :^o

Nate also thinks Alan already answered this whole issue above, and continuing to talk about one stupid replay where nothing that unusual even happened is a little ridiculous. However, Nate does enjoy referring to himself in the third person, and it has him contemplating changing his skater name to "The Nate", and referring to himself as "The Nate" when in professional settings. In case you lack the necessary motor skills or comprehension to scroll up, The Nate will now re-post Alan's comment that should have resolved this entire issue. Thank you for your participation. The Nate greatly looks forward to making fun of the next stupid thing you say.[/QUOTE]

I think my Avatar sums it up quite nicely.....man you had Gary Russell laughing out loud The Nate.

Nobody around tonight? I saw Darktower get on for a minute, but when I finished my basketball game, he wasn't on anymore. Just so nobody is confused, I'm not playing NBA 2K11 because I don't want to play NHL. I'm just waiting on people to show up.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Hey, sorry for missing this. But I saw that you're on the Crotxchx Panthers roster, so I'm guessing that's where you want to be (though I have no idea if they're ever going to play...you'd have to work that out with Sean). I added you to that roster in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there were join requests the other day from him and 3 other guys. I tried accepting them, and all of them were on other teams already.

Also, as soon as you started referring to yourself in the third person, I was going to suggest "The Nate", and then I read it. Do you herp what The Nate is derpin'?

EDIT: I saw Magic on MW2, you on NBA, and Brandon at the dash when I checked Xbox.com, so I've been watching stuff from my nearly full DVR. I've been planning on playing tonight.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Oh, we're speaking in third person? Sweet. Well, Nate believes that you've already demonstrated a lack of understanding for what happened on that play. Nate feels that you've largely ignored the comments left by others. And he genuinely thinks that you're just upset that you didn't know what to do on a play like that and it made you look like a bad goalie. Nate is truly shocked by that possibility. :shock: :^o

Nate also thinks Alan already answered this whole issue above, and continuing to talk about one stupid replay where nothing that unusual even happened is a little ridiculous. However, Nate does enjoy referring to himself in the third person, and it has him contemplating changing his skater name to "The Nate", and referring to himself as "The Nate" when in professional settings. In case you lack the necessary motor skills or comprehension to scroll up, The Nate will now re-post Alan's comment that should have resolved this entire issue. Thank you for your participation. The Nate greatly looks forward to making fun of the next stupid thing you say.[/QUOTE]

Alright, make fun of the next stupid thing I say: I think this team is awesome.

What, don't want to make fun of that? You know it's a stupid lie, because according to you, every fucking thing I say is a god damned lie.

Yeah, that's smooth.

billy-dee-williams-smile.jpg

[quote name='Magicking610']Alright, make fun of the next stupid thing I say: I think this team is awesome.

What, don't want to make fun of that? You know it's a stupid lie, because according to you, every fucking thing I say is a god damned lie.[/QUOTE]

Glad you agree that you think were awesome. We suck when somebody is literally trying for a hat trick and not passing......or dodging away from a puck.

[quote name='Magicking610']Alright, make fun of the next stupid thing I say: I think this team is awesome.

What, don't want to make fun of that? You know it's a stupid lie, because according to you, every fucking thing I say is a god damned lie.[/QUOTE]

Everybody on the team is tired of you and doesn't want to play with you. Don't be a crazy ex-girlfriend. Move on.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Everybody on the team is tired of you and doesn't want to play with you. Don't be a crazy ex-girlfriend. Move on.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, same feeling. Already moved on and have won 12 straight games.

[quote name='Magicking610']Yeah, same feeling. Already moved on and have won 12 straight games.[/QUOTE]

Crazy ex-girlfriend translation: "I'm already dating someone else...and he's sooooo much hotter than you anyway."

Good for you magic. We will miss you screaming like a little girl and running away from the puck when your goalie and your puck hogging when your trying to score a hat trick and not passing. I miss ye already.

Anyways, Look likes I'll be out of commission for a couple weeks. The slims is going back to MS to get the DRE fixed.

So anybody planning on playing tonight? I've been sick the past couple days so I don't know how useful I'll be, but I haven't played NHL since Friday, so it would be nice to get some games in tonight.

I was planning on plying tonight but I have to be to work at 6 am tomorrow so tonight just didn't work for me. Will be around for Friday though and wll be able to play very late.

Just came in to say that the vid is damn awesome lol been so long since I played with you guys online. Hope you all are well.

Hey Kazo!

I checked in around 7 my time and saw Nate at the dashboard, Gary (who I didn't expect to be playing anyway) on Scott Pilgrim, and no one else on, so I watched the Kings game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back