Official NHL 16 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - EASHL Is Back! Join The Hershey Nuggets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm down for some till about 12 am. Then I'm going to watch some Captain America Civil War on Vudu.

I started up Horizon last night and with my saves gone, I don't even want to play again honestly.
You didn't have your saves in the cloud? That sucks. Mine sync'd up immediately, and I had all my F&F cars again, haha.

I'll try to be on tonight

[twitter]NintendoAmerica/status/771350509118685185[/twitter]

[twitter]NintendoAmerica/status/771354200575975424[/twitter]

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Don't try talking me out of these Gary.
But they don't DO anything, Alan. ;)

Nope because it was on my 360 HDD till it cropped out. Only game I actually didn't mind restarting is Red Dead.

Also, that Link one is cool Alan and Poochy, but stil.....WHY?!

Is the only difference between nhl 17 and Nhl 17 Deluxe Edition is I get the hut packs for 25 weeks instead of 10 weeks, and with the pre order of either I'll also get the extra pre order packs for the first 10 weeks also? Thanks for any help.

I got an interesting email from Google Fiber explaining why it's taking them so long to get service installed in Nashville. I'll put the full email in spoilers, but in short...they can't install their stuff until Comcast moves its crap out of the way. And what a huge shock, Comcast is dragging its feet and won't do it.

So, even though the Net Neutrality vote acknowledged Google Fiber as a basic utility and granted them access to use telephone poles, they still can't do anything if other companies don't make room for them. The email states that they need to install wires on 44,000 poles...and in 18 months of work, they've only been able to do 33 poles. For anyone who wants a good laugh, at that rate, they'll complete the job in 2,000 years. Wow. I can't wait for my super fast, futuristic internet!  :roll:

Hi there,

I'm Martha, and I lead Google Fiber's operations here in Nashville.

There's been a lot of talk about Fiber in Nashville and an ordinance the Metro Council is thinking about. It's called One Touch Make Ready. We've been getting many questions about it and want to let folks know what it is all about.

Our plan for building the Fiber network in Nashville involves using utility poles. These poles currently carry your telephone, electricity, and even your TV and Internet. Before we attach fiber, existing wires often need to be moved so that the poles are "made ready" for the new wires.

The current system for making poles ready was designed decades ago. Each provider that is already on a pole—like AT&T and Comcast—needs to move their wires one at a time before a new provider can add theirs. That means multiple construction crews coming through your neighborhoods, which can result in street closures, traffic and months of delay as each provider waits for the other ones before doing their work.

Now, Google Fiber in Nashville is a pretty big project. Over 44,000 poles need to be made ready for us to bring super fast Internet to our city. But at the moment, the make ready process is really slow. After 18 months of deployment, only 33 poles have been made ready. That is a key reason why, to date, we have only been able to offer service in a few buildings.

We want to go faster, and we know you want us to go faster, too. The "One Touch Make Ready" proposal would get poles ready for a new network, in just one visit. All by a skilled worker approved by the pole owner. Fewer touches. Less mess. Less traffic. Less wasted time.

We think the One Touch ordinance proposed by Councilman Anthony Davis and sixteen other council members makes good sense. It will allow us to bring super fast Internet and choice to the people and businesses of Nashville. Some existing providers disagree, and would prefer to keep the current system. This is all being debated and voted on nextTuesday, September 6, starting at 5 PM, at the Metro Courthouse, One Public Square.

If you want more choice for super fast Internet, and support "One Touch Make Ready," you can:

You can go here to learn more about One Touch Make Ready and what it can mean for Nashville.

We want to bring Fiber to more of Nashville and can't wait to see what you will do with super fast Internet.

Martha Ivester, Google Fiber Nashville

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble just unlocked the rest of the September games for the monthly bundle. In addition to SOMA, it includes The Banner Saga, WWE 2K16, Sheltered, Epistory, and Town of Salem. Not bad at all for $12.

And next month's featured game is Grim Dawn...which retails on Steam for $25. Not sure if it's a game I'm interested in, but the value they give you in these monthlies is really incredible.

So watching King of the Hill as per my norm every day, this popped up on Adult Swim Alan and I immediately thought of you.

https://youtu.be/0oBx7Jg4m-o

Rob, Alan, and Gary. Be sure to load up EASHL and get your achievement for winning a playoff trophy. We finally won an Amateur Cup tonight (on our second attempt, haha).

Microsoft took out $60 for 17. So that's paid off (The ultimate edition as it was on sale) and already preloaded.

Thanks for the reminder also. Onto 17 this Thursday!!

Well...so far, the CPU is pure bullshit in this game. You know how in past years they started making the CPU crash the goalie and cherry pick the way douchey players online do? Well, now they seem to spam stick lift the same way douchey players online do. I'm playing on All-Star difficulty, but Jesus Christ...I can barely recover the puck in my zone before I'm just getting mercilessly assaulted. And not one penalty on them yet either.

Also, Rinne is a 91 OVR...and he's given up 4 goals on 8 shots. And they're just regular shots. Just stuff thrown at the net that's going in. Really hope this game hasn't reached Madden levels of the CPU just stroking its ego and giving itself every possible break.

EDIT - Game 1 result...Chicago finishes with 6 goals on 20 shots. I get 1 on 16 shots. They took one penalty all game...and finished with 84% passing. Going to lower the difficulty and see if it makes any difference. But God damn that was a garbage game.

Game 2, on Pro difficulty...lost 1-0 to Colorado. Pretty even game, but the CPU passing is so flawless. 86% for the Avs. They took one penalty, I took three. They doubled me in time on attack, but with the penalties and that puck movement, it's not suprising. Forecheck and stick lift are pretty crazy though. Many "I couldn't even do anything with it" moments.

Game 3...decided to try out Draft Champions. Paid no attention to the difficulty, so I don't know what it sets it at, but I kicked the living shit out of the Flyers. I was up 6-0 with a minute left in the game (douche shot hat trick with my boyfriend Filip Forsberg, haha). Then they got back to back pity goals to make it 6-2.

So far, it just feels like NHL. Same frustrations we're used to..with a few new ones sprinkled here and there. The notion that the gameplay is "better" though is silly and any review that suggests it is just being an EA ass kisser. It's the same game we've been playing for the better part of a decade.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason EA sent me a code for a free month of EA access, so I guess I'll be there for Suffer Friday
Yeah, I got one too...even though I'm subscribed to EA Access. Not sure if it can be used to add a month onto my subscription or not, but yay for getting picked...I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back