Official NHL 16 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - EASHL Is Back! Join The Hershey Nuggets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA logic. I play LW in 16, we get destroyed because of horrendous AI. I play LW in 17 and actually score. Maybe it IS an upgrade. Can't wait for hockey night.

Random question: Nate, is it safe to assume you will not be running a Madden league this year? I hadn't thought much about the game, even while watching preseason football. But I just turned on my Xbox and saw an ad for the EA Access trial, and it made me curious.

Random question: Nate, is it safe to assume you will not be running a Madden league this year? I hadn't thought much about the game, even while watching preseason football. But I just turned on my Xbox and saw an ad for the EA Access trial, and it made me curious.
Yeah, I was about 75% certain I wasn't...then I played the trial...and now I'm 100% certain I won't. I'm not buying it this year.

I just had this sequence happen:

1. On 3rd and long, Andrew Luck throws a complete lame duck lob pass across his body to a nobody near him Wesley Woodyard (87 OVR). Woodyard steps forward to make the easy INT....and the ball hits off his hands.

2. Colts punt...my returner muffs it. Fortunately, my other man back recovered it, but not before another player picked up an illegal block in the back penalty knocking me another 10 yards back...to my own 14 yard line.

3. Facing 3rd and 10, Marcus Mariota overthrows a wide open Delanie Walker in the middle of the field by about 5 yards.

4. After the punt, I get the Colts backed up, then get huge pressure on Andrew Luck, dropping him for a 15 yard loss sack...but wait, facemask.

I want no part of Madden this year. Nothing about the game feels at all different from last year's crapfest. Just so many random bullshit plays that are completely out of your control. It legitimately feels like the game is cheating at times. It just isn't worth it anymore. Not to mention NHL comes out two weeks later. I'd rather just to commit myself to that, and at least save myself half of the EA headache.

A few clips from that Madden game last night. Worth it for the final play alone. Anyone considering Madden this year just needs to watch this.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbI-wTBagZs[/youtube]

Geez. I downloaded the trial yesterday, but still haven't played it. Regardless, I was already pretty sure about skipping both Madden and NHL this year. They'll end up on EA Access anyway. We got 1 season out of the Madden 16 league, and I barely played NHL 16. The NHL 17 beta didn't do much to make me want to play more. Recent sports games just haven't been very appealing to me, save for NBA 2K16 (sorry, Alan).

Hey guys. Long time no speak. The madden plays actually aren't far off from what happens on the NFL aside from the entire defense team kicking the fumble around considering there were no colts in the area. My biggest beef with Madden is how complex it got. It's a video game, not a Belichick bye week scheme plan.

Hey guys. Long time no speak. The madden plays actually aren't far off from what happens on the NFL aside from the entire defense team kicking the fumble around considering there were no colts in the area. My biggest beef with Madden is how complex it got. It's a video game, not a Belichick bye week scheme plan.
Hey, Destro. How's it going? Maybe...but it's not the way it works in Madden AGAINST the CPU. If you throw that same ill-advised pass with a CPU defender in that same position, it's almost always an INT. And then the excessive penalty calls that I have no control over. The game is just randomly deciding where and when penalties occur...and 9 times out of 10, it negates something good that I did (big gain, QB sack, etc.) As for the kicking the ball down the field...maybe a little...but Jesus Christ...that didn't seem a little bit exaggerated? To me, it looked glitched. Nobody was even reaching for it...just running forward into it.

You're right about it being complex though. You have to know exactly what defenses stop certain plays. And even then...you can have a defender or two just randomly not play their assignment. But again, that comes off feeling like something out of my control. That's my biggest problem with Madden at this point. There are too many things that have nothing to do with whether I called/made the right play. That's basically what that entire video is.

Haha, God damn...you guys have me scared now.

In other news, got my first Preds tickets of the season. Preseason game against the Lightning on 10/1. Testing my new strategy of embracing shitty seats that have great convenience (back row next to the entrance on the aisle). Keeping my wife and daughter happy with easy concessions and bathroom trips could mean more games attended for me, haha. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-hockey tonight?

Funny thing I saw today...Joe Rogan got to watch himself fight Nick Diaz in EA UFC 2. The best part is when he notices what a terrible job EA does of actually stopping the fight properly. It's like the idea of EA doing good work just explodes before his eyes, lol.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxcUCoI2gxA[/youtube]

I'm down for some till about 12 am. Then I'm going to watch some Captain America Civil War on Vudu.

I started up Horizon last night and with my saves gone, I don't even want to play again honestly.

I'll try to be on tonight

[twitter]NintendoAmerica/status/771350509118685185[/twitter]

[twitter]NintendoAmerica/status/771354200575975424[/twitter]

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Don't try talking me out of these Gary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back