Official NHL 17 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Ausfahrt Banditos: The Res-Erection

Frostbite is new for Madden, and that seems to be part of the story mode push.  FIFA did the same thing when it went to Frostbite.

Edit - Lol at the Youtube guy dying trying to talk about the new NFS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ughhh...Need For Speed: Payback actually looks interesting (that Jesse Wellens guy is an idiot tool bag though). Need For Speed always looks amazing and plays like shit though. But I'll look forward to it being added to EA Access, lol :lol:

EA's Prison Break game looks cool. But the developer messed up saying his own name and is having trouble describing the features of his game. So, I'm a little like...

C4HWV-NW8AAsLU5.jpg

Oh boy...NBA Live is a thing again. Why bother, EA? You're not going to catch 2K. Make an MLB game. You'd have no competition on Xbox and Switch.

Free demo for NBA Live in August. Early enough to cancel the game, lol.

Well, fuck me. Full Hard on for Star Wars. Just Pre Ordered the Deluxe edition.

Now to see how much a Scorpio Pre Order is going to cost tomorrow.

I'm definitely excited for Battlefront II, hopefully it will be everything that I wanted the first one to be.

Also, what makes SWAT 4 a must buy?

Hopefully Need for Speed is good again. It basically looks like Fast and Furious The Game.

Swat 4 is good because it's basically the bast tactical police game out there. It's has a good balance between realism and fun. And you can shoot beanbag shotguns at people. And tazers. And pepperspray paintballs.

My only worry with SWAT would be how much of a pain it is to set up for online. I thought on GOG it mentioned being LAN only...which would mean we'd have to Hamachi it. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Hopefully Need for Speed is good again. It basically looks like Fast and Furious The Game.

Swat 4 is good because it's basically the bast tactical police game out there. It's has a good balance between realism and fun. And you can shoot beanbag shotguns at people. And tazers. And pepperspray paintballs.
I wait for the day when a VR system can simulate smell. Just for that last part. Pepperballs suck.

Scorpio to be called Xbox One X and is out November 7th.

Liquid cooled...and somehow even smaller than the S. WTF? How they do?

I still need to play that game, heard so many goof things about it.

Since it's a prequel though, missed chance to call it "How Life got Strange"

I still need to play that game, heard so many goof things about it.

Since it's a prequel though, missed chance to call it "How Life got Strange"
Yeah, it's a really great story. And I just loved the vibe of it. Really cool music. Cool atmosphere. Great voice acting. Interesting game mechanics. Just really laid back and enjoyable.

Anthem looks great graphically, but I don't know...not my style I guess. Something about it just feels unoriginal. Like it's just copying a bunch of different games.

I have Life is Strange in my library still. I always say, Yeah I'll play it, then never do.

At $500, I don't care. Even if it was $600. Anything above $600 and I would have passed. I guess I'll always be an Xbox Fanboy.

Cuphead looked good when I first saw it, now I'm over it. Espically since it's like one of those shoot em up games like Raiden. Jusy. it my style at all. I thought it would have been a 2d side scroller.

I will say, Phil Spencer is amazing. I'm glad they got rid of that Moore dude.

Anthem looks so awesome. Definitely picking it up.

Yesterday EA showed A Way Out. Didn't realize the WHOLE game was split screen. Might have to pass on that now. Messes with my eyes to much.

Yesterday EA showed A Way Out. Didn't realize the WHOLE game was split screen. Might have to pass on that now. Messes with my eyes to much.
I think it looks interesting from an indie game perspective. But it doesn't have the charm of their indie reveal from last year (Unravel)...which looked amazing, but also, had a sweet story and natural appeal.

With A Way Out, it kind of looks like it wants to be a big budget release, but graphically, it looked a little dated. The premise is neat. But it's going to depend on how well it plays. If it's not great, it probably won't sell very well.

It is unbelievable how many goals the Preds have gotten screwed out of in this series. The ref fucked up, so Murray gets bailed out. Ridiculous fucking horseshit.

The ending of that Wolfenstein trailer :rofl:

The whole trailer was pretty good too, makes me want to go back and play the two recent ones again.

It is what it is anymore with the NHL. I didn't even bother watching Game 6. Murray is just ridiculous honestly. Some of the saves he made, amazing and two cups as a Rookie? Kid is going places. That's the plus side. Imagine Nashville with Murray. Man, what a powerhouse.

It is what it is anymore with the NHL. I didn't even bother watching Game 6. Murray is just ridiculous honestly. Some of the saves he made, amazing and two cups as a Rookie? Kid is going places. That's the plus side. Imagine Nashville with Murray. Man, what a powerhouse.
Yeah, Crosby getting the Conn Smythe over Murray or Malkin is even more proof of bullshit.

People have been like "don't bitch about the refs...the rules are the rules. And Nashville was 0-5 on the powerplay", and yeah, that's fair. But I don't know how anybody could dispute the two goals Nashville had taken off the board having a major impact. As far as "rules being rules", that first goal in game 1 was ruled a goal on the ice. The rulebook says you can't overturn the ruling on the ice without conclusive evidence proving the call was wrong. After about a million looks at the play, there STILL isn't conclusive proof that Forsberg's blade lifted off the ice. And yet...no goal.

Then game 6, ok, the ref has to blow the whistle when he loses sight of the puck. But he was in such a bad position to see what was going on in front of the net, I don't know why he wouldn't have waited the one second it would have taken for him to get closer behind the net. As for the impact of that call...Hornqvist didn't score the Pens go ahead goal until there was 1:43 left in the 3rd. If the Preds had been up 1-0 (as they should have been), Murray is pulled from his net before that Hornqvist goal ever happens. So, who knows how that sequence would have played out.

So, yeah..."don't cry about the refs". Yeah, I get it. But how in the hell can anybody deny that Game 1 and Game 6 were drastically affected by what turned out to be bad calls that benefited Pittsburgh? At the very least, you have to acknowledge that the Pens were incredibly fortunate to win those two games.

I'm trying not to be a sore loser, man. And Pens fans have countered with "the ref called zero penalties on Nashville in game 6". But getting goals taken away is just different. And those were two critical ones that just made things easier for Pittsburgh.

Oh right, you've been pepper sprayed, right?

Also, this is a good deal if you use the Amazon app store- buy in is 1.00, and you get 500 coins ($5) for the appstore

https://www.humblebundle.com/e3-digital-ticket
Yep, we have to for work. It sucks. If I never got pepper-sprayed again it would be too soon. Granted the pepperballs I think are worse. We use them for extractions and riots (which thankfully we haven't had any). I've had a couple experiences with them and they are pure hell and they last awhile. The first time I came across them was after they were used 3 or 4 days before to get a guy out of his cell who was refusing to go to court. I opened up the door to get some stuff out of it, and the floor was just covered in white dust from them. The other encounter was a couple months ago when we activated out extraction team to get a guy out of his cell. He was refusing to cuff up and move. I was on the lower level at the desk and at least 35 feet away from the door. They smashed two balls on the floor of the cell and then closed the food tray slot to let them work their magic. Within a matter of minutes the whole area was sheeted in the smell. I was coughing, sneezing, and had burning eyes non-stop for about 2 hours afterwards. I could still feel the stuff in my sinuses the next morning.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds listed as a "console launch exclusive", but coming "late 2017".
Although this wasn't exactly a big secret as they had previously said it was coming to consoles, getting an estimated release date was probably what I was most anticipating. It will be interesting to see how many people it will support at a time.

The ending of that Wolfenstein trailer :rofl:

The whole trailer was pretty good too, makes me want to go back and play the two recent ones again.
I have to go back and finish Old Blood. I absolutely loved The New Order and I think was one of the first games that I 100% on the X1.

No, I feel your pain Nate. Lightning vs Blackhawks in 15. It's a tough pill to swallow when your a die hard fan. It sucks, I know. Hell, Lightning vs Penguins in 16 for the ECF. It stings and always will. Sadly those were the two years where all the cards fell Into place to make it so far, only to see it crumble, and it just didn't happen. Who knows if they will ever be hot again to make it to the Finals. I've just gotten to the point where I'm like eh, it's just a game that we can't influence and, well, shit head fans are going to be shit head fans no matter what.

bread's done
Back