Official NHL 17 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Ausfahrt Banditos: The Res-Erection

The thing I hate is that now you have NHL.com saying that he has solidified himself as one of the top 4 greatest of all-time... Really? I personally hate these conversations regardless of sport.  When it comes to NFL, NHL, NBA, Boxing, and a few others (MLB is one that I think comparing generations is a little more arguable) there have been so many rule changes that you cannot reasonably compare a player from the 60s to a player today.  Is Crosby a great player... Absolutely, but would he physically be able to hold up in an era where the majority of the "penalties" against him would not have been called, and many of his bitchass antics would have earned him a beatdown.

The audience is fake though. Not fake but, footage taken from else where
Yeah, I questioned that. Some of the reactions were a bit over the top. I'm a little confused what Devolver gets out of all this. Seems like a lot of effort to be silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a second, you sure that's not Hootie? lol

So a Ark dev said the "XB1X Is Like a PC with GTX 1070 & 16GB RAM; Game Runs at 1080P@60"

I don't know computer specs anymore. So no idea what gibberish he is speaking.

http://wccftech.com/ark-dev-xb1x-like-gtx-1070/

Also reading on Reddit of developers saying they have a game running at 4k 60 FPS once they got their dev kit. That's awesome. I really can't wait for it to come out now. I also believe that PUBG is going to release right along side it as well.

Well, a 1070 costs $400 by itself. So, that shows how reasonably priced the XoX actually is. Anybody who complains about the price doesn't understand what's under the hood.

So, the Preds released their injury list today. No wonder they had trouble scoring down the stretch.

James Neal broke his hand in game 1 against Anaheim and had to have cortisone shots every day. Mike Fisher got a concussion from the bullshit "throwing yourself into the air and kneeing somebody in the face isn't a penalty" by Josh Manson (it's really insane how it goes from that to lightly pushing one of the Pens with your stick is attempted murder, lol..fucking soft team). And Craig Smith had a sprained ankle for basically the entire playoffs.

They didn't say anything about Ryan Ellis's injury, but I'm almost certain he played with broken ribs. On the other side of injury news, both Fiala and Johansen are ahead of schedule on their recoveries. Johansen even said he'll be able to start skating in two weeks. And they're both expected to be fully recovered by the opening of camp.

Hockey night!! Yeahh!! Two nights I look forward too all week actually. Finally got around to watching Heat yesterday. What a great movie. The gun sounds are absolutely amazing.

Yup, XoX is a bargain, despite what $300 console putchasers might think. It is legitimately a next level system.

I guess the biggest negatives would be that you're still limited to Microsoft's offerings and there's no option to build off of it. But purely as a technological snapshot in time, you can't beat it.

I just find it funny how people think it's over priced for $500. It isn't. The article even said that to add a UHD optical drive, bumps the price up a lot. I mean, it's funny when you think about it because the Xbox One S is now one of the cheapest 4k players out there right now.

I just find it funny how people think it's over priced for $500. It isn't. The article even said that to add a UHD optical drive, bumps the price up a lot. I mean, it's funny when you think about it because the Xbox One S is now one of the cheapest 4k players out there right now.
Yup, 100% agree. Barring any RROD-like catastrophies with the liquid cooling or the smaller size, Microsoft will easily have the two most efficient and effective consoles on the market with the S and the X. Hmm...now they just need a mid-tier model and call it the Xbox One E :lol:

Ha Ha Ha. And now introducing Microsoft's Xbox Line, THE SEX BOX!! Wait, wouldn't the Xbox One Elite Console be mid tier now? We could just name that the E lol.

They did mention they could get 4k with 30 fps at I believe 652. That's tempting for when we move out into our own house and I can get my own gaming room. Buy also, need ANOTHER 4k tv at that point.

Microsoft E3 2018 Conference:

Phil Spencer: "Microsoft has everything to fill your needs in any price range. You can get the bargain Xbox One S for $249, the mid-tier Xbox One E for $349, or the most powerful console ever made, the Xbox One X for $499. S, E, X, the best choices to keep gamers feeling satisfied."

:lol:

Ha Ha, IF Only they did that.

Tomorrow the protected lost will be revealed at 9AM CST. I saw the Captials released theirs already. Can't wait to see the rest of the protected lists.

Not sure if anybody knew or doesn't have it but, the Forza Horizon 3 Season Pass is on sale till tomorrow, I believe. It's $17

Ugh...I hate the Preds new jersey. They described it using bullshit hipster words like "streamlined" and "cleaner look". To me, it just looks like boring, unimaginative shit. The Reebok jersey was so much better looking.

predators-jersey-adidas.jpg

Yup, I completely agree. Taking out all of the piping is asinine. It made the jersey look more sleek and sexy. The new Adidas one looks like something you could make in Minecraft. Just blocky as hell with nothing going on. To make matters worse, the NHL shield is chrome now. So stupid. Make the jerseys plain...and then make the league logo shiny as fuck. Sounds like a Bettman BJ to me.

EDIT - Annnnd everybody on the Preds Facebook page hates the new jerseys. Not sure if every team is getting this kind of reaction. I haven't seen all of the jerseys yet, but some of them looked almost identical in style to the Reebok ones. People are saying the Preds is the worst of the bunch...and are comparing it to the mustard jersey, lol. It's bad.

EDIT 2 - And somebody on Reddit has "fixed" them already, lol. It's ridiculous how small a change it took to not make them look like ass.

CWLDdPu.png

The most confusing thing in all of this is Adidas owns Reebok. Soooo...what the hell was the point in all of this? (other than trying to generate revenue by forcing fans to buy new jerseys). It's the same damn company.

It's cheaper to make with the materials Adidas uses and Reebok has left the hockey industry and stopped producing gear and now jerseys. If you see a player using a Reebok branded stick, it's mostly a repainted stick of another companies. Adidas has been thinking of selling off Reebok as well lately.

As expected, the Preds lose James Neal. Basically ends up amounting to a club option for the final year of his deal. He was making $5 million a season. With both Arvidsson and Johansen being RFAs (and with Arvy due for a big raise), it probably does make sense to free up that money. I don't feel like Neal ever reached his potential with the Preds anyway.

Will be interesting to see if they go after somebody like Oshie in free agency. Or if they just trust the youth to continue carrying them forward. One concern I have with losing Neal was he was also a physical player...and several of the Preds prospects are small, speedy guys. Can't wait to see what happens after July 1st.

New Creative A.I. also means your teammates leverage all the same creative tools as you do for beautiful, intelligent decision-making all over the ice, including board passes and through-passing into space.

• CREATIVE TEAMMATE A.I. – Your A.I. teammates now leverage all the same creative deking and passing tools that you do, creating smarter plays up and down the ice. Teammates are better at finding you in breakout opportunities through off-the-boards bank passing, lead passing and improved positioning. A.I. will also use the new Defensive Skill Stick, making them more effective teammates in your own zone.
Mike-Tyson-clapping-and-laughing.gif

Also, NHL THREES sounds mostly stupid (other than the 3 on 3 EASHL mode where you don't have to have AI...they should just always do it like that when you match club size)...but it's clear that's where they put 99% of their development time.

It's got a single player campaign, new arenas, new presentation, and even a new commentator. I can see myself playing this just to feel like I'm not playing NHL 16.3. It's just too bad they couldn't put this much effort into the actual simulation part of their simulation hockey game. I guess I should just be glad THREES doesn't have microtransactions.

Interesting thoughts on the new Threes mode. Also found out that any time you have less than 4 players in EASHL, you'll get put into a 3v3 lobby (not Threes...but 3v3 EASHL). So, no more 5 of us against 2 man teams. Not sure how I feel about that because there is something to be said for learning how to play properly with a full team. But on the other hand, people won't be able to just cherry pick and rely on their AI to play defense too. I guess EA figured the best way to fix the AI is just to remove them completely, lol. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAe1qmB-9ew

This guy gives one of the most honest, non EA dick riding opinions on NHL. Really calls them out on the AI too, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnIKVBsDg8I

This guy gives one of the most honest, non EA dick riding opinions on NHL. Really calls them out on the AI too, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnIKVBsDg8I
At this point, I think any analysis on EA's upcoming NHL games is pointless, as we all know they talk up their features to a crazy extent, and like to boast minor improvements as game changers. We need to actually see normal gameplay. "You can now move your stick WHILE you skate, it's like the defense is reborn again!" fuck off EA. We all know that it won't mean anything as pucks will still go through solid objects, and magnetic pucks will always take priority over any sort of logic.

Any interest in splitting a four-pack of the Zombie Armie Trilogy. Steam has it for 26.99.
I already go the first two so I'm out on that one.

At this point, I think any analysis on EA's upcoming NHL games is pointless, as we all know they talk up their features to a crazy extent, and like to boast minor improvements as game changers. We need to actually see normal gameplay. "You can now move your stick WHILE you skate, it's like the defense is reborn again!" fuck off EA. We all know that it won't mean anything as pucks will still go through solid objects, and magnetic pucks will always take priority over any sort of logic.
Yeah, definitely. I've just been curious to watch some of the various NHL Streamers/Youtubers to see who's just content to blow EA, and who has eyeballs and a brain in their head, haha. A lot of the comments have been "Dude...it looks so good. The dekes look just absolutely sick." Blah, blah...garbage, garbage.

But this guy was like "hey...if defensive skill stick doesn't work, it's going to be a nightmare trying to stop all these overpowered offensive moves." He also raised the point that if the NHL team doesn't make the effort to move the game to Frostbite for NHL 19, it will be basically 3 development years behind FIFA...which is embarrassing.

Game Informer also has an article of "60 Things We Know About NHL 18" that tells a lot.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nhl_18/b/playstation4/archive/2017/06/21/game-informer-nhl-18-preview.aspx

They openly admit that because of working on Threes, there are no changes at all to EASHL or the HUT auction house. Well, I take that back, you can now select a mouthguard in EASHL...

I already go the first two so I'm out on that one.
Yeah, I've got the second one, and was never blown away with it. The few times we played it, the maps seemed kind of repetitive.

Another 4 pack option is Depth...basically Dead By Daylight with sharks, haha. It is $14.99 (so $3.75 each)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274940/Depth/

bread's done
Back