Official NHL Not 15 (14) Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Headsets On Pants Off! New Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm around on XBL. Hopefully we can get at least three people, as it's only fun if you have more people to suffer with you. Shoot me a message on XBL if you guys show up.

Yeah...so, I finally got a chance to try another new Rift game from that list Gary posted...and this is going to be the most awesome shit on the Rift. I'm calling it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-7cCp7QazE

Not sure if they tried an earlier build or what, but the one I tried had multiple environments and an incredible sense of scale. It's seriously like Blade Runner, Deus Ex, and The Matrix rolled into one. Just awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd get a rift if they had a Matrix like game where You jack in, jack out......so dirty. 

But you'd have an operator who could load programs and makes you learn new moves or a specific gun. Sounds so far fetched but one of those "It has potential" games. 

Wait... Magic is 17 now? I thought he said he was around that age about 3 years ago.

Anyway, hello Magicking. I have been doing well. Been busy growing my hair out for a year and a half. It's exhausting. What's new with you?

Wowzers... From not playing CPU games, I've fallen way behind Alan, Brandon, and Nate. Speaking of which- Alan and Nate, when can you play? We have games this block.

I could play ours after I play Brandon.  I haven't even turned on the 360 since we advanced,  so I have no idea what my schedule looks like 

I could play ours after I play Brandon. I haven't even turned on the 360 since we advanced, so I have no idea what my schedule looks like
Pretty much same here. I played Kaster in Madden last night, but other than that...yeah...I've been Steaming it up. I downloaded War Thunder because I forgot it has native Rift support now (even though it's not listed on as having it on Steam). That and Hawken would be other options that everybody could get in on since they're both free to play.

As for our game, Matt...ahhh, threads colliding, lol. Not sure how late you'll be on tonight, but I can probably play within the next hour (depending on how many times I have to go in and tell my daughter to be quiet and go to sleep).

A couple pretty decent Steam bundles launched today.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

I've got pretty much everything in this one other than that damn handball game, lol. It's a good thing it doesn't have online multiplayer. Otherwise, I'd be tempted just for it alone. Still a good deal for anybody who doesn't have all the other games though.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Humble finally has a relevant weekly again. I recommend Thomas Was Alone any chance I get. It's a ridiculously simple game, but it's fun in a relaxing sort of way. VVVVVVVV and Cave Story are also good. Can't go wrong with the $1 tier there. The $6 tier  isn't bad either...but it probably depends how much value you find in those games. Still 11 games for $6 isn't bad at all.

Well, Im trading EVERYTHING in tonight to gamestop. After so many years, the Slim has died. Along with it went the HDD. So ALL my years of game saves are gone. NHL 14 Pro, GONE. I'm not redoing that again just to unlock boost slots just to be raped by assholes in a shitty ass EASHL.

I think it's time to start investing more into the PC and looks like I'll be on the pc tomorrow night as the Slim is now just a Party chat machine.

Well, Im trading EVERYTHING in tonight to gamestop. After so many years, the Slim has died. Along with it went the HDD. So ALL my years of game saves are gone. NHL 14 Pro, GONE. I'm not redoing that again just to unlock boost slots just to be raped by assholes in a shitty ass EASHL.

I think it's time to start investing more into the PC and looks like I'll be on the pc tomorrow night as the Slim is now just a Party chat machine.
Wow...that's crazy. I'm confused though...did the hard drive AND the system die? Or just the hard drive and you don't want to start all over with every game you have? If it's the latter, I totally don't blame you. That was the appeal of the cloud storage for me...it's just too bad it sucks and is down all the time...which results in not being able to play anything.

I don't know why they don't just have a "backup save to cloud" feature...instead of having to manually switch back and forth and/or copy saves from one to the other. It's such a hassle and takes so much time. I guess that would be the appeal of keeping all your saves on a flash drive...but then I guess that could die too. Ahhh...nothing is safe, lol.

That sucks, though, man. Like I've said, in general, I don't think not having NHL, NFL, and now MLB on PC is a huge loss...as those games are basically getting more and more shitty anyway. Seriously, if that damn Rugby game on Steam ever goes on sale, we should all get in on that. I would say Fifa...but I think we need something where we can hit people, lol.

Oddest thing was, the 360 Slim failed first. I put it on it's side, booted up fine and the HDD failed. So one failed and then the other. I was like, seriously? Seriously?!

I lost all my saves. I don't think normal people get it, but my heart and soul was on there. Years upon years of saved games. I honestly don't want to start over and I think it's time to move on. I will miss NHL but you know what, maybe it just makes me buy NHL for the PC and mod it now. I think 09 or 04. Trying to decide the best one to Mod.

Oddest thing was, the 360 Slim failed first. I put it on it's side, booted up fine and the HDD failed. So one failed and then the other. I was like, seriously? Seriously?!

I lost all my saves. I don't think normal people get it, but my heart and soul was on there. Years upon years of saved games. I honestly don't want to start over and I think it's time to move on. I will miss NHL but you know what, maybe it just makes me buy NHL for the PC and mod it now. I think 09 or 04. Trying to decide the best one to Mod.
Well, most of us have 09...if that makes any difference. There's no OTP, but there was still a menu for online vs...but we never figured out if it would require dedicated servers, or what. I guess after this year's game is completely put to pasture, it might be worth looking at.

I haven't even thought seriously about NHL 15, or what system everyone will be wanting to play it on (if they even want to buy it, lol). So, yeah...after 14...my hockey status is in limbo. And considering I haven't had much desire to even buy a next gen console, NHL 15 would have to show RIDICULOUS improvement to make me consider it.

It's weird, but part of me wants to try "something else" in terms of seeing if I can learn and get better. I think that's part of what motivated me to "buy a racing wheel" (lol...Giantbomb). I've been having fun starting as a suckass and learning sim racing (and dangerous, urgent truck deliveries in Switzerland, haha) the same way I learned Madden and NHL. Just something new. For the most part, I feel like Madden and NHL are what they are and show no real sign that they're going to change any time soon. I think that's why they both get stale so quickly with a lot of people.

In other news...I just got this email from the Infestation developers:

To support our players we’ve also made some really positive changes and advancements to our game:

1. Over the course of the last year, we have made sure that almost everything in a store is sold only using in-game currency (or zombie dollars, as our players call it). Items that can affect gameplay – armor, ammo for guns, meds, food and water – are now all available to be purchased using in-game currency only, not cash currency.
  2. We’ve also overhauled our launch map “Colorado.” The newer version is larger (more than 100 km²) and more importantly, the game is now more open to exploration with fewer restricted and cut off zones.
  3. Although we originally underestimated the work involved, we’ve also alpha launched our largest map, "California." This map is a huge expansive world with around 300 km² of explorable terrain, and an overall map size of over 400 km². Due to its massive size, it will be some time before it moves into the beta phase, but we are very happy to give players an early look at what we’re working on and offer a new area to play in and explore.
  4. Vehicles have been introduced into our game and we are regularly improving the vehicle experience for players by tuning and upgrading them to make the entire in-game world more accessible and offer genuine variety to the genre.
  5. We’ve even launched the infamous Super Zombie and added missions to provide a better variety of gameplay experiences.
Infestation now better than Rust? WTF?!? My world is upside down.

Well, time to boot up Infestation to see if it's true! I didn't mind it. I remember playing with Alan and we had to crawl into this one base. Took us a good half hour but man they had some awesome weapons in there!

Dang, that sucks Gary. At least the timing worked out to where you got your PC back.

Welp, since you dont have to spend real money anymore, it might be time to redownload infestation.

Welp, since you dont have to spend real money anymore, it might be time to redownload infestation.
Exactly. That's a pretty significant change. I still wonder about the hackers...but Rust was getting flooded with them too. Having vehicles should be pretty awesome too...not to mention a brand new map. At the very worst, it sounds like the things they've added could provide a lot of laughs.

Exactly. That's a pretty significant change. I still wonder about the hackers...but Rust was getting flooded with them too. Having vehicles should be pretty awesome too...not to mention a brand new map. At the very worst, it sounds like the things they've added could provide a lot of laughs.
I wonder how vehicles will work though...can they break down? Or will they just be zombie mowing machines? We'll see soon enough I guess.

Yeah but man, I had so many games for the 360. Going to go trade them in now I suppose and see what it gets me.
I totally get the sentimental value being lost, for sure. It really sucks. But its almost like what you would do when a new console comes out and you shelf the old one; you get a chance to play new stuff and build new memories (wow, that sounded really cliche lol, but it's true)

Gary, it's probably too late now, but why not sell them on here? You'd probably get a lot more.
Yeah...but then he's got to package/ship them himself. I totally get the argument, but Gamestop is an easy dump and leave. The only comparable thing would be selling them in a lot like on Craigslist or something. But I'm not even sure I'd put that ahead of Gamestop in terms of effort and headache.

I only ship one thing, my steel for my skates. Thats it. So much damn work. I have made out not to shabby so far at GS. Up to $100 with a couple games. I sitll have two more hauls left. No clue what to even get with it at this point but I get your point Alan. I was so looking forward to playing WatchDogs with my friends though. I think the NHL 14 save stinged the most.

So, Assetto Corsa was due for its bi-monthly update today. When it didn't happen, I looked around to figure out why. Apparently, they pushed it back to next Friday because it will include multiplayer, and today is a national holiday in Italy...so they really didn't want to have a big launch involving public servers on a day when nobody is working, haha. This game going multiplayer is going to be pretty huge considering most people think it's just as good as iRacing...but without the monthly subscription.

Here's their actual message:

Dear followers,

every year 25th April is celebrated as the Liberation Day in Italy. This day marks the end of fascist regime after the end of the Second World War in 1945, and the day commemorates the people who laid down their lives fighting the fascism.

25th April is a public holiday in Italy. There are robust celebrations around the country to commemorate this day. Large processions are taken out in major parts of the country, and a general sense of celebration and bonhomie is prevalent throughout Italy on this day.

The next update of Assetto Corsa Early Access will include the multiplayer mode and was previously scheduled for tomorrow's release; our work in the last two months has been strongly focused to complete and deliver this feature properly. We have also made investments to set several free public servers for our users and a proper lobby for servers created by, users, leagues, simracing websites and so on. However, due to the 25th April celebration, we might have some issues to get the best possible support from our italian based server provider, right at launch day.

Multiplayer is one of the most awaited features for a lot of simracing enthusiasts, but in order to properly test in public the multiplayer mode, we need to get the best technical support possible; for this reason, and also in order to improve multiplayer functionalities and to develop some additional features, tomorrow's release has been shifted to Friday 2nd, May. This delay will allow us to release the multiplayer in a working day, getting fast and proper support by our provider, if needed. We are pretty sure you understand that we are working at our best to provide the best gaming experience we can. Thank you for your kind support and attention.

Two more pieces of PC gaming info:

Bus Simulator 2012 is on sale for $4.99 (though, part of me wonders how long until it's in a bundle)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253770/

And Blink Bundle has a pretty great bundle up. $2 tier is excellent. Saturday Morning RPG is really good too...and was made by a fellow CAG. Again though...I have most of these, haha. Good for people just getting on the Steam train though.

http://www.blinkbundle.com/the-trading-cards-bundle/

Makes logical sense *cough*
I know, right? Haha, it's weird reading releases like that and being like "well...yeah...that's sensible, I guess...if you want to be smart about things". As opposed to the usual rush job, shitshows we see with EA, 2K, THQ, etc. servers, lol :lol:

If we are playing hockey tonight I will be on a little later than normal.  I have to work until 8:30 pm MST so I won't be around until about 9.  Hopefully I don't miss the 2 wins.

I have NHL left but I don't have the last boost slots open so We'll see how well I perform tonight. Worst comes to worst, we go to steam right and have an early steam night?

Also, this.....http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/04/24/nhl-15-wish-list-is-this-a-make-or-break-year.aspx?PostPageIndex=1
Yeah, that sounds about right. I think it was a few weeks ago just me, Brandon, and Alan were on for hockey night. We played a couple games, started getting royally fucked, and just said "Ya know...this isn't fun", and switched to Steam. Seriously, we just have to get rid of our Stockholm syndrome with NHL. If it's terrible, we can play something else, lol.

Also, just finished reading that Game Informer article. I love that it basically amounts to "change everything about the game". That has to be the most polite way of saying "your game sucks" that I've ever seen, lol. Unless EA starts from scratch with a new engine (like they are for EA UFC...which would probably cause it to be next gen only), I don't see that many things changing. They need to start over at this point.

Before signing off last night, I was able to get Hawken working in the Rift. Despite the simple looking check box, I had to set my monitors to "extend" instead of "mirrored". This made the game display only on the Rift, which loaded with the proper settings. it was pretty cool, as it gave your the perspective of the pilot in the mech. Controlling the mech was basically the same, but I could freely turn my head inside of it, even looking behind me out the "rear window".

While looking through things, I also noticed there is a menu option for "explain siege rules" and "display siege tips", both of which are not checked by default. We really could have used those, lol. I still don't know what we did. Something about transferring energy and securing the anti-air guns.

And here you go, Alan. Might as well shoot them an email, haha. See if you can be reinstated:

Banned Account Information

For inquiries regarding banned accounts, please submit a support ticket to support.infestationmmo.com and provide the email address of the banned account in question in your ticket so that we may be of further assistance.

Please note that it may take some time for a representative to get back with you regarding your ban appeal and we thank you for your patience as we review your account.

Thanks to my extremely generous longtime CAG friend tw3nz0r and the family share feature, I now have access to 564 Steam games whenever he's not playing. I think I might just have something in common with you guys now.

Play Steam Friday after two games of NHL14
This+guy...+Actually+knows+his++.+Bravo+sir+_78931f44909405ce7fef28f7207b5917.png

Wow...that was basically a commercial for an ISP? lol. Holy crap...that's a lot of effort there. I get what they're saying, but relaying moving video with a moving camera in real time is one hell of a tall order, haha. Big time news corporations can't even do that. In America, pressing a button to win a faceoff is a struggle. :lol:

What have you guys been playing together lately? I know Nate went over this before, but I figured maybe things changed. I did download and install No More Room In Hell.

When we are on we just pretty much see what each other has and go from there. Easiest way to do it considering if we don't have it downloaded, it only takes maybe 15 minutes.

Yeah, it's kinda disorganized now in that we figure it out on the fly. Payday 2 seems to be our fallback though...you can check what games we have in common by going to someone's [profile, viewing all their games, and chosing the option to filter by common games. Or, if you go to a game's store page, it will tell you which of your friends own it.

Edit:
 Looks like I'm un-banned from infestation. Guess my account was hacked. They told me I might run into some issues with Punkbuster, and will have to follow up again if so, but we'll see.

Yeah, it's kinda disorganized now in that we figure it out on the fly. Payday 2 seems to be our fallback though...you can check what games we have in common by going to someone's [profile, viewing all their games, and chosing the option to filter by common games. Or, if you go to a game's store page, it will tell you which of your friends own it.

Edit:
Looks like I'm un-banned from infestation. Guess my account was hacked. They told me I might run into some issues with Punkbuster, and will have to follow up again if so, but we'll see.
Yay unbanned, haha. I'll tell ya, this weekend we won't have trouble finding things to play. Assetto will have multiplayer, Infestation is now an option, we started figuring out WTF was going on in Hawken, lol. And depending on how many we have, I'd still love to see what we could do in No More Room In Hell/Contagion.

Also, for anyone with free time who would like to acquire some cheap Steam games, you can check out: http://www.tremorgames.com/?ref=71536

Obviously, that's my referral link. And I'll say this, approach the site with caution. It's 100% legit, but it's one of those "Do this survey, and we'll give you credit...IF you can actually get to the end of the survey and IF your cookies are working properly." And some of them try to get you to install junk adware on your PC (they're easily removable...just annoying). So, you really have to be careful with which ones you do. In that way, some people might think it's not worth the trouble.

BUT the payoff is pretty decent. You can get like 2 Steam games for finishing one survey. And you can play stupid flash games or watch videos to earn coins too. Just really something if you're going to be at your PC anyway and have time to kill (and of course videos can be run while browsing in a different tab). I can post a list of the ones that worked for me if anyone is interested. Since last night, I've gotten: Street Racing Syndicate (they give you a Gamersgate key...and Gamersgate gives you a Steam key), The 11th Hour, Sideway New York, and Ignite (I had like 250 points left over, and thought why not, lol).

It's at least interesting for little crap games that you might not want to spend real money on (or that you missed when they were bundled). One of the better finds on there is Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut...which can basically be obtained by completing one survey (it's currently $24.99 on Steam). Not too shabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back