Official Nintendo E3 2007 Thread - DROPPENZALBOMBEN (Use MINE, Munch eats broccoli)

Strell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
288 (100%)
52awtw4eg7.jpg

Start putting it all in 'nha, guys.

At the time of this post, we're sitting at a little under 2 hours until showtime (approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes). However, given normal delays - which especially plague Nintendo, both with their game releases and with commencing their E3 conferences - I imagine it's closer to exactly two hours away.

For reference, it begins at 9 AM Pacific, which 10 Mountain, 11 Central, and 12 Eastern.

You should be able to watch it live for free here (thanks corosive!)
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Live feeds of Nintendo conference:

Live video streams (free):
[/QUOTE]

For the record, I've heard tell of a "silly Wii peripheral." I do not know if it is true or not, but I do not ignore little birds.

Edit: I BRING YOU COOKIES AND NERF GUNS:

2006_10_16_nerf_longshot.jpg

chocolate-chip-cookies-480.jpg

Mmm... cookies.

I want to hear that Fire Emblem is out this year, but I probably won't.

I guess I'll take a slightly early lunch to get back for the start of a stream, rather than try to watch it on G4 since it won't be starting any earlier than noon.

But seriously, does it feel like Nintendo's conference is devoid of hype? I hope Reggie throws some monster shit down in an hour.

This E3 < 2006 E3 already. But I get the feeling the big companies aren't treating it in the epic manner it once was. Like they are phoning it all in.

I guess we'll see how Nintendo and Sony handle their own shows.

[quote name='munch']But seriously, does it feel like Nintendo's conference is devoid of hype? I hope Reggie throws some monster shit down in an hour.[/quote]It does, and I'm not sure why. Probably because outside of the Big 3, we don't really know what to expect. Smash info has been thrown at people every day, so its not like those fans are dying for anything other than a solid release date. Metroid is out soon, so really Galaxy is the only one that is kinda devoid of info, but everyone knows if they're gonna get the new Mario or not, I would imagine.

So its really down to what new shit do they have to show?

In general, anything is a let down from the hype for last year's E3 following the Wii megaton.

Has Nintendo's press conferences ever not made everybody explode? Microsoft dropped the ball, Nintendo will impress and Sony will make everyone laugh again with some insane new features of PS3 resurrecting Jesus and the Mana Knight will claim it as a fact.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Has Nintendo's press conferences ever not made everybody explode? Microsoft dropped the ball, Nintendo will impress and Sony will make everyone laugh again with some insane new features of PS3 resurrecting Jesus and the Mana Knight will claim it as a fact.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Oh shit! If someone can photoshop Jesus coming out of a PS3 it will be awesome! STRELL GET ON THIS! MY BROCCOLI POWERS FAIL ME!

[quote name='CouRageouS']Has Nintendo's press conferences ever not made everybody explode? Microsoft dropped the ball, Nintendo will impress and Sony will make everyone laugh again with some insane new features of PS3 resurrecting Jesus and the Mana Knight will claim it as a fact.[/quote]E3 05.

E3 05 - Nintendo embarassed.
E3 06 - Sony embarassed.
E3 07 - MS embarassed (Ninty and Sony don't even have to do a show after that mess)

I'm sure Nintendo's show will make me smile.

What was at (or not at) E3 05? I don't know that I followed that one closely. Wasn't that Reggie's big entrance, or was that the year before?

[quote name='munch']:rofl: Oh shit! If someone can photoshop Jesus coming out of a PS3 it will be awesome! STRELL GET ON THIS! MY BROCCOLI POWERS FAIL ME![/QUOTE]

Were I not at work, I would as hard as I can

Jesus supports Blu-ray. Its a fact folks.

Where is everyone watching the feed? I watched the Microsoft one from G4 after someone gave a direct link. Can someone do it again for this one?

[quote name='dallow']E3 05.

E3 05 - Nintendo embarassed.
E3 06 - Sony embarassed.
E3 07 - MS embarassed (Ninty and Sony don't even have to do a show after that mess)

I'm sure Nintendo's show will make me smile.[/QUOTE]
The only embarrassment on your list is Sony 06, MS was embarrassed in '05 and N (to an extent) in '04.

MS press conference was boring this year but nothing more. I like that they left the bullshit at home this year and just focused on the next 5 months nothing more, nothing less. I am sure that Nintendo and Sony are going to keep with MS pace and keep E3 about the near future and only about the near future.

[quote name='botticus']What was at (or not at) E3 05? I don't know that I followed that one closely. Wasn't that Reggie's big entrance, or was that the year before?[/QUOTE]
I thought e3 05 was decent for N? DS, Micro, and possibly a Revolution glimpse? 06 named it the Wii and showed the controller if I'm not mistaken.

Yay, I the G4 TV link works, I can watch from work!
Well, actually, I don't know if the video will actually stream....

I believe 2003 was the year of disaster for Nintendo. Not 2005. Or even 2004.

That was the year that the big surprise was Pac-Man on the GBA with GC-to-GBA connectivity, along with Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords.

[quote name='spoo']MS press conference was boring this year but nothing more. I like that they left the bullshit at home this year and just focused on the next 5 months nothing more, nothing less. I am sure that Nintendo and Sony are going to keep with MS pace and keep E3 about the near future and only about the near future.[/quote]Yeah that's true. I guess I like seeing almost nothing new and exciting.

Nintendo's bad E3 was the one where everyone was showing off online, and Miyamoto came out and talked about GBA-GC connectivity. That shit just didn't cut it. I want to say that was 2003, since by 2004, Zelda:TP got revealed.

[quote name='Strell']Nintendo's bad E3 was the one where everyone was showing off online, and Miyamoto came out and talked about GBA-GC connectivity. That shit just didn't cut it. I want to say that was 2003, since by 2004, Zelda:TP got revealed.[/quote]
Yeah Strell. 2003. Your HP and MP were restored!

[quote name='dallow']Yay, I the G4 TV link works, I can watch from work!
Well, actually, I don't know if the video will actually stream....[/quote]

I recorded last night's MS conference on G4 and was pissed that they were cutting to commercials all the time. They cut to commercial during the Halo 3 trailer at the end of the conference.

I'm going to be going out to lunch with my wife this afternoon so I have to record it off G4. I hope they place the commercials better but I highly doubt it.

[quote name='Strell']Nintendo's bad E3 was the one where everyone was showing off online, and Miyamoto came out and talked about GBA-GC connectivity. That shit just didn't cut it. I want to say that was 2003, since by 2004, Zelda:TP got revealed.[/QUOTE]
Good points but I just remember the early DS buzz at E3 in '04, Sony shows us the PSP and Nintendo brings out this odd looking thing with 2 screens. It worked out for them but the buzz was WTF!?

[quote name='lebowsky']I recorded last night's MS conference on G4 and was pissed that they were cutting to commercials all the time. They cut to commercial during the Halo 3 trailer at the end of the conference.

I'm going to be going out to lunch with my wife this afternoon so I have to record it off G4. I hope they place the commercials better but I highly doubt it.[/quote]

I was pissed about that too. I really didn't understand the whole zoom away from the screen to see the audience thing. yeah...that's what we want to see.

[quote name='Strell']I'm in AIM chatroom "cag" and in CAGChat.

They be all up ins.[/quote]

I'm right in there with you.

bread's done
Back