Official PixelJunk Thread - 4/20: PixelJunk 4AM out May 15, Beta for PS+ Begins May 1

The video clip of this immediately reminded me a lot of Downstream Panic & LocoRoco. Moreso of Downstream Panic.

As long as this will be offered for around $10 I plan on buying it. Ten bucks is my general limit for downloadable games.

Pixel Junk SHOOTER??

Goddamn it, if they wanted something like that I would've submitted Pixel Junk LAME. :p

Or Pixel Junk Bitchpleez!

Anyway:

3561310599_ab35b36535.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/05/25/pixeljunk-1-4-drumroll-please-…/

The new name for PixelJunk 1-4 is...

3561310599_ab35b36535.jpg

They also mentioned some runner-up names that they also liked:

• PixelJunk Depths - Thomas Ella
  • PixelJunk Atlantis - Takuhiro Hara
  • PixelJunk Caves - Chi Lo
  • PixelJunk Blaster - Edward Stumpfel
  • PixelJunk S.O.S! - Derrick Kross

They also mention that the E3 build will have some new stuff compared to the first demo that was playable, like co-op.

:lol: Whaa?!? Seems like there were tons of unoriginal BS entries people sent in. Out of the six names listed, the only mildly creative/catchy names were Depths and S.O.S.

Clearly, they were not looking for "creative" entries. I suspect they were just going to call it "Shooter" regardless.

I thought they already had a pretty polished up demo @ E3? Maybe they are just playing that.

Last I heard, the release date was supposed to be last part of this year. Maybe Fall/Winter?

The Comic-Con version of the game has an entirely new area and weapon, so I'd imagine that they'll be playing that this week. I didn't say "soon" as in a week or two, but by September or so since this is a downloadable game and those never come out as soon as you'd think they would.

Finally got around to playing Eden (bought it when it was on sale) and it's been a lot of fun. From what I've seen of shooter it seems to be in the same kind of vein, action-puzzler. Anyone know if the game has time limits? That's the only thing I've found pretty annoying about Eden.

I don't think it's been on sale since last summer. If you have a PSP, the Deluxe version might be up your alley since it has new content and the encore add-on that's been worked into the core game a lot better than it was for the PS3 version.

I saw that on Facebook. Was hoping... sounds like it is the real deal now! Now if only we could have done something about that title... like you know... submitted better ones. ;)

It's pretty cool. Having played Gravity Crash a lot this week, this feels very similar despite doing certain things differently that makes it more unique.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I don't think so. Feel free to shoot me a request.[/QUOTE]

Saw you playing this most of last night might pick it up tonight

[quote name='Saint Noir']I see some people on my friend's list playing... I wish Amazon would get it up in their store, as I have credit there.[/QUOTE]
Same, anyone have any idea how long it takes them to put up new releases?

Thought about using my Amazon credits on this since I loved PJ Monster so much. How much is this one though? Seems like it might not be that long.

Edit: I didnt word that right I meant how long is this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brevity']thought about using my amazon credits on this since i loved pj monster so much. How much is this one though? Seems like it might not be that long.[/quote]
$9.99

[quote name='BREVITY']Thought about using my Amazon credits on this since I loved PJ Monster so much. How much is this one though? Seems like it might not be that long.[/QUOTE]
*Looks at title of thread* :whistle2:k ;)

The first episode isn't all that long since it's mostly straightforward, but the second episode's levels take longer for me because of the new suits that make me want to spend time filling the level with lava or ice while my bonus score is dwindling.

It would be awesome if there was a Garry's Mod-type mode where you can set up obstacles and mess around with suits to do whatever you want to do.

Is the counter for crystals needed until the next reward broken for anyone else? It's always ?? for me and that seems odds for an obvious thing like that.

I noticed that Shooter uses the in-game XMB screenshot feature, which is good for me.

The "reward" is the next part of the level opening up, so if there is a ?? It means that you have that whole level open. I think, anyway.

Just finished it and it's a great game. My only complaint is that I wish it were longer or had a level editor since there's a lot more than could be done with the fluid physics and all that.

[quote name='dallow']
I still like Eden the most though.[/QUOTE]
I loved Eden up until the last 4 levels where things just went crazy, and the levels were just annoying. Like that level where the gravity switched directions every minutes or so.

Those last few levels in Eden were amazing. I'm glad they did some weird, interesting things since all of the levels before that were basically the same thing.

I don't know. I played through it with a couple friends, and those levels with 3 players were chaos. I actually don't remember the gimmicks from any of the other levels besides the gravity switching one.

bread's done
Back