Official PixelJunk Thread - 4/20: PixelJunk 4AM out May 15, Beta for PS+ Begins May 1

I guess I need to pick up Encore. I got all the other trophies sans the hidden ones.

I almost threw my DS3 controller getting the Rainbow Team trophy. The boss had a sliver of life left and was right at my home base. I jumped up and started yelling at the TV and then a cannon luckily finished him off right when he was about to eat my babies. Too bad I didn't record it!

I had no idea the update happened. I was fooling around in the PSN store and saw that Monsters was advertised with trophies. ?!?!?!?!

Awesome. Very well implemented too; I don't have to go back and replay the game from scratch (not that that would have been a bad thing).

[quote name='ID2006']I fear the Hard-core mode. :cold: Diablo III will probably have more rainbows than that one.[/quote]

ROFL. That was great!

Great to see that patch out. Onto the trophies!

I was having trouble with the one trophy level that required you to collect at least 25 gems in it, but I can only get 23 at most, so is there a trick to that level?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I was having trouble with the one trophy level that required you to collect at least 25 gems in it, but I can only get 23 at most, so is there a trick to that level?[/QUOTE]

Can you sell a black tower for a couple more gems?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I was having trouble with the one trophy level that required you to collect at least 25 gems in it, but I can only get 23 at most, so is there a trick to that level?[/quote]
You need to upgrade two towers to purple so when you sell them they drop 1 gem each.

Ended up just boosting one to black and getting lucky to get 23 gems by that point (got 20 and 21 my first two attempts), so thanks for the advice.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/11/14/dont-expect-next-pixeljunk-game-any-time-soon/

Looks like the Q-Games team is taking their sweet time with the next PixelJunk game. The team has been quite prolific, with three PSN games under their belt: PixelJunk Racers, Monsters and Eden. The brand has managed to garner a loyal following amongst PS3 owners, and we're sure many are eagerly awaiting the next title.

Unfortunately, it can be a long wait for the next PixelJunk game. Dylan Cuthbert told Parallaxed Game that the next game won't be unveiled for quite some time. In fact, nothing might be shown at next year's GDC show: "We can't talk about any of the future titles yet, we might not even show anything at GDC09, who knows! The next title isn't necessary based on the Dungeons prototype work as we develop several ideas simultaneously, finally going with the idea that has the most momentum."

It's going to be a long wait, but so long as their next game can match the addictive quality of Monsters and Eden, we're sure it'll be worth it. Stay tuned.
It sucks that Dungeons may not be announced/revealed for another three to four months. I wonder if they're prepping for the 3D phase of their PixelJunk games.

Parallaxed Game, a fresh gaming blog, has just recently posted an interview with Dylan Cuthbert, head of Q-Games (PixelJunk creators).

Link to interview

Sadly, the next PixelJunk game isn't expected to be finished for a long time.

On the plus side, he mentions the possibility of a PixelJunk Monsters costume for Sackboy.

How easy is the gold trophy sans the Encore expansion? I completed all of the levels but that one in the Trophy Challenge but I need a break if I'm going to be pissed off again like I was for a few of the other levels.

Yeah, I was really into it at first, but I'm not sure what turned me off to it. I don't remember the time being the deal breaker, but a continue system would have been enough pretty fair and reasonable from the start.

Bravo to PJ for reigniting interest in their games after release. I'm curious as to what's next on their list.

I won a pixeljunk eden code from spike!!!!!!!!!!
(too bad I already own it)

If someone wants to trade or buy it from me, PM me.

I will be giving you the unused code for you to do what you like with.

If you checked out the NExt Great Game Gods video in the PS Store from yesterday, you would have noticed a few interesting things. One, Dylan Cuthbert shows a bunch of pictures of PixelJunk game concepts, which includes Racers, Eden, and Monsters, but you can find Dungeons in there along with some other interesting concepts, like a fighting game. He also reveals at the end that PixelJunk Monsters is coming to the PSP early next year, which explains why we haven't heard anything about Dungeons or whatever their next game will be.

They have the video on the web here:

http://www.spike.com/video/next-great-game-gods/3079000

You'll have to skip to about halfway when the Q Games part of the video comes up.

So what's this 63MB patch I'm downloading for PJM? I think it said 2.04. Something new or old news?

EDIT: Has capturing and uploading video been in PJM since the last patch?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilboo']:rofl: So I just got PJE.. and I'm really confused.[/quote]
It's uh... kinda weird. Hehe.

I think there's a mini-tutorial first time you play, if not, go to the menu and read it, it's a couple slides or something. :)

I'm disappointed in you, freaky. :nottalking:

You failed to mention the hint that there are two or three PixelJunk games in the works for 2009 at the end of his post.

Here’s to an amazing 2009 for gaming as I am sure it is going to be, what with two or three more PixelJunk titles coming out, right!?
I need to download that Gaming Gods video and see if I can jot down the ideas they've had to see what could be the other titles besides PJ Dungeons.

Gamasutra has a new interview w/ some of the Q games ppl.

Next game's due out early this year and unfortunately it's not Dungeons. Here's the quote about it......

KY: A new team has started in on the next PixelJunk project. We have not yet begun publicizing the game, but it is on schedule to be released in early 2009. Another title in the series is Dungeons, which we announced at back at the Game Developers Conference.

This is a
PixelJunk installment, but we are planning to spend more time on the development, so the release will follow after the fourth PixelJunk game in the series.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']they are working on an Encore add-on, as well.[/quote]

I.....wasn't Encore an add-on to begin with? So basically another Monsters expansion?

I still can't get that 15 Pollen Prowler trophy. I tried the Garden 9 trick but I just can't nail it. Guess I'll have to convince a friend to do it with me.

Hmm.... it looks like they changed the difficulty carte-blanche - i don't see any difficulty select screen ala PJ Monsters. kinda bummed by that - i liked the harder difficulty of only 1/3 recharge vs 1/2, but was expecting an option, not just a blanket change.

bread's done
Back