Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who's played Mervils, is it worth it for $10? I feel like I'm buying VR games just because I'm new to PSVR, but I'm genuinely curious if people think it's worth it.

I wish Raw Data or Thumper was on sale.
It's pretty good as a 3D action platformer made on a small budget.

My video of the game in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNzXKx0EVW8

Nunchuk isn't used since the camera can't track it.
GS gives $20 base value, be better off selling it
It can be used, but no screen tracking.

f2qjqthl.jpg

I have this setup from the ps3, thats why I was curious to see if it can still be used

All the $199.99 BF Deals the old PSVR or the new version? I don’t think I want to pick up the old version at that price. I got plenty of gamestop credit would prefer to get it there.

Also anyone want to buy Skyrim PSVR version off of me?  It's still sealed and I'll be willing to part with it well below the $60 retail price.  Shoot me a PM if interested.  Going on vacation Saturday so Friday is the only day I can ship it out.

It can be used, but no screen tracking.

f2qjqthl.jpg

I have this setup from the ps3, thats why I was curious to see if it can still be used
As I read somewhere, the Navigator is actually a motion controller like the Move controllers without the light ball.

So, I'm quite disappointed Sony didn't support the Sharpshooter but made a new Aim Controller.

Why does that look completely different than this as far as the camera angle goes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJL1aTtDU8k
There are 2 options. You can either have the camera follow your character or you can walk around and move the camera up when you choose similar to Bound.

When I did the search earlier, thats the image/discussion that I saw.

Never followed VR before today so it was new to me. The PS4 *does* recognize the nav controller... as a controller, and since it does not have the full buttons needed.. it's very limited in what it can do, and I guess some games etc don't even recognize it at all.

The Aim controller is the Sharpshooter "replacement" with a worse design to be more PC.

When I did the search earlier, thats the image/discussion that I saw.

Never followed VR before today so it was new to me. The PS4 *does* recognize the nav controller... as a controller, and since it does not have the full buttons needed.. it's very limited in what it can do, and I guess some games etc don't even recognize it at all.

The Aim controller is the Sharpshooter "replacement" with a worse design to be more PC.
Most of the games don't use "full buttons" anyway.

The only buttons really missing from Nav+Move is just the R1 and R3 (not counting share and touchpad), it's very easy to re-purpose other buttons especially the UP/Down/Left/Right most game don't use.

The Aim Controller while works good, it looks worse than a $10 toy.

Agreed, thats why there are already mods for it. 

I've seen the tear down.. it's just a matter of time before someone guts one and drops them in a Sharpshooter etc.

Got my Skyrim bundle in today!  Played around with it for a few hours and have a few take-aways.

Looking around in PSVR is AMAZING.  I fired up Playroom VR first to get my feet wet.  I started with a first person adventure game.  Was a bit disoriented with the camera moving forward whenever my little guy did.  Guessing I'll have to get more used to that.  The next thing I tried was the arcade where you use coins from those games to get dioramas or little guys to add to your room.  Really neat seeing all the little guys react to you looking at them and get excited.  :)

Played a 3D movie I had with PSVR, too.  The experience is better on my TV, but it's cool that it's in there.

Checked to see if I could still do HDMI passthrough by using my Switch as the video source.  Played some Super Mario Odyssey in PSVR.  Super super sweet.  :)  Wondering if it gave me a taste of what the Switch's VR mode might be like.  I had some hiccups, because holding the options button didn't reset the position of the image I got at first, but turning the headset away from the camera seemed to fix that. 

Lastly, hit up Youtube with PSVR.  I think that was my favorite experience so far.  Being able to look at stuff going on all around you is crazy amazing. 

Most of the games don't use "full buttons" anyway.
The only buttons really missing from Nav+Move is just the R1 and R3 (not counting share and touchpad), it's very easy to re-purpose other buttons especially the UP/Down/Left/Right most game don't use.
The Aim Controller while works good, it looks worse than a $10 toy.
It's meant to look/feel generic so it can more easily "feel" like it could be any of the guns you're holding. Plus you can't actually see it with the headset on so......

resident evil 7 biohazard vr and battle zone vr $15 at target

eve valkyrie

keep adding more

Picked up my VR earlier this week and have been loading up on games. Think I got most of the heavy hitters. I see The Invisible Hours is $20 at GS, not sure if that's a sale. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Only a few reviews on metacritic, but they seem positive.

Yesterday for the first time I heard the new PSVR commercial from another room. My first thought was crap, did someone from Depeche Mode die? It wasn't the first time hearing a song play on a tv in another room made me wonder if a news program was doing a memorial.

A year later, and Sony is still buying tv spots for PSVR. That goes to show they still feel strong about it.

It's meant to look/feel generic so it can more easily "feel" like it could be any of the guns you're holding. Plus you can't actually see it with the headset on so......
it's not the look... it's the design. It needs a stock. There's a reason people are 3D printing stocks. (go to thingiverse.com and search there's a few there to look at)

Basically it's a pistol that requires two hands like a rifle, screws up the "feel" for those that shoot IRL weekly.

Just played Until Dawn Rush of Blood....

If you needed further proof that clowns are in fact *EVIL*, here's your proof. :twoguns:

it's not the look... it's the design. It needs a stock. There's a reason people are 3D printing stocks. (go to thingiverse.com and search there's a few there to look at)
Basically it's a pistol that requires two hands like a rifle, screws up the "feel" for those that shoot IRL weekly.

Just played Until Dawn Rush of Blood....
If you needed further proof that clowns are in fact *EVIL*, here's your proof. :twoguns:
I definitely agree about the stock

Picked up my VR earlier this week and have been loading up on games. Think I got most of the heavy hitters. I see The Invisible Hours is $20 at GS, not sure if that's a sale. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Only a few reviews on metacritic, but they seem positive.
I bought it during Gamestop's Pro Day sale when it was $14.99 a couple weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to try it yet either but the Gamestop manager recommended it and basically said it was kind of like a Virtual Reality version of the game Clue. Basically you are walking around investigating a murder and trying to find out who did it in first person, and occasionally you will get to see interactions between NPC's that help you make determinations and such. At least that's what I got from what he told me. I enjoy playing the board game clue well enough, so figured if this was anything similar I would like it.

Was screwing around with the demo disc games tonight, is Dino Frontier worth a buy? 

Seemed kinda fun and a pretty good use of all VR stuff. I think i'd wait for a sale on it though.

my Skyrim bundle is supposed to be delivered tomorrow

i'm considering going on a bit of a VR spending spree, are these games worth a buy?

Apollo 11 VR

Arizona Sunshine

Carnival Games VR

Chernobyl VR Project

Everest VR

Eagle FLight

Paranormal Activity the Lost Soul

Robinson The Journey

Sparc

Statik

The Brookhaven Experiment

The Assembly

The Invisible Hours

my Skyrim bundle is supposed to be delivered tomorrow

i'm considering going on a bit of a VR spending spree, are these games worth a buy?

Apollo 11 VR

Arizona Sunshine

Carnival Games VR

Chernobyl VR Project

Everest VR

Eagle FLight

Paranormal Activity the Lost Soul

Robinson The Journey

Sparc

Statik

The Brookhaven Experiment

The Assembly

The Invisible Hours
Apollo 11 VR - interesting educational aspect but short and unimpressive in most ways.

Arizona Sunshine - Aim support and mixed opinions but solid post launch support with free DLC incoming.

Carnival Games VR - good collection of move based mini games

Chernobyl VR Project - another educational experience with limited and poor VR implementation

Everest VR - same as Chrernobyl

Eagle FLight - student project that is pretty fun but limited scope. Only extended by Ubisoft collectathon

Paranormal Activity the Lost Soul - not played it.

Robinson The Journey - cool dinosaurs put in a short and uninteresting adventure game

Sparc -multiplayer only raquetballesque game. Extremely well done and cross play but suffers from small VR community as MP only.

Statik -great puzzle game with personality similar to Portal. around 3 hours but good from start to finish.

The Brookhaven Experiment - havent played it

The Assembly -decent story based adventure

The Invisible Hours - extremely limited interaction in a extremely well told and acted story.

I'd wait until any of these were 15 or less of the ones I recommended.

I was planning out future VR purchases and Dirt Rally was recommended. Does the US version support VR or is it only the EU version? Hadn't been able to find confirmation so far.

Sold my launch bundle and purchased the skyrim bundle so I could get the HDR pass thru and happy I did. More likely to use the VR now that I don't have to unhook to use hdr

Just tried out Skyrim...  
Couple of thoughts.
1.  It is an amazing experience to look around a world and see it.  When I attacked the bear... when it charged me, I flinched.  The enemy models are solid... to even good.
2.  The background models are abysmal...  I mean, like PSX type of abysmal.  

3.  The movement is great.  They have done a great job of adding in different ways to move.  Helped to be able to customize it to what I want.  

I am going to sell/trade/return it, mainly because I am a HUGE graphics guy.  And those graphics will drive me bonkers.  But it is a unique experience that I was glad to try.  

Is Dirt Rally out of print in the US, or was there just a run on it with the massive influx of PS VR owners?

Looks like it went down to $19.99 some places but I don't see it in stock anywhere at that price (and I hadn't bought it since I had it on PC but I definitely want the VR add-on!)

I guess if they were smart there'd either be a quick reprint or a sale on the game+PSVR bundle soon...

Just tried out Skyrim...
Couple of thoughts.
1. It is an amazing experience to look around a world and see it. When I attacked the bear... when it charged me, I flinched. The enemy models are solid... to even good.
2. The background models are abysmal... I mean, like PSX type of abysmal.

3. The movement is great. They have done a great job of adding in different ways to move. Helped to be able to customize it to what I want.

I am going to sell/trade/return it, mainly because I am a HUGE graphics guy. And those graphics will drive me bonkers. But it is a unique experience that I was glad to try.
Did you experience any vertigo or queasy feeling teleporting all throughout the game?

Have not even opened Skyrim yet.. unsure if I want to sell it outright, or play it for a bit then do a trade in somewhere.

Did break down and get Farpoint with the Aim Controller since I pre-ordered Doom VFR (which now it has confirmed it does movement like Farpoint)

Holy fuck VR was made for a game like Farpoint to exist, and Doom VFR from what i've seen.

Of all the demos and full games i've played now.. Farpoint and Rush of Blood are my top 2, I will assume Doom will be added to that list.

The GT Sport PSVR Bundle will be on sale for $100 off during Cyber Week at Target
if anyone got the target 20% coupon from spending $50+ on black friday, this would lead to a great deal.
Keep in mind that is the V1 PSVR, if that matters to you.

Only 2 ways to get the V2, Skyrim bundle and the Doom bundle when it releases the 1st.

Any recommendations on the best PSVR-compatible headsets? Picked up a pair of Cloud II's but it seems the online consensus is that the Alpha's are superior and possibly equal to the Revolvers. Is Hyper X the way to go or should I be looking at other brands? Budget is probably $100 or less but open to suggestions if there's something that works amazingly w/ PSVR for substantially more.

Quick impressions of Final Fantasy XV Monsters of the Deep. Most importantly I don't feel ripped off at spending 30 bucks. Casting is sadly the weakest as even after patch 1.02 it still feels finicky. Otherwise, the locations, modes, story, and other aspects are really well done remixing and reusing different elements to get the most out of the game. It has some fancy leaderboard multiplayer in the form of times tournaments that have limited entry and while I haven't done them I don't see them being that interesting other than earning custom outfits/gear that can't be earned anywhere else.  Finally, the production value mean that it is often a very, very chill game which is a nice change of pace from most of what' out there.

Keep in mind that is the V1 PSVR, if that matters to you.
Only 2 ways to get the V2, Skyrim bundle and the Doom bundle when it releases the 1st.
Nah if you look on the side of the box the SKU ends with a R2 it’s the new one. R1 is the old one. Just giving everyone the heads up. Also, every GT and Skyrim bundle I’ve seen over BF has been the new one with HDR.

Nah if you look on the side of the box the SKU ends with a R2 it’s the new one. R1 is the old one. Just giving everyone the heads up. Also, every GT and Skyrim bundle I’ve seen over BF has been the new one with HDR.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/11/04/new-psvr-bundle-includes-gt-sport/

Read reviews, all say V1

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-VR-Turismo-Sport-Bundle-4/dp/B076Q313Y6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511718816&sr=8-1&keywords=psvr%2Bgt%2Bsport&th=1

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-vr-gran-turismo-sport-bundle/6129418.p?skuId=6129418

https://www.target.com/p/playstation-vr-gran-turismo-sport-bundle/-/A-52984647#lnk=sametab

looky here:

Contents of Bundle:

VR Headset (CUH-ZVR1)
• VR headset connection cable
• Processor unit
• Stereo headphones (with earpieces)
• HDMI cable
• USB cable
• AC adaptor
• VR demo disc (rated E-M)
• Lens cleaning cloth
• Printed materials
• PlayStation Camera (CUH-ZEY2)
• Camera
• Stand
• Printed Materials
• Gran Turismo Sport Blu-Ray Disc

My Skyrim is a V2. I’m a 100% certain. It has the new processor and headset without cord controls. Seriously just look at the box. Is it likely Sony is clearing old inventory...maybe. I just find it weird everyone I’ve seen on store shelf’s is a version 2.

Update if you read some reviews some people are saying what I said...to make sure it has R2 on the back of the box. Mine even came with the new flat black move controllers. I totally forgot I already owned a old pair. And they do look different side by side. FYI the old ones were built a little nicer.

Here’s pics of what I’m talking about. Also just read the back of the box. If it says R2 on it then it’s the new version. I did not attach a pic from the back of my box because it’s right above my warranty info.[attachment=28799:3BE61548-298E-412E-9F0B-BE63C4A2AC81.jpeg][attachment=28800:786DCDE2-D270-42F1-8B93-F2DD96598DC6.jpeg][attachment=28801:BE474631-351B-408C-82DB-20D0A1E29F16.jpeg][attachment=28802:BB40DBE8-9583-4176-8340-73FC03DF2820.jpeg][attachment=28803:30ACA229-34F6-4E64-9682-EB4C8788E765.jpeg]

bread's done
Back