Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I've been saying $60 is my price point I will cave and get this just because of the hype it's getting, but I have like 4 unopened VR games right now and I'm still not done with RE7 so I'm not jumping 100% on this yet.
Considering that Farpoint and the Aim controller go separately for $60 each at regular price, it seems like a really good deal. However, I'm looking at the list of compatible games and I'm not impressed. Honestly, I don't know how many upcoming titles will get support for it either.

• Arizona Sunshine
  • Bravo Team
  • The Brookhaven Experiment
  • ChromaGun
  • Dick Wilde
  • Doom VFR
  • Farpoint
  • Rom: Extraction

So yeah, I'm skeptical. I only own three of those games and I've already played through one. It seems like a pretty big investment for a couple of games that only last 3-4 hours.

Apollo 11 has some mixed reviews. Is it worth the price at 40% off?
I think someone in this thread mentioned something about it not being very good. It's more of an educational simulator than anything, but considering I ended up buying Unearthing Mars on the last day of the holiday sale, I might still pick this one up (on the last day).

Ever since Doom, I guess this needs to be asked when the AIM is involved... Left-Handed support?
Umm...good question lol. It's ironic for me as well because I'm left handed also but when I joined the Army they forced me to learn to shoot right handed so I'm basically ambidextrous in that regard.

When you play with the Aim in Arizona Sunshine the game setting is called "two handed mode" or something like that. You only use long barreled weapons in that mode, no pistols. So I suppose it should be ok either way. It's not like Doom where you hold long barreled weapons in a single hand (right) and grenades in the other (left). It's ridiculous to think that a person could shoot any kind of rifle accurately with a single arm, but Doom is gonna Doom.

So yeah, I'm skeptical. I only own three of those games and I've already played through one. It seems like a pretty big investment for a couple of games that only last 3-4 hours.
I say go for it, honestly. I've now played 4 games with the Aim controller and I feel like I've gotten my money's worth. The level of immersion is greatly increased when you use it. Being able to stare down the scope and accurately pick off enemies in the distance is pretty damn sweet. I was so into it, that a couple of times I held the Aim too close to my face to look down the scope and bumped the controller into the front of the PSVR. Sniping hapless zombies in AZ Sunshine feels therapeutic after a long day at work.

Considering that Farpoint and the Aim controller go separately for $60 each at regular price, it seems like a really good deal. However, I'm looking at the list of compatible games and I'm not impressed. Honestly, I don't know how many upcoming titles will get support for it either.

• Arizona Sunshine
  • Bravo Team
  • The Brookhaven Institute
  • ChromaGun
  • Dick Wilde
  • Doom VFR
  • Farpoint

I think someone in this thread mentioned something about it not being very good. It's more of an educational simulator than anything, but considering I ended up buying Unearthing Mars on the last day of the holiday sale, I might still pick this one up (on the last day).
$60 for the aim controller alone is a big investment. $60 for the controller AND a great game is a fantastic deal. Just my opinion, of course.

I also have to disagree that it won’t be used with many more games. The fact that the Move controllers don’t have thumb sticks makes utilizing the aim a no brainer for any future shooters, especially if there is free motion involved. I suppose it’s hard to imagine how great it works without ever using it, but imo the aim controller is a must own for psvr owners.

Does Farpoint have any of the "segmented" turn controls like RE7 does or is it just smooth the whole time?  The reason I ask is because I'm not sure if that will mess with me motion sickness wise or not if it's only the smooth control scheme.  

• Arizona Sunshine
  • Bravo Team
  • The Brookhaven Institute
  • ChromaGun
  • Dick Wilde
  • Doom VFR
  • Farpoint

Firewall: Zero is being made from the ground up for Aim and was universally acclaimed at PSX. I'd say we're seeing that most games don't want to or can't add Aim support at the level people want. There's a couple of other Aim supported games coming including Arlo (another R6 clone) and a few more. Honestly I don't think the AIM will have a huge level of support because other than porting older games I don't see any AAA shooters getting PSVR support. It's going to be smaller MP efforts and maybe a few more well done rail shooters.

Ah fuck it I just ordered Farpoint.  I have 2 days to decide if I want to keep it and I'm like 99% sure I will end up keeping it anyways lol.  

Out of curiosity i talked to a couple retailers today about Inpatient.  With the big amount of sales on PSVR's you'd think Sony would be pushing the hell out of a first party title, but the 10 closest Gamestops only got 1, Only 1 out of the 6 closest Best Buys got any (1 copy) and obviously Walmart had 0. 

It looks like its still in stock on Best Buy & GS's websites as well as Amazon, but i'm really curious if this is going to be a one & done print or not.  Mine is coming in the mail today so im looking forward to playing it. 

Thumper is $7.99 with the 10% coupon(s) available. This definitely includes psvr, right? I see someone on Wario64's twitter asking like there's a base version of the game without VR, which I don't understand.

I played the demo based on so many recommendations here and loved it. A virtual reality version of Rock Band Blitz with insanely wierd visuals and music is right up my alley.

Thanks. That's sort of the impression I got as well. I may not mind an educator simulator when it's something I've done multiple reports on whenever I had a choice for a history report in elementary school and middle school. Especially if the 10% coupon applies.

Out of curiosity i talked to a couple retailers today about Inpatient. With the big amount of sales on PSVR's you'd think Sony would be pushing the hell out of a first party title, but the 10 closest Gamestops only got 1, Only 1 out of the 6 closest Best Buys got any (1 copy) and obviously Walmart had 0.

It looks like its still in stock on Best Buy & GS's websites as well as Amazon, but i'm really curious if this is going to be a one & done print or not. Mine is coming in the mail today so im looking forward to playing it.
Some of the local Gamestops around me only got 1 each as well. Most likely it won't be sealed if that's the case. I am with you. Why are they not pushing the Hell out of this stuff! Only sending out 1 per store is piss poor. I plan on playing it regardless but might as well wait for a digital sale if it's going to be some rare game that goes straight to eBay for 100.00

Ah fuck it I just ordered Farpoint. I have 2 days to decide if I want to keep it and I'm like 99% sure I will end up keeping it anyways lol.
I did the same thing impulsively earlier this morning. Then I saw today's PSN sales and now I definitely have to cancel.

Thumper is $7.99 with the 10% coupon(s) available. This definitely includes psvr, right? I see someone on Wario64's twitter asking like there's a base version of the game without VR, which I don't understand.

I played the demo based on so many recommendations here and loved it. A virtual reality version of Rock Band Blitz with insanely wierd visuals and music is right up my alley.
I think I was one of the ones who recommended it. I got it for $9.99 during the holiday sale, so you're definitely getting the better deal. And yes, it includes the VR mode which can be turned on or off at the main menu.

Just an FYI, Arizona Sunshine and The Invisible Hours are also on sale this week.

Out of curiosity i talked to a couple retailers today about Inpatient. With the big amount of sales on PSVR's you'd think Sony would be pushing the hell out of a first party title, but the 10 closest Gamestops only got 1, Only 1 out of the 6 closest Best Buys got any (1 copy) and obviously Walmart had 0.

It looks like its still in stock on Best Buy & GS's websites as well as Amazon, but i'm really curious if this is going to be a one & done print or not. Mine is coming in the mail today so im looking forward to playing it.
This isn't a good sign for the longevity of the system. Unless they're really just trying to push the digital versions for the future. This is one of those titles I'd ideally like to own in hard copy, so now I'm debating whether I should grab it while I can. Decisions, decisions...

Nothing comes up when i search the impatient on bestbuy.com. What am I doing wrong?
You're being too hasty. ;)

The target website shows inpatient available for shipping as well if anyone wants to go that route and save with redcard.

The new deals on PSVR games this week:

Arizona Sunshine - $27.99 - 30% Off - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/30
The Invisible Hours - $20.09 - 33% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/30

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $24.99 - 50% Off - $19.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/30

Thumper - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/30

Werewolves Within - $12.89 - 57% Off - $9.89 - 67% Off - Ends 1/30

And a new release:

The Inpatient - $39.99

10% Off Coupon codes you can use on anything on PSN that's out right now:

DUPgKVOW0AAUhis.jpg

ba86fd03-e00e-4765-80ce-8cde536738e0.jpg

The only one I don't have is Werewolves Within. I heard there aren't that many people playing anymore.

The new deals on PSVR games this week:

Arizona Sunshine - $27.99 - 30% Off - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/30The Invisible Hours - $20.09 - 33% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/30
Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $24.99 - 50% Off - $19.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/30
Thumper - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/30
Werewolves Within - $12.89 - 57% Off - $9.89 - 67% Off - Ends 1/30

And a new release:

The Inpatient - $39.99

10% Off Coupon codes you can use on anything on PSN that's out right now:

DUPgKVOW0AAUhis.jpg

ba86fd03-e00e-4765-80ce-8cde536738e0.jpg

Apparently $18 was my buy price for Star Trek. Big fan of all the series (except Discovery, fuck that show) and really looking forward to the experience.

Does Farpoint have any of the "segmented" turn controls like RE7 does or is it just smooth the whole time? The reason I ask is because I'm not sure if that will mess with me motion sickness wise or not if it's only the smooth control scheme.
It has both with some other settings to fine tune it a bit more, so you can try out each to see how it works for you.

Thanks to those who helped me find The INpatient at BB. I hadn’t heard of it until a night or two ago reading through this thread and I guess my brain auto corrected. Gamestop and amazon were smart enough to figure out what I wanted. Best Buy and target were not. Now the question is whether to buy or not. I do have a $25 gc to BB from doing online surveys, so basically free money, and gcu. But the reviews I’ve looked up are not great and I don’t generally allow myself to spend $30+ on a game. If it turns out to genuinely be rare though...

Thanks to those who helped me find The INpatient at BB. I hadn’t heard of it until a night or two ago reading through this thread and I guess my brain auto corrected. Gamestop and amazon were smart enough to figure out what I wanted. Best Buy and target were not. Now the question is whether to buy or not. I do have a $25 gc to BB from doing online surveys, so basically free money, and gcu. But the reviews I’ve looked up are not great and I don’t generally allow myself to spend $30+ on a game. If it turns out to genuinely be rare though...
Just don't be impatient about it and you'll be fine. :cool:

Sorry, I had to do it.

The target website shows inpatient available for shipping as well if anyone wants to go that route and save with redcard.
Speaking of target I just had to run down quick and decided to check through there games. They had 1 copy of Inpatient in the display. Luckily the guy working was somewhat knowledgeable and said they only received in the one copy as did all the stores around us (according to him). Still not sure why only the single copy for all of these different retail outlets though.

I only played Werewolves Within one night, but continually mean to get back to it.  It was very fun when I played. This was probably back in August. There were only a couple people when I first got on, but the room filled up quickly enough for the rest of the night.

Probably because Sony NA prefers digital over physical (which publishers don't like it? no manufacturing cost, no middleman cost, and no used copy to compete), and also more players in NA are willing to buy digital, various games were released as digital only while getting physical in other part of the world.

so you have to talk when playing Werewolves Within? that kills my interest
Lmao yeah it’s a role playing game. Talking is the main premise. It’s all about lying and figuring out who is lying/telling the truth. I played it a lot when it first came out and had a blast with it. Not sure I’ve ever laughed more than when playing Werewolves Within. I’d be up for playing again.

I finally got to play just the tutorial of Doom and loved it. It is only maybe the 2nd or 3rd vr game with full locomotion controls and I love it. I wish the right stick would allow me to look up/down and use head tracking to just fine tune but maybe that’s just me.
No motion sickness or anything at all, felt smooth and Fast. Can’t wait to get more in and play it.

Also grabbed Skyrim but haven’t played it yet and went ahead with the inpatient preorder off amazon too. Figure a big first party title should be up there on quality.

I did the same thing impulsively earlier this morning. Then I saw today's PSN sales and now I definitely have to cancel.

I think I was one of the ones who recommended it. I got it for $9.99 during the holiday sale, so you're definitely getting the better deal. And yes, it includes the VR mode which can be turned on or off at the main menu.

Just an FYI, Arizona Sunshine and The Invisible Hours are also on sale this week.

This isn't a good sign for the longevity of the system. Unless they're really just trying to push the digital versions for the future. This is one of those titles I'd ideally like to own in hard copy, so now I'm debating whether I should grab it while I can. Decisions, decisions...

You're being too hasty. ;)
Thanks. Arizona Sunshine is another one with mixed reviews, but it sounds intriguing. I'm cautiously waiting to see if anyone here recommends it. I've never spent that much on a DLC game.

I bought a physical copy of Job Simulator thanks to Jurai, but it's disc only. If anyone with the game and a scanner wouldn't mind uploading a scan of the artwork insert, I would sincerely appreciate it. At work I have a nice printer that prints cover art very well on 11x17 cardstock.

I also bought Werewolves Within if anyone wants to party up.

I have that case as well, although I'm not entirely sure how you're meant to store the cable.  I usually just loop it around in circles and tuck the end into the little mesh pocket.  Is there a better way?

The only one I don't have is Werewolves Within. I heard there aren't that many people playing anymore.
The good thing about it being on sale is that more people will play it again. That still isn't enough to sway me, however.

Thanks. Arizona Sunshine is another one with mixed reviews, but it sounds intriguing. I'm cautiously waiting to see if anyone here recommends it. I've never spent that much on a DLC game.
It went for $19.99 during the holiday sale and I used a 20% off coupon, so it isn't the best price. JohnTX had a good review on it just a few pages back.

Does anybody know how you get the $1 off in-store pickup orders? It's not working for me. (Probably because they're charging me for shipping.)

The good thing about it being on sale is that more people will play it again. That still isn't enough to sway me, however.

It went for $19.99 during the holiday sale and I used a 20% off coupon, so it isn't the best price. JohnTX had a good review on it just a few pages back.

Does anybody know how you get the $1 off in-store pickup orders? It's not working for me. (Probably because they're charging me for shipping.)
To get the $1 off, choose the shipping option as the delivery method in your shopping cart. Then proceed to checkout. On the next screen the $1 off option should pop up if it's in stock at your local stores. I've had some blurays lately not have the $1 off option though, so I'm curious if BB is messing with the website lately.

My CAG mentality is stopping me from downloading Arizona Sunshine just knowing it was a few bucks cheaper in the past. I may cave. It sounds like it launched as a broken game, but they made it a good game with updates.

I highly recommend The Inpatient. I know that reviews haven't been the best, there is a few good ones, but the immersion of this game really stands out and it just pulls you in. The graphics are stunning and even better the RE:Biohazard. The added option of voice control and the way that they encourage you to say things with emotions just adds to the feeling of being apart of this world. The characters faces are amazing with detail in their expressions.

I haven't gotten too far into the game yet, but I'm sure that I'll play it multiple times to try and get the different endings and all of the memories. I know that the game length is a concern for most, but 2 hours seems perfect for multiple play throughs.

IMHO....this game is now the best way to show your friends and family a VR experience.

I highly recommend The Inpatient. I know that reviews haven't been the best, there is a few good ones, but the immersion of this game really stands out and it just pulls you in. The graphics are stunning and even better the RE:Biohazard. The added option of voice control and the way that they encourage you to say things with emotions just adds to the feeling of being apart of this world. The characters faces are amazing with detail in their expressions.

I haven't gotten too far into the game yet, but I'm sure that I'll play it multiple times to try and get the different endings and all of the memories. I know that the game length is a concern for most, but 2 hours seems perfect for multiple play throughs.

IMHO....this game is now the best way to show your friends and family a VR experience.
I trust this more than I trust most reviews. It sounds awesome. I hope multiple playthroughs are not a grind and there is plenty of variation to explore. I also wonder about the gender selection; does that influence the game's choices at all? It would be interesting to play as a woman. :whistle2:o

I've got to admit, the thought did occur to me to use the 10% off code...it would come out to $36 and I'd be able to play it right now. The only positive thing about bad reviews is that it might drive the prices down. I wonder how long till it gets to $20-25? I'm impatient to get to The Inpatient already.

My CAG mentality is stopping me from downloading Arizona Sunshine just knowing it was a few bucks cheaper in the past. I may cave. It sounds like it launched as a broken game, but they made it a good game with updates.
Yeah I think you saw my impressions a couple pages back. The stuttering problems with the aiming have definitely been fixed. It's pretty damn sweet getting headshots with the aim controller, in fact that's probably the most satisfying part of the game. It doesn't use the Aim quite as seamlessly as Farpoint did, but it's implemented better than Doom was.

I trust this more than I trust most reviews. It sounds awesome. I hope multiple playthroughs are not a grind and there is plenty of variation to explore. I also wonder about the gender selection; does that influence the game's choices at all? It would be interesting to play as a woman. :whistle2:o

I've got to admit, the thought did occur to me to use the 10% off code...it would come out to $36 and I'd be able to play it right now. The only positive thing about bad reviews is that it might drive the prices down. I wonder how long till it gets to $20-25? I'm impatient to get to The Inpatient already.
I have Amazon Prime, so I got it for $32 with release day delivery. I had been looking forward to this game since it was announced.

Interesting idea about playing through as both genders to see if you get different memories, outcomes, dialogue, and endings. You also get to choose your skin tone, which helps with the immersion too, but....

Yeah I think you saw my impressions a couple pages back. The stuttering problems with the aiming have definitely been fixed. It's pretty damn sweet getting headshots with the aim controller, in fact that's probably the most satisfying part of the game. It doesn't use the Aim quite as seamlessly as Farpoint did, but it's implemented better than Doom was.

I ONLY bought Arizona Sunshine for three reasons...I already had the Aim, you get to kill zombies in a somewhat realistic setting and way, and it was $20.

I was surprised at how much fun it was and the "fetching" missions broke up the action while giving you a reason to explore. Being able to look over into cars through the windows without having to open the doors to search for ammo was pretty damn cool too.

I will warn others, since I experienced it myself, smooth turning didn't effect me in the dark areas of the game, but it did give me a sick feeling when I was in the sunny/brighter areas of the game for some reason.

I played maybe 45 minutes of the inpatient last night and I'm honestly not impressed so far. Something definitely feels off with the move controls. Picking stuff up/interacting is super clunky and finicky. I feel more silly than immersed using the voice commands, and I'm not really impressed the game is able to distinguish between 2 different inputs. I'll finish it, but don't know how motivated I'll be for a second playthrough. May as well hold on to the disc, though, to see if this print run is as low as people might be thinking.

I played maybe 45 minutes of the inpatient last night and I'm honestly not impressed so far. Something definitely feels off with the move controls. Picking stuff up/interacting is super clunky and finicky. I feel more silly than immersed using the voice commands, and I'm not really impressed the game is able to distinguish between 2 different inputs. I'll finish it, but don't know how motivated I'll be for a second playthrough. May as well hold on to the disc, though, to see if this print run is as low as people might be thinking.

I do agree that the move controls can be cumbersome, like pointing behind you and hitting the big button to turn around and how hard it can be to line up yourself with turns and doorways.

However, it didn't take me out of the immersion that the graphics and interactions offer. I thought that it was cool to read the given dialogue options with suggested emotions. I guess it's the wanna be actor in me. Lol

I will probably give the DS4 a go on the second play through just to compare.

To get the $1 off, choose the shipping option as the delivery method in your shopping cart. Then proceed to checkout. On the next screen the $1 off option should pop up if it's in stock at your local stores. I've had some blurays lately not have the $1 off option though, so I'm curious if BB is messing with the website lately.

I have not gotten the $1 in store pickup discount option over the last week or so. It makes me think they are no longer doing it (or at least pausing it).

bread's done
Back