Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
This one was on the sidebar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvAjUQpd0eE

As an arachnophobe myself, I hated the first half of the game. The only enemies are spiders that jump out at your face and just get bigger and bigger. There were points where I would contort my body so hard, I hit the wall in back of me. The thing is, that just made me more immersed in the game because I was that more invested in not being attacked. I was gripping the Aim so tightly, the skin broke on my hand. It's no joke in VR.

I haven't gotten to Skyrim yet, but I didn't even realize there were more giant spiders in that game. *sigh*

Hey everyone, very new to PSVR. I noticed there are heavy sales on the hardware recently where they're offering $100 off for psvr at BB, Tagret, etc. Do you guys think this could mean they're selling units cheap now and may reveal a new psvr model that's updated for e3? If so I'd probably just wait on this announcement as from what I've heard, the VR experience is good, but not great.

I'm thinking it's going to be like the iPhone where there's a new model every year. V1 was released in October 2016 and V2 in November 2017. I wouldn't be surprised if a new upgrade/bundle comes out during the holidays. The thing is, the changes were fairly minor (HDR support being the big one), so I think updates would be mostly cosmetic in design until next generation hardware is released. It's not going to change the VR experience that much in terms of PS4 graphical capabilities, which I think is the major complaint (compared to HTC Vive and Oculus).

Personally, I haven't regretted my V2 purchase at all, and I would hate to have missed out on some of the most unique gameplay experiences I've ever had. I know it's just going to keep getting bigger and better in the future, so I like the idea of "growing" with the technology and keeping up to date with games. I'm not sure the VR backlog would age so well.

Does anyone know what website is the best to buy the Superhot VR physical disc? It releases in 4 days. Amazon UK says it does not ship to the United States. I'm trying to decide if I want to import the physical or just buy the digital for $18

Hey everyone, very new to PSVR. I noticed there are heavy sales on the hardware recently where they're offering $100 off for psvr at BB, Tagret, etc. Do you guys think this could mean they're selling units cheap now and may reveal a new psvr model that's updated for e3? If so I'd probably just wait on this announcement as from what I've heard, the VR experience is good, but not great.
Prices for the current model of PSVR will only get lower from here. If you are hesitant, just wait until E3 and see if a new one is announced. These VR deals will continue, and we might even get a permanent price drop in the coming months.

Simply put, the PSVR experience is unlike anything else. IMO, the quality of the headset and screen are excellent, and I am extremely happy with my purchase. Every single person I have had try out my PSVR was completely blown away. Several of them went out and bought one shortly after trying it. Its really hard to know just how cool the VR experience is until you try it. My wife, who hadnt played a video game since the SNES years, absolutely loves it.

Does anyone know what website is the best to buy the Superhot VR physical disc? It releases in 4 days. Amazon UK says it does not ship to the United States. I'm trying to decide if I want to import the physical or just buy the digital for $18
I placed my order on Amazon.co.uk this morning for Superhot. It didnt say anything about not shipping to the US, and charged me about 7 dollars for shipping. My order says: Arriving 9 Mar - 13 Mar

Edit: just checked the product page and it says: This item does not ship to the United States.

Apparently items will still ship even if it says that it wont. Have you tried to place an order?

2 shipping from US ($28.99): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Superhot-VR-PSVR-Required-Playstation-4-Pre-order-for-Feb-28/282853551311

10+ copies international (~$23.74): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Superhot-VR-PS4-Game-PSVR-Required-Pre-Order/352286414385

That'll work in case the Amazon shipments get cancelled.

Cool, thanks for this. My order from Amazon came out to about 24$ due to my employee discount (yes, I'm a corporate Am-hole...), but if my order doesn't come through I will pick one up from ebay.

Also, congrats on your Robinson score. If you are looking for something new to track down, Nothing Ever Remains Obscure NA release is very hard to find. :)

Also, congrats on your Robinson score. If you are looking for something new to track down, Nothing Ever Remains Obscure NA release is very hard to find. :)
Haha, thanks. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing it during the holiday sale for $4.49.

Edit: I just added this to my other post, but there is another seller who has Superhot for $23.74: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Superhot-VR-PS4-Game-PSVR-Required-Pre-Order/352286414385

It's free international shipping, so it'll probably take about a month or so, but at least there are plenty of copies.

I made my purchases for this PSN sale.

I Expect You To Die
PixleJunk VR Dead Hungry
Starship Disco
Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition
Statik
Superhot VR

$42 after the 15% off code from Sony Rewards. And while not part of the PSN sale, I ordered my first 3D bluray. I read mixed reviews of 3D bluray through PSVR, so I just got a cheap copy of 300: Rise of an Empire to test it out.

I placed my order on Amazon.co.uk this morning for Superhot. It didnt say anything about not shipping to the US, and charged me about 7 dollars for shipping. My order says: Arriving 9 Mar - 13 Mar

Edit: just checked the product page and it says: This item does not ship to the United States.

Apparently items will still ship even if it says that it wont. Have you tried to place an order?

Thank you guys. I ended up buying from the ebay seller for $23.74. There was a target glitch a while back were they were selling $200 ebay giftcards for $140 and I still have some credit left. Spending $28 straight up cash on a game from Amazon UK hurts my CAG brain. Hopefully the ebay seller works out.

I'm a huge collector, but this is my first ever videogame import. It seems like a no brainer for one of the most acclaimed PSVR games.

Is the PS4 region free? I've only ever tried US region games. UK games will work on US PS4's?

EDIT:

NM I see it does.

Just a heads up with that Superhot VR guy on ebay selling it from NYC...

I was looking at shipping times and it says it'll take over 10 days to ship to MD from NY.  So I contacted the seller to ask him how long it will take, and on the contact page it said that the seller is registered on another ebay site and may not speak english.

Then I checked out some of his feedback and it seems he has really poor communication and some people said they waited over 2 weeks for games that never showed. 

I'm guessing this guy isn't really in NYC so it may be worth it to just get it from the other guy in the UK.  He seems more legit and it's cheaper.

This one was on the sidebar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvAjUQpd0eE

As an arachnophobe myself, I hated the first half of the game. The only enemies are spiders that jump out at your face and just get bigger and bigger. There were points where I would contort my body so hard, I hit the wall in back of me. The thing is, that just made me more immersed in the game because I was that more invested in not being attacked. I was gripping the Aim so tightly, the skin broke on my hand. It's no joke in VR.

I haven't gotten to Skyrim yet, but I didn't even realize there were more giant spiders in that game. *sigh*
When I play skyrim on pc I play using the arachnaphobia mod. Replaces all spiders with bears.

The spiders in Farpoint don't look, horrifying to me. I definitely jumped a few times watching the video posted above. But I think I could handle it

Just decided to order from that guy in the UK for just under $24. Thanks for the link.
I’m thinking I might do it too. I made about $24 profit off the sale of my Job Simulator just a couple days ago. So all I have to do is convince myself that those are the $24 I’ll be spending on it, thus making it a “free” game.

Plus I was thinking about getting it on psn anyway. Getting the physical on eBay isn’t that much more expensive.

When I play skyrim on pc I play using the arachnaphobia mod. Replaces all spiders with bears.

The spiders in Farpoint don't look, horrifying to me. I definitely jumped a few times watching the video posted above. But I think I could handle it
The first time a "spider" jumps at you in Farpoint, you WILL jump 100% guaranteed lol.

Dude, they have TEETH. :whistle2:#

Anyway, I guess it could be used as an exposure therapy tool to help get rid of fears. By the end of Farpoint, I was much more equipped to deal with them. But those little fuckers are fast and they swarm you.

To store & charge all the VR stuff, I got 1 of these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYGCK1M

Has its own power cube and simultaneously charges 2 x Move, 2 x DS4 & has a USB in back for charging headphones or anything else you like. Sturdy plastic & has worked great so far.
I have owned it since release. I can vouch for how convenient it is. would recommend.

does anyone know if Super Stardust Ultra VR is standalone or an addon for the game? also would you recommend it for someone who has never played it before

I’m thinking I might do it too. I made about $24 profit off the sale of my Job Simulator just a couple days ago. So all I have to do is convince myself that those are the $24 I’ll be spending on it, thus making it a “free” game.

Plus I was thinking about getting it on psn anyway. Getting the physical on eBay isn’t that much more expensive.
True, $5 or $6 more isn't too bad. The one I'm struggling with is Don't Knock Twice. It's $9.99 to download right now but the disc will be $31.99 with GCU.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dont-knock-twice-playstation-4/6179602.p?skuId=6179602

Or just wait for an inevitable price drop at Best Buy or Gamestop in 3 to 6 months.

A $21.99+tax difference is a lot

I drove around to some gamestops today for those scratch off vouchers while buying PSN cards. I have $92 to spend. Below is the list of what I'm planning on getting so far. Are there any must play games that I'm missing? 

Dexed
Don't Knock Twice
The Brookhaven Experiment
I Expect You To Die
Carnival Games
Archangel
Statik
Sparc

I already have apollo 11, Batman, doom, driveclub, eagle flight, far point, invisible hours, loading human,moto racer, paranormal activity, RE7 Gold, Star Trek, Star Wars, Superhot (hopefully), Thumper, Until Dawn, VR Karts, and Werewolves within.

I'm tempted by the Carnival Games DLC, Rez, and Here They Lie. Here they Lie sounds notorious for motion sickness though.

To store & charge all the VR stuff, I got 1 of these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYGCK1M

Has its own power cube and simultaneously charges 2 x Move, 2 x DS4 & has a USB in back for charging headphones or anything else you like. Sturdy plastic & has worked great so far.
I'm nervous about getting a stand unless it covers the lens. I've read about the sun melting part of the headset. I keep mine in a box, but I really want the $30 charger from Walmart.

I have owned it since release. I can vouch for how convenient it is. would recommend.

does anyone know if Super Stardust Ultra VR is standalone or an addon for the game? also would you recommend it for someone who has never played it before
It's standalone from the original game, but there is an add-on for the original game to add the VR stuff to the game.

Super Stardust Ultra is a great dual-stick shooter, but the first-person VR mode is a major nausea creator for me.

It's standalone from the original game, but there is an add-on for the original game to add the VR stuff to the game.

Super Stardust Ultra is a great dual-stick shooter, but the first-person VR mode is a major nausea creator for me.
I bought the VR version but never played it, but if I go to the original it says "you cannot purchase since you already purchased ultra VR". And when I go to the add-on it says I cannot purchase because I need to purchase "Ultra" first. So is there no way for me to buy the original non-VR anymore or is it part of the standalone?

I have stardust HD on ps3, which looks very similar aside from no 3d on ps4. Was it just a port?

bestbuy ad this week shows "only at bestbuy" tag on Paranormal Activity.  I guess that explains its rarity and confirms what many suspected. Interesting to see if this will be a trend with VR games.

Is there anyplace I can get move controllers for cheap?  I don't wanna pay $100 for the controllers and I just got the DOOM bundle. 

Is there anyplace I can get move controllers for cheap? I don't wanna pay $100 for the controllers and I just got the DOOM bundle.
I ended up finding mine at goodwill, so thrifting may not be a bad idea either. If you got elite membership at GS you could get them at $31 a piece instead of $40.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard: Gold Edition - $24.99

Finally knocking this off my list.

Should pick up some spare underwear while I'm at it...
It figures I bought it last night at GS for $30. I knew it would drop in price, but I didn't think it would drop a few hours at the same store I bought it at. I'll do a return/rebuy.

I ended up finding mine at goodwill, so thrifting may not be a bad idea either. If you got elite membership at GS you could get them at $31 a piece instead of $40.
Thrift Stores and Pawn shops are good ideas. If you're lucky, someone priced them not knowing the demand for them went up. I found one at a thrift shop just a couple months ago for $5.95.

I picked up a pair of Move wands at a pawn shop as well. I think they were priced at $7.99 each and the girl working there sold me the pair for $15 out the door.

On another note I laughed hard as hell reading that someone made a mod to turn spiders into bears. I know the spiders in Skyrim are "big", but I'd be alot more scared to have a lumbering grizzly coming at me. You guys aren't playing around with the spider phobia.

I remember i got one of mine at FYE for like 14 bucks because it was the original that came out for ps3. Maybe try there
Your post just reminded me I have a pair of the old ones in my attic new and unused, I just opened them once and never played with them. I believe they came with sports champion or a little big planet bundle. Not 100% sure. Then I got the Skyrim VR bundle recently so the old move controllers sit.

I already had one Move from years ago when Sears clearanced out their Move bundle with MediEvil Moves and Sports Champion. Literally never opened it but I did when I grabbed my VR last week. Traded in my Gran Turismo Sport to Gamestop to pretty much cover the other. (I'm digital only and not a big Gran Turismo fan anyway, just got the bundle because it was the best price). 

REALLY loving this thing so far. So far I've played Batman VR, Superhot VR and Rez Infinite. Beat Batman, very cool, favorite part was putting the suit on lol. Superhot is very cool. Think I'm almost done with it sadly but wow, really cool ideas. Rez I've only played a bit of but I've loved Rez for years and it's great here.

I have a few more to play. I want to try out Race the Sun in VR. Want to play Resident Evil 7. Also grabbed I Expect You to Die. Actually really just impressed playing non VR games in VR. Was playing Shadow of the Colossus on it and that was killer.

I've got two videos up now and some more that will be up later today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXrsFn2STcw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCdeTJx18iw

I've got videos for Dexed, Brookhaven Experiment, and Apollo 11 VR done now. I'm looking to do Herocade and a few others later today.

...and of course the add-on never goes on sale for those of us who aren't eligible to buy the VR bundle since we own the original game.

They will still ship to the states even if the description says they won't. I ordered the Dreamfall Chapters PS4 physical release a while back and received it without issue.

Debating whether it's worth the hassle and $100 to upgrade my VR to Version 2 at GameStop...assuming that V2 can be bought alone for $200? Or is it only in bundles?

Newegg has the doom bundle for 250 on eBay I’ll assume probably same price on their site An that’s a v2 headset in that bundle.

My gut feeling is to keep waiting for Rez Infinite to drop below $10 on PSN before picking it up... hope it doesn't take awhile to happen... I may regret not picking it up this week... 

I bought the VR version but never played it, but if I go to the original it says "you cannot purchase since you already purchased ultra VR". And when I go to the add-on it says I cannot purchase because I need to purchase "Ultra" first. So is there no way for me to buy the original non-VR anymore or is it part of the standalone?

I have stardust HD on ps3, which looks very similar aside from no 3d on ps4. Was it just a port?
It sounds like Ultra VR (msrp $19.99) is really a bundle that includes Ultra + VR update. So, I think you already own the original non-VR game.

Learned that if you take out the hdmi cable that goes into the PS4, you can plug it into an Xbox One to play Xbox games on a big screen in VR. Probably works for other consoles as well.

bread's done
Back