Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
The PlayStation Move controller is frustrating. I just want a pair of them for under $50. Damn supply and demand.

The PlayStation Move controller is frustrating. I just want a pair of them for under $50. Damn supply and demand.
I got mine refurbished on Amazon before the PSVR came out for $23 for the pair. I figured they'd jump in price but didn't expect them to go up that much since it's old tech.

New Sales

MONSTER OF THE DEEP: FINAL FANTASY XV, $14.99, (Reg. $29.99)
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA08636_00-FFXVVR0000000000

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, $19.79, (Reg. $59.99)
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA05794_00-RISEOFTOMBRAIDER

New Releases

VRFC Virtual Reality Football Club, $19.99 (PS+ $15.99)
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4068-CUSA09880_00-SSVR1US000000001

Bravo Team, $39.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA08015_00-BRAVOTEAMUS00001

May get Monster of the Deep. I've been wanting a decent VR fishing game, and this seems like the best one currently out there. Anyone here played it?

Man some of these reviews of Bravo Team are hilariously bad.

Simply put, the work put in as a result of the delay wasn’t enough — there is nothing truly good about this game. It’s poorly made and is, hands down, the worst game I’ve ever played. The fact that the end credits didn’t include a personal apology because you simply made it to ’em is astonishing.

Read more from the original story: https://stevivor.com/reviews/bravo-team-review-out-of-sights/
https://stevivor.com/reviews/bravo-team-review-out-of-sights/

I am 100% returning this to Amazon tomorrow.

EDIT:

LOL wow...

BT2.gif

That's only because that wall was a hologram. That building was designed with a bunch of them for strategic reasons.  :whistle2:

Starting to feel like PSVR may be another Sony fad product like the PS eye, Vita and others ... they start out cool, I buy them, then they fail to achieve full potential and Sony drops support.

Moss looks great but not for a 2 hour experience, Bravo Team sounds awful, Rick and Morty looks like another short experience that will be a similar cash grab like the Accounting +. I really want to like PSVR but I’m also feeling the urge to bail while the system still has value.

Are there any AAA titles in the works, because everything seems to be excellent but short or a regular length game that’s mediocre. I wish Bethesda was working on an original Fallout VR experience, but 4 was a disappointment imo and that would be the only full length port I’m aware may be coming later this year.

Starting to feel like PSVR may be another Sony fad product like the PS eye, Vita and others ... they start out cool, I buy them, then they fail to achieve full potential and Sony drops support.

Moss looks great but not for a 2 hour experience, Bravo Team sounds awful, Rick and Morty looks like another short experience that will be a similar cash grab like the Accounting +. I really want to like PSVR but I’m also feeling the urge to bail while the system still has value.

Are there any AAA titles in the works, because everything seems to be excellent but short or a regular length game that’s mediocre. I wish Bethesda was working on an original Fallout VR experience, but 4 was a disappointment imo and that would be the only full length port I’m aware may be coming later this year.
Golem got delayed but that's a two and half year project by industry vets where they have multiple times claimed Golem is a straight up AA game. Wipeout is getting a VR patch that converts the whole game and recieved glowing reviews. The Playstation Worlds dev, London Studio, is working on a full length heist game that also was applauded. Ace Combat is getting a substantial VR component but not a full conversion.

Bottom line is unless you want to play new VR experiences a lot that VR will be a secondary experience to traditional gaming in terms of choice and quality. If there's a killer app you want it's not likely going to happen nor is VR compatibility going to be top priority for COD, Creed, or the big AAA stuff.

I'd guess based on individual tastes someone would find 3-4 legit full length games they like and another 3-4 smaller indie games that are well done in 2018. If you like VR for the sake of VR then double that number. At E3 there will be another big push with more reveals to keep VR going because Sony needs to double their current install base to be at around 5 million by 2019 to create a sustainable ecosystem that devs will continue to support. Also expect PS5 VR to be fully backward compatible since a PS4 Pro can barely meet a typical console gamer's standards in terms of fidelity and detail and a resolution bump would make that much harder.

Sorry, but PSVR was always doomed to be a fad product for a number of reasons. VR is definitely incredible including PSVR, but there's a long way to go before VR is mainstream and a company like Sony is not going to support a product unless it becomes mainstream or close to it. I was surprised that Sony even brought it to market but I guess they decided that they either sunk enough money into it that they needed to recoup the costs or perhaps it would catch on enough that it would warrant more mainstream "sequels." It doesn't look like that's going to happen, unfortunately. I am, however, happy enough with the stuff that has come out. I just hope there's a few more quality things that continue to release before Sony abandons it. As long as enough software is available, even a failed "console" can be good or even great.

Strongly disagree on this assessment of PSVR. Last month saw the release of Moss and Sprint Vector. Bravo Team may not have worked out, but was a legit effort. Blasters of the Universe seems promising as another recent release. There aren't a lot of full releases for PSVR but it doesn't appear that there is a lot of demand for it. The completion percentage on PSNprofiles of Skyrim is ridiculously small. However if you want quality 5-10 hour experiences PSVR is pretty great, and will probably continue to have some full game releases. I am extremely pleased with support for PSVR so far.

The new deals for today:

Crisis on the Planet of the Apes - $10.04 - 33% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/13
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $19.79 - 67% Off - Ends 3/13

VRFC Virtual Reality Football Club - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/20

New Releases:

Bravo Team - $39.99

Rangi - $9.99
I'm intrigued by Crisis on the Planet of the Apes, but I notice it's made by 20th Century Fox, and I already have bad memories of The Martian VR Experience (which was recently marked down to $4.99, god damn it). I can't tell if this is an actual complete game or just another "app" with playable moments. At any rate, will that 12/31 pre-order price last even after it's released on 4/3?

Very disappointing day. Only downloading one game off of Plus (which I probably will never play) and the only title that looks purchasable is Monster of the Deep...but I ain't paying 15 bucks for a fishing game.

I'm intrigued by Crisis on the Planet of the Apes, but I notice it's made by 20th Century Fox, and I already have bad memories of The Martian VR Experience (which was recently marked down to $4.99, god damn it). I can't tell if this is an actual complete game or just another "app" with playable moments. At any rate, will that 12/31 pre-order price last even after it's released on 4/3?

Very disappointing day. Only downloading one game off of Plus (which I probably will never play) and the only title that looks purchasable is Monster of the Deep...but I ain't paying 15 bucks for a fishing game.
There's no release date, so they just use the generic 12/31 placeholder end date.

Strongly disagree on this assessment of PSVR. Last month saw the release of Moss and Sprint Vector. Bravo Team may not have worked out, but was a legit effort. Blasters of the Universe seems promising as another recent release. There aren't a lot of full releases for PSVR but it doesn't appear that there is a lot of demand for it. The completion percentage on PSNprofiles of Skyrim is ridiculously small. However if you want quality 5-10 hour experiences PSVR is pretty great, and will probably continue to have some full game releases. I am extremely pleased with support for PSVR so far.
I finally got around to playing both Knockout League and Blasters today and both were really good in different ways. While I'm getting a bit more frustrated on the simplicity of a typical VR game they both have some cool stuff I haven't seen before. Warning on Knockout League is that it's quite physical. You have to dodge within a small window and hit within similar time frames which means there's little way to cheat through it.

Monster of the Deep?
I beat it and it was plenty fun to see whats in the game. They reuse everything A LOT to get more modes (i.e. tournament, hunts, etc.) which obviously pads game length if you want to fish for 30 hours. Controls with Move or DS are solid and I found using whatever was conveniently around or already turned on. Production design and music are lifted straight from FF so it's nicer than many indie titles for that alone. Good looking but they knocked down the resolution to accommodate the detail so it's a bit blurry even on a Pro. Since I'm not doing the extra content it's about 2-3 hours to see the stages and do the story and I was still satisfied spending 30 at the time. There's a good bit of shooting in the game as many stages have a boss fish of which there are numerous varieties that attacks you and you fight it off with a crossbow. It's lame and cheesy but works. The fishing is the better part by far IMO.

Moss is probably the best VR game I've played.  It's up there with Farpoint and RE7 as far as how much I like the game and experience.  But the charm that game has is just something I've never seen in any game ever.

I don't feel that Sony will drop the PSVR like some kind of fad (after all, "Now You're Playing With Gimmicks" is kind of Nintendo's line of business) but I do feel that, while it does have a lot of great games out there, it also has it's fair share of disappointing ones. But that's natural of every system. Nothing is perfect.

The problem with the PSVR isn't the way Sony is handling it, but the way developers are handling it. Aside from a small handful of big name developers, it's mostly caught the attention of small studios and they're essentially treating it like a niche product with a sole gimmick. Resident Evil 7 was great and I applaud Capcom for taking the chance on PSVR. But for every big name company like Capcom, you've got three or four small indie studios like Nekcom putting out shovelware like Dying Reborn.

The biggest problem with that is that they're not making a great game and then putting you into the world via VR. They're putting you into VR and trying to build a world around you that will capitalize on the VR aspect, thus treating it like a gimmick. Because of that, there's only so far they can take the game before it gets redundant for both the player and developer, so instead you end up with these tiny one-trick pony games that may last an hour or two at most. "That's it? Where's the rest of the game? Why can't it be long?" Because the developer doesn't know what else to do with the gimmick to make the game longer or more intricate.

I'm sure I've said it before, perhaps not on these forums, but the best way to sell a game on VR is to make a game that works great outside of VR, and then add the VR to it. Case in point; most walking sims. Firewatch, for example, was a decent game for what it was. It was about eight hours of just walking from point A to point B, listening to a conversation between two characters. Now, imagine if VR was added to it. The game just got hundreds of times cooler because you've just taken a game that can stand on its own without VR and added the player into the world.

Unfortunately, a lot of the developers who are willing to develop for VR aren't thinking this way. They're thinking "Let's make a game around VR", and what you end up with are short, shallow experiences. Once they have enough brains to make a game and then use VR to put the player into that world, you'll finally end up with something special. It'll happen, it's just not happening fast enough.

I'm sure I've said it before, perhaps not on these forums, but the best way to sell a game on VR is to make a game that works great outside of VR, and then add the VR to it. Case in point; most walking sims. Firewatch, for example, was a decent game for what it was. It was about eight hours of just walking from point A to point B, listening to a conversation between two characters. Now, imagine if VR was added to it. The game just got hundreds of times cooler because you've just taken a game that can stand on its own without VR and added the player into the world.
I disagree with this big time. I think they need to start building games from the ground up to take advantage of it and to do stuff we've never seen before. That is what is so great about Moss - it was built with VR in mind the entire time and it simply cannot work at all in non-VR.

Same with Farpoint. It was built with the Aim controller a priority and it shows.

But then you have RE7 where it's tacked on and it actually works great, although it has some buggy things in it or awkward things. Tacking VR on can work but I prefer games built around VR.

LOL I just opened the package that Bravo Team came in so I could put the return slip in there and ship back to Amazon, and the disc was loose inside the package too.  The game is full of fail.

Hopefully Bravo Team becomes a much better game by way of patches, similar to other VR titles like Arizona Sunshine. A great patch and a temporary price cut would peak my interest at least. It was never a game that I wanted as a day one purchase anyway.

As far as PSVR being a gimmick....I really believe that it's a case of something just being so new still. These gaming companies just don't know how to fully take advantage of it for the most part.

As time goes by and developers learn more about the technology the games will get more creative, longer, and better. Another reason for games being so short is probably because of the time that it takes the developers working with a new tech and trying things that are out of their norm.

I only expect 1-3 AAA titles to hit PSVR a year for the first 3-5 years with some really good AA games and some top notch indies.

One last thought....Sony needs to put out those new motion controllers ASAP if the really are behind the PSVR 100%. The lack of some type of navigation control is really hampering the developers as well. VR is new and the old motion (move) technology is handicapping the experience on PSVR.

I disagree with this big time. I think they need to start building games from the ground up to take advantage of it and to do stuff we've never seen before. That is what is so great about Moss - it was built with VR in mind the entire time and it simply cannot work at all in non-VR.

Same with Farpoint. It was built with the Aim controller a priority and it shows.

But then you have RE7 where it's tacked on and it actually works great, although it has some buggy things in it or awkward things. Tacking VR on can work but I prefer games built around VR.
I'm not saying that building a game around VR can't work, it's just that the problem we're seeing is because they're building a game around VR that's using the VR in entirely gimmicky ways -- no more than a proof-of-concept "look what I can do in VR" type of game. Obviously games like Job Simulator are fun and couldn't work without VR, and while I haven't played Moss, I've heard good things as well (though I don't see how it couldn't be played in standard 2D.) Though both of these games are incredibly short because of it.

Nor am I saying to make a standard non-VR game and add VR afterwards, because that would just be silly in a lot of cases. It works in a lot of great cases, like Resident Evil 7 and Rez, but also bombs hard like in Catlateral Damage. I'm just saying that the goal should be to make a good game without thinking of the VR gimmick and then fit the VR in in a creative way after. Think of it like 3D movies. Early 3D movies were all about "Oh look, a spear (or other object) is sticking out of the screen right at the viewer!" Nice effect, but it gets old after a while if that's all a 3D movie is. The better ones were the movies that added actual depth to image so it felt like you could walk right through the screen. But it's still fun to have a spear pop out at you every once in a while.

I think Moss is short because it's basically a huge risk making a new IP on a peripheral, so they created it from the ground up as a budget title.  I'm also pretty confident there will be more games in the Moss world based on how it's being received.

And if you don't know how it wouldn't work in 2D, you clearly don't know much about it :)

And if you don't know how it wouldn't work in 2D, you clearly don't know much about it :)
I honestly don't. I saw the announce trailer and some screenshots. But it looks to me like it's a third-person game, so your perspective isn't actually in the world, just looking down upon it. Kind of like Allumette. How is this something that cannot be done in 2D?

I think Moss is short because it's basically a huge risk making a new IP on a peripheral, so they created it from the ground up as a budget title. I'm also pretty confident there will be more games in the Moss world based on how it's being received.

It's short because it was made by 12 people that eventually have to pay off their credit cards. After playing it and seeing the hype from the hipster gaming journalists I looked into the development. It's effectively a strike team of professional devs from other companies who knew pretty well what they could make given the time. The only tragedy is if the team was twice as big it could be have been that much bigger but no one is going to risk that much talent on VR quite yet.

The thing I'm jealous of is the ingenious use of the DS controller. I actually tested similar multi tasking designs with Kinect when I was dev for that and struggled to get it to work right. I really believe if you didn't have the spatial awareness available in VR that grabbing and moving objects in 3D space wouldn't work at all and you would have to gut the game's marquee design to port it.

Moss is about 15 hours and a few collectibles short of being a Nintendo caliber product. If Sony is smart they would outright buy Polyarc and scale them to get a legitimate sequel out by next Summer that could potentially be VR's killer app.

I honestly don't. I saw the announce trailer and some screenshots. But it looks to me like it's a third-person game, so your perspective isn't actually in the world, just looking down upon it. Kind of like Allumette. How is this something that cannot be done in 2D?
But you are "in" the world. You can even look down at the water (when over water) and see your reflection. You push and pull objects around in 3D space, which simply is not possible without VR. You heal Quill by "grabbing" her for a few seconds too. Oh, and you can high five her at times!

You also have to stand up and peak around corners to help you see better. Well I guess you don't HAVE to do that 2nd part, but I did it a ton.

It's short because it was made by 12 people that eventually have to pay off their credit cards. After playing it and seeing the hype from the hipster gaming journalists I looked into the development. It's effectively a strike team of professional devs from other companies who knew pretty well what they could make given the time. The only tragedy is if the team was twice as big it could be have been that much bigger but no one is going to risk that much talent on VR quite yet.

The thing I'm jealous of is the ingenious use of the DS controller. I actually tested similar multi tasking designs with Kinect when I was dev for that and struggled to get it to work right. I really believe if you didn't have the spatial awareness available in VR that grabbing and moving objects in 3D space wouldn't work at all and you would have to gut the game's marquee design to port it.

Moss is about 15 hours and a few collectibles short of being a Nintendo caliber product. If Sony is smart they would outright buy Polyarc and scale them to get a legitimate sequel out by next Summer that could potentially be VR's killer app.
Based on a dev interview I saw that was like 20 minutes long or so, the Polyarc team clearly wants to bring the world of Moss to other platforms, which at this point really only means PC. But if Sony offered them a boatload of cash that could help out with keeping it a PSVR exclusive.

I know it is barely March, but I am pretty confident Moss is going to win at least one award come yearly awards time. From simply a breakout VR title, to the sound design, to the animation of Quill, there are plenty of places it could get one for.

I was looking forward to Golem next week, but it's been delayed without a new release date. The devs just said that it was still coming out "soon".

I was looking forward to Golem next week, but it's been delayed without a new release date. The devs just said that it was still coming out "soon".
That game has so much riding on it. When the delay hit I looked into it remembering it was announced a long time ago. That game was announced when PSVR was still Morpheus putting it right around 2 and half years of development by a team of serious industry veterans. To top it off one of the very first interviews had the creative director, Jaime Griesemer, saying outright that this was a "full experience" that was being designed to only work in VR (and is exclusive to PSVR). Honestly, I have very high hopes for it so we'll see where it fits in on the broad spectrum of VR games.

I just bought an HDMI Switch for my PS4Pro and PSVR. I actually bought the Huierav HDMI 2.0 AB Switch, but I know the IBIS works well too. I did a ton of research and I have had to do a few tweaks in my setup, but I think I have a few tips that will help get yours working right.

1. Make sure your IBIS Switch is the White One, the Black One will not do what you are wanting.

2. Make sure you use a short, like 6 inch HDMI 2.0 cable from your PS4 to the switch. Longer hdmi cables going from the PS4 to the switch do not always work. This is the exact one I bought for my switch, and it works great. It is $7. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SVE6YF2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. Make sure you use your switch when the PS4 is turned off. I know a lot of people had better success using the switch when the PS4 wasn't on. However, the Huierav switch I bought will switch quickly, without issues, without turning off the PS4. Sometimes it has more to do with your receiver or your TV really needing the PS4 to be off before switching the HDMI Switch.
Thank you for the link. That helps. I did buy the white IBIS. Which cable to you recommend for hooking up the IBIS to the TV and getting HDR. If I use a 6" cable to the switch, I probably need a cable 4' or more minimum. Do you recommend I get the 6 foot KabelDirect as well? I'm afraid that won't work, but I don't know.

I'm following @PolyarcGames and @SuperMGames and their Twitter feeds are night and day.  Polyarc is retweeting all of these positive comments people are saying about their games, good reviews, feedback, etc, and Supermassive Games hasn't made one post other than announcing the game has been released, and the comments to that Tweet are not very positive.  I wonder how it feels to just know you have worked hard on a product that just is not a good product.

And on that note...

X9ZYn6D.png

Yep. One less Aim-compatible title to look forward to. I'm guessing with all the work they put into it (built "from the ground up" for Aim support), they're probably going to patch it up considerably, but still hoping the price will drop to $10 or so before I decide to take the plunge. What's next?

Yep. One less Aim-compatible title to look forward to. I'm guessing with all the work they put into it (built "from the ground up" for Aim support), they're probably going to patch it up considerably, but still hoping the price will drop to $10 or so before I decide to take the plunge. What's next?
Well, with all of these returns maybe we will see some copies on Amazon Warehouse Deals for $10 or so in the not too distant future. :D/

Anybody have any thoughts or insights on The American Dream. It doesn’t show up in the psn store yet but according to one article I found online it releases next week. Europe is getting a physical release but I don’t think we are. I’m debating importing it for £18.23 ($25-26)

Managed to get in a couple of hours of RE7 VR last night and played some of the banned footage DLC. There isn't much actual gameplay to the "Survival Blackjack" video tape but I still found it a hell of alot of fun to do. Kinda felt like a cross between RE7 and the Saw movies. and the VR effect of having a saw blade spinning directly in your face is pretty neat if you are a gorehound like me.  

Is the RE7 DLC free or you gotta pay for it?

My copy of SuperHot VR came today from that eBay dude in the UK.  I don't know if I'll have time to try it out tonight but definitely will tomorrow.  I've never played that game and everyone raves about it so I'm curious as shit about it.

Is the RE7 DLC free or you gotta pay for it?

My copy of SuperHot VR came today from that eBay dude in the UK. I don't know if I'll have time to try it out tonight but definitely will tomorrow. I've never played that game and everyone raves about it so I'm curious as shit about it.

The Chris Redfield DLC is free, but the rest is pay to play. It was all on sale during the last PSN VR sale. You can get the Gold Edition for $25 from GS and includes all of the DLC except for the Chris Redfield one. That's what I did.

That game looks promising!! The environment had a Bioshock type feel to it and I would love to play Bioshock in VR.

Am I the only one, or does it just make sense that the Outlast series should get a VR update? That would be a scary ass experience!!!

My copy of SuperHot VR came today from that eBay dude in the UK. I don't know if I'll have time to try it out tonight but definitely will tomorrow. I've never played that game and everyone raves about it so I'm curious as shit about it.
if you care about trophies at all, keep in mind that there is a trophy for playing through the entire game from start to finish in one sitting. I picked it up on Christmas with a 20% off coupon that someone was kind enough to pass my way, because I was going to my aunt's house for Christmas and bringing my PS4/VR with me. My cousin, who I don't see except a couple times a year, really wanted to try SuperHot VR, so I figured as a nice thing to do, I'd grab it so he could play it. I set him up on a guest account and let him go at it.

Then a couple weeks ago, I finally decided to give it a try myself. Didn't expect to play it as long as I did, but after a few hours, I pulled off my headset so I could check the web to see how close to the end I was. Turned out I was on the final stage, so I stuck with it. At the very end, I got a trophy and when I looked it up, discovered it was for playing through the game in one sitting. To think I was about to take a break for the night and would have had to play the whole thing through again at another time if I hadn't decided to stick it out.

I don't really care about Trophies at all, although I did in Moss so there is that lol.  But I think it's because I liked Moss so much that I wanted to get them all and I wanted to beat it (for the 4th time mind you) in one sitting start to finish.  If I like it enough maybe I can try to get that one too for playing in one sitting.  Also Saturday I'm having people come over and maybe we can hand it off to each other.

Wow Superhot VR is a wild game.  At first I was kinda like "meh" this is IT?  But then when things started happening quicker, like on disc B, it started to get a lot more fun.  It's fun when you beat like 1 or 2 of the 4-5 little stages, then die, and get to redo them, and know what to do, and do it all quick and feel like Neo in the Matrix.  I had to take a break after like 20 minutes though because I'm sweating my ass off.  I also noticed that tracking wasn't the best either.

So....I really don't get all of the hate for the Inpatient. I guess that I went into it knowing that it was going to be a story driven game from the start. It's a gorgeous game and it sucks you right into it's world. The controls aren't the best, but you get use to them with time and they're the best that you can get without analogs, or transportation.

The game is also a few hours long and while some will only play it once, I want to see all of the memories, butterfly effects, and endings.

I'm really enjoying it and it's a creepy ass game. While it's not worth it's current asking price for some....this is a very solid $15-$25 game.

So....I really don't get all of the hate for the Inpatient. I guess that I went into it knowing that it was going to be a story driven game from the start. It's a gorgeous game and it sucks you right into it's world. The controls aren't the best, but you get use to them with time and they're the best that you can get without analogs, or transportation.

The game is also a few hours long and while some will only play it once, I want to see all of the memories, butterfly effects, and endings.

I'm really enjoying it and it's a creepy ass game. While it's not worth it's current asking price for some....this is a very solid $15-$25 game.
Is there any combat at all? I'm assuming no, and that's probably the reason why everyone thinks it's so boring, or at least one of the reasons. I don't mind the strictly story-driven stuff from time to time, but I do have to take a break from those kind of games. I know there's no combat in Don't Knock Twice or Paranormal Activity, so maybe all of the horror games flooding the market without it are starting to get to people.

Is there any combat at all? I'm assuming no, and that's probably the reason why everyone thinks it's so boring, or at least one of the reasons.
It's a sad state of affairs when a game can only be considered "interesting" if it contains combat. I think there was a myriad of reasons for its bad word of mouth (too expensive, too short, crummy and/or glitchy controls -- just guessing), but I'm excited to jump into it this weekend and take an unbiased look at the proceedings. I think VR was tailor-made for this type of dramatic, story-driven interactive experience (I hope Telltale gets in on the market) and I strongly hope AAA companies aren't discouraged from producing more in the future.

Ahem, on that note, I took advantage of eBay's 20% off today and finally ordered Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune (VR-compatible), due to the distinct lack of pervy games in the market.

There isn't any combat, but it's on a different level from Don't Knock Twice and Paranormal Activity graphicly at least. I actually got Paranormal Activity from Best Buy for $5.xx and will play that next. I'm curious to see how they stack up against one another.

Superhot VR is a bit overrated IMO.  The tracking in that game is just pretty poor and takes me out of it quite a bit.  Throwing objects is a joke too and feels completely random.  I was expecting more from it just based on how much hype it gets.  It does make you feel like a badass sometimes though.

bread's done
Back