Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very odd that it doesn't show that.  I'd guess it will be the same though and the 20% will show up in the near future or sometime before it ships.  Maybe it's because the listing is so new.  

I don't think Polyarc has even officially announced it yet because there is nothing on their Twitter.  

It's really cool if you're into stealth games in the vein of Metal Gear Solid's VR missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoYuzFz3Qxo
I like Volume. It's one of the first games I bought. It's got a bunch of levels where you play from a 3rd person perspective (kind of like Moss) and have to move your character through different stages without being spotted by guards.
Thanks. I pulled the trigger. I really enjoyed all of the splinter cell games. And I get a kick out of any shooter campaign that gives the option of stealth tactics. I choose stealth method every time (unless I screw it up).

The American Dream is one of the most fun VR games I've ever played. If you love the subversive, irreverent humor of Accounting+ or Jazzpunk, you'll enjoy this game. Without giving too much away, it's a rail/wave shooter that revolves around gun culture and coming of age. It's not a very challenging game (that's not really the point), and its 20+ levels can be completed in about 3 hours, but gameplay is always varied and never boring. I don't have much to complain about here aside from some issues with two handed guns (holding them with two Move controllers is a little glitchy) and the fact that things kind of go 'off the rails' in the last act. Also, aiming is a little off, which is giving me some trouble with the last couple of trophies, and restarting levels means listening to the same dialogue over and over.

All in all, though, in continues in the grand tradition of me getting to experience things in VR that I'll never get to do in real life. Such as
getting married.

The American Dream is one of the most fun VR games I've ever played. If you love the subversive, irreverent humor of Accounting+ or Jazzpunk, you'll enjoy this game. Without giving too much away, it's a rail/wave shooter that revolves around gun culture and coming of age. It's not a very challenging game (that's not really the point), and its 20+ levels can be completed in about 3 hours, but gameplay is always varied and never boring. I don't have much to complain about here aside from some issues with two handed guns (holding them with two Move controllers is a little glitchy) and the fact that things kind of go 'off the rails' in the last act. Also, aiming is a little off, which is giving me some trouble with the last couple of trophies, and restarting levels means listening to the same dialogue over and over.

All in all, though, in continues in the grand tradition of me getting to experience things in VR that I'll never get to do in real life. Such as
getting married.
Is there an option for subtitles for the dialogue? I need them cuz I'm hard of hearing

Is there an option for subtitles for the dialogue? I need them cuz I'm hard of hearing
Yup, plus you can also set their position on the screen (it defaults to the top).

I just got the plat about an hour ago. One trophy gave me a hell of a time, but otherwise it was really enjoyable. I used my 20% off coupon on it last week, so I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself.

Good to see this getting a normal retail physical release. Also glad LRG didn't get this as they would have likely charged $39.99 plus shipping for it and now we should be able to get it for $23.99 after discounts.
Agreed. Though considering LRG rarely sells good games, Moss was safe from an overpriced release. After playing the demo glad to see its getting a real release. I never buy digital over $5 or $6.

Cold Iron is okay. You basically master the art of holster, quick draw, holster. Difficulty ranges from fun to challenging to "I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing here." Game is fairly sparse and can be completed in about an hour once you know what you're doing. You only use one Move controller and have to rely on super fast reflexes and pattern recognition in order to outgun the other ("S" ranking depends on speed and accuracy; you can only cheat it so much). Platinum at 0.1% seems like a lost cause. There are also training levels, a challenge mode and apparently a secret stage you can unlock with 16 in-game rewards (I'm still missing a couple, but I'm going back in).

It's fun while it lasts (more like a 'dry fun'), but I'm glad I didn't pay more than $7.99 for it.

---

EDIT: I fuckING DID IT! I GOT THE PLATINUM!!!

Ready Player One isn't the only futuristic VR adaptation to come out of 2018. I just finished up Kiss Me First, a UK drama-thriller series about a Lonely Girl who uses virtual reality to escape her humdrum existence (what else?). While not as spectacularly awesome as RPO, or even garnering much mass appeal, it is a darker take on the subject matter. It's difficult for me to recommend (and not just because of the direct-to-video CG quality); the first couple of episodes were interesting, but it got harder to follow as it went on (or maybe I just wasn't that invested). I realized later that the VR element was kind of a tacked-on plot device that didn't really exist in the source material (the 'Red Pill' was originally a chatroom). Anyway, you can download it online if you know which sites to check, or else it seems like something Netflix will pick up eventually.

In the meantime though, Westworld is still my go-to "VR" series of choice. ;) I can't wait until that technology exists...

Unsurprisingly Obduction's VR patch is kinda weak. No full locomotion, incredibly blurry visuals at a distance, and pretty common loading into sub areas within the overworld. It's a full fledged AA game though and has production value and visuals that are as good or better than many PSVR games.

The psn web store has a front page advertisement for “psvr survival horror”. Not a deal, but I think it’s something that’s important. Helps to show that Sony is not abandoning VR like some people are afraid of

Anyone have an opinion on Bravo Team?  I'm considering picking it up from Amazon while it's as low as it is (currently $28.96).

I don't have PS+ so I'd be playing it solo.  The Amazon listing says PS+ is required, but I assume that's only if I want to access co-op.

I'd like to know how the graphics are, how well it works with the aim controller, and how much content I can play solo.

Here are the new deals for this week:

2MD: VR Football - $10.00 - 23% Off - Ends 5/14

100ft Robot Golf - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/22

Archangel - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/22

Eagle Flight - $14.79 - 63% Off - Ends 5/15

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - 1st Stage - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/22

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - 2nd Stage - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/22

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - 3rd Stage - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/22

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - Season Pass - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 40% Off - Ends 5/22

Megaton Rainfall - $9.91 - 38% Off - $8.95 - 44% Off - Ends 5/22
Mervils: A VR Adventure - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/22

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/15

VR Ping Pong - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/22

Werewolves Within - $9.89 - 67% Off - Ends 5/15

New Releases:

CoolPaintrVR - $19.99

Megadimension Neptunia VIIR - $59.99

Is Star Trek Bridge Crew worth it if I'm only gonna play by myself? I'm a huge star trek fan for what that's worth, but it seems like a mainly party style game

Anyone have an opinion on Bravo Team? I'm considering picking it up from Amazon while it's as low as it is (currently $28.96).

I don't have PS+ so I'd be playing it solo. The Amazon listing says PS+ is required, but I assume that's only if I want to access co-op.

I'd like to know how the graphics are, how well it works with the aim controller, and how much content I can play solo.
I feel like nobody bought it due to bad press. No idea if those initial issues were ever cleared up with patches. I won't even consider it at more than $20. I can probably wait until it inevitably hits $9.99 by the holidays.

-Sidebar-

Holy shit, Moss is fucking incredible. Such high production value. Like a magical storybook land come to life. I absolutely love it. I'm sorry I waited so long to get it (curiosity eventually got the better of me), though sadly I bought it shortly before physical was announced. Still, I got the 20% discount, so not all is lost.

I had to force myself to stop playing because I want to savor it more before the experience is over.

Thanks for the feedback.  I've read some articles and the things that people are complaining about really don't bother me.  I can deal with the 1st person to 3rd person switch while moving.  I can deal with the lack of storyline.  I can deal with there only being 4 weapons.  Shit, Farpoint also only had a few weapons that you could only change at certain points in the game and nobody complained about it then.

I'd be happy just playing this for the realistic graphics and the opportunity to just mindlessly blast at enemy soldiers using the aim controller.  The gameplay videos I've watched look fun.  I wouldn't pay $40 for this, but I'll definitely buy it at a lower price.  Maybe I'll wait to see if it goes any lower.

I bought Bravo Team but returned it without opening it at launch due to reviews.  It's a general consensus that the game is complete and utter shit.  I'd buy it for $5 just out of curiosity just to see how bad it is.  

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/09/star-trek-bridge-crews-new-dlc-enters-the-next-generation-on-ps-vr-may-22/

Star Trek: Bridge Crew is getting some The Next Generation DLC on 5/22:

So, what are we adding?

We added the Enterprise (NCC-1701D) bridge and rebalanced our game to accommodate its new capabilities, we replaced the engineering position with a new role called “Operations” on the 1701D bridge (it’s now my personal favorite position) which focuses on crew management and maximizing ship buffs, we’ve added Romulans, we’ve put in the Borg, created TNG-era uniforms, gave players the ability to make their avatars Soong-type androids, put in new shield modulation and precision phaser fire mechanics, took a pass through our play spaces so that more solar systems will be utilized by Ongoing Voyages (our randomized Starfleet mission generator), and added two new Ongoing Voyages (“Resistance” and “Patrol”) complete with new voice work and unique mission mechanics. Oh, and we also threw in some fan favorites such as a fully functional Planet Killer, complete with deadly anti-proton beam.

We wanted to create something that did justice to the Borg by conveying the sense of cosmic, existential dread that the Borg always inspired in me. With their singular goal of assimilation, and their disregard for anything or anyone standing in their way (except for Species 8472, of course), I really think they’re one of the most elegant enemies in science fiction. There’s something quietly menacing about them that tickles an animalistic fight-or-flight response, and I wanted to capture that.

In short, I wanted to scare people.

The structure of “Resistance” was heavily inspired by classic rogue and roguelike games, which I think do a great job of driving tension, and challenges the player to travel across space to retrieve scattered anti-Borg prototypes to fight off a Borg Cube that’s happily assimilating and slaughtering everything in its path.

Along the way, crews are faced with randomly presented challenges that have to be completed with the knowledge that every second spent brings the Borg Cube ever closer. Warping to another solar system will buy you time, and each prototype successfully collected will provide you with a new tool for fighting the Borg…but each time you face the Cube, it’s adapted to your tactics and becomes ever more powerful. And the Cube gets very mean, very quickly.

It’s meant to be difficult, encourage serious lateral thinking, and reward a spectrum of success. In that sense it shares a lot of creative DNA with the Kobayashi Maru challenge mission, which I also designed (I guess I have a type) and we included in our base game. Watching countless streamed hours of crews attempting to beat an unbeatable mode, and having blast while trying, really informed a lot of the moment-to-moment design of “Resistance.” I learned a lot about high-level bridge crew play by watching crews come up with amazing strategies, compare scores, and thoroughly humble my mission design.

TNG for Bridge Crew seems kind of great, but also, the idea that Picard wouldn't be the captain of the Enterprise D is ridiculous. The idea that I could somehow fill his shoes is even more ridiculous.

I've been playing Arizona Sunshine for the past couple of nights and I have to say I'm really enjoying it.

I avoided it for the longest time because I thought it was just a poor-man's Farpoint.  Also, I've never been a fan of zombie games.  Then I decided to pick it up when it was sale a few months back, but hadn't tried it until yesterday.

So far, it's a great game.  Nice selection of weapons.  I remember being worried when I heard that the game was designed without the aim in mind, then they added a two handed mode for aim users - I thought it was going to be a poorly tacked on mode, but I was clearly mistaken.

Tracking is pretty good, I had some tracking issues yesterday, but none today.

I really like the setting in the desert.  I am currently underground in the mine and I was in awe when I got to the part where you can see a little light shining in from a hole above and what looks like dirt blowing around.  I just stood there for a few minutes staring.

I would strongly recommend it to anyone who doesn't already own it and is looking for a game to play using their aim controller.

I've played a bit of 2MD VR Football and will have a video of it in action in a bit, but it's pretty cool for what it's doing. The controls are pretty simple since you just pushing the trigger on the Move controller corresponding to your hand and throw the ball in a natural throwing motion if you have the room. I guess you can sit to play the game, but I just stood since it fits the game better. The face buttons on your Move controller correspond to the four plays you have at your disposal, but you can completely change them in the locker room menu to move your offensive players around and draw new routes for them to run with on a whiteboard. It also has voice controls so you can audible to your other plays by holding down the Move button and saying the code word for that play if you want to go that route. There is also some customization of the team you're playing with various team names, voices, and RGB controls for your team's colors. 

The game itself plays well, though it's also pretty physical with you making throwing motions so you should make sure you don't have expensive/fragile items nearby. There's no movement needed, as you just stand in one spot and do a throwing motion. You can do a QB run by holding down the Move button after the snap, which has only been useful for 4th & 1 situations. Each round gives you two minutes to score the winning TD and if you win, you get a quick minigame where you throw footballs through rings to increase the score. The main mode seems to just be about you trying to win as many games as possible along with the high score, which I believe increases with better plays and completing consecutive passes to get an NBA Jam-style football on fire that I don't think has any benefits besides signifying that you're getting a higher score for each successful play.

The stadiums are pretty cool with one being an SNES-themed stadium and another is castle-themed with a dragon that bursts out of its hidden area when you score. They have some nice fake ads around each stadium for companies like Grubway and Hike. Each stadium has a giant LED screen on it to show you the action after your pass. If you haven't seen the game at all, every player is a tackle dummy with a jersey and helmet on them, so it's not going for any sort of realism outside of the passing mechanic and even that has a bit of leeway for non-athletes.

It's fun to play and the main appeal is its main mechanic that works really well. There's not much in terms of other modes or any added stuff besides unlocking more team names as you get more wins in the main mode.

Is Star Trek Bridge Crew worth it if I'm only gonna play by myself? I'm a huge star trek fan for what that's worth, but it seems like a mainly party style game
I have not played a lot of it, yet another game I need to get back into playing..

My brother in law is a *huge* TNG fan and over Christmas I left my PSVR at my parents house while they stayed there... he was up into the wee hours having a blast playing it 100% solo. He enjoyed it, but said it did get a little repetitive doing the same stuff in pretty much every mission.

I would assume co-op would be a blast for ST fans.

Has to be some co-op youtube footage..

I just got the platinum for Moss.

I wish girls thought that was cool.
It's kind of crazy how quickly you can beat Moss start to finish if you blow through all the cutscenes and know how to solve all of the puzzles. My run to get the platinum and beat it without dying took me like 45-50 minutes.

It's kind of crazy how quickly you can beat Moss start to finish if you blow through all the cutscenes and know how to solve all of the puzzles. My run to get the platinum and beat it without dying took me like 45-50 minutes.
Yeah, and when you're not just standing around marveling at how beautiful the scenery is. I can't believe I wasted money on bullshit like Perfect VR when all you have to do in this game is look up.

I also spent a lot of time during my first playthrough peeking around corners looking for secrets. I like that you could physically search the area without glitching the game or going "out of bounds." Definitely one of the best looking, most polished PSVR titles to date.

Arizona Sunshine just keeps getting better!  I just discovered that you can blow off limbs. I knew you could do blow off their heads, but I didn't know you could blow off arms and legs too.

Also, some really great areas on the game where you can just sit down and take in the atmosphere for a while.

One just outside the military base (refinery?). It's night time but the sky still has a bit of a glow to it. You can hear crickets chirping in the background. Also, once you get out of the base, you are really high up and can enjoy the view over the side of the mountain.

Any thoughts on Megaton Rainfall?
I don't care for it because it uses forward rendering, which is essentially rendering to a 2D surface. It makes everything feel more like a 360 degree movie than a game. On reddit I noticed some people don't care so YMMV on whether the effect is a dealbreaker. In terms of gameplay it's pretty fun but simple. A youtube review is pretty reflective of the game itself.

Finally got around to Paranormal Activity. Read it has been updated plenty since launch. I "loved" playing it until I got to one of the first rooms and anxiety kicked in hard. The atmosphere alone is too much for me to handle alone at night. Waiting until day time when my wife is in the room.

Plus my disc may be haunted. Paranormal Activity always comes loose in the case. I've put other games in the same case and they stay put.

A few new deals this week:

Dirt Rally Plus PlayStation VR Bundle - $13.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/22
Dirt Rally - PlayStation VR Upgrade DLC Add-on - $5.19 - 60% Off - Ends 5/22

The existing deals:

100ft Robot Golf - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/22

Archangel - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/22

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - 1st Stage - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/22

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - 2nd Stage - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/22

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - 3rd Stage - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/22

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - Season Pass - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 40% Off - Ends 5/22

Megaton Rainfall - $9.91 - 38% Off - $8.95 - 44% Off - Ends 5/22
Mervils: A VR Adventure - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/22

VR Ping Pong - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/22

I got Dirt Rally and could barely finish 1 race. IT's the only VR game so far to make me queasy. Like i felt sick for 2 hours after playing. 

I got Dirt Rally and could barely finish 1 race. IT's the only VR game so far to make me queasy. Like i felt sick for 2 hours after playing.
I had the same problem and felt the game was just way too difficult. It's one of the few full VR games but I ditched my copy and just let the DLC go.

Imo it's not worth the price of entry atm, the limited song selection gets stale fast. They have some modding tools for bringing songs in but really wish it had launched with more songs

Anyone know where the best deal for 1 MOVE controller is? I have a hard time paying $50 for one and would rather save a few bucks if possible.

They are $31.96 at Gamestop used if you have the Ultra Pro Membership.

Just check if any stores in your area have version 2 with the current charging cable port.

I bought 2 and they were like brand new. The version 2 has only been out for a few months.

Anyone know if Beat Saber is coming to PSVR? That game looks really fun!
Yes it is coming to PSVR. I thought it was coming the end of May but havent heard anything lately. But it seems like with PSVR titles they have game releases and announce the week of when they are releasing.

Anyone know where the best deal for 1 MOVE controller is? I have a hard time paying $50 for one and would rather save a few bucks if possible.
Check pawn shops and other resale shops. I got one of mine at a pawn shop for $12 and one at a local store called Bookmans for $15. Bookmans is kinda like what Hastings was, used books, movies, video games, and musical instruments. Maybe you have something like that in your area

bread's done
Back