Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
You can watch VR *spoiler* on it, but it's a bit of a convoluted process. First off, download the Littlstar app on your PS4. Then you have to have a PS4-compatible external HD or flash drive with a folder called Littlstar in it. In there, you can keep your *spoiler* videos, but they have to be named correctly (usually with "_180_lr" at the end of the filename, though it varies based on VR format). I've also noticed you can't play videos over 3200x1600 resolution or larger files over 8 or 9GB (otherwise you get a black screen or it's heavily choppy). I'm not sure if results vary on a Pro.
If you get a black screen with audio during playback of videos, it’s probably that your IDC profile level is off. Get the free CoolSoft H264 Level Editor. Drag and drop your file into the program’s window and it will show current level (probably will be at 3.x or 4.x). Use the drop down box to select a new level and set it at 5.1. Takes less than a second and your file should now work. I have some files that are like 16gb, so file size doesn’t seem to an issue

I finished Arizona Sunshine. Yeah, I thought it was fun. And I didn't realize it has a mode that has the Aim controller in mind. When I saw Two-Handed Weapons Mode for some reason I thought it meant dual-wielding mode. I then went straight for the Story mode. It seems the Two-Handed mode is the Story mode, but it replaces the pistols with at least one rifle. That gives me a big reason to play the campaign again.

If you get a black screen with audio during playback of videos, it’s probably that your IDC profile level is off. Get the free CoolSoft H264 Level Editor. Drag and drop your file into the program’s window and it will show current level (probably will be at 3.x or 4.x). Use the drop down box to select a new level and set it at 5.1. Takes less than a second and your file should now work. I have some files that are like 16gb, so file size doesn’t seem to an issue
How are you using 16gb files on PS4? I thought all external hard drives had to be FAT32 for the PS4 to read it, which allows only a max file size of 4gb.

How are you using 16gb files on PS4? I thought all external hard drives had to be FAT32 for the PS4 to read it, which allows only a max file size of 4gb.
PS4 also supports exFat, which is what I formatted my usb to. Not sure what the file size limitation is on that format but I haven’t run into any issues with it yet

Thanks for the advice. I've tried using the H264 level editor before and it doesn't always work. The only other option being to completely reencode the video, which can take up to an entire day. Now I'm curious how you're able to run such big files. Can you play content over 3200x1600? Do you have any issues with video stuttering? Are you running on a Pro?

I've noticed that 3840x1920 video always stutters (the audio is delayed as well) and I've never been able to successfully play a file at 5400x2700 or over (even when reencoded). I just figured it was limitations in the PS4 hardware, but I'll try messing with the IDC program parameters more and see if it helps.

I've noticed that 3840x1920 video always stutters (the audio is delayed as well) and I've never been able to successfully play a file at 5400x2700 or over (even when reencoded). I just figured it was limitations in the PS4 hardware, but I'll try messing with the IDC program parameters more and see if it helps.
I've run 3840x1920 fine without stutter or audio delays using a 5.1 High Profile (encoded using HandBrake.) Never tried anything above that.

So I ended up buying the Sony Gold Wireless headset during Target's recent 15% off glitch(es). It came out to $38, shipped. Not too shabby if I actually get away with it.

No new sales this week?  I realize we just got over a big sale, but it was pretty much the same old games on sale as always.  I wish they'd put some different games on sale for a change.

No new sales this week? I realize we just got over a big sale, but it was pretty much the same old games on sale as always. I wish they'd put some different games on sale for a change.
The Flash Sale has some decent stuff but there aren't enough PSVR games in total to have new games regularly on sale. Psychonauts, Dirt Rally, and Star Trek are decent.

Anyone play DWVR? Reportedly AIM compatible with smooth turning
No but it's received pretty mediocre reviews. It's like a two man dev team so it's a pretty simple game. That said, I heard AIM support is solid and that it does what it says it does well enough.

Quick reminder that The Persistence is going on sale Tuesday  for 30 bucks and getting a physical release. Previews look very positive and it's definitely one of the better looking titles so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6a1i62gZI0

Advice appreciated: saw a listing for a used Skyrim bundle for $150. I only have the slim PS4. Never had VR before. Worth it?
Yes, buy that thing. Just make sure there are no scratched on the inside of the headset on the lenses and look at the crappy plastic bands that connect the headset to the harness for damage.

Advice appreciated: saw a listing for a used Skyrim bundle for $150. I only have the slim PS4. Never had VR before. Worth it?
Personally, I wouldn't do it. If you experience any issues after you buy it and it's not under warranty, the amount of money you'll end up spending to have it repaired will be the difference in buying the bundle new to begin with. I'd buy new, but that's just me.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. If you experience any issues after you buy it and it's not under warranty, the amount of money you'll end up spending to have it repaired will be the difference in buying the bundle new to begin with. I'd buy new, but that's just me.
I agree, as much as I like to be a CAG, a used headset sounds nasty to me. The headset makes me sweat and that foam headband soaks it up. Not enough Clorox wipes for that. But to each their own.

I agree, as much as I like to be a CAG, a used headset sounds nasty to me. The headset makes me sweat and that foam headband soaks it up. Not enough Clorox wipes for that. But to each their own.
Haha! Didn't think of the sweat. That pretty much turned me off to buying used. Thanks. 🤘

A big update for Rick & Morty is out now to add snap turns:

https://twitter.com/adultswimgames/status/1021470373538418688

They have two more in the works to address the big issues.

Haven't been around CAG for a bit, but just wanted to drop in to say I'm pretty damn excited for Persistence. Good reviews, it feels like Dead Space VR, and it's getting a physical release. I'm pretty stoked.

I really should've bought me some more VR games during the sale.  Do VR games go on sale as regularly as normal games?  Never paid attention.

Only recently into VR, and now I know my head can handle it so I'm itching for more to play.

Apparently Sega Mega Drive Classics got a VR patch today.  It basically puts you into a virtual bedroom from the 90s where you play the games on an older TV set.

Not really what I look for in a VR game, but I'm sure some people will like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mZcUZzoUok

Quick reminder that The Persistence is going on sale Tuesday for 30 bucks and getting a physical release. Previews look very positive and it's definitely one of the better looking titles so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6a1i62gZI0
Looks like the physical edition isnt being carried by Gamestop, WM, Target or Amazon. Frys & Best Buy definitely have it though.

*Edit*

Looks like gamestop does now have it in stores/online.

Learned my lesson on Accounting+ ... not picking this up until all the content is added and it’s on sale. Don’t get me wrong, Accounting+ was amazing the first time but it has little to no replayability and didn’t seem worth the price at launch.
But they're made by different teams.

But they're made by different teams.
True, I was speaking more broadly about a trend I’ve noticed with many VR games in general. It seems like money doesn’t go as far in VR. Paying $30 for Fallout 4 after a few years vs $30 at launch for Rick and Morty, you still get way more game in non-VR titles. I understand that VR is probably harder to develop than standard games, but they’re just not as replayable and the limited value makes me wait until more content or fixes are released for most VR titles.

why isn't Fallout 4 on PSVR?
Pretty sure it’s a Vive exclusive ... Could be wrong. Processing power could also be an issue ... remember Skyrim is technically a ps3 era game. I wouldn’t be shocked if it shows up on PS4/5 sometime soon though since the work has already been done on it though.

Pretty sure it’s a Vive exclusive ... Could be wrong. Processing power could also be an issue ... remember Skyrim is technically a ps3 era game. I wouldn’t be shocked if it shows up on PS4/5 sometime soon though since the work has already been done on it though.
Fallout was built on a different engine. The same port team managed Fallout and Skyrim and they both came out Fallout had all sorts of performance issues on much better hardware. My guess is the engine is just clunky to scale back for VR.

um no skyrim was remastired 4 ps4 so its not a "ps3 era game".
You can add god rays and other stuff, but at its core it’s built on a less intensive engine than Fallout 4. Fallout 4 has occasional performance issues on the X1X, even the PS4 Pro (which is less powerful than the 1X) has issues with the base game. A VR version requires even more processing power. It’s the reason the remaster you mentioned looks so much better than the PSVR version of Skyrim.

True, I was speaking more broadly about a trend I’ve noticed with many VR games in general. It seems like money doesn’t go as far in VR. Paying $30 for Fallout 4 after a few years vs $30 at launch for Rick and Morty, you still get way more game in non-VR titles. I understand that VR is probably harder to develop than standard games, but they’re just not as replayable and the limited value makes me wait until more content or fixes are released for most VR titles.
If you're expecting tons of big, open games, you're going to be disappointed by most of what is on PSVR. If the prices are the issue, sales happen often enough that you should be able to get most anything at a good price if you wait.

Tried the Persistence demo last night - not a fan of that game at all.  I also wish they had more control options.  The smooth turning was too fast for me and it had no sensitivity settings, and the segmented turning had some artificial delay for some odd reason.

I picked up Paranormal Activity at Best Buy. I was hoping to get it in a PSN sale some day, but it was hard to pass up at $10. The lowest it's been on PSN is $20. Also, it's a licensed property. It will probably be de-listed from PSN some day. And when that happens I probably won't be able to find disc copies for $10 anymore.

Just beat the first deck on The Persistence and it is awesome. I mostly ignored before release because I thought it was going to be another hide and seek horror walking sim, but it's not at all. There's combat and a variety of cool weapons. Rogulike set up means you should get a lot of playtime out of it for $30.

I'm around 9 hours into The Persistence and loving the hell out of it.  Like most roguelikes its a bit rough at first but once you get the hang of how enemies work and unlock some upgrades is a ton of fun.  Along with weapon and skill upgrades, there are colored loot drops and the ability to earn more choices for passive abilities for your next run.  

I'm 4/5 done with the game's objectives so I am definitely near the end but the trophies I am missing do seem like they could be fun to go for, and there is an additional "Survival" mode on top of the story mode that has me real curious to try out.    Def worth the $30 if you're a fan of survival horror games or roguelikes. 

I've been putting off Rec Room due to expecting to be bombarded with iap and struggling to make an account when I first tried it.

Wish I didn't wait. Feels like a VR Garry's Mod. I love it. So much to do without paying anything.

There's a bunch of PSVR stuff on sale, here's what I have so far:

Ace Banana - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

Along Together - $14.99 - 25% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/7

Animal Force - $12.79 - 20% Off - $9.59 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28

Archangel - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/14

Arizona Sunshine - $27.99 - 30% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/7

Blasters of the Universe - $11.24 - 25% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/7

Darknet - $10.49 - 30% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

Digital Domain’s Monkey King - $3.99 - 20% Off - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/7

Dirt Rally Plus PlayStation VR Bundle - $29.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 80% Off - Ends 8/7

Dirt Rally - PlayStation VR Upgrade - $9.09 - 30% Off - $5.19 - 60% Off - Ends 8/7

Discovery - $8.39 - 30% Off - $4.79 - 60% Off - Ends 8/7

DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles - $7.99 - 20% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/7

DWVR - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

Dying: Reborn - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

End Space - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/28

Eve: Valkyrie Warzone - $21.89 - 27% Off - $13.49 - 55% Off - Ends 8/7

Floor Plan - $4.79 - 20% Off - $3.59 - 40% Off - Ends 8/7

Football Nation VR Tournament 2018 - $6.49 - 35% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/7

The Invisible Hours - $20.09 - 33% Off - $10.19 - 66% Off - Ends 8/7

Killing Floor: Incursion - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28

Light Tracer - $8.99 - 40% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 8/7

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $13.99 - 30% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/7

Mortal Blitz - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

Oasis Games Horror VR Bundle - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

Oasis Games Shooter VR Bundle - $9.99 - 60% Off - $7.49 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

Pierhead Arcade - $11.99 - 20% Off - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/7

Pixel Gear - $4.39 - 60% Off - $3.29 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

RollerCoaster Legends - $4.49 - 10% Off - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/7

Salary Man Escape VR - $12.79 - 20% Off - $9.59 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28

SEGA Genesis Classics - $26.99 - 10% Off - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/7

Smashbox Arena - $9.99 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

Sneaky Bears - $10.49 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/7

Sparc - $14.59 - 27% Off - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 8/7

Statik - $13.99 - 30% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/7

Stunt Kite Masters - $6.99 - 30% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

Time Machine VR - $20.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/7

Tiny Trax - $13.99 - 30% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/7

Virry VR: Wild Encounters - $13.99 - 30% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/7

VR Ping Pong - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 8/28

Waddle Home - $6.99 - 30% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

Weeping Doll - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

Werewolves Within - $14.99 - 25% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/7

bread's done
Back