Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally broke down and bought Beat Saber at full price. The first vr game to get me to do that. Watch it go on sale next week. Otherwise awesome game, got me sweating good. Already wishing we had more songs in it though.

Beat Saber has only had 2 songs come out since launch.  They said they had 3 10-packs in the works to be released soon so I'd expect one of them to come out in the near future.

I have a lot of fun trying to beat my high scores on expert and I still don't have S grade on all levels on expert yet nor full combos.  Full combos are going to be hard to get for all songs, if I can even do it.  I have S on like probably 12 songs on expert though.  There are only like 1 or 2 songs that I don't really like, but when playing them they are still fun.

Try out Firewall Zero Hour this weekend for free if you have PS+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql6KU1ZFRX4

Too bad you need PS+ to try it out.  If I could try it out and liked it, then maybe I would get PS+ again.

PlayStation VR Demo Disc 3 for Free.

Here’s what you get:
• ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission (JAPAN Studio)
• Battlezone (Rebellion)
• Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
• Job Simulator* (OWLCHEMY LABS)
• Moss (Polyarc)
• KITCHEN (Capcom CO., LTD.)
• SUPERHOT VR* (SUPERHOT Team)
• The Persistence (Firesprite)
• Thumper (Drool)

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA13490_00-PSVRDEMODISK0003

Here’s what you get:
• Battlezone (Rebellion)
• Moss (Polyarc)
• Thumper (Drool)

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA13490_00-PSVRDEMODISK0003
I have Thumper for the Switch. This will be a good chance to try it out in VR to see if it's worth buying twice. Thanks for the heads up

Here’s what you get:
• Battlezone (Rebellion)
• Moss (Polyarc)
• Thumper (Drool)

Astro Bot is very cool, really surprised me the cool ideas in this game.

Thumper is already on one of the demo discs, as are like half of those games.
There are only two games that aren't on one of the other demo discs - Astrobot and Superhot. I dunno if there's a difference in the demos between discs, but Battlezone, Thumper, and Job Simulator are back for the third time.

The Persistence has dropped to $21.97 at GameStop: https://www.gamestop.com/games/the-persistence/165220

I'll have to try out the demo and see if it's worth picking up.
My copy's still in shipping, but I was pretty much sold on 'VR game with roguelike elements' when I first played the Demo Disc 2 demo, which I'm pretty sure is older than the one mentioned a page or two back. Supposedly the newer one is a better showcase of the mechanics. I seem to recall having difficulty getting acclimated to head aiming, which may or may not be a dealbreaker, but overall the demo was competent enough to lead me to risk my ~$20 on it.

Should we delete demo #2 and snag #3 in its place to save space? I'm interested in checking out Superhot in VR but dont want to double up on demo collections.

QVC re-auth'd my PSVR bundle, still not getting my hopes up on ever getting a shipment though
I called up QVC yesterday when I noticed the bundle was back in stock. They were able to approve a new order with the same price of $89.96 after mine was canceled. After tax and shipping, it came out to about $115 and I just saw it was updated to shipped status!

Now to sell off my launch release headset.

I called up QVC yesterday when I noticed the bundle was back in stock. They were able to approve a new order with the same price of $89.96 after mine was canceled. After tax and shipping, it came out to about $115 and I just saw it was updated to shipped status!

Why would you sell your launch headset? You won't get very much for it and you'll want it as a back up in case your new one ever kicks the bucket.

Oh yea, I'm an idiot.  Even still, if it works, I'd keep it.  A lot of people have reported problems with their headset after a while and if he ever needs to get another one, he'll have to pay for something he already has.

The Flash Sale has some PSVR games on sale:

Ace Banana - $5.99 - 60% Off

Animal Force - $6.39 - 60% Off

Dying: Reborn - $3.99 - 60% Off

Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $9.99 - 60% Off

Firewall: Zero Hour - $19.99 - 50% Off

Heavy Fire: Red Shadow - PlayStation VR - $4.99 - 50% Off

Light Tracer - $5.99 - 60% Off

Oasis Games Horror VR Bundle - $7.99 - 60% Off

Oasis Games Shooter VR Bundle - $9.99 - 60% Off

Pixel Gear - $4.39 - 60% Off

Raw Data - $15.99 - 60% Off

Salary Man Escape - $6.39 - 60% Off

Weeping Doll - $3.99 - 60% Off

Three new releases today:

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Launch Edition - $59.99 - Includes AC5

Firewall Zero Hour Plus Free Weekend - Free

Hikaru Utada Laughter in the Dark Tour 2018: Hikari & Chikai VR - Free

Damn Raw Data for $16.  I might have to jump on that.  I remember finding the demo very fun but thought $40 was expensive for it.  $16 seems like the lowest I remember ever seeing it.

The new deal this week:

Guns’n’Stories: Bulletproof VR - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 2/6

New demos:

Eden Tomorrow
Despite how generic the store page looks, the demo for Eden Tomorrow was decent. Kind of like the ambition of Robinson: The Journey with the budget of the first Unearthing Mars. Supposedly it was released on the 17th, but it's not available to buy on the store yet. I'd probably pick it up for sub-$10.

Anyone have any thoughts on Guns N' Stories? Similar to Cold Iron or no?

I shouldn't complain about a free VR experience, but I can't believe this is 12GB. It's two songs performed in concert in 180° 3D -- not immersive VR. You get three camera angles; one medium length, one "close-up" (the preferred) and one from a distance with zoom ability. Hikaru is beautiful to watch though, and I love the concept of her singing only to you, but unfortunately the scale is off and she looks a little diminutive. However, when she gets off the stage and walks towards you during "Simple and Clean," I did tear up a little.

Just played the Raw Data demo again to see if I wanted to buy it before the sale was up.  It was pretty fun and the teleportation movement was actually pretty easy to use and get used to quickly.  I remember it was one of the first things I ever tried when I got my PSVR and it was weird to me, but now, even though I haven't played a teleportation game, it still felt really easy to do.

Graphics in that game are pretty damn bad though lol.  Jaggies galore.  But the game was fun and that's all that matters.

I can confirm mine is over too. Not sure if it only lets you launch it once or what.

I got in a couple of games yesterday. Not really my kind of thing. Multiplayer games are so damn repetitive. The entire novelty lies around using the Aim again. Time to put it back in storage.

Damn I had no clue that AC7 was only 3 levels in VR and not the whole game.  Yeah that is a hard pass for me.

I do have a japanese PSN account so I may check out the demo though.

EDIT:

Downloading the demo right now.

Jesus I couldn't play Ace Combat 7 in VR for more than like 20 seconds.  I got the VR sickness feeling almost immediately as soon as you take off and start to turn and shit.  fuck that.

Jesus I couldn't play Ace Combat 7 in VR for more than like 20 seconds. I got the VR sickness feeling almost immediately as soon as you take off and start to turn and shit. fuck that.
That was my experience with Dirt Rally VR. I got about 45 seconds of driving in before i had to quit.

That was my experience with Dirt Rally VR. I got about 45 seconds of driving in before i had to quit.
Yeah I've played through the feeling and know that it's a bad idea lol. So I just took it off and that was that.

I also feel like it had partially to do with how many jaggies that game has. Even when I was in the hangar just looking around, something felt a bit off and I think it was all of the jaggies.

Damn I had no clue that AC7 was only 3 levels in VR and not the whole game. Yeah that is a hard pass for me.

I do have a japanese PSN account so I may check out the demo though.

EDIT:

Downloading the demo right now.

Reminds me that I have one from getting Tekken Dark Resurrection (I think) when it was only available there. Time to dig up the password.

Yeah I've played through the feeling and know that it's a bad idea lol. So I just took it off and that was that.

I also feel like it had partially to do with how many jaggies that game has. Even when I was in the hangar just looking around, something felt a bit off and I think it was all of the jaggies.
I'm sure that was a bit of it. Also the fact that the framerates are all over the place and my body in the actual car just seemed to be randomly floating around and not moving with the bumps in the road. I might go back someday but i deleted it off my console the same day i bought it.

Played some Raw Data for the first time yesterday.  It's pretty fun and the accuracy of the guns was pretty damn good.  I enjoyed shooting the pistol by "holding" it like a real pistol and having my off hand up under the bottom of it.  I felt like I could get head shots pretty reliably that way.  The game definitely shows it's age and the graphics are very jaggie. 

And man playing a game like this makes me wish that there were some updated PS Move controllers with an analog stick on them.  Pressing the buttons to turn like 45 degrees or whatever works, but when moving quickly it's pretty easy to become a bit disoriented.  Like being able to just strafe by pushing an analog stick to the right or left would make this game a lot more enjoyable and easier to control.

Thank you so much for posting this. Due to your post I contacted them and my units have shipped out.

Played some Raw Data for the first time yesterday. It's pretty fun and the accuracy of the guns was pretty damn good. I enjoyed shooting the pistol by "holding" it like a real pistol and having my off hand up under the bottom of it. I felt like I could get head shots pretty reliably that way. The game definitely shows it's age and the graphics are very jaggie.

And man playing a game like this makes me wish that there were some updated PS Move controllers with an analog stick on them. Pressing the buttons to turn like 45 degrees or whatever works, but when moving quickly it's pretty easy to become a bit disoriented. Like being able to just strafe by pushing an analog stick to the right or left would make this game a lot more enjoyable and easier to control.
Also just played it, after taking off the headset I was drenched (it was pretty gross). :p but I really thought the game was a lot of fun.

I tried Rocket league thru the VR. its ok but yea definitely blurry on sides and top bottom unless u tilt and look directly at it. Resolution is eh. But Beat saber, that look niceee. dam I thought psvr Worlds would be free by now. Was curious to try ocean descent.

I tried Rocket league thru the VR. its ok but yea definitely blurry on sides and top bottom unless u tilt and look directly at it. Resolution is eh. But Beat saber, that look niceee. dam I thought psvr Worlds would be free by now. Was curious to try ocean descent.
Didn't know about Rocket League in VR! I guess it's only for PC for now? Any news about it coming to PSVR?

bread's done
Back