Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

Where is a good place to level up to fight the Steel and Ice Gym Leaders? I've got my ass handed to me by both. Probably doesn't help that my highest 3 are a Fearow, Raikou, and the Red Gyradose.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']i still haven't gotten the hang of the safari zone shifting. which section would you find lapras in? That seems like a good overall pokemon (Does electricity hurt it a lot or does the ice cancel the water?)[/QUOTE]

no you still take 2X damage from thunder, but better than Gyradose taking 4X

[quote name='craven_fiend']Where is a good place to level up to fight the Steel and Ice Gym Leaders? I've got my ass handed to me by both. Probably doesn't help that my highest 3 are a Fearow, Raikou, and the Red Gyradose.[/QUOTE]

Fearow is going to be raped by both gyms. You want a Fighting or Fire type. If you do, go to the Ice Path. Other than Zubats, everything is an Ice type and will probably be OHKO'd by a Fighting or Fire move.

[quote name='icedrake523']Fearow is going to be raped by both gyms. You want a Fighting or Fire type. If you do, go to the Ice Path. Other than Zubats, everything is an Ice type and will probably be OHKO'd by a Fighting or Fire move.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he definitely did get raped. I really need to power level one at a time and get them to a nice round about level. Or power level and babysit level. If only my Ditto was worthwhile, he'd be usable. Gained something like 22 or so levels in there.

Anyone have a flying pikachu they want to trade for a surfing one.

I caught 6 !! and one !!! and it all I got was one surfing one. I really want a flying one because no party member on my team can fly and I would switch out my other electric for him.

[quote name='62t']Why arent you using your starter? They have better base stat than anything you can catch at this point[/QUOTE]

I am using him her, Totodile. He's at 28ish or so. I'm trying to get him to 43 (Hydro Pump) and let him evolve

[quote name='craven_fiend']I am using him her, Totodile. He's at 28ish or so. I'm trying to get him to 43 (Hydro Pump) and let him evolve[/QUOTE]

Feraligatr is a physical sweeper, not a special sweeper. Its Hydro Pump is gonna suck... you want to be using Waterfall (which you don't have yet, I know) or... Ice Fang/Bite. Anything is better than Hydro Pump...

[quote name='craven_fiend']I am using him her, Totodile. He's at 28ish or so. I'm trying to get him to 43 (Hydro Pump) and let him evolve[/QUOTE]

Just evolve him now if you're having trouble beating the game. It evolves into feraligatr at 30. so two levels and you're there. Hydro Pump isn't ideal for him anyway, since his attack stat is higher than his special attack stat. Waterfall makes more sense. And you'll definitely want a high-leveled Feraligatr that knows Ice Fang for the battle against Lance.

Edit: actually, looking at Feraligatr's move list, aqua tail's slightly stronger than Waterfall, but less accurate. So you could keep it at a Totodile until level 36 to learn Aqua Tail and then let it evolve.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Just evolve him now if you're having trouble beating the game. It evolves into feraligatr at 30. so two levels and you're there. Hydro Pump isn't ideal for him anyway, since his attack stat is higher than his special attack stat. Waterfall makes more sense. And you'll definitely want a high-leveled Feraligatr that knows Ice Fang for the battle against Lance.

Edit: actually, looking at Feraligatr's move list, aqua tail's slightly stronger than Waterfall, but less accurate. So you could keep it at a Totodile until level 36 to learn Aqua Tail and then let it evolve.[/QUOTE]

Totodile learns Aqua Tail at level 41 in HGSS. But other than that, no reason to keep it that low to learn Hydro Pump, a move not ideal when you can use Surf or Waterfall.

It would be worth keeping till level 43 for Superpower but you can always just teach it Brick Break if you need a Fighting move.

OMG Serious question :D

" Is there a way to cut your mom's fucking throat and shove her phone up her ass on this game , for one thing who in the hell buys there son a damn chesto berry ? "

" She needs to stop being such a cheapass and buy me a damn Master Ball or something , or atleast a TM or two "

Thats all just wanted to get my anger out :D

Haha just stop having her send you money.
She does give some useful stuff.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/savings.shtml

For whoever was looking for Lapras, tomorrow night head to the Union Cave and you can find Lapras there. Hes in the water and you'll see him so you don't have to hunt for him like in the Safari Zone. Though you will need Surf.

Location-http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/interactable.shtml
Stats-http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/131.shtml

Hes my choice and he help me sweep Claire and Lance.
Helps if you teach him Thunderbolt too.

Currently in the GTS.
Just traded a Chikorita for Eevee to trade for a female Combee.
Sweet. Will try some more trading and will update.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Just evolve him now if you're having trouble beating the game. It evolves into feraligatr at 30. so two levels and you're there. Hydro Pump isn't ideal for him anyway, since his attack stat is higher than his special attack stat. Waterfall makes more sense. And you'll definitely want a high-leveled Feraligatr that knows Ice Fang for the battle against Lance.

Edit: actually, looking at Feraligatr's move list, aqua tail's slightly stronger than Waterfall, but less accurate. So you could keep it at a Totodile until level 36 to learn Aqua Tail and then let it evolve.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='icedrake523']Totodile learns Aqua Tail at level 41 in HGSS. But other than that, no reason to keep it that low to learn Hydro Pump, a move not ideal when you can use Surf or Waterfall.

It would be worth keeping till level 43 for Superpower but you can always just teach it Brick Break if you need a Fighting move.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I'll look at the moves list and decide. I believe I have Ice Fang, not 100% though. I just know I need to work on a solid party and stop walking around with eggs when going to the Gym.

[quote name='snakelda']I'm right in front of LUgia and if I keep soft reseting,will I eventually get a shiny one?[/QUOTE]

I believe so. as long as it's the first time you've encountered it. The odds of it being a shiny are incredibly low, though.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I believe so. as long as it's the first time you've encountered it. The odds of it being a shiny are incredibly low, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,I've been trying for around 40 mintues and I keep getting the normal one...

[quote name='snakelda']Thanks,I've been trying for around 40 mintues and I keep getting the normal one...[/QUOTE]

you know the odds of seeing a shinny is 1/8192 right?

So I just beat the elite four for the second time. Fairly underleveled to face lance, but I beat him. An odd ending, though. When he got down to his final pokemon(Altaria), he used Perish Song. :lol:

[quote name='utopianmachine']The next wallpaper has been revealed of a Kimono Girl. Head on over to Violet City and tell Primo at the Pokémon Center: EVERYONE ANGER, then GHOST TRUANT.[/QUOTE]

hmm, didn't work. Do I have to go somewhere after doing that to get it?

[quote name='Kaoz']hmm, didn't work. Do I have to go somewhere after doing that to get it?[/QUOTE]

http://www.filb.de/games/tools/aikotoba

I forgot: the phrase is probably different for everyone. It appears to be generated by your trainer ID. Simply look up your trainer ID, type it in the box, and you'll see the codes you need to enter to get all the wallpapers and eggs.

[quote name='utopianmachine']http://www.filb.de/games/tools/aikotoba

I forgot: the phrase is probably different for everyone. It appears to be generated by your trainer ID. Simply look up your trainer ID, type it in the box, and you'll see the codes you need to enter to get all the wallpapers and eggs.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. I saw that generator and never bothered to plug my code in, will do that now.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Finally got something from the GTS for my Totodile. A Bulbasaur.[/QUOTE]

For my Totodiles, I've been asking for things that are annoying to get, like Poliwrath and Ninetails. Just making someone else do the dirty work for me. I'm really just trying to fill my Pokédex.

Finally finished my Event Pichu SR Project!
The IV Judge said it had Outstanding Potential (IV avg of 25+).
Attack and Defense are flawless, but not speed.

Anybody else here who likes "wasting" weeks and weeks of SRing for a good Natured/IVed Pokemon here besides me?
Funny thing is I've never battled competitively before, and I don't think I will in the near future. I just like collecting strong Legendary/Event/Unique Pokemon.

My finished Pichu project is the last Event Poke I needed to SR for in Platinum.
Now I gotta SR for my 3 Events in Diamond (which will probably take a few weeks at least!).
Does anyone know where the IV judge in Diamond is?

[quote name='utopianmachine']For my Totodiles, I've been asking for things that are annoying to get, like Poliwrath and Ninetails. Just making someone else do the dirty work for me. I'm really just trying to fill my Pokédex.[/QUOTE]

I need to open up my Dex more. But I am about to throw another one out for Ninetails. What does it take to get Poliwrath and Politoed? I can't tell what the symbols mean on serebii.net

[quote name='craven_fiend']I need to open up my Dex more. But I am about to throw another one out for Ninetails. What does it take to get Poliwrath and Politoed? I can't tell what the symbols mean on serebii.net[/QUOTE]

Poliwrath = waterstone
Politoad = Traded while holding king stone/rock (not sure which it is called offhand)

[quote name='Kaoz']Poliwrath = waterstone
Politoad = Traded while holding king stone/rock (not sure which it is called offhand)[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Not that I'm at that point or not, but just wanted to keep an eye out there for what I need when I get there.

On that note, got a Moonstone and Sunstone yesterday. Pretty sure Sunstone came from Bug Catching and Moonstone from mother or some random thing.

[quote name='adriley313']Hey Uto, do you want that Feebas now.
What else do you need that I can help out with?[/QUOTE]

I'll be around for the next couple hours to trade, if you are. What was it you needed again? I've been swapping a lot of Pokémon around on the GTS, so I hope I haven't traded what you need. If you have a spare Gible, that'd be cool.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Now I gotta SR for my 3 Events in Diamond (which will probably take a few weeks at least!).[/QUOTE]

I just can't imagine playing like this.

[quote name='Kaoz']Politoad = Traded while holding king stone/rock (not sure which it is called offhand)[/QUOTE]

You were right/close. Politoed evolves with the King's Rock.

GUESS WHO HAS A SHINY SWINUB!

So I was thinking about getting a Swinub from the GTS to train up to add to my party. As I'm searching, looking for someone who might have named theirs something cute, I suddenly see a Shiny Swinub, and all they want is a level 30+ male Swampert. I found someone who only wanted a Chikorita level 10+ for it, so I logged out, leveled up one of my baby Chikoritas, logged back in, traded for the Swampert -- then dashed over and got the Shiny Swinub.

Shiny Mamoswine, here I come! :D

[quote name='utopianmachine']

I just can't imagine playing like this.

[/QUOTE]

I hate the process.
Sometimes I'll get tired of the process, and not pick up the game for a few weeks and play Etrian Odyssey or something.
But I love reaping the rewards.
I just like strong Pokemon that can perform on a competitive level.
But I don't use them. :drool: I just like collecting them.

Your so lucky.
I never see any shiny pokemon on there, not for a lack of trying.

I have Feebas but no Gible yet. Still working on that.

I need Roselia
Electabuzz
Rhydon

Anything else you need. I have bunches and doubles.

Checking out the GTS now.
Got a Female combee lat night and just traded an extra Yanma for an Absol.
Traded a Rattata for Houndour to get a Pineco.
Traded a Cyndaquil for a Jynx
Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']I hate the process.
Sometimes I'll get tired of the process, and not pick up the game for a few weeks and play Etrian Odyssey or something.
But I love reaping the rewards.
I just like strong Pokemon that can perform on a competitive level.
But I don't use them. :drool: I just like collecting them.[/QUOTE]

So many ways to play Pokémon. Glad you found a way that makes you happy. ;)

[quote name='adriley313']Your so lucky.
I never see any shiny pokemon on there, not for a lack of trying.

I have Feebas but no Gible yet. Still working on that.

I need Roselia
Electabuzz
Rhydon

Anything else you need. I have bunches and doubles.[/QUOTE]

I'm always looking for Shinies. I just scan through pages and pages, just looking at the pics of the Pokémon. I see a good number of Shinies, but typically they want crazy things, like Mews and such.

Out of that list, I do have Electabuzz. We can just do a straight swap for the Feebas, if you like. I think I have a Gible in my Platinum. I was thinking of taking my Platinum game to a friend's house tonight to transfer some Pokémon from that game to SoulSilver anyway.

[quote name='adriley313']Scroll to the bottom and doesnt this piss you off that the JPNese people get these sweet pokemon and we dont.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml[/QUOTE]

Well, perhaps the Japanese GTS will be flooded with these goodies and we can get them?

[quote name='adriley313']Checking out the GTS now.
Got a Female combee lat night and just traded an extra Yanma for an Absol.
Traded a Rattata for Houndour to get a Pineco.
Traded a Cyndaquil for a Jynx
Sweet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I traded and got a Jynx this morning too. The person who sent it to me had named theirs Halle. ;)

I need Houndour too. I've got a Totodile on the GTS for a Ninetails right now. After that trade is done, I'm going to ask for a Houndour.

I'd like an Absol at some point, but only really because I watched the Pokémon movie Jirachi: Wish-Maker last night. :bouncy:

Anyone up for helping me out later tonight? I want to at least evolve 2 of my Pokemon. Machoke and Kadabra. Won't be until 11ish ET.

Edit: And depending on time, I'd just like to get things added to my Dex that are SS exclusive so I can hunt them down in GTS.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Anyone up for helping me out later tonight? I want to at least evolve 2 of my Pokemon. Machoke and Kadabra. Won't be until 11ish ET.[/QUOTE]

I could so help you now, if you're available. Tonight is a nopey for me.

Yes id trade an extra pokemon I have for a super legendary dog with those sweet moves.
I love Raikou but never thought he had the best move pool.

I did just see Teddiursa but they wanted a Darkrai. No Go.

Ok Let me hop in and trade.
Seems more people want a Female pokemon since it passes on moves.
Also can you help me evolve my Egg MagMar. Just had to make sure he doesnt lose Flame Body.

Hey do you need any legends on your pokedex. I have bunch and we can trade and trade back to help your pokedex.

Siren it is.

Ill be around tonite to help you out as i live in Montana so ill be up.
I need them on my Pokedex and way.

[quote name='adriley313']Ok Let me hop in and trade.
Seems more people want a Female pokemon since it passes on moves.
Also can you help me evolve my Egg MagMar. Just had to make sure he doesnt lose Flame Body.

Hey do you need any legends on your pokedex. I have bunch and we can trade and trade back to help your pokedex.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to hold a Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai, you have those.

I can help you evolve your Magmar.

I'll meet you online in just a five minutes.

[quote name='adriley313']Ok
Do you want a Houndoom for free.
I have a spare since I have the shiny one.[/QUOTE]

You so spoil me. :bouncy:

I'd love it! It can stay unnamed. I won't be using it.

bread's done
Back