Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

[quote name='adriley313']No.
You kept cancelling the trade.
Then my wifi cut out.
Im back in[/QUOTE]

Lol, it said you were cancelling the game. It's deceitful. :lol:

Heading back online.

[quote name='adriley313']Heres the info for Feebas. Good luck with it.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/daisyoak.shtml

I hope in B/W they have a way to look at the Pokemon at the GTS.
Like stats, moves, ability and that stuff. So if Im looking for a Aron with Rock Head I will know if I get him.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks for that. I'll start working on my future Milotic.

When do you get the National Pokédex? When you beat the Elite Four? If so, I need to stop goofing off and get there.

[quote name='adriley313']I hope in B/W they have a way to look at the Pokemon at the GTS.
Like stats, moves, ability and that stuff. So if Im looking for a Aron with Rock Head I will know if I get him.[/QUOTE]

I like your suggestion for B/W. While it doesn't really matter for me, I know it matters to a ton of players, so I could see it as a benefit.

Personally, I wish they would implement a system where you could find people that want the Pokémon you have.

[quote name='adriley313']Scroll to the bottom and doesnt this piss you off that the JPNese people get these sweet pokemon and we dont.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml[/QUOTE]

I can't wait for Celebi and Mew Events.
I'm pretty sure they're eventually going to release them in the US.

I went to the 10th Anniversary Pokemon Celebration Event a few years ago, and I passed up Celebi for Flying Pikachu!
Two Pokemon were supposed to be distributed but due to the huge, huge amount of people, it became just one. :bomb:

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']I can't wait for Celebi and Mew Events.

I went to the 10th Anniversary Pokemon Celebration Event a few years ago, and I passed up Celebi for Flying Pikachu!
Two Pokemon were supposed to be distributed but due to the huge, huge amount of people, it became just one. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'd love to go to a big Pokémon party. My husband and I were talking about going as Team Rocket for Halloween this year. Easy costumes. I'd get to spray my hair pink too. :D

So you picked a Flying Pikachu over a Celebi? Man, and then stuff like the Pokéwalker comes out to ruin it...

Speaking of Flying Pikachu, in the original GB games, didn't the Flying Pikachu have, like, balloons or something? Or am I crazy?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Oh, I'd love to go to a big Pokémon party. My husband and I were talking about going as Team Rocket for Halloween this year. Easy costumes. I'd get to spray my hair pink too. :D

So you picked a Flying Pikachu over a Celebi? Man, and then stuff like the Pokéwalker comes out to ruin it...

Speaking of Flying Pikachu, in the original GB games, didn't the Flying Pikachu have, like, balloons or something? Or am I crazy?[/QUOTE]

you are thinking of pokemon card game, in which flying Pikachu does have ballon

[quote name='adriley313']Yes after you beat the Elite four.
I think Yellow had the Syrfing Pikachu game south of Fushcia City[/QUOTE]

Ugh. So much to do. Pokémon just has waaaay too many things to distract me from the primary goals.

Went to battle with my new Shiny Mamoswine...

SSPX0015.jpg

Why on earth can you only see it from its eyes up? :bomb:

Ugh the pokewalker hates me. In four days in a row of getting 10k steps I only get fucking surfing pikachu. :bomb:

One thing with the GTS is I wish you could choose an earlier evolution of a pokemon if you seen a later one. For example I would love to trade for a squirtle or charmander using the GTS but I have only seen their evolutions in the pokedex and people are asking for crazy stuff for the evolutions.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ugh the pokewalker hates me. In four days in a row of getting 10k steps I only get fucking surfing pikachu. :bomb:

One thing with the GTS is I wish you could choose an earlier evolution of a pokemon if you seen a later one. For example I would love to trade for a squirtle or charmander using the GTS but I have only seen their evolutions in the pokedex and people are asking for crazy stuff for the evolutions.[/QUOTE]

Are you going for fly? I have an extra flying pikachu I'd trade for the surfing one (or something else possibly).

LMK.

Sir_Frag if you wanna trade I have Charmander and a bunch of other starters. No Squirtle. if you wanna trade.
Do you have HG as i need a few Pokemon on there and in general.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Gravity is not it's friend.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='adriley313']Haha[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so gay.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']For example I would love to trade for a squirtle or charmander using the GTS but I have only seen their evolutions in the pokedex and people are asking for crazy stuff for the evolutions.[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy to give you both. Maybe if you're around after 12 EST we can meet up.

[quote name='mcelfour']Are you going for fly? I have an extra flying pikachu I'd trade for the surfing one (or something else possibly).

LMK.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am looking for a flying one, if you want a surfing one, I got like 3 in my box.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']I can't wait for Celebi and Mew Events.

Two Pokemon were supposed to be distributed but due to the huge, huge amount of people, it became just one. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The week before the game came out, Gamestop had a Celebi pokemon gift... I hope they have another, so you can get one.

I have that one but i traded for it.

YA ME

I got 2 Shiny Eevee and a Gastly.
Now time to make a Shiny Umbreon and Espeon.
Ya me

Check out Friendcodes.com for Chat Rooms.
Just got my shinys their. One guy gave me a free shiny Eevee and Gastly.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but I'd bet any shineys traded on GTS are hacked. I received a few shiney pokemon through the GTS on Pearl and the people never wanted anything that couldn't just be bred.

Im pretty good at spotting a fake.
Also remember that in DPP it is easier to find a shiny pokemon due to chaining.
Thats why there are so many floating around now.

I can spot a fake as i have some myself.
Check the origin of the pokemon and the level it was found. If the location is not where this pokemon is found normally then it is hacked . Heres what my three say i just got.

Eevee- Trophy Garden at Lv 22
Eevee- Egg
Gastly-Old Chateau at Lv 17

And note some ppl can care less whether its hacked or not as they just collect and dont compete and just like how they look.

My shiny countb is now 9

[quote name='adriley313']I have that one but i traded for it.

YA ME

I got 2 Shiny Eevee and a Gastly.
Now time to make a Shiny Umbreon and Espeon.
Ya me

Check out Friendcodes.com for Chat Rooms.
Just got my shinys their. One guy gave me a free shiny Eevee and Gastly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Filbert']Not to rain on anyone's parade but I'd bet any shineys traded on GTS are hacked. I received a few shiney pokemon through the GTS on Pearl and the people never wanted anything that couldn't just be bred.[/QUOTE]

Filbert is likely right, not that I really mind. As I don't play competitively, I don't really care where my Pokémon come from, although I do enjoy the thrill of finding Shinies on the GTS. The Pokémon haven't looked hacked. That is, they're showing they're coming from the right place at the right level, but I can't really tell beyond that.

[quote name='adriley313']Im pretty good at spotting a fake.
Also remember that in DPP it is easier to find a shiny pokemon due to chaining.
Thats why there are so many floating around now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Shiny Swinub I got earlier today had been traded from Platinum. When I play Platinum again, I'll probably try the chaining thing.

[quote name='Filbert']Not to rain on anyone's parade but I'd bet any shineys traded on GTS are hacked. I received a few shiney pokemon through the GTS on Pearl and the people never wanted anything that couldn't just be bred.[/QUOTE]
I could imagine most are like that. Back in the day of pokemon red, I used game genie and all it took was one code to get whatever pokemon I wanted, and with an infinite masterball code it was simple. Although I paid the price because my saved game got deteled after using game genie enough :lol:.

Now I could still imagine a small few are real people looking to get something rare or don't care about color but it is probably true most are hacked.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Now I could still imagine a small few are real people looking to get something rare or don't care about color but it is probably true most are hacked.[/QUOTE]

When I played Pokémon Platinum, I went on eBay, and for like $2, I got to pick six Pokémon of any kind, Shiny or not, any level, name them, and pick items to come with them.

Let's just say I ended up with a Mewtwo, Shiny Ditto (thinking somehow that by breeding with it I might get Shinies easier), Rayquaza, and some commons ones.

Hacked? You bet. Mewtwo encountered at level 1? Riiiiight.

Time to go searching for some Legends.
Groudon, Entei, Latios here I come.

Am I lazy if I dont wanna go hunting in caves for pokemon.
My least favorite pokemon thing is cave crawling. I hate getting lost.

Quick question about the Flying/Surfing Pikachus you can get on the Pokewalker...

Do they should up on there any different looking than the regular Pikachus? Like, can you tell (before catching) which variant they are? All I've caught so far from there is regular Pikas.

[quote name='adriley313']Am I lazy if I dont wanna go hunting in caves for pokemon.
My least favorite pokemon thing is cave crawling. I hate getting lost.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I hate Surfing. You just see the same handful of Pokémon over and over again.

[quote name='Rig']Quick question about the Flying/Surfing Pikachus you can get on the Pokewalker...

Do they should up on there any different looking than the regular Pikachus? Like, can you tell (before catching) which variant they are? All I've caught so far from there is regular Pikas.[/QUOTE]

No, you can't tell what the Pikachus are before you send them to the Pokéwalker. Unless you catch a !! or !!! Pikachu, you probably don't have a chance of getting a Surfing or Flying one. They're just crazy rare.

[quote name='adriley313']Time to go searching for some Legends.
Groudon, Entei, Latios here I come.

Am I lazy if I dont wanna go hunting in caves for pokemon.
My least favorite pokemon thing is cave crawling. I hate getting lost.[/QUOTE]

i have an entei i dont really want.
but i dont know what i want for it though.
so if you run into it dont waste a masterball on it or like 200 ultra balls

[quote name='Killer Calvin']i have an entei i dont really want.
but i dont know what i want for it though.
so if you run into it dont waste a masterball on it or like 200 ultra balls[/QUOTE]

Heh, Entei was a breeze. I had him paralyzed and still at about 60% health, and I simply threw a Fast Ball at the next encounter, right at the beginning of the battle. Snagged him. :D

Double exclamation mark means that the wild Pikachu will be at least a Flail/Volt Tackle Pikachu; triple exclamation mark guarantees that it's a Flying/Surfing Pikachu. But unless you've taken 7,500 steps today you won't get any Flying/Surfing Pikachus.

I've been in the Pokéwalker course Beyond the Sea for three days now trying to catch an Octillary. Yesterday I actually got to throw a Pokéball at it, but it escaped. Each day I've had 11,000+ steps, yet I've only seen a total of 3 Octillaries, and none today.

Sooo annoying.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Yeah, the Shiny Swinub I got earlier today had been traded from Platinum. When I play Platinum again, I'll probably try the chaining thing.[/QUOTE]

I think there's an easier way to get shinies in Platinum that exploits the games RNG(Random Number Generator). I have Emerald and I can start exploiting that as soon as I find out my secret ID #.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I've been in the Pokéwalker course Beyond the Sea for three days now trying to catch an Octillary. Yesterday I actually got to throw a Pokéball at it, but it escaped. Each day I've had 11,000+ steps, yet I've only seen a total of 3 Octillaries, and none today.

Sooo annoying.[/QUOTE]

Is there anything special about the pokewalker version? Aren't they available on Rt. 44

[quote name='Kaoz']Is there anything special about the pokewalker version? Aren't they available on Rt. 44[/QUOTE]

My player's guide and Serebii don't say anything about it. Either you evolve Remoraid or catch it in the Pokéwalker. I may end up just evolving Remoraid. I hate wasting time and watts, especially since I don't want Octillary to battle with or anything.

I saw a Mew on the GTS last night that the owner only wanted a Venusaur for. When I switched to search for one then switched back, the Mew was gone. Figures.

haha, awesome. first time I've used the GTS. Got a level 55 Dragonite for a newly hatched Turtwig. Was never fond of raising up dratini's. I'll slip this bad boy into my party and start training him for the battle with Red. Last significant battle for me to fight, then I'll probably look to catch the remaining legendaries in the game.

[quote name='doodofdoods']haha, awesome. first time I've used the GTS. Got a level 55 Dragonite for a newly hatched Turtwig. Was never fond of raising up dratini's. I'll slip this bad boy into my party and start training him for the battle with Red. Last significant battle for me to fight, then I'll probably look to catch the remaining legendaries in the game.[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice. That's quite the find! I'm currently raising up my Dragonair to get Dragonite. Soooo much work. :cold:

[quote name='Filbert']Double exclamation mark means that the wild Pikachu will be at least a Flail/Volt Tackle Pikachu; triple exclamation mark guarantees that it's a Flying/Surfing Pikachu. But unless you've taken 7,500 steps today you won't get any Flying/Surfing Pikachus.[/QUOTE]

As an addendum the time of day will matter. For example, I carried around my pokewalker all day yesterday and was at 15,000+ steps. Started trying to catch a little before midnight and wouldn't you know it right away when 12am hit on the pokewalker's internal clock, I stopped getting anything more than one "!". GAH! I still have so many Watts from the 2 previous days. Looks like I just have to not be lazy today I guess...

I know what you mean about raising Dragonite.
It took me a long time many E4 battles and such.
Same thing with Metagross, Salamance and Tyranitar.
But they can be worth it at the end.

If anyone has HG that they wouldnt mind lending me Kyogre so I can get Rayquaza,then I would be happy to lend my Groudon. It would have to be someone with HG.

You have to have Beaten the Elite Four, Red, and gotten starters from Oak.

I'm painfully grinding Growlithe up to level 48, so it'll learn it's final move, then I'll use the Fire Stone on it. I found a good patch of grass near Blackthorn that mostly has grass Pokémon, so it's all one-hit knockouts, with Growlithe earning boosted 400-800 experience points at each faint. Still slow though...

By the way you can change your Pokemon Avatar in Violet City Pokemon center.
Go to the guy near the top of the stairs. I think everyone has a set number on things it can be. Im the Psychic.

[quote name='adriley313']By the way you can change your Pokemon Avatar in Violet City Pokemon center.
Go to the guy near the top of the stairs. I think everyone has a set number on things it can be. Im the Psychic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after picking Socialite, which looks like an old lady, I went and changed it to Beauty or something. I'd rather at least look like a girl in a dress than some old lady.

bread's done
Back