Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

That's cool. I've got a crap load of watts to use

Got a hacked Venusaur off of the GTS today. probably going to release it, but not before I get it to make me some bastard children.

[quote name='doodofdoods']That's cool. I've got a crap load of watts to use

Got a hacked Venusaur off of the GTS today. probably going to release it, but not before I get it to make me some bastard children.[/QUOTE]

What about it is hacked?

[quote name='paulcalypse']I lost my pokewalker back on Easter weekend. Today I found it in the dress pants I had been wearing then, haha. Anyway, I transferred the one Pikachu I had caught on it, and to my surprise it knows Surf! Wow. I think its the 20th one I caught from Yellow Forest. Let me say I am VERY glad I found the pokewalker, haha.[/QUOTE]

Nice find. I lost my Pokéwalker for a few days too, and I was really sad it was missing. I just love what it adds to the gameplay.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Got a hacked Venusaur off of the GTS today. probably going to release it, but not before I get it to make me some bastard children.[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh. :lol:

[quote name='icedrake523']What about it is hacked?[/QUOTE]

You can usually tell if a Pokémon is hacked if it was found in a place it shouldn't have been found, or if it was encountered at an impossible level for it. Like, if it shows that it was encountered at level 1 as a Venusaur. Crazy.

[quote name='utopianmachine']You can usually tell if a Pokémon is hacked if it was found in a place it shouldn't have been found, or if it was encountered at an impossible level for it. Like, if it shows that it was encountered at level 1 as a Venusaur. Crazy.[/QUOTE]

I know ways it can be hacked. I'm curious as to what it is with this one.

Haha, 80 is when i beat the E4 for the second time.
Uto are u gonna be online.
We can trade. Do you need any pokemon for your pokedex?
Legends?

I can help you now, Adriley. I still want Deoxys... But if we're just talking about Soulsilver/HeartGold, it'd be nice to hold a Hitmontop. I need Kyogre and Groudon, definitely.

Either way, you'll be helping my Pokédex with just the transfer-evolves.

[quote name='utopianmachine']95 hours in, and I just got the 8th gym badge.

I love this game. :D[/QUOTE]

wow...did you get the 8th gym badge in kanto? or 8th in general?

i'm almost 48 hours in and i'm just grinding on the elite 4 :p

I beat the Kimono Girls on my first try today. All my Pokémon fainted except my last, and I used several Moomoo Milks and two Max Revives. That was a tough battle. :D

[quote name='supermodestmouse']wow...did you get the 8th gym badge in kanto? or 8th in general?

i'm almost 48 hours in and i'm just grinding on the elite 4 :p[/QUOTE]

The 8th Badge in Jhoto. I tend to take Pokémon games waaaay slow. I just love them to death and savor the experience, catching everything.

[quote name='utopianmachine']The 8th Badge in Jhoto. I tend to take Pokémon games waaaay slow. I just love them to death and savor the experience, catching everything.[/QUOTE]

yeah...i really enjoy the games too, but i'm not focusing too hard on trying to find them all as i only get certain times during the day to play (mostly at night) so a lot of the guys i'd see during the day usually aren't there :(

your team must be pretty strong eh?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']fuck latias, I just used 15 dusk balls and 5 ultra balls while it was asleep and in red health and still didn't catch it. :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

After trying for 30mins to see him, I used 50 ultra balls while he was red and paralyzed and still nothing.

Then on the next try it only took one dusk ball...

[quote name='adriley313']I'm at 260 pokemon and going strong
thx for the help uto
maybe 2moro u can help me import some more pokemon including Deoxys.[/QUOTE]

That'd be cool. I'd love Deoxys in my Pokedex. Got a spare Mew from the GTS this morning, and maybe I can post on the GTS for a Deoxys, once it's in my Pokedex.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']yeah...i really enjoy the games too, but i'm not focusing too hard on trying to find them all as i only get certain times during the day to play (mostly at night) so a lot of the guys i'd see during the day usually aren't there :(

your team must be pretty strong eh?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if your time is more limited, probably better to focus on the storyline/goals.

My team isn't super hot. They're all only about level 40. I've spent a lot of time searching the GTS for Shinies and Pokémon I needed for my Pokédex. Also, I've helped a good number of CAGs transfer Pokémon and evolve them. So my time is bit inflated from just playing the game.

[quote name='adriley313']What did u trade to get Mew?[/QUOTE]

Just a female Totodile. :D

[quote name='adriley313']Are u gonna be on for longer.
We can trade now.
Let me know uto[/QUOTE]

What were we trading? I must have forgotten.

[quote name='adriley313']Just bring 6 spare pokemon
so u can help me import my pokemon from platinum to ss
they will help ur pokedex[/QUOTE]

Okay. Meet you online in a minute.

Question, how are you guys able to trade for pokemon like mew through the GTS? I can't search for pokemon like that because I have not seen them I guess and I would like to be able to.

[quote name='icedrake523']What about it is hacked?[/QUOTE]

It was caught on route 204 at level 4 with a master ball, so it looks like they used an AR cheat to catch it in the wild. Stats look normal, so I don't think it's children will have any benefits from coming from a hacked pokemon's seed.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Question, how are you guys able to trade for pokemon like mew through the GTS? I can't search for pokemon like that because I have not seen them I guess and I would like to be able to.[/QUOTE]

I already had one in Platinum that I transferred over to SoulSilver.

If you battle with someone online that has Mew, it'll register in your Pokédex. Or if someone trades it to you.

Sir frag- If u want I can help ur pokedex
just tell me what 6 pokemon u want on ur pokedex
and 2moro I'll trade u 6 and then we'll trade back

[quote name='adriley313']Thx Uto, hope I helped ur pokedex
I'll let u know when I get mote for u
What did u trade to get the extra Mew.[/QUOTE]

Simply traded a female Totodile. :D

Thanks for letting me hold those Pokémon, adriley. I'm done for tonight. About to do some dishes then hit the hay. See you Pokémon Masters tomorrow. ;)

Oh, traded my spare Mew for a Darkrai. Now have my extra Jirachi up, trying to get Deoxys. After that, I guess I'll use my last spare Mew to try to get Shaymin. Then I'll have no more spares and have to hope I get lucky getting extras from the GTS.

Any cheapy pokemon players online tonight? I'm clearing out my PC boxes. Rather than releasing them I'm giving them away. I promise it's not magikarps.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Any cheapy pokemon players online tonight? I'm clearing out my PC boxes. Rather than releasing them I'm giving them away. I promise it's not magikarps.[/QUOTE]

I'll take some.

I had a dream the other day I was going after a shiny Entei and threw a masterball at it, but it broke out of it.

since then I've seen 3 shiny Entei on the GTS.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I had a dream the other day I was going after a shiny Entei and threw a masterball at it, but it broke out of it.

since then I've seen 3 shiny Entei on the GTS.[/QUOTE]

Lol, definitely means it's time to put the Pokémon down and go outside. ;)

[quote name='utopianmachine']Lol, definitely means it's time to put the Pokémon down and go outside. ;)[/QUOTE]

Outside? What is this outside you speak of? Can I catch it? I have a masterball.

Kaoz- lol i needed that. Its ashamed that I bet some kids think.
Its starting to warm up in Montana and im tending to spend more time outside.

I feel you doodo, i was playing Civil Revelation and had dreams of ruling the world with my warriors.

Anyone want to help me evolve my Kadabra and add some hard to find (and Soul Silver exclusives) Pokemon to my Pokedex?

I'm also thinking about picking up an older game or 2. Obviously I need to get Platinum or Pearl, but outside of that, any recommendations on the GBA ones?

[quote name='craven_fiend']

I'm also thinking about picking up an older game or 2. Obviously I need to get Platinum or Pearl, but outside of that, any recommendations on the GBA ones?[/QUOTE]

I have LeafGreen, Ruby Red, and Emerald.
I think Emerald would be good; you can get both Groudon and Kyogre in that game. Plus you can take advantage of the RNG glitch if you're interested.
I personally like LeafGreen since I prefer the old (Kanto?) starters.

On another note, I finished SRing for my Event Pichu and Arceus. It was a lot quicker than I thought! I was expecting maybe a few weeks to finish 2 SR projects. I guess I was lucky.
While waiting for new Event Pokemon, I'm starting my Adamant Bellyzard Breeding Project.
I really want a shiny Charizard; I don't think it'll happen though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get platinum and for gba get Emerald and either Fire Red or Leaf green
I'll help ur pokedex if ur around later
rockin the ps3 now, sacred 2.

Thanks for the recommends. Looks like I'll get Emerald and Platinum for sure. What's the glitch you speak of in Emerald?

Alright, thanks adriley. Not sure when, but I'll be around sporadically, taking care of the wife (wisdom tooth removed today).

[quote name='craven_fiend']Thanks for the recommends. Looks like I'll get Emerald and Platinum for sure. What's the glitch you speak of in Emerald?
[/QUOTE]

The game's random number generator was cracked which made it possible to obtain the Nature and IV's you want.
If you wanted an Adamant Gyarados with an IV spread of X/X/X/X/X/X, it was possible to obtain that by manipulating the RNG.
You can find out more on here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50696
I played around with the RNG glitch for a little, but it made the game less fun for me.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Thanks for the recommends. Looks like I'll get Emerald and Platinum for sure. What's the glitch you speak of in Emerald?

Alright, thanks adriley. Not sure when, but I'll be around sporadically, taking care of the wife (wisdom tooth removed today).[/QUOTE]

*cough* Platinum is a good choice *cough*

bread's done
Back