Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

Stupid Question here, is there a way to just do battles with random people all around the world? Or is it friends only? I would like to battle random people if possible.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Stupid Question here, is there a way to just do battles with random people all around the world? Or is it friends only? I would like to battle random people if possible.[/QUOTE]

What are you crazy? The internet is full of pedo's. Friend codes are here to protect you!

I don't think theres a way to battle randomly.

I think there's a Wii game you can get and import pokes into it and random battle.

Dont know Frag Try Friendcodes.com a lot people ofn there like to battle.
Most of them are EV trained though.
, if u need help with ur pokdex, let me know
ill be around most of today.

Is it wrong if I reset my clock so I can rebattle the trainers so I can log their pokemon on my pokedex?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Just spent a while trying to catch Raikou. Stupid fleeing dog.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually trying to get the other one. Stupid thing never stays where it shows for long enough to get there.

Clair is a spoiled, bratty, little girl. But I did get my Extremespeed Dratini

I think I'm going to pick up this game to play on my sister's DS soon. My GBA has been getting A LOT of use lately from me going through Silver again.

[quote name='adriley313']Craven- The way you catch a Roaming Pokemon is not to go to them but let them come to you. Everytime you fly or change route so does he. Making it hard to find him.

Follow these steps to make it easier.
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/legends.shtml[/QUOTE]

Thanks. What gets me is it's asleep and still ran off in every fight. Will have to walk, though it still seems to run to another area when I do that.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Thanks. What gets me is it's asleep and still ran off in every fight. Will have to walk, though it still seems to run to another area when I do that.[/QUOTE]

Get a Golbat or Gengar with Mean Look and get them to level 40. Go to an area and stand on the border between a route. Go back and forth on the border (their location changes each time you cross the border). When they're in the same area as you, use a Repel and go into grass. You should encounter them. Use Mean Look and then attack. However, if you switch Pokemon, Mean Look won't work and they'll flee.

[quote name='icedrake523']Go to an area and stand on the border between a route. Go back and forth on the border (their location changes each time you cross the border).[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot. This tip made catching Raikou so much simpler. :D

[quote name='icedrake523']Get a Golbat or Gengar with Mean Look and get them to level 40. Go to an area and stand on the border between a route. Go back and forth on the border (their location changes each time you cross the border). When they're in the same area as you, use a Repel and go into grass. You should encounter them. Use Mean Look and then attack. However, if you switch Pokemon, Mean Look won't work and they'll flee.[/QUOTE]This is win. Thank you sir.

[quote name='icedrake523']Get a Golbat or Gengar with Mean Look and get them to level 40. Go to an area and stand on the border between a route. Go back and forth on the border (their location changes each time you cross the border). When they're in the same area as you, use a Repel and go into grass. You should encounter them. Use Mean Look and then attack. However, if you switch Pokemon, Mean Look won't work and they'll flee.[/QUOTE]

I recommend using a Gengar simply because of Hypnosis. If you are using Golbat, Raikou can use thunder based attacks and kill Golbat because of weakness. Hypnosis will allow you to get some free attacks in. Just remember once your pkmn with mean look dies, it can flee again.

Dugtrio has Area Trap.

Also, yeah. I don't remember Clair being such a biatch in the original G/S. I do remember going into Dragon's Den though.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I recommend using a Gengar simply because of Hypnosis. If you are using Golbat, Raikou can use thunder based attacks and kill Golbat because of weakness. Hypnosis will allow you to get some free attacks in. Just remember once your pkmn with mean look dies, it can flee again.[/QUOTE]

Hm, never even got to battle Raikou or Entei. Just kept encountering, throwing a Pokéball, and watched it flee. Caught Entei with a Quick Ball, and Raikou with a Fast Ball, in the end.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Hm, never even got to battle Raikou or Entei. Just kept encountering, throwing a Pokéball, and watched it flee. Caught Entei with a Quick Ball, and Raikou with a Fast Ball, in the end.[/QUOTE]

Quick balls are so awesome, thats how I catch almost every pokemon I want. Just chuck a quick ball and it usually works unless its a legendary.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Trying to catch all the different Unown is such a pain. There should so be a reward.[/QUOTE]
I tried that once, got fed up with it after 15 or so different ones.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Trying to catch all the different Unown is such a pain. There should so be a reward.[/QUOTE]

The GTS isn't very helpful with their demands for a Unown. Latios and Umbryo, and even one want Deoxys

[quote name='craven_fiend']The GTS isn't very helpful with their demands for a Unown. Latios and Umbryo, and even one want Deoxys[/QUOTE]

Everyone wants a Deoxys for their crappy Pokémon. :roll:

[quote name='utopianmachine']Everyone wants a Deoxys for their crappy Pokémon. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised I got a level 1 Horsea for a level 1 Abra or something else along those lines. Pretty sure it is a female too.

Now if only my Dratini with Extreme Speed were female, then I could hope to pass it on.

Edit: And add to that an apparently hack Wartortle that was found a level 5 for another level 1 Abra. Time to breed for Squirtle and throw back in the GTS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm whats a Umbryo?
Is that new pokemon?

Sometimes I enjoy the GTS, other timnes i hate it.
They should have a POkemon trading list. You put like 10 pokemon you would like. That way if you want a pokemon from them you have a list to choose from.

Also make a legendary only trading zone where idiots can stay.

[quote name='adriley313']Ummm whats a Umbryo?
Is that new pokemon?

Sometimes I enjoy the GTS, other timnes i hate it.
They should have a POkemon trading list. You put like 10 pokemon you would like. That way if you want a pokemon from them you have a list to choose from.

Also make a legendary only trading zone where idiots can stay.[/QUOTE]

First name that came to me. I know it was something very close to that.

I'm liking the GTS when my random level 1's get me a pokemon I want and either can't get or never have any luck getting.

They should let you search the GTS for people looking for a specific pokemon, that way you can look for people looking for pokemon you have rather than legendaries. I'm hoping Black & White add that feature, it's sorely needed. Getting tired of seeing all the impossible trades up on the GTS.

I've started to steal pokemon off the GTS recently. Stole a Shiny Latias and a Lugia so far. Both of them have little frownie face smiley's on their profile page too, like they know they've been stolen.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I'm surprised I got a level 1 Horsea for a level 1 Abra or something else along those lines. Pretty sure it is a female too.

Now if only my Dratini with Extreme Speed were female, then I could hope to pass it on.

Edit: And add to that an apparently hack Wartortle that was found a level 5 for another level 1 Abra. Time to breed for Squirtle and throw back in the GTS.[/QUOTE]

Males are the ones that pass on their moves, not females, so you should be happy to have a male dratini with Extreme Speed. Just trade for a female over GTS, or catch a female on the pokewalker.

[quote name='doodofdoods']They should let you search the GTS for people looking for a specific pokemon, that way you can look for people looking for pokemon you have rather than legendaries. I'm hoping Black & White add that feature, it's sorely needed. Getting tired of seeing all the impossible trades up on the GTS.[/QUOTE]

That is an absolutely fantastic suggestion.:applause:

GTS can be improved in many ways. I hate that I can't look for a Poke unless I've seen it ingame already. I also hate that you cant offer more than one poke at a time for trades.

I've had good luck getting what I want by offering starters I've bred. I finally got a Squirtle last night, traded a Charmander for it.

Question: I bred a Snorlax with a ditto thinking the eggs would hatch into Munchlax, but they hatched into more Snorlax. How can I get a Munchlax?

[quote name='Puffa469']Question: I bred a Snorlax with a ditto thinking the eggs would hatch into Munchlax, but they hatched into more Snorlax. How can I get a Munchlax?[/QUOTE]

Have Snorlax hold a Full Incense when you put it in the Day Care Center with Ditto.

[quote name='doodofdoods']

I've started to steal pokemon off the GTS recently. Stole a Shiny Latias and a Lugia so far. Both of them have little frownie face smiley's on their profile page too, like they know they've been stolen.[/QUOTE]

How do you steal pokemon off of GTS?
The lil smiley face means it had the Pokerus. Though you made me laugh.

So I changed the times and battled Sabrina and Erika so that I could get Roserade and Gallade on my pokedex. Now to search the GTS.

I have you Munchlax.
Let me know when you want it.

I use my AR to create impossible pokemon and then trade them to people looking to clone by using the GTS. Can get some pretty sweet pokemon that way. Traded a level 9 Slowbro for that Shiny Latias.

[quote name='icedrake523']Have Snorlax hold a Full Incense when you put it in the Day Care Center with Ditto.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Another Question: What are the best utility pokes / HM slaves in HG/SS?

I have them all spread out now and would like to free up some spots on my team. I know Gyrados can learn all the water based HM's, are there any pokes that can learn 4 HM's?

[quote name='Ryukahn']Males are the ones that pass on their moves, not females, so you should be happy to have a male dratini with Extreme Speed. Just trade for a female over GTS, or catch a female on the pokewalker.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe I missed this. Good thing then. Now time to find a female. Hopefully this egg from Ditto is female.

[quote name='Puffa469']Thanks!

I have them all spread out now and would like to free up some spots on my team. I know Gyrados can learn all the water based HM's, are there any pokes that can learn 4 HM's?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing.

[quote name='adriley313']Some good ones are Tropius, can learn 4
linoone I lov as a hm slave, surf, strength rock smash and he knows pick up[/QUOTE]

Good to know.

[quote name='Puffa469']Thanks!

I have them all spread out now and would like to free up some spots on my team. I know Gyrados can learn all the water based HM's, are there any pokes that can learn 4 HM's?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mogamer']After looking at the pokedex, these are the movesets to use (the four HM's you teach Bibarel can't be learned by Tropius).
Bibarel: Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall and Rock Climb
Tropius: Fly, Cut, Strength, Rock Smash

And if you really want to cover all your bases with as few pokemon as possible. Teach Hypno Headbutt and Flash.[/QUOTE]

Used this to breeze through my copy of HG just so I could grab that green orb.

I don't remember needing to battle Ho-oh before getting the Elite 4 but since it's a requirement I thought I'd get a good one. My first attempt yielded a Ho-oh with decent IVs and a neutral nature. At least seven hours of catching a resetting later I wish I had just kept that one.

I haven't been playing the game much the past two days, as I've been concentrating on some pretty un-fun stuff like catching the Unown. I think today I'm going to focus more on the storyline, and go try to get Lugia.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Caught Lugia with an Ultra Ball. There were some nice visual/musical surprises leading into the Lugia battle.[/QUOTE]

Took me forever to catch Ho-Oh, but I finally did with an Ultra ball as well. Wasn't about to waste a the Masterball. Not sure when I'll use it.

[quote name='prim4444']Used this to breeze through my copy of HG just so I could grab that green orb.[/QUOTE]

golduck can learn 4 as well (strenght, rock smash, surf, waterfall, whirlpool)

I couldn't catch Ho-Oh with an ultra ball, tossed about 60 at him and he wouldn't stay in. I had to leave and buy some dark balls. It only took one dark ball to capture him.

Going through the battle frontier right now. Saw some trainers from the Diamond/Pearl games. I'd like to see the other aspects of pokemon expanded on in a similar fashion. trade/catching zones that's better than the safari zone/bug catching contest would be awesome.

His Aerodactyl was a pain when I first fought him since it knew all the Elemental fangs and Crunch. After I beat the E4 once, I added Metagross to my team and its Bullet Punch took care of him easily.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']golduck can learn 4 as well (strenght, rock smash, surf, waterfall, whirlpool)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Golduck I can easily get/evolve in HG/SS. Tropius and Linoone I think I would have to Pal Park from GBA games.

That reminds me I need to get to the Pal Park already in my HG game. I have 9 badges and I'm on the second continent (Kanto?) so I should get to it soon.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']golduck can learn 4 as well (strenght, rock smash, surf, waterfall, whirlpool)[/QUOTE]

I use Krabby for all those. Easily obtainable. I even went to the Name Rater and changed it's name to HM Slave. :D

[quote name='Puffa469']Thanks. Golduck I can easily get/evolve in HG/SS. Tropius and Linoone I think I would have to Pal Park from GBA games.

[/QUOTE]

I caught a coupleof lvl 30 Linoone's in the Hoean Field pokewalker course.

bread's done
Back