Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

The more I think about this, the more I simply can't wait to get my hands on either of these. Looking at the pre E4 pokedex, it seems like it's the best yet as far as good/cool pokemon you can get. That's one of the things I haven't enjoyed with the newer pokemon, that being most of the cool pokemon aren't available until after the elite 4 is beaten.

Silver/Gold/Crystal are my favorite Pokemon gens so I'm pretty excited for April, but me being impatient I think I'll import gold and get the Silver when it comes out in US. Then I'll be able to use the poke'walker because who knows if we'll get that when the game comes out in the US, but maybe we'll get lucky.

I wonder if they will do a crystal for this or is this it?

No point in doing a Crystal remake since they incorporated most of those enhancements from the original game/storyline into HG/SS.

[quote name='Ryukahn']The more I think about this, the more I simply can't wait to get my hands on either of these. Looking at the pre E4 pokedex, it seems like it's the best yet as far as good/cool pokemon you can get. That's one of the things I haven't enjoyed with the newer pokemon, that being most of the cool pokemon aren't available until after the elite 4 is beaten.[/QUOTE]

The worst selection of pre-E4 pokemon was definitely in DP. The only fire type were Chimchar and Ponyta and Ponyta sucks.

[quote name='icedrake523']The worst selection of pre-E4 pokemon was definitely in DP. The only fire type were Chimchar and Ponyta and Ponyta sucks.[/QUOTE]

Haha indeed, though Platinum seems to have recognized how crappy it was and made an effort to not suck as much.

[quote name='icedrake523']The worst selection of pre-E4 pokemon was definitely in DP. The only fire type were Chimchar and Ponyta and Ponyta sucks.[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed gettign a Ponyta at a fairly early point, as I'd never really used one before. They aren't great, true, but it was nice to not have the same old, same old.

I've always wanted to use Houndoom but you encountered him late in GSC. I hope Houndour and Murkrow appear in Johto. In GSC they only appeared in Kanto.

[quote name='SL4IN']Updated OP with information about the two upcoming Wi-Fi events.[/QUOTE]

This post reminded me to get Oak's Letter, which I had completely forgotten about, so thanks!

Hey, people who've imported. Do HG/SS have the insertion pokemon like D/P/P where if you have a GBA game in the DS slot you get different pokemon?

I hope so.

[quote name='mcelfour']Hey, people who've imported. Do HG/SS have the insertion pokemon like D/P/P where if you have a GBA game in the DS slot you get different pokemon?

I hope so.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just Pal Park.

[quote name='mcelfour']Hey, people who've imported. Do HG/SS have the insertion pokemon like D/P/P where if you have a GBA game in the DS slot you get different pokemon?

I hope so.[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, no. The only thing the GBA games do is allow you to import guys into Pal Park like the previous games.

So did you guys see that the Power items will be used to pass on IVs to egg pokemon? Like if you attach a Power Bracer to a 31 Attack IV Charizard Male and a Power Lens to a 31 Special Attack IV Charizard female and then mate them, the baby charmander would have 31 IVs in both Attack and Special Attack, along with any egg moves it could learn.

[quote name='Ryukahn']So did you guys see that the Power items will be used to pass on IVs to egg pokemon? Like if you attach a Power Bracer to a 31 Attack IV Charizard Male and a Power Lens to a 31 Special Attack IV Charizard female and then mate them, the baby charmander would have 31 IVs in both Attack and Special Attack, along with any egg moves it could learn.[/QUOTE]
You serious!? Man, that'd be a nice time-saver.

[quote name='adriley313']i hope they have the pokewalker
i hope this new power item thing makes IV training easier[/QUOTE]

Do you mean EVs or IVs? IVs are what the pokemon are born with and are from 0-31, and dont' change at all. EVs are what you gain when battling pokemon. The new way the power items work just make it so you can transfer the IVs into a baby pokemon so you don't have to spend all that time breeding a crapload and then using whatever means you like to find out what the IVs are.

That is in addition to how they already work in aiding you in EV training.

Hell ya, im moving to Flordia where they have WiFi at home so ill be back in the Pokemon game especially when the new games hit

The Release date for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver is MARCH 14th 2010.

Check out my latest blog for the info.

Cant wait to get SoulSilver.

[quote name='adriley313']The Release date for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver is MARCH 14th 2010.

Check out my latest blog for the info.

Cant wait to get SoulSilver.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I played red/blue and skipped all the way to D/P/P, so I can't wait for these remakes. Wonder what kind of cool pre-order bonuses we'll have?

I missed out on the pre-order last time cause the GameStop a-hole didnt want to check in the back.

This time im raising hell until I get it.
I just hope it comes with the PokeWalker like the JPN version does.

Box-art was posted at GoNintendo, and they show that the PokeWalker is included with the game:
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=107652
61uCnKGze6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

61FIZn_ywqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Hey if anyone knows how to edit pics then post the box art in the CAG Collection series.

I tried but CheapyD said to delete the white border.

i cant wait as this will be a day one buy for me.

[quote name='mcelfour']the pokewalker also explains the $40 MRSP listed on amazon (rather than the usual $35).[/QUOTE]

The game appears to be selling at $35 at a number of places. Wish I could get it for $29.99, but it's a game that's worth it even at $40. I'm really really glad they kept the Pokewalker in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes im all over the it for hwtaever price.
Ive got Plat, Diamond and pearl which i love all to death.

Just hope it has cool bonuses to come with it.

[quote name='icedrake523']Mudkip won't be in the game. But you can find someone online who will trade you one.[/QUOTE]

Mudkip is in the game.

After you've beaten the revised Elite 4 and Trainer Red, you go and talk to Steven Stone (a character from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald), he'll note your accomplishments and let you have your choice of a Mudkip, Torchic or Treecko.

I've been excited for gold and silver remakes, but now that the US game comes with a poke'walker I'm even more excited to get it the day it comes out I'd be fine if it didn't come with a pre-order item though a bonus item would be nice! :drool:

bread's done
Back