Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Metagame, Friendcodes, Battling & Trading!

Once you get platinum and your able to buy poke'ball catch alot of pokemon in the starting area like bidoof and starly and trade away that's the only way to go.

I can't wait to play I've been playing my leafgreen getting the legendary birds and mewtwo.

Gamestop, Bestbuy, Target, walmart.com, and maybe gamecrazy also target and bestbuy already have the bonus and walmart.com has the bonus plus a case not sure if the store will have it, but it looks like just online..

Im pretty fucking psyched for this game, as I sold my pearl and need to get back into IV, as there was a lot I missed (such as the metagame). I have a few questions though:

1) If someone temporarily trades me the event Regigigas, can I still get the 3 golems?

2) Should I be able to find it at GS w/o preordering easily or do I have to preorder to have the game in my hands this Sunday?

3) Can I get Ubers through wifi trade (even if not GTS). I think after beating the game I want to get me a shiny new Arceus AKA POKEGOD

4) Any news on the Arceus special event?

5) How do you pronounce Arceus?

[quote name='Filler2001']Im pretty fucking psyched for this game, as I sold my pearl and need to get back into IV, as there was a lot I missed (such as the metagame). I have a few questions though:

1) If someone temporarily trades me the event Regigigas, can I still get the 3 golems?[/quote]

Yes, but you need to have the national dex, which requires beating the meta-game and seeing all 150 Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex. You then need to have the Regigigas on your game (in your party I believe) to be able to catch the Regitrio.

[quote2) Should I be able to find it at GS w/o preordering easily or do I have to preorder to have the game in my hands this Sunday?[/quote]

Gamestop, possibly. Wal-Mart or other big chain retailers like Best Buy & Target, most definitely.

3) Can I get Ubers through wifi trade (even if not GTS). I think after beating the game I want to get me a shiny new Arceus AKA POKEGOD

Yes, you can pretty get much anything can be obtained through the GTS, or anyone wanting to trade with you. Although, every Arceus you currently find will 100% be hacked, because it has not been officially released yet by Nintendo.

4) Any news on the Arceus special event?

I personally haven't heard anything myself. It will most likely be given away at the release of the 12th Pokemon movie in Japan, since Arceus is the main character.

5) How do you pronounce Arceus?

r-see-us

Hell ya im looking for super cheap. I might get wal-mart since they have the case.
Any easy way anyone know to transfer my diamond pokemon to Platinum unless theres some pokemon cags near phoenix to help me out.

[quote name='VexingVelocity']So, anyone know of a store that is going to be selling Platinum for cheap on release day?[/quote]
You could try Amazon. If not, I don't think youll find it anywhere for less than $34.99.

As unlikely as it would seem, Amazon had PKMN Pearl for...$25 as a DOTD after a month of release. Maybe even $20.

Until something like an event made for Platinum or the Secret Key needed for Rotom shows up, I'm holding off on Platinum.

Noob Question:

Is there anyway to 'randomly' battle people online? Either that or play people without having to enter in 'friend codes'? Or even meet people in game?

Not really feeling entering in a bunch of codes to play people.

[quote name='Nohbdy']No, because of KIDS and PEDOPHILES and HARDCORE GAMURS.[/quote]

That sucks.

Can you trade pokemon from firered to platinum by putting firered in Slot 2 on the DS and having Platinum in Slot 1.

If so at what point can you trade your pokemon from firered to platinum.

Thanks in advance, just getting back into the pokemon after a long leave.

Oh man, I wonder if I'll be able to get the even Regigigas in this after I pick it up a day early. I'll have to make sure I get there early to get a signed copy...

[quote name='will52']That sucks.

Can you trade pokemon from firered to platinum by putting firered in Slot 2 on the DS and having Platinum in Slot 1.

Thanks in advance, just getting back into the pokemon after a long leave.[/quote]

Yes you can, it was in Diamond and Pearl and it is a place called pal park. You can only use Pal Park after you've beaten the Eilte 4 and gotten the national dex.

Essentially what Pal Park is, is you import 6 Pokemon from the GBA game and catch them in Pal Park. You don't have to hunt them or anything, it gives you 6 balls that are instant catch and it times you, sort of like a hunting game to see how fast you catch the Pokemon.

[quote name='guardkitty']Is it possible to go to a wal mart right at 12:00am (early sunday, late saturday) and pick this up?[/quote]

YMMV

[quote name='Rave Child']Oh man, I wonder if I'll be able to get the even Regigigas in this after I pick it up a day early. I'll have to make sure I get there early to get a signed copy...[/quote]

No, you can't. The Regigigas is only available for download to Diamond & Pearl games only.

[quote name='will52']That sucks.

Thanks in advance, just getting back into the pokemon after a long leave.[/quote]
You can migrate your Pokemon from Fire Red via Pal Park. That's after you beat the Elite 4 and get your national Dex though.

If your in New York i know a place that has official copy of pokemon Platinum they said they might have it today its right in my neighborhood

VideoGamesNewYork
on 6th street and 3rd ave
http://www.videogamesnewyork.com/

its the best gamestore in the world not just for breaking street date on games they also have games back to the 80's nes snes etc and imports like wii only Tatsunoku vs capcom and more

[quote name='DingoOnmy40']If your in New York i know a place that has official copy of pokemon Platinum they said they might have it today its right in my neighborhood

VideoGamesNewYork
on 6th street and 3rd ave
http://www.videogamesnewyork.com/

its the best gamestore in the world not just for breaking street date on games they also have games back to the 80's nes snes etc and imports like wii only Tatsunoku vs capcom and more[/quote]
Gosh... i wish my area had a place like that.
I CANT TAKE IT ANY LONGER...RELEASE PLATINUM NOW!!!:bomb:

[quote name='DingoOnmy40']
its the best gamestore in the world not just for breaking street date on games they also have games back to the 80's nes snes etc and imports like wii only Tatsunoku vs capcom and more[/quote]

That's awesome. In Ontario the game stores never get games in on time. Ever. If they ever broke a street date, I'd probably have a stroke.:lol:

I just traded my old ipod for a used ds lite on here with a CAG. Yaaa me.
I already have pokemon diamond with over 400 pkmn. i plan on getting platinum the day or week of release. most likely at wal-mart so i can get the case.

My question is what pkmn, where and when are the upcoming Pokemon events to download pkmn into your game. And can i download any to diamond if i dont have platinum yet.

thx guys

Hmm.. I'm not sure on this, but if we're lucky we will get the prof. oak's letter over wifi and that should be able to go on both games and same with diamond and pearl too if they give the flute over wifi..

If the event is something like the secret key then of course no, but since platinum is just one day away I don't really know about other event stuff.

I decided to get mine at walmart the people there said they're putting it out at 12:00AM so I'll go then to get it I can't wait. :bouncy:

HYPE!!

platinumr.jpg

[quote name='briandadude']Sweet Dell keyboard![/quote]

I waited so long to finally get it!

Bonus! Free DS Club Nintendo code to anyone that can guess what the white thing in the upper left corner is.

[quote name='SL4IN']I waited so long to finally get it!

Bonus! Free DS Club Nintendo code to anyone that can guess what the white thing in the upper left corner is.[/quote]

Left or right trigger of a DS?

[quote name='Nohbdy']As unlikely as it would seem, Amazon had PKMN Pearl for...$25 as a DOTD after a month of release. Maybe even $20.

Until something like an event made for Platinum or the Secret Key needed for Rotom shows up, I'm holding off on Platinum.[/quote]

Same here. Actually I don't even care that much about Rotom. I'm definitely holding off until a deal pops up. Even then, it would have to be pretty darn good one for me to bite. I still have Disgaea DS and The World Ends With You which takes as much time, if not more to play than Pokemon. Not only that, this month just dumped like 4 new interesting DS games to look into.

Im doing a Ruby playthrough while Im waiting to get the game at noon tomorrow. I got the 7th badge but either my GBA Micro or my cartridge messed up and now Im back at Lilycove :(, I guess Ill just play PiT or something instead if I dont get the urge to keep going with Ruby. Also, dont post if the cartridge is colored or not (even if it isnt). Id be suprised either way so dont ruin it :D. I might pick up Pokemon Ranger 2 if anyone can tell me how it is.

Bonus! Free DS Club Nintendo code to anyone that can guess what the white thing in the upper left corner is.[/QUOTE]

Giratina figure?

MAN.
I need money!
I sold my rockband 1 drums for $35 to one friend, sold a 360 controller for $30 to another, and I get $38 back in taxes, but my friends haven't payed me yet and tax money takes forever!! D':

MANNNNNN! I went this morning in NYC to try to get one of the signed ones, and they ended up giving them out "randomly." The guys at the register just arbitrarily decided when to give them out, and the woman in front of me got one because she had come in from Connecticut. At least I got a sweet Giratina carrying case and a few Pokemon Platinum drawstring bags, but I was hoping for a little more schwag.

AWESOME. I just traded some stuff for a brand new copy of Pokemon platinum.
Now ill have a ds lite and Pokemon platinum, i already own diamond
Yaaaa me.

Bonus! Free DS Club Nintendo code to anyone that can guess what the white thing in the upper left corner is.[/QUOTE]

A printer?

I went to the local Walmart at 12am and was able to snag a bundle that had figure and case for 34.99+tax. The online checker says no stores have it in the 100 radius but i was able to pick one up instore just like that, it looked like they had at least six in the box so it's worth it checking out walmart tonight for it

Most likely wrong, but is it the Wii Remote holder from club nintendo? >_

Bonus! Free DS Club Nintendo code to anyone that can guess what the white thing in the upper left corner is.[/quote]

is it a tower? For the PC? and ive been playing platinum from the JAP release its freaking awesome! and online changed ALOT! in terms of battle strats.

Now this awesome game has come out, I am hoping that a Gold/Silver and Crystal remake will follow!

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST!!!!! I SEROUISLY DID NOT NOTICE!!!!!!!!

I picked up a copy at Wally World this morning, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Yellow. I've been waiting for the inevitable third version to come out, so I didn't play Diamond/Pearl.

I'll post my FC when I get it.

Even though I imported a copy from playasia a few months ago, I'm considering getting the US version for a plane ride I have coming up.

Just a tip, anyone that is thinking about getting the game guide, Amazon has it for 11.96 right now, the guide is 624 pages and includes a full Pokedex.

Heh, sweet. Ill pick it up for 20 at GS today when I pick up the game, but Ill use it for reading and strategy material mostly. Right now Im doing a rush playthrough on Ruby to get the three Regis (caught earlier today). Im at victory road (technically Ever Grande) and I think I got an OK team to work from:

Slaking: Level 46 (Evod up at 40ish-met at level 5)
-Strength
-Slash
-Rock Smash
-Thunder

Blaziken Level 47
-Dig
-Slash
-Cut
-Blaze Kick

Wailord level 40
-Waterfall
-Astonish
-Water Pulse
-Surf

Groudon level 45
-Slash
-Bulk Up
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Tentacruel level 41
-Surf
-Acid
-Dive
-Blizzard

And then a HM slave for fly. Im normally better about how I level up but I did this in 15 hours battling once every few trainers. Any moveset changes?

Yes, my friend code is in the OP, for both my US & JP copies of the game. If everyone will post their FC's in the thread, I'll update the OP with everything so it's easy to find people. When you give your FC, post your in-game name and your FC please.

And, I'll admit that I don't expect anyone to guess what it is in the upper right corner, but you can all keep guessing if you want. If you want to know what it is, it's
pm me

For an alternate contest, I'll give a free DS Club Nintendo code to anyone that can guess what my favorite Pokemon is.

bread's done
Back