Official PS2 Guitar Hero Thread (Rock the 80s/Guitar Hero III) - GHIII Out Oct. 29th

this is bad ass.

which version is this because this song is not on the hackers ed..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvYItLHWKdg[/media][/media]

The heck is the "hackers ed?" Hacker's Edition?

This is simply more of Galiath's work. He did the TV version of the song, then later did the full version as a request.

Since no one else has said anything Quick Machines by Velvet Revolver (master track) has been announced for GH3. Also according to Wikipedia, When You Were Young by The Killers is on there...though I'd take that with a heavy dose of skepticism.

[quote name='bardockkun']Since no one else has said anything Quick Machines by Velvet Revolver (master track) has been announced for GH3. Also according to Wikipedia, When You Were Young by The Killers is on there...though I'd take that with a heavy dose of skepticism.[/quote]Hadn't heard about the Velvet Revolver song, but When You Were Young is confirmed along with another track.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6177059.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;10

As confirmed by Joystiq http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/22/new-guitar-hero-iii-tracks-show-international-love/

fuck yes for In Flames.

[quote name='Backlash']Wow I don't recognize any of those bands. I guess I'm totally out of it.[/quote]In Flames and Lacuna Coil are the only bands I've heard of, and I haven't heard anything from them.

I can't see myself ever beating Electric Eye. First it's boring, then it's too hard to be fun, then its just impossible with the solo, which kills me.

Jordan's just friggin ridiculous. As in that song feels like you have better chance passing it on expert if you have a seizure or something...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Buckethead can generally put together interesting instrumentals, but even listening, the solo is pretty irritating.

So, now that GH3 is out, what does everyone think?

So far it seems good, but oddly it's not as immersive as the first two, IMO. The first two gave me the feeling I was really playing the guitar, whereas in 3 I feel more like I'm hitting buttons in time to a soundtrack.

My wife theorizes that it's because GHJ and GH2 made the guitar parts much louder than the vocals and drums, and GH3 seems to just use the original mixes. I think she might be right.

[quote name='Backlash']So, now that GH3 is out, what does everyone think?

So far it seems good, but oddly it's not as immersive as the first two, IMO. The first two gave me the feeling I was really playing the guitar, whereas in 3 I feel more like I'm hitting buttons in time to a soundtrack.

My wife theorizes that it's because GHJ and GH2 made the guitar parts much louder than the vocals and drums, and GH3 seems to just use the original mixes. I think she might be right.[/quote]

I think your wife might be right on that one. So far, I am completely addicted to this one. The track list is amazing (especially with so many masters), the graphical improvements are great (not that this matters very much to me in the first place) and it is more difficult I think. Expert for most songs really means expert. Is this good or bad? I think the difficulty is just about right in this game. I tried the Dragonforce song in practice mode on expert and got 52%. So yeah, GH3 is taking up valuable school time because I cant put it down.

[quote name='Backlash']So, now that GH3 is out, what does everyone think?

My wife theorizes that it's because GHJ and GH2 made the guitar parts much louder than the vocals and drums, and GH3 seems to just use the original mixes. I think she might be right.[/QUOTE]
Even if it is the master track, can the guitar volume be adjusted in the Audio Settings? I saw lots of settings in there but I didn't look too closely.

So far I think the tracklist is great and I"m loving the game.
I could have done without the Morello battle mode though. That felt too much like Tony Hawk, and trying to get SKATE, which was bullshit and ruined that game. I hate having to complete challenges. That's what made GHI and II so good. No stupid challenges, just rocking. Why did Neversoft feel the need to screw with a good forumula?
Nonetheless, it's not the end of the world. It took me three tries to beat Morello on Medium, so I can't really complain.

EDIT: Okay, after playing through and beating Slash in battle mode first time through, I guess it isn't so bad. At least there are only three battles (I haven't got to the third but I read that it's The Devil).

I think is awsome so far. like others have said seems to be harder than previous ones. I have almost finished medium and to be honest not sure I will get a single one on hard or higher. but I am hooked and enjoy what I can play

The game for PS2 is pretty tight but the singer is just a big WTF. One of the funniest/worst character designs ever.

bread's done
Back