Official Ratchet & Clank Future Thread

[quote name='mykevermin']The software I downloaded said "demo," not "tutorial." I treated it as a demo, a sampling of the game that indicates what it is like overall. I liked what I played, but not enough to buy it. I am allowed to think that, no?[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, from my experience with the other R&C games, the levels usually can get pretty difficult toward the middle/ending of the game.

Insomniac said that the framerate is 60, with the odd exception. And the pocast also mentioned that they were working on fixing that. I believe it was the ps3fanboy podcast.
~S

[quote name='whoknows']Gametrailers gave the game a 9. They said it was on the easy side, so you win this one Mike...kinda :p

And if you care about spoilers I would recommend you do NOT watch the video review: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26714.html[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the video.. thanks for the warning, but why would they spoil the game. Makes me feel like they're trying to sabotage the game.

I didnt think the spoilers were too serious. They just commented on what a subplot deals with and went over some of the weapon types. I've read about both of those other places.

I'm impressed about how the review managed to fit in a Rush reference though. Didn't expect that.

LMAO, I called just for the hell of it.. I knew that it would be out tomorrow, dude kept trying to tell me that it was street dated for the 31st, kept telling him it was moved, he didnt believe me. Finally looked it up in his computer, then wanted me to come in an "reserve" it, to guarntee a copy.. Some one was desperate for numbers

[quote name='MrDubbs']LMAO, I called just for the hell of it.. I knew that it would be out tomorrow, dude kept trying to tell me that it was street dated for the 31st, kept telling him it was moved, he didnt believe me. Finally looked it up in his computer, then wanted me to come in an "reserve" it, to guarntee a copy.. Some one was desperate for numbers[/QUOTE]

Can you even reserve over the phone?

[quote name='jalu6']I didnt think the spoilers were too serious. They just commented on what a subplot deals with and went over some of the weapon types. I've read about both of those other places.

I'm impressed about how the review managed to fit in a Rush reference though. Didn't expect that.[/QUOTE]
Well I thought a spoiler was them showing the main bad guy, in the demo and in the trailer they cut it off right before he's shown so I was a little disappointed when they did show him.

[quote name='TC']Can you even reserve over the phone?[/quote]

He wanted me to come in and reserve it, and was like bring in games to get money off, and think of what else I want.. lol

too bad this game isn't in 1080p, I noticed some jaggies in the demo that detracted from the appearance. Still on the fence about this title.

[quote name='Zoglog']too bad this game isn't in 1080p, I noticed some jaggies in the demo that detracted from the appearance. Still on the fence about this title.[/quote]

*pushes zoglog off the fence*

[quote name='mtxbass1']Got the call from Gamestop today saying this is in tomorrow. I'm definitely picking this up.[/quote]
You'll pick it up, but will you buy it?
[/Sarcasm]

I'm thinking of taking Bioshock and Gears to trade in with the extra $10 deal so i don't have to pay for Ratchet. Anyone think that's a bad idea?

[quote name='whoknows']I'm thinking of taking Bioshock and Gears to trade in with the extra $10 deal so i don't have to pay for Ratchet. Anyone think that's a bad idea?[/quote]

If you have a kick-ass computer and your not gonna get back to those games any time soon, I wouldn't think so.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']If you have a kick-ass computer and your not gonna get back to those games any time soon, I wouldn't think so.[/QUOTE]
No kick ass computer, but I'm about to finish Bioshock and I never really got into Gears.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Added the 1up, IGN, and GT reviews to the OP. I'm surprised that 1up chose the lowest score to use for their full review.[/QUOTE]

the big EGM review is always our 1UP review.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/ratchetclank/review.html?sid=6181557&tag=topslot;title;1

Gamespot being harsh to gain ratings again. I am so mad about it, I don't even want to talk about it.[/quote]
Strange. Aaron Thomas is usually one of their two sports game reviewers, along with Brian Eckberg, so it's kind of strange to see him doing the Ratchet review.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']the big EGM review is always our 1UP review.[/quote]
You mean the one that takes up more space? I know one of them is just a shorter version of the 1up review, but I've never noticed a correlation. I guess there's not much space to notice it, if that's the case. I'm surprised it wasn't you or Donahoe that did it since you two were talking about it on the 1up Show a few weeks ago, though Joe's did a good job regardless.

[quote name='ZForce']I got a call from Captain Qwark himself telling me my copy would be in! :)[/QUOTE]
You say that as a joke, but that would be pretty cool

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Strange. Aaron Thomas is usually one of their two sports game reviewers, along with Brian Eckberg, so it's kind of strange to see him doing the Ratchet review.

You mean the one that takes up more space? I know one of them is just a shorter version of the 1up review, but I've never noticed a correlation. I guess there's not much space to notice it, if that's the case. I'm surprised it wasn't you or Donahoe that did it since you two were talking about it on the 1up Show a few weeks ago, though Joe's did a good job regardless.[/QUOTE]

yeah, there's always one big review and two small review in EGM. 150 words versus 90, for the average game. and the big reviewer always writes the full 1UP review. we did all the 1UP show stuff cause joe is off-site.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']yeah, there's always one big review and two small review in EGM. 150 words versus 90, for the average game. and the big reviewer always writes the full 1UP review. we did all the 1UP show stuff cause joe is off-site.[/quote]
Yeah, he's over in Ohio now, right? He gets to have debug units over there for reviews?

[quote name='Zoglog']there's nothing wrong with that review. Not everyone shares the same opinions, let it be.[/quote]

Docking a game because it's too easy and you didn't like the story to a 7.5 is wrong IMO.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, he's over in Ohio now, right? He gets to have debug units over there for reviews?[/QUOTE]

yes, and yes. you do your homework.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']yes, and yes. you do your homework.[/quote]
I was a fan of OPM for years until it was killed off, so I always made sure to read his blog posts. :lol:

[quote name='pop311']i hope this game doessn't suffer the same fate zelda TP did; awesome eveything, just too damn easy[/quote]
The only thing I found hard in TP was getting used to fighting the knight armor dudes close to the end. The final boss fights were a let down, I was expecting something longer and more epic, and a lot more challenging.

So far the only game I've played that has been awesome everything + extremely challenging in a good way is Ninja Gaiden.

[/OTT]

I saw the game at Walmart tonight and went ahead and picked it up. This may be old news, but when I went to start the game it prompted me to update to firmware 1.94. I checked system update on the XMB, just to see if it also had the 1.94 update, but it didn't, only the game disc had it (for now at least). From what I could tell, all 1.94 does is add Dual Shock 3 support. Also, at the start of the game, you have to wait a minute or so for it to cache data to the hard drive. This is the first Ratchet and Clank game I have owned, so I am excited to play through it :)

I'm not thread crapping, but I really don't get the draw to the game .... I guess it's just not my style. I tried to like the R&C series, in fact at one time I owned 1 and 2 but just couldn't get into them. Maybe it's because they're just too linear for my taste. The demo didn't really pull me in, but I'll be damned if it didn't look very good.

Anyone else hoping this gets traded in really quick at your GS/EB to use that b1g150%off coupon?

I think thats the only way I'll pick it up cause I wanna pick up Ninja Gaiden Sigma as well.

[quote name='TFN']Anyone else hoping this gets traded in really quick at your GS/EB to use that b1g150%off coupon?

I think thats the only way I'll pick it up cause I wanna pick up Ninja Gaiden Sigma as well.[/QUOTE]Nope, because I want it to sell very well so the series continues. ;) :p I'm buying new today.

bread's done
Back