Official San Diego Area CAG List

[quote name='elessar123']I think he meant when kmart opened on thanksgiving day.[/QUOTE]

oh. i thought maybe he meant a new kmart opened. didn't a sears essential get converted back to a kmart off university ave near 54th st?

[quote name='Ma12kez']Soooo...someone's car was lit on fire at the local 24-Hour Fitness parking lot off of H Street this week.:hot: What the fuck?[/QUOTE]

Really when was this?

[quote name='Ma12kez']Soooo...someone's car was lit on fire at the local 24-Hour Fitness parking lot off of H Street this week.:hot: What the fuck?[/QUOTE]

Probably a Raider fan still celebrating their recent SD victory.

[quote name='vietgurl']I live in San Diego but I go to UC Berkeley...so I kinda live in San Diego.

Currently chilling at Tea Stop in Mira Mesa/Scripps Ranch.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I am from SD as well and go to UC Berkeley too. ANd I am a CAG. :)

Looks like they went to the gym...

and really felt the burn.

YEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

[quote name='sdclippers']Really when was this?[/QUOTE]Last week.
[quote name='zephie']Looks like they went to the gym...

and really felt the burn.

YEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHH!![/QUOTE]I heard from my cousin that it it was a jealous ex or something like that. Who knows? Sucks either way. The crazy shit people do sometimes..

the one off black mountain? I went in there looking for some games and overheard something about the property manager not renewing their lease.

everyone else enjoying this latest round of rain?

[quote name='supermodestmouse']the one off black mountain? I went in there looking for some games and overheard something about the property manager not renewing their lease.

everyone else enjoying this latest round of rain?[/QUOTE]

Glad it stopped raining, i can finally wash my car :D.

Hey Fellow SD CAGS,
Im about to graduate from SDSU and i just wanted to give it a shot here.
Does anyone know of local internships regarding finance?

I am also about to go to my career center.

I am trying to use all my resources to the max, I msged MarkMan about MadCatz already.

You gotta keep at it man. Visit career services and check their postings as often as you can. You can still come in for a few months after you graduate.

anyone else have Time Warner Cable? My internet cuts in and out every 1-3 minutes. Somtimes its VERY fast and on average its pathetically slow. I Changed out the modems, my routers NEVER disconnect...

[quote name='TheHelix']La Jolla BBV is closing down. Didn't get a chance to look since it was closed when I went to Sprinkles last night.[/QUOTE]

Which one is this? I can go look.

Edit: looked on yelp. The Fay one? Says it's already closed?

I went opening day, probably waited 2 hours for cupcakes. Worth the wait, glad I don't have to go to LA anymore for them.

I went to BBV today. Game selection is wiped out, but I did get a Wii classic controller for 16 bucks. Guy at the register said 4S Ranch location is closing too, so I'll check it out tomorrow.

And the 4S Ranch didn't have much left either. Walked away with nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm, fewd. We should start sharing our go to spots for anything edible.

I live in the East Chula Vista area so I'm really inclined to Mexican food. The couple of places I go to are Cotija's (bonita location, hash brown burrito is THE best breakfast burrito, the aguac salsa is delicious. They even have Grande burritos than can feed a small family, though it's mostly potatoes, but for $5-$7 range is a great deal), Lolita's (kinda outgrew them, plus prices are getting up there), Cotixan's (big portions, fairly priced, Carne Asada fries are great, as with Lunch Burrito [breakfast]), and Colimas (food is ok, portions ridiculous. My favorite is the Hawaiian burrito [adobada, ham, cheese, pineapple good lawd]).

I'm also big on breakfast but don't know too many places.

I also OP the PS3 Fighting Game thread. Was wondering if anyone out there is into fighting games as well. It'd be great to build up a scene in South Bay.

[quote name='option.iv']Mmmm, fewd. We should start sharing our go to spots for anything edible.

I live in the East Chula Vista area so I'm really inclined to Mexican food. The couple of places I go to are Cotija's (bonita location, hash brown burrito is THE best breakfast burrito, the aguac salsa is delicious. They even have Grande burritos than can feed a small family, though it's mostly potatoes, but for $5-$7 range is a great deal), Lolita's (kinda outgrew them, plus prices are getting up there), Cotixan's (big portions, fairly priced, Carne Asada fries are great, as with Lunch Burrito [breakfast]), and Colimas (food is ok, portions ridiculous. My favorite is the Hawaiian burrito [adobada, ham, cheese, pineapple good lawd]).

I'm also big on breakfast but don't know too many places.

I also OP the PS3 Fighting Game thread. Was wondering if anyone out there is into fighting games as well. It'd be great to build up a scene in South Bay.[/QUOTE]

I used to be really into Tekken, and do miss playing it. It's also likely that I'll get into MvC2, and SSF4. Guilty Gear / Arcana Heart / BlazBlue games and similar are ones I barely dabbled in, so I'd be a 100% noob in those.

As for Mexican food, we usually go to Santana's/MXN. Chipotle too, but that's not as Mexican.

Well, I'm big into SSFIV, and looking forward to MvC3 as a change of pace. Those other games I'm not as well versed in as well, too anime for me?

Just ate breakfast and came from Kmart (they open at 7:00). They had only 1 CE of MvC3 for each system. I took the PS3 one for a friend. If you're fast enough, you can prolly snag the 360 CE.

I even camped it out 2 hours before they opened in anticipation of them scalpers and slickdealers. But I was still the only person waiting as they opened their doors.

If you have SYWR card with a valid email, you can get the 25,000 in points ($25 value) with either the CE or standard edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='option.iv']Just ate breakfast and came from Kmart (they open at 7:00). They had only 1 CE of MvC3 for each system. I took the PS3 one for a friend. If you're fast enough, you can prolly snag the 360 CE.

I even camped it out 2 hours before they opened in anticipation of them scalpers and slickdealers. But I was still the only person waiting as they opened their doors.

If you have SYWR card with a valid email, you can get the 25,000 in points ($25 value) with either the CE or standard edition.[/QUOTE]

Not that I'll make it, but which kmart?

The Gamestop I work at is closing, we've put a bunch of stuff on sale 25% off. The store is located at the corner of El Cajon and 54th St. Next week there will be select stuff 50% off. Some decent deals, nothing groundbreaking. Bioshock 2 LE was already on sale for $30, now 25% off of that.

There's three Gamestops within a mile of each other, so it was only a matter of time before one of them got the ax. That, along with other factors pertaining to this store. I'll update with specific deals if I see some good ones. If anyone comes by, let me know you're from CAG.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']There's three Gamestops within a mile of each other, so it was only a matter of time before one of them got the ax. That, along with other factors pertaining to this store. I'll update with specific deals if I see some good ones. If anyone comes by, let me know you're from CAG.[/QUOTE]

Was there, but didn't care for anything on sale. Were you working today? I got an Eternal Darkness case the last time I went, from the same person that was working.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']The Gamestop I work at is closing, we've put a bunch of stuff on sale 25% off. The store is located at the corner of El Cajon and 54th St. Next week there will be select stuff 50% off. Some decent deals, nothing groundbreaking. Bioshock 2 LE was already on sale for $30, now 25% off of that.[/QUOTE]

is MVC3 on sale or do u guys not even have it?

Has anyone hunted down a MvC3 Special Edition for the PS3? I saw a 360 at Target the Tuesday it came out, regret not buying it. If y'all find one and wanna help out a fellow SD CAG let me know

Hey Two Headed Boy, I just bought KZ3, but Best Buy did not give me the preorder maps code. Was just wondering if Gamestop had any leftover codes. And If you do can you get me one please.

We have a couple of MvC3 Special Editions for PS3, unless they've been transferred to another store already.

Unfortunately, the codes aren't on cards anymore, but rather print on the receipt when you pick up your reservation. I think they got wise to employees selling them on ebay.

[quote name='TheHelix']Any good 50% stuff on sale this week?[/QUOTE]
I work tomorrow evening, I'll let you all know then. Come by if you get the chance.

College Ave Blockbuster is closing. Saw some decent titles, but I don't have a lot of money right now so I walked away with nothing.

[quote name='TheHelix']College Ave Blockbuster is closing. Saw some decent titles, but I don't have a lot of money right now so I walked away with nothing.[/QUOTE]

what were the percentages on games, and the prices on DVD's?

[quote name='xmrblondex']what were the percentages on games, and the prices on DVD's?[/QUOTE]

Don't bother. Went to check, and it was 20% off posters, 15% off used blurays, 15-34% off dvds (like $8.49 each for the most part, including each volume of tv series), like 20% off candy (small box of stuff), and the games were I think 15% off. A lot of things aren't labeled yet, so I think they just started the process.

Yeah typical liquidating prices. I didn't see a sign for games but I assumed 10% off. I just hope BBV survives another B1G1 14.99 or under sale.

In for candy snakes at 75%!

My Gamestop put a bunch of used game 50% off, and added more new games to the 25% off bin. Couple decent deals, Heavy Rain for $22.49.

Sorry Chop Suey, we sold the MvC3 CE.

bread's done
Back