Official San Diego Area CAG List

Damn I haven't posted here in forever. Everyone make it out of the blackout okay?

Driving home was a pain in the butt, I almost got hit twice by some impatient drivers. It wasn't too bad when I got home though, still had internet for a while and started up my generator to make life easier for me and some neighbors. No gas stations were open though, so I had to siphon gas for the generator from my car lol.

Anyways, power came back on for me at around 9pm. Was it about the same for you guys?

Power came back on around 12:30am this morning for us. Though in other parts of Chula Vista, they were getting their power ealier than others.

Hope everyone is doing okay out there. Back to the usual.

Mira Mesa got its power back around 2. It was interesting hanging out with my housemates, drinking beer and playing a full game of monopoly until there was only 1 winner.

In case anyone wants it, I spotted a limited edition of Gears of War 3 at the Kearny Mesa Walmart last night. Price was $79.99 and the guy was willing to sell it to me but with all the sales/extras being given away next week, I passed. Good if someone wants to play it right now.

IMG_20110913_161352.jpg

Glad you picked it up. I tried to ask the CSR if they had any regular editions in the back but he said the ol' "everything we have is out here" without looking.

I didn't pick it up haha, the dude said he couldn't sell it until the 20th. Don't know if I should try my luck again later.

Ps @ 2 headed, wanna hook it up ;)

We're doing a midnight launch for Gears at the Campus Plaza Gamestop if anyone's picking it up. I'll be working, so let me know you're a CAGer if you show up and I might be able to hook you up with something.

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me posting as an outsider. I'm in town from out of state and looking to check out any gaming store you guys have besides the obvious Frys Electronics, FYE, GameStop, Play N Trade, Best Buy. I see there are a couple of Luna Games in San Diego, any other game shops with old and new games?

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']Hey guys, hope you don't mind me posting as an outsider. I'm in town from out of state and looking to check out any gaming store you guys have besides the obvious Frys Electronics, FYE, GameStop, Play N Trade, Best Buy. I see there are a couple of Luna Games in San Diego, any other game shops with old and new games?[/QUOTE]

There are a few others, but Luna is beyer stocked and more reasonably priced, so don't bother with the rest.

Anybody know someone/somewhere local I can call for an arcade machine repair? I've got a Ms. Pac-Man cocktail cabinet that the sound sometimes cuts out and may or may not have a color issue. I'd rather deal with someone locally than have to take out the board myself (which I don't trust myself to do) and send it out somewhere.

drove by BB mission valley at 1030pm on thanksgiving day, the line was NUTS it wrapped around the entire parking lot from the right side of the door all the way around to their car service place.

walmart on aero, there was a fat line that ended at the middle of vons LOL

went to La Mesa BB instead at 11PM and got uncharted 3 and a bunch of blu's hope everyone got their stuff safely Lol

[quote name='Furashu']drove by BB mission valley at 1030pm on thanksgiving day, the line was NUTS it wrapped around the entire parking lot from the right side of the door all the way around to their car service place.

walmart on aero, there was a fat line that ended at the middle of vons LOL

went to La Mesa BB instead at 11PM and got uncharted 3 and a bunch of blu's hope everyone got their stuff safely Lol[/QUOTE]

Yea, the news said BB Mission Valley had a line 4,000 people long. I went there at like 11AM, and the lines for the cashier wrapped around half the store.

Went to Walmart on Aero as well, and gave up cause the line was at Von's by 10PM.

Ended up going to Kohl's instead, and got 2 Chef's mats, bedding set, and bath mats for $110 and $30 Kohl's Cash. Only thing I didn't get that I wanted was the Walmart Pyrex set.

Was at Fashion Valley in the evening, and the Microsoft store still had all the titles. Picked up 2x Disney, 2x Dance Central 2, 1x Kinect Sports 2, and Forza 4 for like $85 (% off if you buy $100+). Totally did not expect there to still be Dance Central, cause even Target was sold out at $28.

Didn't bother going out on Thanksgiving or Friday this year. Did all of my shopping online, though this year was pretty meh in terms of deals.

Hope everyone is doing okay and having a great weekend.

Happy new year folks. Was wondering if anyone heard anything about the blockbusters if any of them were closing up. The one in north park is looking awfully lean these days.

I born & live in Tijuana , but all my gaming needs i get it from all the San Diego area , its been years since i have been getting a lot of good deals thanks to CAG. Cheers! :beer:

Target mission valley mobile manager Jutin R is a db, don't expect any breaks on the target trade in promo. Game has to be in the system and be complete.

[quote name='gabolous']Target mission valley mobile manager Jutin R is a db, don't expect any breaks on the target trade in promo. Game has to be in the system and be complete.[/QUOTE]

Lol, try Grossmont. None of the big chain stores in MV let you bend any rules.

Best buy in MV does. This guy was on huGe power trip, I was gonna tell him to go fuck himself, but as I was checking out and said to myself, "don't wanna get flagged" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gabolous']Best buy in MV does. This guy was on hue power trip, I was gonna tell him to go fuck himself, but as I was checking out and said to myself, "don't wanna get flagged" :)[/QUOTE]

BBY in MV never lets me PM, and won't let me buy two copies of a game with two coupons... I usually just drive down to Grossmont instead of wasting my time.

[quote name='elessar123']BBY in MV never lets me PM, and won't let me buy two copies of a game with two coupons... I usually just drive down to Grossmont instead of wasting my time.[/QUOTE]

Don't you ever hit Neal up?! I go from chula vista to MV just for him!

Haven't done any trade ins at MV, but met Neal last year at SDCC ^^ Really nice guy!

Also, anyone else going to SDCC this year? I wonder how much bigger it's gonna be this year than last...

Was at Target Mission Valley earlier and they had the 2K Sports double Pack (MLB 2K12, NBA 2K12) for $20.98 and Red Faction Armageddon for $8.98. Both for 360. And a Ghost Recon game for PSP for $5.98.

Is anyone interested in a TvC arcade stick for the Wii? It's also compatible with the Wii U for the TTT2 fans. Has all stock parts except I replaced the washer with the hadoken motion. Didn't get much use so it's in good condition and comes with the original box.

bread's done
Back