Official San Diego Area CAG List

dam when i came home i saw that pioneer deal and i really wanted a surround system for cheap....
sigh spent about
$125(@BB)+$50(@OLDNAVY)+$95(SURROUND@WOOT) all yesterday my wallet hurts. and last weeks haul. unless ZELDA:TP is $15 i aint spending any more money for three weeks.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I know, but I didn't want to wait for it to ship so $25 is still good :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, the only difference would've been tax.

Amazon: $20 + $5 filler + FREE shipping = $25+

B&M: $25 + 7.75% tax = $26.94

[quote name='orimental']Actually, the only difference would've been tax.

Amazon: $20 + $5 filler + FREE shipping = $25+

B&M: $25 + 7.75% tax = $26.94[/QUOTE]
Well shit, I don't mind paying an extra dollar or 2 if I can get it B&M and avoid waiting for it to arrive.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Well shit, I don't mind paying an extra dollar or 2 if I can get it B&M and avoid waiting for it to arrive.[/QUOTE]

Totally. If the difference is $10 or greater, than yeah I'd probably be able to wait. Like, for example, how RB6:Vegas and Bioshock are on sale right now at Amazon. I'm saving what, $60+ by getting it there? Worth the extra week it'll take to get here. Which is what I'm doing even though I don't have a 360 yet. :p

[quote name='Furashu']anyone selling the following gamecube games?
Metroid 1&2, Mario Sunshine?[/QUOTE]
pm me an offer. mp2 is sealed. other two are complete sunshine is mint mp1 is good.

[quote name='MarkMan']A lot of my friends got the 46 inch Sharp Aquos for 1299, such a steal. I think the best TV deal during Black Friday!

I went to Fry's, it was madness...

I waited in line for FIVE hours from 7 AM until 12 noon... the CHECKOUT LINE... WTF!?

All I got was a stinkin' hard drive!

It was fun times though with my homies...

But for reals, I coulda went to Vegas in that time span or up and down to LA for some Roscoes... wtf.[/QUOTE]

MarkMan,

I've been talking to my wife about your Fry's trip. She doesn't believe me. You were actually in line for 5 hours, right? What was the deal? Did they not have all the registers open? How long was the line? I've been there during a pretty long line (past the freezer) and it usually goes fast. All I can say is that I'm glad I wasn't there.

Happy Holidays everyone!

It's true! 5 hours for CHECKOUT only... insane... The line wrapped around like crazy.

We started where the fridge/blenders were and snaked through each aisle going towards the entrance/computer area, then snaked around again towards where the TVs/camcorders were and then snaked through the misc stuff/DVD area aisles, and finally snaked one last time around the PC games area until reaching the registers.

7:07 AM until 12:04 PM. Luckily I was with 5 other people and we stayed in line doing shifts to keep us from going insane. There were 65 registers open btw.

[quote name='MarkMan']It's true! 5 hours for CHECKOUT only... insane... The line wrapped around like crazy.

We started where the fridge/blenders were and snaked through each aisle going towards the entrance/computer area, then snaked around again towards where the TVs/camcorders were and then snaked through the misc stuff/DVD area aisles, and finally snaked one last time around the PC games area until reaching the registers.

7:07 AM until 12:04 PM. Luckily I was with 5 other people and we stayed in line doing shifts to keep us from going insane. There were 65 registers open btw.[/QUOTE]

That is truly amazing. I didn't think it could ever get that bad...even with 65 registers open. That's crazy.

i wish it were HD DVD.

on a side note, i've been trying all day to snag that stupid Halo 3 Legendary Ed... no luck! people keep saying it's in-stock five minutes before i check, and i miss it every time! i've got about 20 minutes for it to magically come back.

I'm a long time customer at Luna Games... Treg owns the shop and is a good guy... the prices on the used games varies but he generally can throw in a good deal if you talk to him bout it... I don't go there for current/recent gen games though... But if you're into the classics he got those. :)

well pazx9 is sellin the games to me, so no need to go to luna right now...

DAMMIT i almost got zelda collectors ed and sunshine for $30 :( but the guy on craigslist sold his whole bundle... dam!

frys on stonecrest has the ps3 40gb for $339.99

get it pmed @ CC or BB get another 10% off LOL

thanks to zephie who i think is offline.

[quote name='Furashu']frys on stonecrest has the ps3 40gb for $339.99

get it pmed @ CC or BB get another 10% off LOL

thanks to zephie who i think is offline.
[/quote]
Sorry, but this was a misprint from about a month ago and this deal has been dead for some time now. The thread was bumped by someone with a beef against Frys.

just throwing this out there:

i went to the National City Circuit City, and of course, they had no COD4 in stock. they claimed they don't offer rainchecks -- anyone know if that's true? sounded weird to me.

anyway, screw them, i figured. i grabbed the CC ad and zipped over to BB, where they PM'd it, no problem. they also have plenty of copies on the floor (20+), so if anyone in the area wants this game at the 40-dollar price, BB is go.

[quote name='Furashu']im selling wii plays for $15 each unopened if anyone is interested.
just pm me.[/quote]

Just the game I assume?

Anyone know where I can find a PS3 60GB in the SD area? I checked a bunch of online and online versions of B&M stores (Amazon, Buy.com, Circuit City, Best Buy) and could not come up with anything. :(

[quote name='caverntan']Anyone know where I can find a PS3 60GB in the SD area? I checked a bunch of online and online versions of B&M stores (Amazon, Buy.com, Circuit City, Best Buy) and could not come up with anything. :([/quote]

did u call frys @ stonecrest boulevard?

did anyone get the 4gb san disk gaming memory for $20 at any CC?

[quote name='Furashu']did anyone get the 4gb san disk gaming memory for $20 at any CC?[/quote]

No go at the National City CC. I hope my luck is better when I hit up Grossmont tomorrow.

[quote name='zephie']No go at the National City CC. I hope my luck is better when I hit up Grossmont tomorrow.[/quote]

poop. ill probably try the one in clairemont

[quote name='zephie']No go at the National City CC. I hope my luck is better when I hit up Grossmont tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

If it works leave a couple for me! I'd really like one for myself and one to give to my brother for christmas. I wanted to try that store after I get out of class tomorrow, which isnt until 4:45.

Also when you say no go at National City, was that because they were out of stock or because the price didn't ring up?

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Also when you say no go at National City, was that because they were out of stock or because the price didn't ring up?[/quote]

Out of stock. The employees didn't even think they carried it.

I checked Grossmont after classes today and didn't find it. If anyone finds these in the general SD area let me know!

Edit: I take it back, looks like the deal is dead.

[quote name='MarkMan']Oh yea, SD, there is a new video game store in San Diego(Pacific Beach)!

Check it out...

http://www.ripten.com/2007/12/04/a-new-kind-of-game-store-interview-with-games-on-proprietor-andrew-urbanek/

It's in Pacific Beach...

It caters to current gen gaming/handhelds...

If you stop by tell em MarkMan sent ya!

Games ON!
953 Garnet Avenue
San Diego, CA 92109
858-272-4212

11AM - 8PM (closed Monday)[/quote]

Any deals or specials?
In other words any incentive for me to stop by.

edit: From the pic off that site, they sure tried to make everything pretty huh.
But i can care less how nice it looks if the prices are nothing special.
And as i read on that page they are not going to competitively price their games, they are relying solely on the stores appearance to draw us in... meh :/

anybody wanna buy my warhawk? i played it once lol. no headset. sell for $30.
the disc is brand new. i got it from my friend who i bought the ps3 from too.
just pm me. i wanna buy zelda for the wii lol

[quote name='supraazn']Any deals or specials?
In other words any incentive for me to stop by.

edit: From the pic off that site, they sure tried to make everything pretty huh.
But i can care less how nice it looks if the prices are nothing special.
And as i read on that page they are not going to competitively price their games, they are relying solely on the stores appearance to draw us in... meh :/[/quote]

Yeah, I'm willing to put up with below average service at stores like Circuit City and Gamestop if it saves me money. Unfortunately, the high rent and the excellent interior design won't help.

It's great that they're trying to mature how games are sold, but for that to happen, their consumers need to mature as well. And if you browse the other threads, you can see that isn't happenning any time soon. Still I hope that they're successful.

I do too... I'm hoping he starts selling import games because It's been so long since San Diego has had an import gaming store... There's 0 out there right now... So yea he'd suck my money up lol...

While it might not be a 'pro' for the CAG... it IS an alternative if you're payin retail for somethin... (But that doesn't happen too often).... Unless I really want a game day 1...

[quote name='MarkMan']I do too... I'm hoping he starts selling import games because It's been so long since San Diego has had an import gaming store... There's 0 out there right now... So yea he'd suck my money up lol...

While it might not be a 'pro' for the CAG... it IS an alternative if you're payin retail for somethin... (But that doesn't happen too often).... Unless I really want a game day 1...[/quote]

yea... but i must admit ... that is the most god damn beautiful game store i have ever seen.

as for imports ... online is still the best option .. even if there was local one in SD ... i think i would still stick with online.

[quote name='supraazn']yea... but i must admit ... that is the most god damn beautiful game store i have ever seen.[/quote]I second that. Maybe I'll swing by some time after finals.

There used to be an import game shop in National City I think. It was actually part of a comic book store I think.

Anyway, that new store looks like a cross between GameStop and Coach. Games, but in a chic, clean space. No thanks.

Yea for import games, online is the best way to go... if you KNOW what you want...

But I love going to import gaming stores for impulse buys...

That's just me though... maybe... lol

[quote name='MarkMan']Yea for import games, online is the best way to go... if you KNOW what you want...

But I love going to import gaming stores for impulse buys...

That's just me though... maybe... lol[/quote]

we should go open up a shop. have cheapy send us games and we all split the profits and call the store CAG Video Game Imports.

lol

bread's done
Back