Official San Diego Area CAG List

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']I'll grab you one if I remember. What are the codes for?[/QUOTE]

In-game items. Basically, every year at SDCC they have an exclusive item. Last year when I went they let me take three for people in my clan too, which was nice.

Edit:
Also, if multiple people manage to get me codes, I would be extremely happy. I wouldn't mind have a few to give out to clan mates in a contest of some sort.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xXTwilightXx']yay headed to SDCC!! i try n get some swagg for you guys.[/QUOTE]

This is what i got the last couple of days.

1279867723.jpg

1279867823.jpg

[quote name='dan13l858']This is what i got the last couple of days.

1279867723.jpg

1279867823.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:O SERVBOTS! Oh I must get one of those somehow... also the Lost Planet plushies are win. Sad I missed out on those from the kmart thing.

[quote name='carnage666']I am also looking for a Kingdom of Loathing code.If someone could help it would be great.[/QUOTE]

Hate these damn new-join 1-post beggars. >.> I should start talking in code so they don't google-fu this stuff.

Nice lewt dan. Haha, I was wondering what those orange hedgehog thingies were.

One question, are the 4 day passes for SDCC 2011 going to be sold? Or are they already all sold out.

Pre-reg booths were at the same place as last year. I went straight from the line to get my badge for this year to pre-reg for next year on Preview Night. Day(s) of Comic Con prices for a 4 day adult pass is $105.

hey guys, OT but im hoping you guys could point me to a good but not crazy expensive japanese restaurant. im not looking for a sushi bar, but the type that serves tempura and boats and that sort of stuff.

i want to take my kids too and i see some places are not recommended for children.

I just dont know where to look. ive never had much luck with reviews.

i appreciate it guys.

I've eaten once at Yakitori Yakyudor & Ramen and it was pretty good. Is relatively close to Comicon. It's slightly on the more expensive side, but it's not super expensive. The plus for me is that they have takoyaki. It was also very very busy, and a small place.

There's also a Japanese curry place (Curry House), but I'm not a huge fan of it.

And as for tempura, I don't usually order tempura, so I can't really tell you.

[quote name='elessar123']I've eaten once at Yakitori Yakyudor & Ramen and it was pretty good. Is relatively close to Comicon. It's slightly on the more expensive side, but it's not super expensive. The plus for me is that they have takoyaki. It was also very very busy, and a small place.
[/QUOTE]

Parking in the area is ... so so. i wouldnt call it near comic con- its not but if you're driving its a straight shot up 163 or take 5th ave all the way up. (163 to robinson ave, then u have to get on University ave and turn left on 6th)

I love this place because of the yakitori ... its just so awesome. I hadnt noticed any tempura however.

Free shwag is hard to get at this con. I scored a few t shirts. I have a couple of PSN and xbox live codes but the codes aren't for much good- Naturo (3 SD eps), a trueblood download and some other show... for XBL pickings are slim- those helmet codes are kind of weak. Namco has pacman lanyards but they are totally fucking stupid. Look, you want to give them out, demand people line up orderly. instead they turn it into a mass grab bag and then wonder why some kind nearly got stampeded. Every other booth does giveaways and doesn't seem to have that problem... simply telling people to "come back later" when you offer tickets or lanyards at 'random times' sucks.

[quote name='dan13l858']This is what i got the last couple of days.

1279867723.jpg

1279867823.jpg
[/QUOTE]

nice pick ups I shoulda went back down for SDCC i go to UCSD but oh well that slime shirt is sick

The xbox booth was very disappointing. All they gave away were those halo avatar helmets. Sony's booth was marginally better... free T shirts if you followed them on twitter, and free download codes for episodes of trueblood or naruto. I didnt notice Activition, Capcom or the other gaming areas offering any giveaways.

4 day passes with preview night are all sold out!

[quote name='h0mi']The xbox booth was very disappointing. All they gave away were those halo avatar helmets. Sony's booth was marginally better... free T shirts if you followed them on twitter, and free download codes for episodes of trueblood or naruto. I didnt notice Activition, Capcom or the other gaming areas offering any giveaways.

4 day passes with preview night are all sold out![/QUOTE]

I hate to break it to you but those disappointing halo avatar are going for like 50 bucks right now on Ebay.

[quote name='dan13l858']I hate to break it to you but those disappointing halo avatar are going for like 50 bucks right now on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Thats just insane. I still think its a lame giveaway.

[quote name='h0mi']Thats just insane. I still think its a lame giveaway.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, my friend just made 100 dollars so far on those giveaways.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']ah...nice ;)

are they really sold out for next year?[/QUOTE]

The 4 day pass with preview night sold out. I dont think the regular 4 day pass sold out yet, and they're not selling any more for the time being.

Never dawned on me to try to ebay some of this stuff. Im trying to ebay 1 of my halo codes now. Wish me luck. If I can sell 2 of them, ill post the third on here.... or rather I'll give it to a non lurker. Ditto a true blood episode 1 on PSN code I have

Naruto PSN code: PTD7-RAB7-TH5C

[quote name='The Chop Suey']dead rising shirts from capcom i was lucky i think and got a legit chainsaw one[/QUOTE]

Nice, i got three shirts (Bat,Shotgun,Sword). I don't think i got the chainsaw one but i've more contacts.

[quote name='h0mi']The 4 day pass with preview night sold out. I dont think the regular 4 day pass sold out yet, and they're not selling any more for the time being.

Never dawned on me to try to ebay some of this stuff. Im trying to ebay 1 of my halo codes now. Wish me luck. If I can sell 2 of them, ill post the third on here.... or rather I'll give it to a non lurker. Ditto a true blood episode 1 on PSN code I have

Naruto PSN code: PTD7-RAB7-TH5C[/QUOTE]

They probably sold their allotment of tickets (for the Comic Con show only) for 4 Day/Preview night passes but there was a very huge line this year so i won't be surprise if it's gone already.

[quote name='dan13l858']Nice, i got three shirts (Bat,Shotgun,Sword). I don't think i got the chainsaw one but i've more contacts.[/QUOTE]

I have a slaughterhouse, slime, or legendary pictures I'd gladly trade you for your least favorite dead rising shirt ^^

I've never been to Comic Con, but my wife has now gone three years in a row (counting this year). I always feel bad that she ends up going some of the days by herself, so I suggested she buy me a ticket when she gets hers. I'll probably chicken out and not go, but at least I have the option now.

I went to E3 6 or 7 years in a row and the crowds were deplorable. I can just imagine Comic Con.

[quote name='allyourblood']I've never been to Comic Con, but my wife has now gone three years in a row (counting this year). I always feel bad that she ends up going some of the days by herself, so I suggested she buy me a ticket when she gets hers. I'll probably chicken out and not go, but at least I have the option now.

I went to E3 6 or 7 years in a row and the crowds were deplorable. I can just imagine Comic Con.[/QUOTE]

I've been every year for the past 8 years now. Each year has been progressively more crowded, but I've finally begun to plan out what I'm going to aim to do each day (panels, pictures, freebies, shop). Don't get me wrong, not every day is solely that activity, but those are the main focuses.

the crowds are nuts, but with something as popular as SDCC or any big convention, it's to be expected. I just try to be patient and respectful of the exibitors and other patrons. Things usually work out. Plus the free stuff is always awesome! (I won a Stan Lee autographed MUA:2 poster! ^^)

[quote name='supermodestmouse']I have a slaughterhouse, slime, or legendary pictures I'd gladly trade you for your least favorite dead rising shirt ^^[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i got the Slaughterhouse and Slime shirt too. Ha, i'm a big Capcom fan so i won't be trading the DR2 shirts. I was trying to get all of the shirts this year.

[quote name='allyourblood']I've never been to Comic Con, but my wife has now gone three years in a row (counting this year). I always feel bad that she ends up going some of the days by herself, so I suggested she buy me a ticket when she gets hers. I'll probably chicken out and not go, but at least I have the option now.

I went to E3 6 or 7 years in a row and the crowds were deplorable. I can just imagine Comic Con.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprise she doesn't buy you a ticket each year. Yeah, the crowds are bigger than E3 but it's still a lot of fun. Yeah, i've been going to E3 since 2002.

[quote name='dan13l858']I'm surprise she doesn't buy you a ticket each year. Yeah, the crowds are bigger than E3 but it's still a lot of fun. Yeah, i've been going to E3 since 2002.[/QUOTE]

She asks every year, but I always say no. I actually stopped going to E3 back around 2005 because a bunch of my friends weren't in a position to get into the show anymore, and I wasn't about to drive up to LA by myself (boring).

I'm sure it'll be one of those things where I hate the idea, but once I'm there I'll have fun. Plus, my wife is horrible at seeking out freebies. I'll have to take matters into my own hands. :lol:

[quote name='dan13l858']They probably sold their allotment of tickets (for the Comic Con show only) for 4 Day/Preview night passes but there was a very huge line this year so i won't be surprise if it's gone already.[/QUOTE]

Typically they sell 4 day passes at the con... they don't usually sell 1 day passes but this year they did. After the con, no passes will be sold until they update the web site and that's usually around September when they start selling passes again. I expect 4 day passes to be gone quickly even if they're non preview night passes.

Were non preview night people able to get their passes on Wednesday? I dont want to wait till thursday to get my pass but I thought I had to...

[quote name='h0mi']Typically they sell 4 day passes at the con... they don't usually sell 1 day passes but this year they did. After the con, no passes will be sold until they update the web site and that's usually around September when they start selling passes again. I expect 4 day passes to be gone quickly even if they're non preview night passes.

Were non preview night people able to get their passes on Wednesday? I dont want to wait till thursday to get my pass but I thought I had to...[/QUOTE]

Ya, non preview night people could get their passes at an off site location only on Wednesday. However, it was only for all 4 day passes and Thursday 1 day passes.

I will say, if anyone feels generous and has a spare helmet code.. I'd gladly take one for a friend. (Not a huge Halo fan myself, but I try to look out for people.)

Also, if anyone picked up Kingdom of Loathing codes that doesn't play/isn't interested.. I'll gladly take them off your hands! :D

I'm hoping to go to SDCC again in 2012.. I would go next year, but I go with my father who lives in Los Angeles, and next year he plans to go to Europe I believe, which kills my SDCC plan. :/

ps word of advice idk know if they are going to change it but my friend had a non preview night badge the only difference was the literally printed a PN on your badge that being said the oblivious guards did not care he went in lol

Figures. They were going for $20+ yesterday and today... mine went unsold. Am asking for $10 now, heh.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']ps word of advice idk know if they are going to change it but my friend had a non preview night badge the only difference was the literally printed a PN on your badge that being said the oblivious guards did not care he went in lol[/QUOTE]

according to the web site, if you didnt have PN access, you could not pick up your badge until thursday. I dont know how strict they were about enforcement but it would suck to wait in lines for an hour only to be turned away on Wednesday.

[quote name='georox']I will say, if anyone feels generous and has a spare helmet code.. I'd gladly take one for a friend. (Not a huge Halo fan myself, but I try to look out for people.)

Also, if anyone picked up Kingdom of Loathing codes that doesn't play/isn't interested.. I'll gladly take them off your hands! :D

I'm hoping to go to SDCC again in 2012.. I would go next year, but I go with my father who lives in Los Angeles, and next year he plans to go to Europe I believe, which kills my SDCC plan. :/[/QUOTE]

I think I have one somewhere in my bag if I remember correctly, send me a PM if you want it. I'll look in a little while.

Just got back from CV and SY Kmarts. Both are out of $20 PSN cards (unfortunately I took last 3, sorry). Chaining the cards together does work i.e. one card per transaction to get the $10 coupon. However both stores have a some $50 cards with the $20 coupon.

CV kmart had a couple DJ Hero bundles (PS3) which are supposed to be $39.99 clearance.

I've a week-long business trip to San Diego approaching quickly (Little Italy area). I'll be tied up in training sessions until 5pm each day, but I'm considering going to the SD Zoo in the evening(s). Any recommendations on how I can get a better deal than $37/day or $70/2days?

I promise not to raid your retail stores while I'm there.

[quote name='eugaet']I've a week-long business trip to San Diego approaching quickly (Little Italy area). I'll be tied up in training sessions until 5pm each day, but I'm considering going to the SD Zoo in the evening(s). Any recommendations on how I can get a better deal than $37/day or $70/2days?

I promise not to raid your retail stores while I'm there.[/QUOTE]

They close around 8 don't they? An annual pass might work for you if you go got a few hours a day, and it's tax deductible.

Website says 9pm. Thought about the annual membership, but the cheapest one for me (since I live out of the area) is $250.

I may actually check craigslist...

my friends from out of town wanted an impromptu trip and we found passes that were expiring that day for $10. costco also has a pretty decent deal i think (the ones in sd that is)

[quote name='eugaet']Website says 9pm. Thought about the annual membership, but the cheapest one for me (since I live out of the area) is $250.

I may actually check craigslist...[/QUOTE]

Oh right, I forgot there's a discount for residents. I don't have any passes left, but I do have an annual membership that came with coupons, but you're probably better off getting them off craigslist.

bread's done
Back