Official San Francisco Bay Area CAG List

LeafPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Since the Southern CA Thread is up, I figured it might be a good idea to post a thread for the locals of the Bay Area. Maybe we can do some face-to-face trades, make posts of inventory in various local stores, post any local sales, etc.

Send me a PM and I will put your name on the list below (PM's are easier for me to keep track of everyone). I will send you a confirmation when I put your name on the list.:

Those that currently reside in the bay area
Xevious- Berkeley, CA
Freshwillis - Oakland, CA
trytej- Novato, CA
Murcielago77 - Novato, CA
62t - Hayward
dino3333- San Leandro
Oktoberfest- South San Jose
Over easy- Davis, CA
Kayday - Oakland
judyjudyjudy - San Jose
vietgurl- Berkeley
PaP3rKuT -Oakland
SOSTrooper - Berkeley
XCutioner93 - Daly City
vdawg5 -San Francisco (Frequents Berkeley)
simgizshad - San Jose
soulyogurt- San Rafael (Works in Vallejo)
humidore- San Mateo
Viperx116 - San Francisco
invinceable104 - San Francisco, CA
HERETOSTAY - Hayward
CouRageouS - Alameda
Orga- San Jose
kristianator- Santa Rosa
BrerDan - San Jose
rudeboie - San Jose
dieless - Castro Valley
woolsey11 - Santa Rosa
BaZoOKajOe - San Jose
ajaxmojo - Campbell (works in Sunnyvale)
dude2003 - Oakland
Andrigaar- San Francisco/Martinez
oxidative- Napa (works in Vallejo)
praystation - Daly City
whiteboy - San Bruno
Larson - San Jose
j-fever - Sunnyvale
Missingdata- San Francisco (goes to school in San Jose)
beguile - Davis (Visits San Francisco during the weekends)
Rusty Ghia - Pleasanton
magic toilet- Cupertino
asianxcore- Novato
Phoenix_Rogue - Union City
masterchief066 - Union City
weedofwisdom - Richmond (works in Berkeley)
KiySeph - San Jose (works in Santa Clara)
Mospeada_21 - San Jose/Santa Clara
CounterSeal - San Francisco
spider24 - Novato, CA
expane - Daly City, CA
stainremover - Berkeley/Cal
martin8me - South San Francisco
kiyoshi67 - Concord
chunga - El Cerrito
Sn0brawler - Pleasanton
toolverine - Fremont
rendil - Morgan Hill
tipp007 - Pacifica
jazzyjas7 - Mountain View (works in San Mateo)
GD-Man - San Jose (goes to school in UC Berkeley)
Mr. Bungo - Albany (Works in Berkeley)
Bootymastr (jasonthemc) - San Leandro
Nachdiddlyacho - Vallejo
wizard341 - Palo Alto
photopants - Oakland (Work in Walnut Creek
Collect Vintage Games)
Darkyoshi1-Milpitas
sinewav - San Jose
grimlock49 - San Jose
sr20det - San Francisco
T3kN- Santa Rosa
SCUD4LIFE- Daly City
Renzo_ - San Francisco
EastBayAnt - Alameda
eliter1 - Santa Cruz
Batmonkey -Morgan Hill
Scumchummery - Alameda (works in Downtown Oakland)
abcbadcat- San Jose
Pr0JectNymPh0! - Pittsburg
joserjerr - Cupertino
jello00 - San Francisco
sonicsam - Watsonville
Civickid96 - Sunnyvale/Tracy
Mr. Beef - Daly City
metaly - Portola Valley (works in Palo Alto)
jpc168 - San Leandro (school UC Berkeley)
imamanwithaplan - Albany
gotrice415510 - San Rafael
freakyzeeky - Oakland
filanime03 - Daly City
peteaboda1 - Mill Valley
Belgand - San Francisco
BlackBradPitt - San Francisco
mysticeden - Hayward
carbogo - Daly City
Kali Bear Man - San Francisco
Chocoburger - Albany
CarlosX360 - San Mateo, CA
polizia - Willits
chronodev - San Francisco
nem2k2 - San Jose, work in Cupertino
Dorgon - Oakland
dkl415- San Francisco (Richmond district)
Superchivo - San Bruno
SLACKBAKK - San Jose
Donholio - Boulder Creek in the Santa Cruz Mountains
Friscodude- Daly City
playing mantis - Rohnert Park, CA (next to Santa Rosa)
Nam - Sunnyvale (I go to school in merced but I go back a lot)
nakedninja - San Francisco (xbox 360: asenseofmadness)
Bomfy - Santa Cruz
lightzout - San Rafael
Xaliqen - Los Altos
DrunknIronRabit - Concord
Chinese_cuisine - San Leandro
HARDCOREJRM - Alameda
goengland - Santa Clara
Pained Auron - Concord
Zeeman - Berkeley (works in SF)
Zero_Kirby - San Jose
aleraiders - Pittsburg
Dakinggamer - Martinez
vanilleslegs - Vallejo, CA
King Pluto - SF (SOMA)
LeafPanda - SF
subtek- Oakland (works in SF)
krazyazn01 - San Jose
RawrrSlayer - Vallejo,CA
w00tJames - San Jose,CA
Mafoofoo - Sunnyvale/Cupertino Area
Spanky - Pinole

List of Folks who are from the Bay Area but they live somewhere else
ph33r m3
Redeema
Zoglog

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='koji126']What import shops are around here besides Play and Trade? I think there's a Play and Trade in Saratoga too. I was also told there's some import shop near Silver Creek, but I have no idea what the name of the store is.[/QUOTE]

Two of the big Import shops in the Bay Area closed up shop in the last couple years.

Network Video in Burlingame, closed it's doors a couple years ago. When ownership changed the hours because erratic (sometimes employees not showing up until 2 hours after posted Opening signs) and they were rarely getting in any new items. There were rumors going on to why they were not getting new Import Games or why the shop was in trouble, but I won't share that here.

User's Side in San Jose off Saratoga was a lot smaller but they carried Import Games as well as Consoles. They closed their doors I believe earlier this Summer. They moved their entire operation online as well as keeping the general B&M focus at their B&M store in Akihabara.

it reads 69 degrees but it feels like it's getting fucking hotter as the night goes along... Although it doesn't help having my fucking heater of an xbox on too...

^ I have a Falcon but I tend to keep my 360 off when it gets hot - no so much for my comfort as for its longevity. Tempt not the red ring...

[quote name='gantt']^ I have a Falcon but I tend to keep my 360 off when it gets hot - no so much for my comfort as for its longevity. Tempt not the red ring...[/QUOTE]

I do the same, but also because my room is so humid :/ So when I turn the Xbox on, it gets even worse.

Normally, I'd agree. Also not that it helps any. (still RROD once now)

p1010004ghni0.jpg

^ ha, too funny - or sad, or both. Still, not sure what's on the right side, but it looks like kind of a confined space above the 360. A short wire shelf to get it off the floor would be good, too. And I'd be concerned about that fan blowing dust inside, which would create additional thermal issues.

BTW I love the backdrop of the PS3 box, as if it's saying, "I *am* the solution to this problem."

[quote name='uhoh_evo']anyone going to the Embacadero showing of Uncharted 2 on the 5th?[/QUOTE]

I'm extremely tempted to go... But, i'm not sure if it's really going to be worth it. It sounds like we basically get to pay about $15 or so, to play the demo which is being released (if it hasn't already) on the PS3 (next week?).

And according to their website, it's on the 6th, not the 5th.

[quote name='Zantra']I'm extremely tempted to go... But, i'm not sure if it's really going to be worth it. It sounds like we basically get to pay about $15 or so, to play the demo which is being released (if it hasn't already) on the PS3 (next week?).

And according to their website, it's on the 6th, not the 5th.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. People have been asking Sony to confirm that the event on the 6th will have the same features as the "VIP" event on the 5th, but Sony is MIA:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...ong-thieves-on-the-big-screen/comment-page-3/

I'm definitely not paying $15 if Naughty Dog developers aren't going to be there, not to mention schwag, food and/or prizes.

These events have been extremely poorly managed, compared to the "old days" of PlayStation Store events at the Metreon. For example, at the Resistance 2 event, there were multiple people from Insomniac (including the CEO), signed posters, a discount on the LE - and NO admission fee.

[quote name='Zantra']I'm extremely tempted to go... But, i'm not sure if it's really going to be worth it. It sounds like we basically get to pay about $15 or so, to play the demo which is being released (if it hasn't already) on the PS3 (next week?).

And according to their website, it's on the 6th, not the 5th.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gantt']I'm in the same boat. People have been asking Sony to confirm that the event on the 6th will have the same features as the "VIP" event on the 5th, but Sony is MIA:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...ong-thieves-on-the-big-screen/comment-page-3/

I'm definitely not paying $15 if Naughty Dog developers aren't going to be there, not to mention schwag, food and/or prizes.

These events have been extremely poorly managed, compared to the "old days" of PlayStation Store events at the Metreon. For example, at the Resistance 2 event, there were multiple people from Insomniac (including the CEO), signed posters, a discount on the LE - and NO admission fee.[/QUOTE]

Try checking out the Playstation Lifestyle site. I believe it was there that they mentioned the 5th was sold out and started giving details about the 6th.

From what I remember:
Food
Raffle prizes (including the Hunter's Edition)
Multiplayer tournament with prizes (including Hunter's Edition)
Gift bags
And whatever they decide to show on the big screen

All free

Only difference I would think there'd be is the giftbags but I'm not sure. I didn't know that ppl going on the 6th would need to pay. I got my tickets for the 5th and wanted to possibly make some new CAG friends cuz my cousin wasn't gonna be able to make it and I didn't wanna show up by myself. If there's giftbags for the 6th i'd think it'd still be worth it along with the experience. But the $15 does make it less appealing...

Hey guys...I just went over to the GameCrazy on Mckee Rd. in San Jose (Capital Square location). I talked to Steve, the store manager, and found out that only his location and Los Gatos will stay open. All other locations in the district/region/whatever will be closing. Specifically, Silver Creek, El Camino, Blossom Hill, Story Road and Capitola. Those were the only ones that he and I named out loud, so I'm not sure about anything further out.

I hope this helps.

[quote name='krazyazn01']Hey guys...I just went over to the GameCrazy on Mckee Rd. in San Jose (Capital Square location). I talked to Steve, the store manager, and found out that only his location and Los Gatos will stay open. All other locations in the district/region/whatever will be closing. Specifically, Silver Creek, El Camino, Blossom Hill, Story Road and Capitola. Those were the only ones that he and I named out loud, so I'm not sure about anything further out.

I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list. Sucks that the Silver Creek one is closing down cause that was the closest one one to me and the employees there were generally nice.

[quote name='TheRock88']Thanks for the list. Sucks that the Silver Creek one is closing down cause that was the closest one one to me and the employees there were generally nice.[/QUOTE]

I used to work at that location for awhile, so it sucks to see it closing.

I'm moving from San Francisco to the east coast, so I have a bunch of stuff priced to move:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/vgm/1404749502.html

First CAG to show up can claim 7 free strategy guides:

lord of the rings the third age
need for speed underground 2
ratchet& clank: up your arsenal
mechassault 2 lone wolf
need for speed most wanted
jax X combat racing + dvd
matrix: path of neo

phone #'s in the craigslist ad.

Has anyone found a 7-11 in the East Bay or San Francisco that is currently doing the 50% off deal? I want to snag Batman for $30!

anyone find any RE5 limited guide in the Southbay.. I must have hit all the Best Buy in the San Jose area and no luck.

[quote name='Zeeman']Has anyone found a 7-11 in the East Bay or San Francisco that is currently doing the 50% off deal? I want to snag Batman for $30![/QUOTE]

7-11 has a 50% thang going on?? explain!

As I watch this, part of my brain is horrified. The other part keeps commanding my fingers to press the X, O and triangle buttons to execute a jump attack with a roundhouse finish.

I saw this vid when it was first posted but the "Rumble in Chinatown" and other captions crack me up; almost as much as when my friend and I saw this on the news.

i dk of any but best bet is to call all the ones you're willing to go to and ask to speak directly to the customer service manager. worked for me. managers are more willing to make sales than supervisors are.

[quote name='koji126']I say you just do the buy 2 get 1 free deal on Amazon, if it's still running. No tax, free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I would, but amazon deal doesn't include Brutal Legend or Uncharted 2. And all TRU near me are OOS of them ...

anyone looking to trade for NHL 10 for NBA 2K10?????

i got NHL 10 (brand new...unopened) and another one these games i own...

games i own (that i want to give away)

endwar
rainbow six 1 and 2
bioshock
burnout paradise
msg 4
rockband 1 or 2
rockband track pack vol 2
Simpsons
motorstorm
lost
hawx

watch out for a common senseLESS supervisors and managers....(employees are cool)

TRU Pleasant Hill, CA

on friday i went to the pleasant hill, ca TRU because my local one (pittsburg) didnt have nba2k10....and tried exchanging NHL 10 for NBA 2k10...after an employee (cool)and after a supervisor (annoying, rude, bitchy, etc...) i spoke to a manager (kinda cool, but stuck to his toysrus bible)...and he told me that i couldnt exchange my free game (NHL 10) for NBA2k10...(i was told when i bought these games that it doesnt matter which game is free....as long as u have ur reciept)...anyways...the manager was tellin me they cant exchange a 0 value game for NBA 2k10....i told them that nhl 10 and nba 2k10...are both 59.99....so there like...we cant give u a 60 dollar game for free...(inside i exploded)...i said...."isnt that the sale ur having???"....basically the manager was fumbling around trying to just say i cant exchange the game....he was explaining me his video game policy....blah blah...dancing around...with both games at the counter and told me..."u cant get this game free (pointing at nba2k10)"....and i said...."well if i buy another 2 games...i can get that one free"....he didnt even know what to say....the employee was trying to figure something out...she said..."he can bring back all three games (uncharted 2 i opened) and exchange those 2 games and get the new one and keep the one u already opened"....im like..."hell yea"...anyways the manager wasnt even trying to figure something out for me....he was figuring whatever he can to get out this situation...

anyways i went back to my local TRU (pittsburg) and the manager was real cool....took my name and number down and will call when they get nba2k10....

Anyone have any luck with the buy 2 get 1 free glitch at their local Best Buy? I'm looking for Borderlands, Uncharted 2, Tekken 6, and Batman for PS3.

glitch works i heard in pittsburg and santa rosa BB's

i heard in pittsburg

and i heard it worked in santa rosa

Last edited by a moderator:
well just tried at mccarthy and the first game rang up free
They didn't have any Rock Revo or any other game I felt was worth the trip anyway so I just got 3x Demon's Souls so maybe that was the problem...*shrug*

Oh well I was bummed TRU didn't have DS during their B2G1 anyway so it all worked out fine in the end.

[quote name='daphatty']Anyone have links to the Bay Area Fry's Black Friday ad?[/QUOTE]
I don't even want to think about that place on BF...Palo Alto Fry's is depressing on a normal day. On BF I can only imagine the chaos when the crazies come out (in greater numbers)...

I attended BF at Sunnyvale Fry's about 4 years ago. Line wrapped around the building when the store opened and I still got my deals. I'm not planning on going but I could be persuaded. :)

[quote name='daphatty']Anyone have links to the Bay Area Fry's Black Friday ad?[/QUOTE]

I have the hard copy in front of me. I don't see any game deals listed.

Has anyone been to the EA Sports Active store? I was driving by and saw it. I can't really imagine them selling anything else other than just the EA Sports Active game...

[quote name='Over easy']Has anyone been to the EA Sports Active store? I was driving by and saw it. I can't really imagine them selling anything else other than just the EA Sports Active game...[/QUOTE]

Walked by a couple of times. Saw people in EA Sports Active uniforms, people doing some exercises. Not a Wii guy. I didn't go in.

bread's done
Back