Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='josh62488']was there PS3 games on clearence too?[/QUOTE]

There were a few but nothing of interest to me. However, the associate who rang me out said he had a lot more games a few days earlier when the sale began.

[quote name='typical guy']I wonder if the SHC crew is responsible.[/QUOTE]
No, first I've heard of it. I try not to poke my head in here for obvious reasons (i.e. Kmart clearance thread boot).

[quote name='czissis']They still have plenty of games for regular price and the associate said this is a normal removal of older merchandise.[/QUOTE]
Transformers: War For Cybertron isn't that old of a game though.

[quote name='czissis']It was definitely YMMV. The associate said that they clear out the game cases for new stuff 'about twice a year'. I checked two other stores in the area and didn't see anything similar. In fact, I saw many of the games I bought at full price.[/QUOTE]

Nothing a return/rebuy to the store you got the goodies at wouldn't fix. :lol:

[quote name='czissis']It was definitely YMMV. The associate said that they clear out the game cases for new stuff 'about twice a year'. I checked two other stores in the area and didn't see anything similar. In fact, I saw many of the games I bought at full price.

They still have plenty of games for regular price and the associate said this is a normal removal of older merchandise.

No sign and everything rang up as the advertised price.

A receipt to show off the goods.
http://yfrog.com/n3screenshot20100830at953p [/QUOTE]
I wasn't getting at pics or it didn't happen or anything.:)

The things I asked about are just some of the indicators of YMMVness, which you totally answered within this post. The pic was helpful, too, as I suspect the "MDS" on most lines represents a manager's sale of some sort. Note a couple items are CLR which is the normal clearance indicator. Good score, man.

So what's the deal with confoosius anyway? Is that a permanent ban? What did he and estabon do to get the hammer anyway?

[quote name='jdawgg76']I wasn't getting at pics or it didn't happen or anything.:)

The things I asked about are just some of the indicators of YMMVness, which you totally answered within this post. The pic was helpful, too, as I suspect the "MDS" on most lines represents a manager's sale of some sort. Note a couple items are CLR which is the normal clearance indicator. Good score, man.

So what's the deal with confoosius anyway? Is that a permanent ban? What did he and estabon do to get the hammer anyway?[/QUOTE]

No worries. I just wanted to post the receipt in case anyone had any more questions about the way it was rung up or anything.

[quote name='jdawgg76']So what's the deal with confoosius anyway? Is that a permanent ban? What did he and estabon do to get the hammer anyway?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know if somebody else knows, along with Fire_Thief. :lol:

[quote name='jdawgg76']The things I asked about are just some of the indicators of YMMVness, which you totally answered within this post. The pic was helpful, too, as I suspect the "MDS" on most lines represents a manager's sale of some sort. Note a couple items are CLR which is the normal clearance indicator. Good score, man.[/QUOTE]

Yep the MDS means someone went onto the SNC (handheld units which are in reality just a website that can be accessed in store on many smartphones, including my iPhone) and changed the retail price manually. Items will get MRN'd which means they get returned to the manufacturer for a small credit ala penny guides.

Some managers will manually mark them down to the MRN value to save the trouble of sending them back, as sending them back requires an MCA associate to find and mark them all and place them in the back. Then the manager must double check them all against the MRN request list, then bring them to RTV who again inventories them all , packages them up and sends them out.

I stopped by the closest Sears to me the last time I passed it and they had a special table with pink tagged items being an extra 50% off of their marked price. Getting everything to ring up correctly took a little bit of time and patience(of which I had plenty of since the rest of my family was still clothes shopping).

---Xbox 360---
NHL 08 - $3.49
NBA 2K9 - $3.49
Too Human - $3.49

---Games I Saw---
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008 - Xbox 360: $3.49, PS2: $1.49

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'd like to know if somebody else knows, along with Fire_Thief. :lol:[/QUOTE]Fire_Thief got banned, too? Who's gonna scour the net for semi-deals on crappy N64 games from dubious websites?

Luckily, I only got a one week ban. Apparently it was for insulting another user. I'm not actually sure which one though. Although I am ashamed to be lumped together with Estebon and Fire_Thief. That's just wrong. I've got to keep my mouth in check. Which means I can't respond to all the people talking shit about me while I was gone. ;)

Also, luckily I missed out on zero deals while I was gone. The only one that was good is the Space Invaders Extreme 2 for $5. That's an absolute steal.

[quote name='confoosious']Luckily, I only got a one week ban. Apparently it was for insulting another user. I'm not actually sure which one though. Although I am ashamed to be lumped together with Estebon and Fire_Thief. That's just wrong. I've got to keep my mouth in check. Which means I can't respond to all the people talking shit about me while I was gone. ;)

Also, luckily I missed out on zero deals while I was gone. The only one that was good is the Space Invaders Extreme 2 for $5. That's an absolute steal.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget kdog or what ever his name was, he was really annoying.

I stopped Sears today to see if there were any cheap games even worth picking up, but I couldn't find anything. I was hoping there was somehow a manager's special and get PoP:Forgotten Sands for cheap like a CAG had posted recently.

Instead, I noticed that those lazy Sears electronics dept. employees didn't bother putting back :wii: Super Smash Brothers Brawl into the glass case after a customer returned or didn't want to buy it. Since that store's employees tend to wander or chat in a group in another area of the store, someone tore off the plastic wrap even managing to rip the cover art and STOLE the game. So, there is a mangled SSMB case with manual and Nintendo points card sitting in the cardboard bargain bin. There is another copy of SSMB still sealed sitting on the regular shelves. I wonder how long before someone rips that open and takes the game disc.

I wonder how many games Sears actually sells and how many are stolen regularly?

Yeah, I miss those awesome Sears clearance drops :cry:

[quote name='jdawgg76']Are we looking at tomorrow or next Friday for the next drop?[/QUOTE]

I'm confused on this too jdawgg. It was the first friday of the month I always thought, but last month I think it was the second.

Wasn't it on the 6th last month which was the first Friday? I think you're thinking of July when Friday was on the second. Sometimes it seems that if the first Friday is one of the first few days of the month, they do drops on the second one. I'm pretty sure it DID happen on June 4th which was the first Friday that month. Any clarification from an insider on the date or would that get someone ousted? Don't want that happening to anybody just so we know when to flock to Sears.

BTW, sorry to hear what happened to you Ferant. That seems extreme to me.

If the Friday was on the 2nd, I would say it is next week (the 9th).

If the Friday was on the 4th, I would say the 4th is the drop.

The Friday landing on the 3rd is the only date I can't remmeber a previous drop on, but I don't remember a drop ever being on a double digit date (the 10th).

Edit: The last time there was a Friday on the 3rd of the month, it was July 2009, and there was no drop that month.

So I wonder what the games are going to drop in price this time. What magical number of suckitude it's going to be. It doesn't matter anyway for me since everything decent was snapped up at $5-10 around here.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So I wonder what the games are going to drop in price this time. What magical number of suckitude it's going to be. It doesn't matter anyway for me since everything decent was snapped up at $5-10 around here.:roll:[/QUOTE]

$1 in July, $2 in August, $3 this month maybe? I also hope the older games drop, I scanned some games a few weeks ago and a few were at the same price as July.

They really need to add some new clearance games but at this point I hope it is after the holidays since if new games get added to the clearance cycle, they'll get bought up by buyers on Black Friday or in December with parents looking for cheap games before they get to a really good price.

I think my Sears have updated the Sept clearance schedule today. Most items at my store have the Aug pink stickers, but the prices are lower...and they're craptacular. Small incremental drops, such as :

$22.97 are now $17.97
$16.97 are now $14.97
$2.97 are now $1.97

and so forth....

Hence, I believe most Sears will drop tm. I did not spot any new clearance stuff on hand after scanning most of the bin, sorry.

May be time to finally snatch a Wii Nyko Wireless Receiver thingy. I think they're 7 or 8 now so an anticipated 2 or 3 more bucks off makes it pretty decent. Mine worked well until it fell of the wallmounted tv onto a table and then suddenly didn't.

[quote name='zpoor17']Anybody actually go to sears today to check for any price drops?[/QUOTE]

Not worth my time or gas money!

^^I second that. Everything in my area gets usually bought at the $9.97 price point. I did see a giant 50 cent sale tag for PS2 Soul Calibur 3 earlier this week.

PS3 NHL 08 2.97 No Drop
360 Wolfenstein 10.97 Drop?
Wii Nyko Wireless Sensor 4.97 was 6.97
Rock band drum sticks 1.97 was 2.97

Saw a bunch of Wii and Rock band accessories that had dropped a buck or two.

I went to Sears today to snag the last copy of Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. It was 9.97 (down from 11.97 last month).

Took 3 months for that bad boy to drop $5 to the price I was waiting on after starting out at $15 (IIRC) on the clearance cycle, I was lucky it sat around and didn't get bought being marked with the right price.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']anybody see anything new hit the clearence bin?[/QUOTE]

Scanned a bunch of stuff but couldn't find anything new for clearance :cry:

I had some time to kill and went to the Cookeville, TN Sears to search around the game bin. Nada. I actually found one of the games from two months ago that WAS 3.97 marked back up to 9.97, lol. They had some new games in the bin, but they were all 14.99/19.99. I will say that it appeared they may have been in the process of putting some new prices on the game. The thing which holds the price stickers was sitting on top of the games. I never got a chance to ask someone about it because for the first time ever, there wasn't a huge group of employees with nothing to do at the tv section.

[quote name='Mastastic']I had some time to kill and went to the Cookeville, TN Sears to search around the game bin. Nada. I actually found one of the games from two months ago that WAS 3.97 marked back up to 9.97, lol. They had some new games in the bin, but they were all 14.99/19.99. I will say that it appeared they may have been in the process of putting some new prices on the game. The thing which holds the price stickers was sitting on top of the games. I never got a chance to ask someone about it because for the first time ever, there wasn't a huge group of employees with nothing to do at the tv section.[/QUOTE]

They probably moved over the major appliance area with the fridges and stuff.. gives them a little more cover to stand around. :D

found

Motorstorm PR for 3.97

talk to the CSR and she say there boxes full of clearance game in the back but they will only bring a few out each time so i wont buy them all. i meant so the hoarder wont buy them all

[quote name='NipPicker']found

Motorstorm PR for 3.97

talk to the CSR and she say there boxes full of clearance game in the back but they will only bring a few out each time so i wont buy them all. i meant so the hoarder wont buy them all[/QUOTE]

El Hoardo reveals his true identity!?!?

I went back to the one Sears today that I previously scored a bunch of clearance games from in the past and I scanned the following games:

:ps3:Tom Clancy's Hawx-$6.97
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Rainbox Six Vegas 2-$14.97(was $16.97 last month)

I ended up picking up:

:wii: A Boy & His Blob-$3.97-one of the snaps that holds the disc in place was busted in the case, so I had to open it and swap it for an empty case I had lying around

But this was after I had to bother the ONE guy in electronics actually doing any real work. He was already helping a couple trying to decide on a TV. Meanwhile his fellow co-workers were being the typical Sears employees I'm used to and being lazy by the one tv. They were watching ESPN like a bunch of fuckin' zombies and bullshitting about how 'so n so is good but blah blah blah'. Typical sports junkie garbage that I couldn't care less about.

When the guy who was helping me pointed out that he was the only one doing any work, the one guy begrudgingly moaned and asked for the keys. But by that time the guy helping me was already at the right case and helping me get the game.

At which point lazy ass grabbed the game and went to ring me out, but then groaned even more once he realized the nearest register to his social club was broken and he'd have to ring me out at another register.:roll:

I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY tempted to call the store tomorrow in the daytime, ask for a manager and get everyone but the hard working guy in deep shit for being a bunch of lazy fucks on company time.

Before I forget, the following also dropped to the following prices(pretty much good prices if you just want spare cases):

:psp: Loco Roco 2-$.50
:ps3::360:Rock Revolution-$.50

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I went back to the one Sears today that I previously scored a bunch of clearance games from in the past and I scanned the following games:

:ps3:Tom Clancy's Hawx-$6.97
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Rainbox Six Vegas 2-$14.97(was $16.97 last month)

I ended up picking up:

:wii: A Boy & His Blob-$3.97-one of the snaps that holds the disc in place was busted in the case, so I had to open it and swap it for an empty case I had lying around

But this was after I had to bother the ONE guy in electronics actually doing any real work. He was already helping a couple trying to decide on a TV. Meanwhile his fellow co-workers were being the typical Sears employees I'm used to and being lazy by the one tv. They were watching ESPN like a bunch of fuckin' zombies and bullshitting about how 'so n so is good but blah blah blah'. Typical sports junkie garbage that I couldn't care less about.

When the guy who was helping me pointed out that he was the only one doing any work, the one guy begrudgingly moaned and asked for the keys. But by that time the guy helping me was already at the right case and helping me get the game.

At which point lazy ass grabbed the game and went to ring me out, but then groaned even more once he realized the nearest register to his social club was broken and he'd have to ring me out at another register.:roll:

I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY tempted to call the store tomorrow in the daytime, ask for a manager and get everyone but the hard working guy in deep shit for being a bunch of lazy fucks on company time.

Before I forget, the following also dropped to the following prices(pretty much good prices if you just want spare cases):

:psp: Loco Roco 2-$.50
:ps3::360:Rock Revolution-$.50[/QUOTE]

Calling the manager won't do shit but give them all something to joke about together. You know that receipt you got? It has a link to searsfeedback.com, you go on there and do a 5 minute quiz about your visit. Those are taken seriously and a district manager will talk to store manager, brand central (appliances and electronics manager) about what went wrong and how to counsel the associates involved. Give zeros on the first three questions to get them to pay close attention to it.

[quote name='ferant316']Calling the manager won't do shit but give them all something to joke about together. You know that receipt you got? It has a link to searsfeedback.com, you go on there and do a 5 minute quiz about your visit. Those are taken seriously and a district manager will talk to store manager, brand central (appliances and electronics manager) about what went wrong and how to counsel the associates involved. Give zeros on the first three questions to get them to pay close attention to it.[/QUOTE]

nice.

[quote name='ferant316']Calling the manager won't do shit but give them all something to joke about together. You know that receipt you got? It has a link to searsfeedback.com, you go on there and do a 5 minute quiz about your visit. Those are taken seriously and a district manager will talk to store manager, brand central (appliances and electronics manager) about what went wrong and how to counsel the associates involved. Give zeros on the first three questions to get them to pay close attention to it.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Thanks for the advice. Sorry you lost your job though.:cry:

I most certainly gave them quite a piece of my mind about this visit, including suggestions on how to improve the response time from salespeople. :evil:

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']haha...They will NEVER ban the legend that is IATCG.[/QUOTE]

Anyone (besides Cheapy) could be banned from this site for ticking off the wrong people. Just ask ZL, oh wait, you can't! :lol:

Lego Rock Band finally got the appropriate clearance price at my store! It was 19.99 for forever and then yesterday it showed up in the bin for $2.97 :) Pleasant surprise. Then I grabbed a 50 cent Rock Revolution for DS, knowing it would be homeless forever if I didn't shelter it...

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Lego Rock Band finally got the appropriate clearance price at my store! It was 19.99 for forever and then yesterday it showed up in the bin for $2.97 :) Pleasant surprise. Then I grabbed a 50 cent Rock Revolution for DS, knowing it would be homeless forever if I didn't shelter it...[/QUOTE]

What system was the Lego Rock Band for?

bread's done
Back